I started a thread on the Trade Board testing the waters on an Okafor trade. The goal was to get back expiring contracts. There were lots of pretty good offers. If fan consensus is a useful guide, Okafor looks movable. (Indeed, I would venture to say that, in general, GM's overvalue big men to a greater extent than fans do. So if the fans like it, the GM's almost surely do.)
Some intriguing ideas:
1. Okafor to Brooklyn, Humphries to Charlotte, Diop's expiring to DC. Saves us $6M instantly and dumps Okafor's 2nd year.
2. Okafor to Toronto for Calderon's expiring contract. Gives us a good backup PG and dumps Okafor's 2nd year.
3. Okafor to Philly, Kwame + Nick Young + Ivey to DC. Kwame has PO of $3M next year. The other two are expirings. We save about $3M instantly and get an offensive threat on the wing. It would be weird to have Young and Kwame back, but it would only be for a few months.
4. Okafor to Minnesota for Roy, Ridnoir and Steisma. They wanted Webster and a 2nd rounder to make that happen but that can probably be negotiated down some. We get Ridnoir as a useful backup for Wall for a couple of years. The other guys are expiring.
5. Another poster worked out a 3-way where we dump both Ariza and Okafor for expirings (including Calderon).
The bottom line is that it looks like Okafor is movable. I suspect that Ariza might be movable as well. Hopefully, Ted can get EG to undo his mistakes last season. If all goes well, this whole season could end up as one big blessing in disguise. We could go into the offseason with a top 5 pick and $15M in cap room.