ImageImageImageImageImage

Mack is Back / Update: Nevermind

Moderators: nate33, montestewart, LyricalRico

Tyrone Messby
Bench Warmer
And1: 412

Re: Mack is Back 

Post#41 » by Tyrone Messby » Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:17 am

Temple has no offensive game. But yes, his defense is great.
DMVleGeND
Sixth Man
And1: 194

Post#42 » by DMVleGeND » Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:14 am

gambitx777 wrote:the thing is they need to let him be the guard he was when they drafted him. he avg 17 point in the D league. we was not a bad shooter in college, let him shoot.

He hasn't proven to be an effective shooter at the NBA level yet.
Formerly known as 7-day Dray
DrKnick
Starter
And1: 580

Post#43 » by DrKnick » Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:32 am

Thought this thread was about Mark Morrison.
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#44 » by hands11 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:31 pm

With Temple shining and likely to take the starting PG spot until Wall returns, Mack is back all right. Likely back to the DL once Wall returns.

He will have to battle it out with Price who is faster and a better defender and who can hit the 3 ball some. Mack got torched last night by Jameer Nelson who is 6-0. It took Temple coming in to save the day. Nelson was on fire in the first half. Temple shut him down. Nelson didn't score in the second half. Wiz had the lead at half time and instead of losing it with another crap ass Randy line up, he started Temple and they extended it.

Temple so far is looking really good. He is 26. Been around the league some. He is hungry and confident and he is a 6-6 PG who can defend and who can play at the SG as well. He is Livingston with defense and a better shot. And healthy legs. This kid is looking like the story of the year.

Temple is a much better fit then Mack is.

Personally, once Wall returns, I would dump both Price and Mack and open a slot to try out other SGs and SFs. Look for some pure shooters. If you find one, dump Martin and that open another slot. Warming up a set for you Mr James Singleton.
MikeTheKid
Head Coach
And1: 4,213

Post#45 » by MikeTheKid » Mon Jan 7, 2013 7:54 pm

Sky Kerstein ‏@SkyKerstein
#Wizards announce that they've waived Shelvin Mack
TheBigThree
Starter
And1: 124

Post#46 » by TheBigThree » Mon Jan 7, 2013 8:09 pm

Scott Machado, come on down?
rockymac52
Sixth Man
And1: 73

Post#47 » by rockymac52 » Mon Jan 7, 2013 8:12 pm

Prediction: Bobby Brown
miller31time
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,125

Post#48 » by miller31time » Mon Jan 7, 2013 8:12 pm

miller31time
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,125

Post#49 » by miller31time » Mon Jan 7, 2013 8:15 pm

rockymac52 wrote:Prediction: Bobby Brown

I guess that's....your prerogative.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zXDo4dL7SU[/youtube]
Induveca
Head Coach
And1: 724

Re: Mack is Back / Update: Nevermind 

Post#50 » by Induveca » Mon Jan 7, 2013 8:20 pm

And.....Mack's career is over. Too bad for the guy.
MikeTheKid
Head Coach
And1: 4,213

Post#51 » by MikeTheKid » Mon Jan 7, 2013 8:20 pm

miller31time wrote:
rockymac52 wrote:Prediction: Bobby Brown

I guess that's....your prerogative.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zXDo4dL7SU[/youtube]

crackhed
Assistant Coach
And1: 66

Post#52 » by crackhed » Mon Jan 7, 2013 10:41 pm

u gotta love this organization
"I never apologize. I'm sorry but that's just the kind of man I am"
H. Simpson
Nivek
Head Coach
And1: 959

Post#53 » by Nivek » Mon Jan 7, 2013 11:05 pm

With today's news, I ran a quick stats update. Using my stat (PPA), where 100 = average; higher is better and 45 = replacement level, Mack has a 70 and Temple a 45.

For the second time this season, the Wizards have released Mack to keep a less productive player.
"A lot of what we call talent is the desire to practice."
-- Malcolm Gladwell

Check out my blog about the Wizards, movies, writing, music, TV, sports, and whatever else comes to mind.
Nivek
Head Coach

Post#54 » by Nivek » Mon Jan 7, 2013 11:07 pm

Gotta say, it doesn't matter all that much -- Mack wasn't about to become a great PG. But, if you're keeping a scrub around, why not the more productive scrub?
-- Malcolm Gladwell

Check out my blog about the Wizards, movies, writing, music, TV, sports, and whatever else comes to mind.
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,506

Post#55 » by closg00 » Mon Jan 7, 2013 11:12 pm

Nivek wrote:With today's news, I ran a quick stats update. Using my stat (PPA), where 100 = average; higher is better and 45 = replacement level, Mack has a 70 and Temple a 45.

For the second time this season, the Wizards have released Mack to keep a less productive player.

Are your numbers influenced at-all by Temple poor shooting of-late?
Nivek
Head Coach

Post#56 » by Nivek » Mon Jan 7, 2013 11:21 pm

closg00 wrote:
Nivek wrote:With today's news, I ran a quick stats update. Using my stat (PPA), where 100 = average; higher is better and 45 = replacement level, Mack has a 70 and Temple a 45.

Are your numbers influenced at-all by Temple poor shooting of-late?

Sure. Efficiency is an important factor.

There's not a ton of difference between them except that Mack shot badly during his brief stint and Temple somehow shot even worse. My guess is that Temple will probably revert to his usual awful shooting pretty soon -- which while awful is still better than his shooting so far.

I mean, think about it a second -- Temple is now with his 6th NBA team. In 219 minutes, he has an efg of .323 (not a typo), has a turnover rate of 20.1 (in other words 1-in-5 of the possessions he uses is a turnover), has an offensive rating of 89 (which is 16 points below league average -- but is right at his career average), and yet somehow he was worth guaranteed money for the rest of the season.

The Wizards could throw a rock at D-League PGs and hit someone who could do this.
-- Malcolm Gladwell

hands11
Banned User

Post#57 » by hands11 » Mon Jan 7, 2013 11:21 pm

hands11 wrote:With Temple shining and likely to take the starting PG spot until Wall returns, Mack is back all right. Likely back to the DL once Wall returns.

He will have to battle it out with Price who is faster and a better defender and who can hit the 3 ball some. Mack got torched last night by Jameer Nelson who is 6-0. It took Temple coming in to save the day. Nelson was on fire in the first half. Temple shut him down. Nelson didn't score in the second half. Wiz had the lead at half time and instead of losing it with another crap ass Randy line up, he started Temple and they extended it.

Temple so far is looking really good. He is 26. Been around the league some. He is hungry and confident and he is a 6-6 PG who can defend and who can play at the SG as well. He is Livingston with defense and a better shot. And healthy legs. This kid is looking like the story of the year.

Temple is a much better fit then Mack is.

Personally, once Wall returns, I would dump both Price and Mack and open a slot to try out other SGs and SFs. Look for some pure shooters. If you find one, dump Martin and that open another slot. Warming up a set for you Mr James Singleton.

It was only a matter of time. It was fun to see him return for a short while though.

He is nice young man. I hope things work out for him somewhere.
hands11
Banned User

Post#58 » by hands11 » Mon Jan 7, 2013 11:31 pm

I think Temple was the better keep given Wall and Price are returning. Temple clearly defend better and he can guard more positions. Given he doesn't even really know the playbook yet, I'm guessing they are looking at it like that. A bench player with a defined skill who can get better with experience.

Heard to write this because I know it falls right into a stereo type move for this organization but...

He has more potential then Mack :D

Temple still has to fight it out with Price though so he is just a bench guard until he proves he should get the minutes over Crawford and Price.
DCZards
General Manager
And1: 3,917

Post#59 » by DCZards » Tue Jan 8, 2013 3:22 am

Do those numbers take into account Temple's superior D, size, length and athleticism?
Nivek
Head Coach

Post#60 » by Nivek » Tue Jan 8, 2013 1:05 pm

DCZards wrote:

Do those numbers take into account Temple's superior D, size, length and athleticism?

Yes.
-- Malcolm Gladwell

Return to Washington Wizards