ImageImageImageImageImage

Kool-Aid Drinking, Season Turnaround Thread

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Re: Kool-Aid Drinking, Season Turnaround Thread 

Post#321 » by hands11 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:22 pm

And I love how the vets compliment the younger player. They are guiding them along the process of learning how to win in the playoff so they could advance and they did.

They haven't achieved their goals yet and the team hasn't peaked yet. They are still growing.

http://www.monumentalnetwork.com/videos ... me-4-29-14

Gortat has been the finals. His message. We just won one round. We haven't proven anything yet but we can beat anyone. We have proved that.
hands11
Banned User

Post#322 » by hands11 » Tue May 6, 2014 1:39 am

Its tasty

Its sweet

Its refreshing

:beer:

So much for that Wizards haven't won in Indy.
hands11
Banned User

Post#323 » by hands11 » Wed Nov 5, 2014 2:15 pm

Its been a long road to rebuilding but here we are.

Finally a team that can get off to a good start to a season so they don't have to claw back to have a shot at the playoffs.

Finally a team that we expect to make the playoff from the start of the season.

Finally a team where every game they play early in the season they have a legit chance to win.

We aren't out of the woods just yet, but I am really enjoying this.
hands11
Banned User

Post#324 » by hands11 » Thu Nov 6, 2014 4:27 am

Best start since 2007

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon:
milellie111
Pro Prospect
And1: 245

Post#325 » by milellie111 » Thu Dec 4, 2014 10:42 am

Wow what an appropriate thread. Seems you were right all along hands11.
Positivity pays off. This team is structured to win and no more is it just drinking the Kool-Aid, it is accepting the fact we are a good team with good organizational structure.
TGW = Troll Gone Wild
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,317

Post#326 » by nate33 » Thu Dec 4, 2014 1:11 pm

Our record against teams with an above .500 record is 2-5.

Going by SRS (which factors point differential and strength of schedule), we are the 12th best team in the league. We would be the 9th best team in the West and still would not make the playoffs.

It's better to be the 12th best team rather than the 15th best team like last year so I'm not hating. It's an incremental improvement. But let's not act like we've accomplished much. We're a slightly above-average team that happens to be the 3rd oldest in the league.
Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,097

Post#327 » by Dat2U » Thu Dec 4, 2014 2:03 pm

nate33 wrote:Our record against teams with an above .500 record is 2-5.

Going by SRS (which factors point differential and strength of schedule), we are the 12th best team in the league. We would rank 9th if we were in the West and still would not make the playoffs.

It's better to be the 12th best team rather than the 15th best team like last year so I'm not hating. It's an incremental improvement. But let's not act like we've accomplished much. We're a slightly above-average team that happens to be the 3rd oldest in the league.

Agreed. Beating up on the pathetic Lakers is liable to boost confidence to uncomfortable levels.
Donkey McDonkerton
General Manager
And1: 411

Post#328 » by Donkey McDonkerton » Thu Dec 4, 2014 2:48 pm

The way we play, and the way we've always played has led to some heartbreaking losses (or loses if you'd like). What I'm seeing now, is more focus and energy on the defensive end, at the end of games. 5 of our wins would definitely have been a loss last year, so I'm happy with that improvement. We aren't world beaters, but I think we're in the process of learning out to close out games...that's needed in the playoffs. I like what I see, even if our record makes us look a little better than we actually are.
dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 15,996

Post#329 » by dckingsfan » Thu Dec 4, 2014 3:09 pm

Dat2U wrote:

Going by SRS (which factors point differential and strength of schedule), we are the 12th best team in the league. We would rank 9th if we were in the West and still would not make the playoffs.

Agreed. Beating up on the pathetic Lakers is liable to boost confidence to uncomfortable levels.

Come on guys - shouldn't we be ranked at least #4 (two in the east and two in the west). And that age thing - ignore it - defined strategy by EG to get Durant to come here.
dobrojim
RealGM
And1: 3,334

Post#330 » by dobrojim » Thu Dec 4, 2014 3:37 pm

Dat2U wrote:

Hard not to be giddy even though the rational mind understands the suck that is the Lakers.

That said, I'm calling the Ws against ORL and MIL as semi-quality Ws especially the road ones.
Those are both better teams than people thought not that they're title contenders or anything.
A lot of what we call 'thought' is just mental activity

When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression

Those who are convinced of absurdities, can be convinced to commit atrocities
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,992

Post#331 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu Dec 4, 2014 3:38 pm

Going by SRS (which factors point differential and strength of schedule), we are the 12th best team in the league. We would be the 9th best team in the West and still would not make the playoffs.

One thing I saw last night with Humprhies grabbing 20 rebounds and Rasual Butler playing great again is this team is growing better. The interchangeable parts are fitting nicely.

Beal was really good. He's just 21 years old.

John Wall is STILL improving.

Paul Pierce shut down hot Kobe. That one play changed momentum.

12th best isn't horrible. I think the Wizards potentially are somewhere in the top six or seven.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using RealGM Forums mobile app
Bye bye Beal.
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,888

Post#332 » by TGW » Thu Dec 4, 2014 3:54 pm

When the team comes back to DC after a successful Western Conference road trip, then we'll really know what this record is worth. To this point, all I've seen is them beating up on the dreck of the NBA. We haven't even played the Bulls yet, let alone played the GS, Clips, Spurs, Grizz, and the other WC beasts.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
hands11
Banned User

Post#333 » by hands11 » Fri Dec 5, 2014 12:27 am

Don't make me dig up posts when you were more positive Nate

I remember a time when things looks worse and you were one of the positive people.

Now things look way better and your are posting negative stuff.

What happen Nate ?
milellie111
Pro Prospect

Post#334 » by milellie111 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:20 am

This is simply not just drinking the Kool-Aid. This team HAS turned the corner is is a winning one. No more doubting expecting losses at the end of close games. This squad is comprised of intelligent, strong willed talented fighters.
TGW = Troll Gone Wild
milellie111
Pro Prospect

Post#335 » by milellie111 » Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:23 am

Go Wizards! It's a shame there are still some doubters after whipping the Clips.
TGW = Troll Gone Wild
hands11
Banned User

Post#336 » by hands11 » Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:31 am

Get those cups out

milellie111
Pro Prospect

Post#337 » by milellie111 » Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:40 am

TGW wrote:When the team comes back to DC after a successful Western Conference road trip, then we'll really know what this record is worth. To this point, all I've seen is them beating up on the dreck of the NBA. We haven't even played the Bulls yet, let alone played the GS, Clips, Spurs, Grizz, and the other WC beasts.

Scratch off the Clips
TGW = Troll Gone Wild
hands11
Banned User

Post#338 » by hands11 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:58 am

Return to Washington Wizards