Wizards @ Clippers - 1/19/13 - 10:30 PM EST

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,994

Re: Wizards @ Clippers - 1/19/13 - 10:30 PM EST 

Post#21 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:32 pm

Dat2U wrote:
sfam wrote:Seraphin still has some work to do, but the trajectory is definitely going in the right direction. Contrast Seraphin's growth with McGee, for instance. Seraphin is a legit threat down low now - he just has to work on his court awareness, which will be lots easier with a consistent offense and rotation approach.

So one game changes Seraphin's trajectory???

What makes Seraphin a legit threat down low that he hasn't been all season?

Dat, I would trade Seraphin to get Cousins but I remember what Seraphin did the last 15-16 games last season. This season there were injuries, lineup changes, and lots of things going on which contributed to a downward trajectory and some selfish, impatient, unsteady play by Kevin.

He was a legit threat last season, too, when Wall was penetrating and when guys like Mason, Evans, Martin, and James Singleton were hitting perimeter shots. Kevin can score well down low if he's not forcing the issue, rushing shots, fading away from pressure, or when he's not the obvious go to threat.
Bye bye Beal.
sfam
Assistant Coach
And1: 548

Post#22 » by sfam » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:57 pm

Dat2U wrote:
sfam wrote:Seraphin still has some work to do, but the trajectory is definitely going in the right direction. Contrast Seraphin's growth with McGee, for instance. Seraphin is a legit threat down low now - he just has to work on his court awareness, which will be lots easier with a consistent offense and rotation approach.

So one game changes Seraphin's trajectory???

What makes Seraphin a legit threat down low that he hasn't been all season?

Seraphin by himself isn't much of anything, but with an outside game and a penetrating PG who can dish, and more importantly, a consistent offensive approach you can only get when your full compliment of players returns, now you can evaluate Seraphin properly. He clearly has the potential.

EDIT: And Ditto on trading Seraphin to get Cousins. I just don't see Sacramento doing that.
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,926

Post#23 » by tontoz » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:26 pm

Seraphin has the same two major holes, rebounding and not attacking the basket. His rebounding is actually worse than last year.
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,161

Post#24 » by AFM » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:37 pm

Got to stop Jamaal Crawford. Dude can get hot. J Craw vs J Craw? WHO YA GOT??
MikeTheKid
Head Coach
And1: 4,220

Post#25 » by MikeTheKid » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:03 am

Were gonna keep the "Good Job, Good Effort" at the playground tonight, Im sippin the koolaid and were getting B2B road wins tonight!
dandrews
Junior
And1: 4

Post#26 » by dandrews » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:18 am

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:
Induveca wrote:Agree CCJ. Paul is still out I believe which makes the focus of the game Wall vs Bledsoe. They both have something to prove to one another due to their roles at Kentucky.

I forgot about Chris Paul! I have edited and re-edited.

With Paul out, this is more than winnable. It's practically a toss up game and maybe one he Wizard can jump on the the Clips.

It's certainly winnable, but call this game a toss up is borderline insane. Washington has their work cut out for them if they want to win. LAC is a great team even without Paul.
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#27 » by hands11 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:21 am

MikeTheKid wrote:Were gonna keep the "Good Job, Good Effort" at the playground tonight, Im sippin the koolaid and were getting B2B road wins tonight!

The Kood-aid is cool and refreshing isn't it. But back to back road wins against Denver is LAC is a little more then sippin the Kool-aid. Admit is. You took a big ol gulp didn't you.

I expect Nene, Okafor, Kevin and Booker to do some punking on the BG.

More Crawford. Less Price also.

I just want to here that Beal is fine. That is my main concern right now. If he is. All systems on launch count down.
Drogba
Junior
And1: 69

Post#28 » by Drogba » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:45 am

nate33 wrote:Paul is the 3rd best player in the league. With him out, I don't think the Clippers are all that good.

Ridiculous. They have the most talented and balanced roster in the League and Bledsoe is a more than capable backup for Paul.

This will be an extremely tough game, especially on a B2B.
MikeTheKid
Head Coach

Post#29 » by MikeTheKid » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:45 am

hands11 wrote:
MikeTheKid wrote:Were gonna keep the "Good Job, Good Effort" at the playground tonight, Im sippin the koolaid and were getting B2B road wins tonight!

The Kood-aid is cool and refreshing isn't it. But back to back road wins against Denver is LAC is a little more then sippin the Kool-aid. Admit is. You took a big ol gulp didn't you.

I just want to here that Beal is fine. That is my main concern right now. If he is. All systems on launch count down.

Hands your right on this one, I actually think "Air" Jordan and Temple should get more time tonight with Crawford and Bledsoe being so long and athletic. And yes I was so drunk last night on that koolaid I told someone at the bar that we were going to the playoffs and that guy called me a cab immediately.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,994

Post#30 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:54 am

AFM wrote:Got to stop Jamaal Crawford. Dude can get hot. J Craw vs J Craw? WHO YA GOT??

Without a doubt, I have J Craw winning this matchup.

8-)
Bye bye Beal.
MikeTheKid
Head Coach

Post#31 » by MikeTheKid » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:55 am

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:
AFM wrote:Got to stop Jamaal Crawford. Dude can get hot. J Craw vs J Craw? WHO YA GOT??

Without a doubt, I have J Craw winning this matchup.

8-)
Zonkerbl
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,184

Post#32 » by Zonkerbl » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:58 am

I never did see Beal's fall. Is there a video of it somewhere?
I've been taught all my life to value service to the weak and powerless.
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Post#33 » by FAH1223 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:20 am

WE NEED to lose games with a healthy deck of cards. I'm sorry but I can't root for Ws cause that means ERNIE WILL NEVER BE GONE.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,348

Post#34 » by nate33 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:39 am

Drogba wrote:
nate33 wrote:Paul is the 3rd best player in the league. With him out, I don't think the Clippers are all that good.

Ridiculous. They have the most talented and balanced roster in the League and Bledsoe is a more than capable backup for Paul.

This will be an extremely tough game, especially on a B2B.

I misspoke. They are certainly still pretty good without Paul. But Paul is one of the super elite players in the league. Without him, they are not elite. They are beatable.

Don't get me wrong, I don't expect a win or anything. I'm just saying a win is possible. I don't think it would be possible with Paul in the lineup.
hands11
Banned User

Post#35 » by hands11 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:55 am

Zonkerbl wrote:I never did see Beal's fall. Is there a video of it somewhere?

Not sure there is, but he is what happen.

He started in the right corner 3. Nene to Trevor at the top, Trevor to Beal in the corner.

Denver closed out so Beal put it on the floor for a baseline drive and goes up with two hands on it.

Koufos was standing right at the rim waiting for him and put a body on him with both arms up that meet near the ball. Beal spun 45% in the air and landed with his head facing the baseline completely horizontal and just bounced right off his chest. Luck he didn't hit his face.

He laid there in pain for about 10 sec then reached his hands out to he teammates to pull him up.

Walked to the line. Shook it off. Took a deep breath and sunk 2 FTA.

When he was down it seemed like his right hand or wrist was bothering him but he didn't stick an arm out to brace him landing. Maybe he just smacked it as he landed. His whole body pretty much hit all at the same time.

Which reminds me. I want to see someone on this team or more than one player start to act as an enforcer. You clobber Beal or Wall, and some one on your team is going to get clobbered back. I don't see Okafor as that type of person. Maybe he would do it. Nene might do it. Yeah. I think Nene would. Maybe he can teach Kevin to do it. Oddly, you know who would do it. Vesely. I have seen him clobber players before. Maybe put Singleton in long enough to clobber someone. Maybe Booker ?

We really don't have A holes on the team. But someone needs to step up and do that job.
hands11
Banned User

Post#36 » by hands11 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:06 am

MikeTheKid wrote:
hands11 wrote:

Hands your right on this one, I actually think "Air" Jordan and Temple should get more time tonight with Crawford and Bledsoe being so long and athletic. And yes I was so drunk last night on that koolaid I told someone at the bar that we were going to the playoffs and that guy called me a cab immediately.

LOL. :lol: Now that is some sweet action. Dare to believe my friend. But for the record, I haven't even drunken that much Kool-aid yet. Take it easy on that stuff. It's got some kick to it.
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,529

Post#37 » by closg00 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:39 am

The Clippers are a much better team, they are going to beast us tonight.
AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,161

Post#38 » by AFM » Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:54 am

Yeah, just like the Thunder. And the Heat.
nuposse04
RealGM
And1: 2,439

Post#39 » by nuposse04 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:05 am

CP3 playing tonight, the tank is ready. Whens the last time a gamethread was 3 pages long before a game was underway? Is that a reasonable sign of progress?
dangermouse
Lead Assistant
And1: 814

Post#40 » by dangermouse » Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:26 am

hands11 wrote:
Zonkerbl wrote:I never did see Beal's fall. Is there a video of it somewhere?

Not sure there is, but he is what happen.

He started in the right corner 3. Nene to Trevor at the top, Trevor to Beal in the corner.

Denver closed out so Beal put it on the floor for a baseline drive and goes up with two hands on it.

Koufos was standing right at the rim waiting for him and put a body on him with both arms up that meet near the ball. Beal spun 45% in the air and landed with his head facing the baseline completely horizontal and just bounced right off his chest. Luck he didn't hit his face.

He laid there in pain for about 10 sec then reached his hands out to he teammates to pull him up.

Walked to the line. Shook it off. Took a deep breath and sunk 2 FTA.

When he was down it seemed like his right hand or wrist was bothering him but he didn't stick an arm out to brace him landing. Maybe he just smacked it as he landed. His whole body pretty much hit all at the same time.

Which reminds me. I want to see someone on this team or more than one player start to act as an enforcer. You clobber Beal or Wall, and some one on your team is going to get clobbered back. I don't see Okafor as that type of person. Maybe he would do it. Nene might do it. Yeah. I think Nene would. Maybe he can teach Kevin to do it. Oddly, you know who would do it. Vesely. I have seen him clobber players before. Maybe put Singleton in long enough to clobber someone. Maybe Booker ?

We really don't have A holes on the team. But someone needs to step up and do that job.

On the next play Wall smacked someone driving to the basket. I thought it was a little bit retaliatory.
long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:
NatP4 wrote:but why would the pacers want Mahinmi's contract

Well, in fairness, we took Mike Pence off their hands. Taking back Mahinmi is the least they can do.

Return to Washington Wizards