yardbarker

NCAA Wiretap Headlines

Wizards at Blazers. 10pm tonight!

Moderators: LyricalRico, pineappleheadindc, WizStorm, nate33, miller31time

Post#406 Re: Wizards at Blazers. 10pm tonight!
Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:04 am by fishercob

I know nothing should ever surprise me with this crowd, but I seriously cannot believe the pixels devoted to scrutinizing Beal's reaction to the win. The guy's expression doesn't change when he dunks on people's heads. Just a cool cat is all.
"Some people have a way with words....some people....not have way."
— Steve Martin
fishercob
RealGM
And1: 566

Post#407 Re: Wizards at Blazers. 10pm tonight!
Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:23 am by GhostsOfGil

Went to sleep after the 3rd. Great to see they pulled out the win. I dont remember the last time the Wizards had such a successful road trip.
GhostsOfGil
General Manager
And1: 678

Post#408 Re: Wizards at Blazers. 10pm tonight!
Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:36 am by bgroban

Watched the game via League Pass. The Blazers' broadcasters are just awful. Kept calling out the Wiz on team defense and rebounding. Granted, they're not the best in either category. But certainly far from the worst.
bgroban
Junior
And1: 13

Post#409 Re: Wizards at Blazers. 10pm tonight!
Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:36 am by truwizfan4evr

nuposse04 wrote:
truwizfan4evr wrote:Beal worry about his starting spot?

absolutely not. Its a non issue. The rook is allowed a bad night or two. Wes Matthews is one of the better defenders on the wing that the NBA has to offer. Beal could just never get in a rhythm. Teams are definitely going to pay more attention to him so other players will need to come up big.

I'm saying the fact he didn't celebrate the game winning shot you think that starting spot was in the back of his mind or was he jealous of Crawford taking his min's?
You Shouldn't Play For Money, But You Should Play Because You Have A Passion For It -- Bradley Beal
truwizfan4evr
Sixth Man
And1: 43

Post#410 Re: Wizards at Blazers. 10pm tonight!
Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:45 am by noworriesinmd

fishercob wrote:I know nothing should ever surprise me with this crowd, but I seriously cannot believe the pixels devoted to scrutinizing Beal's reaction to the win. The guy's expression doesn't change when he dunks on people's heads. Just a cool cat is all.

Fish this is not directed to you. I remember earlier in the season people were saying that Beal had too much emotion and not having a game face. Now people are saying he is a "cool cat". I find that funny

Random observation: Are the Wizards Jeremy Lin 2.0? i.e. Is Wall's "freshness" and the Wizards new look taking teams by surprise? Will their "freshness" be game planned against after AS weekend?
noworriesinmd
Junior
And1: 45

Post#411 Re: Wizards at Blazers. 10pm tonight!
Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:02 am by nate33

fishercob wrote:I know nothing should ever surprise me with this crowd, but I seriously cannot believe the pixels devoted to scrutinizing Beal's reaction to the win. The guy's expression doesn't change when he dunks on people's heads. Just a cool cat is all.

This board is unbearable during games, particularly when Jay81 and queridiculo start reinforcing each other's negative comments.

I can't believe how negative this board was despite the Wizards leading, on the road, in game 4 of a west coast swing having played 3 out of the last 4 nights. If one guy has a bad sequence, all you hear is "Player X is awful". And, "What is Wittman doing putting this guy on the court?". Newsflash people! The other team is trying to win too. And they also have talent.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 1,146

Post#412 Re: Wizards at Blazers. 10pm tonight!
Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:08 am by FAH1223

Beal didn't look like he was sulking. He's celebrating
FAH1223

Assistant Coach
And1: 325

Post#413 Re: Wizards at Blazers. 10pm tonight!
Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:09 am by nate33

noworriesinmd wrote:Random observation: Are the Wizards Jeremy Lin 2.0? i.e. Is Wall's "freshness" and the Wizards new look taking teams by surprise? Will their "freshness" be game planned against after AS weekend?

I don't think so. Frankly, the Wizards surge isn't so much because of their offense. It's their defense. Their DRtg since Wall's return is 99.6 - a number good enough to rank them 2nd in the league defensively.

And they played the 4th, 6th, 13th, 15th, 18th, and 21st best offenses in the league during that stretch, so it's a better-than-average group of teams.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 1,146

Post#414 Re: Wizards at Blazers. 10pm tonight!
Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:20 am by Nivek

I was set to take the blame for a loss. I was helping my son with a project for school and recorded the game for later viewing. Finished up in time to turn on the end of the game to find the Wizards leading late in the 4th. Portland immediately went on a run to get within two, whereupon the Wizards opened a 5 pt lead, at which point Portland came back with a 5-0 run. And I figured -- if the Wizards lose, it's gonna be my fault. But, I dug deep within myself and summoned the courage to keep watching, and Crawford hit that 3 and so now, I get to take full credit for the win!
"A lot of what we call talent is the desire to practice."
-- Malcolm Gladwell

Check out my blog about the Wizards, movies, writing, music, TV, sports, and whatever else comes to mind.
Nivek

Head Coach
And1: 641

Post#415 Re: Wizards at Blazers. 10pm tonight!
Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:27 am by DCZards

truwizfan4evr wrote:I'm saying the fact he didn't celebrate the game winning shot you think that starting spot was in the back of his mind or was he jealous of Crawford taking his min's?

I think that's silly. This stuff about Beal's reaction last night is much ado about nothing.
DCZards
Assistant Coach
And1: 224

Post#416 Re: Wizards at Blazers. 10pm tonight!
Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:33 am by Nivek

I agree Zards. It's ado about less than nothing. Beal's demeanor and enthusiasm for Crawford's (and the team's) success in that 4th quarter was actually a positive.
"A lot of what we call talent is the desire to practice."
-- Malcolm Gladwell

Check out my blog about the Wizards, movies, writing, music, TV, sports, and whatever else comes to mind.
Nivek

Head Coach
And1: 641

Post#417 Re: Wizards at Blazers. 10pm tonight!
Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:50 am by payitforward

Unable to watch the game, so I can only comment on the boxscore from which it seems that Martell Webster had an incredibly efficient game.

Portland drafted him, so I guess he was looking to show them that they shouldn't have given up on him.
People say I'm mellowing with age. Nah.

It is still not possible to formulate a counter-argument -- even if I say... Is so!
payitforward
Veteran
And1: 364

Post#418 Re: Wizards at Blazers. 10pm tonight!
Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:32 am by AFM

Martell just has to pretend we're playing Portland every night.
WizarDynasty wrote:Ted is trying to transform you from a bullet .....piece of metal shot from a gin into a wizard....wise.... wisest fans in the .ba. board has a long way to go but ee have wise wizard posters to guide into Ted the savior rescue operation.
AFM
Starter
And1: 773

Post#419 Re: Wizards at Blazers. 10pm tonight!
Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:43 pm by dobrojim

DCZards wrote:
truwizfan4evr wrote:I'm saying the fact he didn't celebrate the game winning shot you think that starting spot was in the back of his mind or was he jealous of Crawford taking his min's?

I think that's silly. This stuff about Beal's reaction last night is much ado about nothing.

Very intelligent comment

:)
A lot of what we call 'thought' is just mental activity
dobrojim
RealGM
And1: 180

Post#420 Re: Wizards at Blazers. 10pm tonight!
Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:13 pm by GhostsOfGil

http://www.nba.com/wizards/video/courts ... crawford-1

:lol: @ the 1 minute mark. The attitude of this team is fantastic right now.
GhostsOfGil
General Manager
And1: 678

Previous

Return to Washington Wizards