ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Trade Thread XXII (2/6/13 - 4/1/13)

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,327

Re: Official Trade Thread XXII (2/6/13 - present) 

Post#61 » by nate33 » Sat Feb 9, 2013 4:48 pm

jivelikenice wrote:Trading Crawford and Booker is the way to go. Crawford is clearly in the doghouse for what could be a multitude of reasons (something behind the scenes, shot selection, defense??). Regardless he doesn't seem to be part of the plans, especially with Beal back. I do like the idea of getting a two guard back either through a deal or a dleague pickup because we need someone who could come in on a day where everyone is ice cold when we're in need of a spark. Booker is definitely expendable. Everyone playing front court minutes off the bench is versatile and can space the floor, neither of which Book could do. Dealing them also doesn't hurt the current chemistry....

Retaining both Booker and Vesely seems a bit redundant. One of them could go and we wouldn't notice a bit. Neither is very useful (Vesely sucks and Booker is always hurt). I'd trade whichever gets us more in return, even if it's just cap relief and a 2nd round pick. I'd prefer to trade Vesely because trading Booker right now would be selling low.

I don't know enough about the Crawford situation to know whether he should be traded. In theory, Crawford fills a role on this team that nobody else can. He is the only perimeter player other than Wall who can create a half decent shot whenever he wants. If he goes, we would need to replace that skill sooner or later. (Maybe Beal adds that to his game next year, I don't know.) For now, I'd lean toward keeping Crawford, unless we get a pretty good return in a trade.
Deivy202
Senior
And1: 9

Post#62 » by Deivy202 » Sat Feb 9, 2013 4:50 pm

We need a good player and trade okedor and nene is the right time for value. Would rather get picks and draft noell and a late first than keep nene and okefor.
Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,097

Post#63 » by Dat2U » Sat Feb 9, 2013 4:54 pm

Actually, trading all the draft picks not named John Wall would honestly be a good idea.
Deivy202
Senior

Post#64 » by Deivy202 » Sat Feb 9, 2013 4:59 pm

Dat2U wrote:Actually, trading all the draft picks not named John Wall would honestly be a good idea.

Idk walls good but if he cant improve jump shoot and asst than.
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,730

Post#65 » by gambitx777 » Sat Feb 9, 2013 5:24 pm

Well i for one am glad that we did not get gay, he is not worth that kind of money ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! granger and smith, we do not want them. A lot of you guys don't get that we need to be smart. becoming the Atlanta hawks, is not something we want to become. We want to be great some day not a long line of just being good. We need to be smart !dump NENE and move on.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,994

Post#66 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sat Feb 9, 2013 5:32 pm

Wizardspride wrote:
Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:How about Jordan Crawford for Marshon Brooks?

What's your rationale for suggesting this deal?

jivelikenice wrote:^one more year under a rookie contract?

Exactly.

Brooks is a better field goal shooter than Crawford. Jordan is the better passer but Crawford shoots it more often and is more of a ball stopper. I think Brooks, with the extra time, will blow up as a player kind of like Jordan clearly improved this his third season.

My hunch is with confidence Brooks is flat better than Crawford. Jordan Crawford will make it because he can flat out score. This is a lateral trade that shakes things up, has a potential reward, and has most of all very little risk.
Bye bye Beal.
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,888

Post#67 » by TGW » Sat Feb 9, 2013 6:15 pm

I agree CCJ--it wouldn't hurt either team if a deal like this was made.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#68 » by hands11 » Sat Feb 9, 2013 6:49 pm

nate33 wrote:
jivelikenice wrote:Trading Crawford and Booker is the way to go. Crawford is clearly in the doghouse for what could be a multitude of reasons (something behind the scenes, shot selection, defense??). Regardless he doesn't seem to be part of the plans, especially with Beal back. I do like the idea of getting a two guard back either through a deal or a dleague pickup because we need someone who could come in on a day where everyone is ice cold when we're in need of a spark. Booker is definitely expendable. Everyone playing front court minutes off the bench is versatile and can space the floor, neither of which Book could do. Dealing them also doesn't hurt the current chemistry....

Retaining both Booker and Vesely seems a bit redundant. One of them could go and we wouldn't notice a bit. Neither is very useful (Vesely sucks and Booker is always hurt). I'd trade whichever gets us more in return, even if it's just cap relief and a 2nd round pick. I'd prefer to trade Vesely because trading Booker right now would be selling low.

I don't know enough about the Crawford situation to know whether he should be traded. In theory, Crawford fills a role on this team that nobody else can. He is the only perimeter player other than Wall who can create a half decent shot whenever he wants. If he goes, we would need to replace that skill sooner or later. (Maybe Beal adds that to his game next year, I don't know.) For now, I'd lean toward keeping Crawford, unless we get a pretty good return in a trade.

This is what I posted in the game thread. They are not likely to move any big pieces but I could see them doing something on the margin which I personally agree with. They are not going to blow this up. Hell, they are just starting to see what they actually put together and from the looks of it, it's a solid team that plays top level defense. Which again, I personally love. That is an identity. Its nothing to sneeze at. Its something to grow.

I think a lot of people in here come up with some creative trade ideas, but to many of them ignore much of what is really going on. Interesting ideas, but not likely to happen. I try to keep my trade ideas focus on what I actually think they might do.

Background.
Ted/EG build a defensive team and drafted a scorer/shooter core piece personality at SG. He is 19
They added a solid vet rebounding center in Okafor. He plays like a machine. He is only 30
Solid long vet defensive SF in Trevor A 27 who can hit the 3 and picked up a 3 pt shooting SF in Webster 26

Webster is now one of the best 3 pt shooters in the league.
If you wanted, Ilyasova, be happy in what we have in Webster for nothing.

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/playe ... t/3-points

That is most of the core. For those that still think the team sucks, well as time goes on and more data comes in on what they look like with Wall and Nene healthy, that doesn't look to be the case. 8-1 at home. They have beaten some of the best teams in the league. They are the defensive team some of us said they would be before the season even started. We also know they would struggle early because if injuries and when healthy we said they would be a .500 or better team that if healthy from day one, would be a 6-8th slot playoff team. Well that looks to be the case. This is also what Ted/EG saw and its why they stayed positive and didn't give in to all the sky is falling negative stuff they were getting.

Conclusion.
I don't see them blowing this up. They are just starting to see what they actually put together and the team still has upside. They are just starting to gel and they still have young pieces that can get better.

Nene, Okafor, Trevor A. They are not getting traded. They are actually a big part of what is finally giving this team a core. The team is no longer a bunch of upside talent bone heads and untapped youth. There are vets here and they are starting to form and identity. Wall and Beal have a team to grow with.

Nick, McGee, Dray, Lewis out = Nene, Okafor, Trevor A, Beal in. Who wouldn't consider that a huge upgrade.

So what do they need to tweak this and make it even better while keeping what they put together ?

PG - they could upgrade at back up PG. Price has been a nice add but they can do better. Temple is a nice find. 6-6 combo PG/SG that can defend 3 positions. As part of the defensive focus, I hope they keep him around and find a role for him.

C/PF - Nene and Okafor are solid pieces. Kevin is playing more solid and stronger. But they need another big who does the type of things Okafor does. I don't see them moving Ves just yet. 6-11 age 22 6th pick athletic. I just don't see them moving him right now and there really isn't any need to. He is a little expense to have riding the bench but I wouldn't sell low on him. I predict they hold onto him.

So who would they most likely would move from what they have ?
Here are the pieces I think they would move.

Crawford - He has talent and some value and there is a role for him here but I just don't think he fits with the overall personality of the team and how Randy wants his players to play. He wants discipline. Players that are system players. He also wants defensive players. I could easily see them moving Crawford if they could get something good in return.

Booker - I think Singleton can do most of what Booker does and he stays healthier. Both are 6-8 strong bodied players. Singleton is signed long, cheaper and younger. They are the most obvious overlap.

Price - He has been ok as a back up PG, but if they could us him to upgrade, I think they would. Nothing terrible wrong with Price but they can do better.

Cartier Martin - He is making almost 1M and they just don't need him. With everyone healthy, not even sure he would be active.

So if they do anything, these are the players I think will be involved.

They would be looking to upgrade at back up PG/SG or a rebounding defensive big. And which ever they don't get, they draft the other. If they could get both now, that would be awesome.

As mentioned before, JJ Redick would be exactly the type of move they would make. Quality PG to run the team when Wall is out and someone who might be able to help him develop his game. We all see how much of a drop there is when Wall goes out.

Now I would throw in Okafor in an Orlando trade only if we could get Nikola in return, but I don't see Orlando giving him up. But one can dream. :D

H Turk, JJ Red, and Nikoloa for Okafor, Crawford, Price and Booker :wink:

Then go draft Zeller or Plumlee. Man we could have some young talented centers.

Wall/JJ Redick
Beal/Temple/Webster/Redick/Martin
Webster/Trevor A
Nene/Singleton/Turk
Nikola/Kevin/Ves

Plus the upcoming draft with a Zeller or Plumlee
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,730

Post#69 » by gambitx777 » Sat Feb 9, 2013 6:58 pm

I agree that would really only help both teams. i am in favor of most little moves that make us better like this, we are proving that we do not need crawford, so we need to move him before he looses all value.
hands11
Banned User

Post#70 » by hands11 » Sat Feb 9, 2013 7:05 pm

payitforward wrote:Ernie isn't going to trade the guy he picked 6th in 2011 for a mid-first round pick. That would be to admit he'd made a mistake. Not going to happen. Waste of time to even think about it.

Actually he isn't going to do it because there is no need to and it would be bad move.

The team is just starting to gel. For now, Vesely's upside is just gravy. I wouldn't move him. That would be way selling low.
kirubel94
Sophomore
And1: 11

Post#71 » by kirubel94 » Sat Feb 9, 2013 7:23 pm

Danny Granger for NeNe.
hands11
Banned User

Post#72 » by hands11 » Sat Feb 9, 2013 7:23 pm

Deivy202 wrote:
MDStar wrote:I'd pass on that deal.

I work at a High School and the kids are notorious for saying a person is "Doing too much".

That's exactly how i feel about Dwight. He just does too freaking much.

His production is way down, he's been injury for the most of the past two seasons and he's a free agent filled with drama.

As my Fiance' says all the time, taking the phrase from the kids and adding an adult twist, "He does the most and least at the same dayum time"

His productions down but he is top 5 in rebounding avgs 11 a game and 16 points ppg . He is an easy upgrade over any one we have he has a down year from some injury and horrible scheme from the lakers but he easily be our superstar here.

I thought Ted/EG blow it so bad that there was no way to make this team better because of the Okafor/Trevor deal. Now people are talking trade ideas where we could add Howard ?

Hmmm.

Personally, I'm not sure I would do it. I know he is a top talented center. But he is such a DB. Is the guy a winner or just a talent. Big difference.
hands11
Banned User

Post#73 » by hands11 » Sat Feb 9, 2013 7:47 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:How about Jordan Crawford for Marshon Brooks?

Well since I wanted us to draft him, so the idea is of some interest.

I haven't watch him play much. Is there anything there.. there.

Doesn't seem like he has done a whole lot. I didn't see him do anything good last night.

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/playe ... ing-guards

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/playe ... ing-guards

Crawford is a good player. He is worth more then Brooks.

Its hard to figure out the right thing to do with him.

Something like Crawford and JJ Redick as the core of trade seems to be the thing that makes the most sense. But would they be able to resign Webster and JJ ?

They haven't figured out how to integrated Crawford into the current rotations yet but that doesn't mean they won't be able to work it out eventually. He is signed cheap for another year.
McGully Culkin
Sophomore
And1: 19

Post#74 » by McGully Culkin » Sat Feb 9, 2013 8:53 pm

hands11 wrote:
payitforward wrote:Ernie isn't going to trade the guy he picked 6th in 2011 for a mid-first round pick. That would be to admit he'd made a mistake. Not going to happen. Waste of time to even think about it.

Actually he isn't going to do it because there is no need to and it would be bad move.

The team is just starting to gel. For now, Vesely's upside is just gravy. I wouldn't move him. That would be way selling low.

I swear Ernie posts under your screen name. You HAVE to be kidding.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#75 » by Ruzious » Sat Feb 9, 2013 9:04 pm

McGully Culkin wrote:
hands11 wrote:

I swear Ernie posts under your screen name. You HAVE to be kidding.

Oh come on. The Wiz record is so good, and they have so much talent that they don't need the 6th pick in the 2011 draft to actually... perform. And the revelation that is Garrett Temple offsets any slight disappointment Vesely may turn out to be.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,994

Post#76 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sat Feb 9, 2013 10:05 pm

hands11 wrote:I think a lot of people in here come up with some creative trade ideas, but to many of them ignore much of what is really going on. Interesting ideas, but not likely to happen. I try to keep my trade ideas focus on what I actually think they might do.

Background.
Ted/EG build a defensive team and drafted a scorer/shooter core piece personality at SG. He is 19
They added a solid vet rebounding center in Okafor. He plays like a machine. He is only 30
Solid long vet defensive SF in Trevor A 27 who can hit the 3 and picked up a 3 pt shooting SF in Webster 26

Webster is now one of the best 3 pt shooters in the league.
If you wanted, Ilyasova, be happy in what we have in Webster or nothing.

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/playe ... t/3-points

That is most of the core. For those that still think the team sucks, well as time goes on and more data comes in on what they look like with Wall and Nene healthy, that doesn't look to be the case. 8-1 at home. They have beaten some of the best teams in the league. They are the defensive team some of us said they would be before the season even started. We also know they would struggle early because [of] injuries and when healthy we said they would be a .500 or better team that if healthy from day one, would be a 6-8th slot playoff team. Well that looks to be the case. This is also what Ted/EG saw and its why they stayed positive and didn't give in to all the sky is falling negative stuff they were getting.

Conclusion.
I don't see them blowing this up. They are just starting to see what they actually put together and the team still has upside. They are just starting to gel and they still have young pieces that can get better.

Nene, Okafor, Trevor A. They are not getting traded. They are actually a big part of what is finally giving this team a core. The team is no longer a bunch of upside talent bone heads and untapped youth. There are vets here and they are starting to form and identity. Wall and Beal have a team to grow with.

Nick, McGee, Dray, Lewis out = Nene, Okafor, Trevor A, Beal in. Who wouldn't consider that a huge upgrade?

hands, I agree that this is the core group and I agree with most of what you've posted. I am noticing what is going on, particularly with this defense and the wins at home. I don't see a lot of changes, either, per se. Realistically, I think there may be a trade and perhaps a move for a FA if Webster isn't resigned.

When you consider the salaries of Lewis at his Washington Wizard salary and Blatche pre-amnesty, that IS a huge upgrage. However, if you think about what they might have had merely buying Lewis out and using the money freed amnestying Blatche to acquire different players, the answer is more murky. Who might the Wizards have acquired instead and how would they look?

We mentioned Danny Green, Robin Lopez, Omer Asik, as well as Ryan Anderson, Ersan Ilyasova, and John Lucas during time free agents were signed) My suspicion is this about as good as the Wizards defense would look. EG and Ted did get a great defense and new culture, with veteran professionals. However, Nene's health and age prohibiting the bigs from having upside are also considerations. All in all, I'm not too sure what the team might be but I am pretty content right now.

As mentioned before, JJ Redick would be exactly the type of move they would make. Quality PG to run the team when Wall is out and someone who might be able to help him develop his game. We all see how much of a drop there is when Wall goes out.

Now I would throw in Okafor in an Orlando trade only if we could get Nikola in return, but I don't see Orlando giving him up. But one can dream. :D

H Turk, JJ Red, and Nikoloa for Okafor, Crawford, Price and Booker :wink:

Then go draft Zeller or Plumlee. Man we could have some young talented centers.

Wall/JJ Redick
Beal/Temple/Webster/Redick/Martin
Webster/Trevor A
Nene/Singleton/Turk
Nikola/Kevin/Ves

Plus the upcoming draft with a Zeller or Plumlee

Washington is very likely not getting Vucevic. If the Wizards were to pursue a young big from the Magic, Andrew Nicholson is the guy I want.

If they trade, they need to be looking for scorers. Booker for someone like Tobias Harris makes little sense for Milwaukee, but I like Harris a lot. He and Nicholson are guys who could blow up. Terrence Jones is similar. However, I just don't see their teams trading them right now.

The Wizards have a pretty good defensive core, and they just need to solidify the rotation with superior athleticism and scoring. Booker is the odd man out right now and his contract is up. He and Crawford, along with Martin are the guys most likely moved IMO.
Bye bye Beal.
hands11
Banned User

Post#77 » by hands11 » Sat Feb 9, 2013 10:20 pm

Yeah, I know Nikola is a pipe dream but its nice to take a little puff once in a while.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/22 ... For-Redick

So they want expiring.

All we have is Price and Martin and Webster and no way we are giving up Webster.

And they want a future pick. Sure, how about ours for 2014/2015

As for those that had an issue with me saying Ves is future upside gravy. Winning doesn't lie. They don't need him right now which mean they can afford to groom him. They are winning without him. That doesn't mean it wouldn't have been nice to get more production from him sooner. I didn't say that. But before the year is over, I think they will find a role for him where he is productive and growing.

Ves is not as talentless as some make him out to be. He will do better as the team establishes more of this defensive style with roles and rotations. The young man hasn't even started to shoot the ball from outside and like I said, he would do it more if they had a lead. So what did he do. Came in and shot and made it. His confidence needs to get established much like Walls. He is still a talented young man. They just have to grow him and work him in and there is only so much of that you can do all at once. Right now it is about Wall, Beal, Kevin and Singleton. He is a system type player and I think they like that kind of player. No reason to bail on him just yet.
popper
Veteran
And1: 366

Post#78 » by popper » Sat Feb 9, 2013 10:42 pm

Trade somebody dammit!
Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,866

Post#79 » by Wizardspride » Sat Feb 9, 2013 10:50 pm

popper wrote:Trade somebody dammit!

:lol: :lol:
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
Deivy202
Senior

Post#80 » by Deivy202 » Sat Feb 9, 2013 10:54 pm

Any rumors gentleman. 13 days till deadline tick tick tick tick.

Return to Washington Wizards