ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Trade Thread XXII (2/6/13 - 4/1/13)

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

nuposse04
RealGM
And1: 2,439

Re: Official Trade Thread XXII (2/6/13 - present) 

Post#21 » by nuposse04 » Thu Feb 7, 2013 6:38 pm

If we were making a run for the playoffs...sure...but barring some 15-1 run...we're not really in a position to do so. Aren't Granger's knees a concern? He's due for money soon...Not sure if it'd be a worthy investment.
queridiculo
RealGM
And1: 9,054

Post#22 » by queridiculo » Thu Feb 7, 2013 6:49 pm

I'm curious, does it really make sense to commit assets to a Cousins trade when we're in a pretty good position to sign him as a free agent in 2014?

Seems to me we'd be better served resigning Webster and turning guys like Booker, Singleton and Crawford into future picks, than to give away a high lottery pick for the privilege of signing Cousins to a longterm extension.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,321

Post#23 » by nate33 » Thu Feb 7, 2013 6:51 pm

popper wrote:Would it be realistic to expect that we could package Vesely and Crawford for a mid round first? If so, shouldn't we do it?

I would definitely be on the phone trying to trade Vesely for anything we can get, even if it's only a high 2nd rounder. I think a high 2nd rounder plus the cap relief of not having Vesely's contract hit in 2014 is a good enough return for me.

I'm not as enthusiastic about dumping Crawford. Sure, if we can get something decent for him, I'd pull the trigger, but I don't view him as totally expendable. He is one of 3 players on this team who can get a shot when the offense breaks down. I think if we lose that, we will have to pay in free agency to find someone else who can do the same thing.
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Post#24 » by FAH1223 » Thu Feb 7, 2013 6:55 pm

dangermouse wrote:

Back to trade ideas:

The news is saying Duhwight has "taken notice" of the Rockets newfound success and improvement, and obviously James Harden. The ROFLakers have said they won't trade Supidman.

Now, I am horrible at maths. So please go easy. But the Rox won't have enough cap room to sign Dwight as a FA, do they? Not unless he takes a major pay cut ala the Heatles, right? Even then unlikely. I assume they are just going to let Royce White go. Theres an extra 1.7m or so, but that isnt enough.

Is there any way we can help out the Rox to clear a bit more cap? I wish we had a decently sized expiring. Shame we can't combine Shart's trade exception with another contract. I'd love to take Delfino and his 3m next year off their hands and them give us Patrick Patterson for our troubles. But alas, no expiring.

A bit weird, I guess, but.... and Trade Machine says yes....:
Ves and Webster to the Rox
We get Delfino and Patterson back

Webster expires, they can just let Vesely go in much the same way as they probably will for Royce, so they save that money. Has a trade like that ever happened? Has a team ever traded for a rookie deal just to deny the team option and save money? It seems kinda shonky.

I'd rather have PP than Ves. And while Webster has been a revelation, I think we can get by with Ariza and Singleton for now.

Rockets have enough cap room to sign Dwight Howard to a 4 year max contract. They don't need to make a trade.
popper
Veteran
And1: 366

Post#25 » by popper » Thu Feb 7, 2013 7:00 pm

nate33 wrote:
popper wrote:Would it be realistic to expect that we could package Vesely and Crawford for a mid round first? If so, shouldn't we do it?

I would definitely be on the phone trying to trade Vesely for anything we can get, even if it's only a high 2nd rounder. I think a high 2nd rounder plus the cap relief of not having Vesely's contract hit in 2014 is a good enough return for me.

I'm not as enthusiastic about dumping Crawford. Sure, if we can get something decent for him, I'd pull the trigger, but I don't view him as totally expendable. He is one of 3 players on this team who can get a shot when the offense breaks down. I think if we lose that, we will have to pay in free agency to find someone else who can do the same thing.

Good point about Crawford. Can Webster (assuming we resign him) be a competent SG? Also, if we can get a decent pick are there SG's available mid to late round one that can adequately create their own shot as well or better than Crawford?
fishercob
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#26 » by fishercob » Thu Feb 7, 2013 7:59 pm

I certainly think Webster can handle 10-15 mpg of backup SG. You'd want him on the floor with a decent penetrator I suppose. But eith Beal's minutes and role set to grow and Crawford clearly not a viable backup PG, I'd be happy to get rid of Crawford if the return was decent.
"Some people have a way with words....some people....not have way."
— Steve Martin
Jajwanda
General Manager
And1: 105

Post#27 » by Jajwanda » Thu Feb 7, 2013 8:07 pm

So what's the trade value on Derrick Williams right now?
Deivy202
Senior
And1: 9

Post#28 » by Deivy202 » Thu Feb 7, 2013 8:15 pm

Granger as two year contract. Im sorry boys but we gotta wait for 2015 for some really legit free agents.
fishercob
RealGM

Post#29 » by fishercob » Thu Feb 7, 2013 9:07 pm

Luke Ridnour is being shopped by the Minnesota Timberwolves, and a league source told SheridanHoops.com “there is a good chance” the 10th-year point guard will be dealt before the Feb. 21 trade deadline. With Ricky Rubio back from an injury that wiped out the first half of his season, the T-Wolves have a glut at the position with J.J. Berea also under contract (for this season plus two more). Ridnour has a reasonable contract ($4 million this season, $4.3 million next season) and is a steady playmaker who has spent the majority of his career with bad teams, having appeared in the playoffs just twice. SheridanHoops

I like Ridnour as a third guard a lot more than Price of Crawford. Strikes me as a big upgrade on offense. Can make shots -- especially 3's -- and can penetrate and kick to second unit shooters (like if Webster is the 2nd unit SG for instance).

How about Ridnour and the Mephis 1st (26th if the draft was today)
for
Crawford, Price, and Martin

Price and Martin would be cut. Saves Memphis a bunch of money and gives they a younger, cheaper bench SG.

Ridnour expires with Okafor and Ariza and helps improve our offense.
— Steve Martin
mhd
General Manager
And1: 1,447

Post#30 » by mhd » Thu Feb 7, 2013 10:14 pm

What about this deal:

Wiz trade Nene+Vessley for Illyasova+Gooden+Nets 2013 1st
Nets trade Humphries+Brooks+2013 1st for Nene+Vessley
Bucks trade Gooden+Illyasova for Humphries+Brooks

Illyasova's contract is for 1 year longer than Nene, but that last year is a team option. Gooden's deal expires 1 year sooner than Nene. Both are good shooters. Nets have no issues with taking on additional longterm money and they get the best player in the deal. Bucks get a much needed young wing in Brooks and a rugged interior player in Humphries to pair with Sanders/Udoh/Henson.
queridiculo
RealGM
And1: 9,054

Post#31 » by queridiculo » Thu Feb 7, 2013 10:15 pm

Where'd the Memphis no. 1 come from?
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 780

Post#32 » by LyricalRico » Thu Feb 7, 2013 10:15 pm

^ Where exactly does Memphis come in? I missed that part.
fishercob
RealGM

Post#33 » by fishercob » Thu Feb 7, 2013 10:31 pm

Minnesota has Memphis' first this year.
— Steve Martin
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,704

Post#34 » by montestewart » Thu Feb 7, 2013 11:28 pm

fishercob wrote:
Luke Ridnour is being shopped by the Minnesota Timberwolves, and a league source told SheridanHoops.com “there is a good chance” the 10th-year point guard will be dealt before the Feb. 21 trade deadline. With Ricky Rubio back from an injury that wiped out the first half of his season, the T-Wolves have a glut at the position with J.J. Berea also under contract (for this season plus two more). Ridnour has a reasonable contract ($4 million this season, $4.3 million next season) and is a steady playmaker who has spent the majority of his career with bad teams, having appeared in the playoffs just twice. SheridanHoops

I like Ridnour as a third guard a lot more than Price of Crawford. Strikes me as a big upgrade on offense. Can make shots -- especially 3's -- and can penetrate and kick to second unit shooters (like if Webster is the 2nd unit SG for instance).

How about Ridnour and the Mephis 1st (26th if the draft was today)
for
Crawford, Price, and Martin

Price and Martin would be cut. Saves Memphis a bunch of money and gives they a younger, cheaper bench SG.

Ridnour expires with Okafor and Ariza and helps improve our offense.

I like it if they'd do it. Price and Martin's contracts are not guaranteed? Would you envision resigning either after they are cut (several roster spaces open at that point)?
Nivek
Head Coach
And1: 959

Post#35 » by Nivek » Thu Feb 7, 2013 11:51 pm

Price and Martin both have guaranteed contracts. Ridnour isn't an upgrade over Price, who's having a career year for the Wizards. I'd probably do it anyway, just to pick up that extra 1st.
"A lot of what we call talent is the desire to practice."
-- Malcolm Gladwell

Check out my blog about the Wizards, movies, writing, music, TV, sports, and whatever else comes to mind.
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,730

Post#36 » by gambitx777 » Fri Feb 8, 2013 12:23 am

i think Crawford is on the move!!!! the wiz are doing what they always do when they shop a player, sit them and do nothing to improve their value. lol

W should not move this years or next years pick, unless its in a deal to get love.
Something like this.
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=aff8fvd
WIZ:
Love, Jenkins, Scott.
wolfs:
Smith(agrees to resign),Morrow, Seraphin, Singleton, Booker, and our 2014 first round pick.
Hawks:
NENE, Williams, Crawford, Amundson, and 2 future second round picks from us.
the Hawks get a young PF and 2 guard,

To much not enough what do you guys think?
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,871

Post#37 » by payitforward » Fri Feb 8, 2013 3:00 am

Ernie isn't going to trade the guy he picked 6th in 2011 for a mid-first round pick. That would be to admit he'd made a mistake. Not going to happen. Waste of time to even think about it.
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,871

Post#38 » by payitforward » Fri Feb 8, 2013 3:12 am

Oh... and I don't think we can trade three used axles and a flat tire for a Mercedes either.

When you have bad players, it's hard to trade them for good players. Know what I mean?
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,730

Post#39 » by gambitx777 » Fri Feb 8, 2013 3:53 am

He took a late first round pick - second rounder with the 6th pick over all. It was a mistake, and should be seen as one. We as fans will respect that and respect the wizards more for it.
Deivy202
Senior
And1: 9

Post#40 » by Deivy202 » Fri Feb 8, 2013 4:08 am

I wonder what a real gm feels like. Muhummad a no no now noell a yes yes.

Return to Washington Wizards