Good job Good effort

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,321

Re: GT: Raps @ Wiz 2-19-13 7:00PM 

Post#162 » by nate33 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:56 am

jivelikenice wrote:Question on Wittman. Where was Singleton tonight? He got back into the rotation, showed some signs, and all of a sudden he's sitting for Booker tonight. I mean how inconsistent can his rotations be? This was also a game where Vesely and his ability to move without the ball might have helped....

I kinda see what Wittman was thinking. When Toronto had Amir Johnson at PF, Wittman didn't think he could get away with Chris Singleton defending him, so he used Booker. Late in the game, Toronto went with Johnson and Bargnani at the C and PF. That would be the time to use Singleton, but Wittman (rightfully) had so little respect for Bargnani as a big man, he went ahead with Ariza at PF. Ariza is a more skilled player than Singleton on offense and was just as capable as defending Bargnani on defense, so it made sense to me.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,992

Post#163 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:22 am

tontoz wrote:If this crap keeps up i am going to jump on the "trade Wall" bandwagon. This is getting ridiculous.

tontoz, Wall could drop 25 or 30 points and have 14 assists with blocks and steals next game... :(

I have never strayed from thinking Wall trades are as viable as anything else. David Falk and SVG are on that dark side. The Wizards are elite defensively as a team, for the most part, with Wall. However, his liability of having a very weak outside game and a lack of command in half court keep Wall far from being elite IMO.

My current thought is the Wizards should try to get a second round one pick to draft Marcus Smart. The other guy I really like in this draft is C. J. McCollum as a third guard.

What the Wizards need to think about IMO is talent at all positions,
and if there is a great leader who can play PG they can also think of Wall as possibly someone to trade. The beauty of drafting Smart or McCollum with a second pick is Wall remains the focal point at least one more season but there is a fall back if things don't work out.

PS--I watched Indiana / Michigan State instead of listening to the Wizards. All I have to say is VICTOR OLADIPO :o

That guy is REALLY GOOD!
Bye bye Beal.
keynote
General Manager
And1: 2,587

Post#164 » by keynote » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:30 am

FWIW, Jordan Crawford apparently threw his jersey into the stands after the game.

https://twitter.com/Truth_About_It/stat ... 44/photo/1
Always remember, my friend: the world will change again. And you may have to come back through everywhere you've been.
DANNYLANDOVER
Veteran
And1: 438

Post#165 » by DANNYLANDOVER » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:31 am

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:
tontoz wrote:If this crap keeps up i am going to jump on the "trade Wall" bandwagon. This is getting ridiculous.

tontoz, Wall could drop 25 or 30 points and have 14 assists with blocks and steals next game... :(

I have never strayed from thinking Wall trades are as viable as anything else. David Falk and SVG are on that dark side. The Wizards are elite defensively as a team, for the most part, with Wall. However, his liability of having a very weak outside game and a lack of command in half court keep Wall far from being elite IMO.

My current thought is the Wizards should try to get a second round one pick to draft Marcus Smart. The other guy I really like in this draft is C. J. McCollum as a third guard.

What the Wizards need to think about IMO is talent at all positions,
and if there is a great leader who can play PG they can also think of Wall as possibly someone to trade. The beauty of drafting Smart or McCollum with a second pick is Wall remains the focal point at least one more season but there is a fall back if things don't work out.

PS--I watched Indiana / Michigan State instead of listening to the Wizards. All I have to say is VICTOR OLADIPO :o

That guy is REALLY GOOD!

Haha welcome to the Oladipo bandwagon, that kid is good, but I won't be surprised if he doesn't get drafted in the top 10. I am not interested in making any trades/drafts with EG at the helm, he's already ruined multiple lotto picks. Fire EG now!!!
Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,866

Post#166 » by Wizardspride » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:35 am

Yep. I'm blowing this thing up....AGAIN.

Shop Wall for a lottery pick.

I can't justify giving him the max.
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
B-easy
Starter
And1: 506

Post#167 » by B-easy » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:38 am

Of course wall won't get the max. No one thinks that.
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Post#168 » by FAH1223 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:42 am

Bad game by Wall. We really need a combo guard in the mold of Jarrett Jack off the bench who can play with Wall or Beal.
Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,866

Post#169 » by Wizardspride » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:42 am

B-easy wrote:Of course wall won't get the max. No one thinks that.

That won't stop him from asking for it.....
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Post#170 » by FAH1223 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:43 am

Wall is also not getting the max. From anyone.

He'll get what Steph Curry, Holiday, DeRozan type money. 4 years and $45 million or something like that.
TheKingOfVa360
General Manager
And1: 1,663

Post#171 » by TheKingOfVa360 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:44 am

keynote wrote:FWIW, Jordan Crawford apparently threw his jersey into the stands after the game.

We could have used Crawford in a game like this. I don't understand why Randy "Bald Spot" Whitman doesn't play Crawford in a game when we cant score!

I've been a huge fan of Wall since he was in high school but this game made me want to smack him in the back of his head. We shouldn't offer him the max extension this summer, he needs to earn it next season if he doesn't finish this season strong. Time for him to learn a whole new shooting form because his shots always end up short. He needs to put in extra time and work with Sam Cassell on his whole game like Beal has been doing. At this rate Beal will be the best player on the Wizards by next season. At least EG got the Beal pick right.
queridiculo
RealGM
And1: 9,053

Post#172 » by queridiculo » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:47 am

Just finished watching the game, that was as bad as it gets by Wall. You just can't have games like this when you're the supposed franchise player of this squad.

In his defense, he was letting the game to him in the first quarter but then inexplicably sat for what seemed like an eternity.

A word on the refs also, the way this game started I could have sworn this game was being held in Toronto. It was amazing how one sided this affair was officiated.

Sad.
jivelikenice
Analyst
And1: 145

Post#173 » by jivelikenice » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:47 am

FAH1223 wrote:Bad game by Wall. We really need a combo guard in the mold of Jarrett Jack off the bench who can play with Wall or Beal.

I'd like to see the team let Beal handle the ball some more....let him attack or create some. Let Wall play off the ball some and take some pressure off of him.
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,925

Post#174 » by tontoz » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:47 am

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:

Maybe in the WNBA. He isn't scoring 30 in the NBA with that jumper. They were playing so far off him it was embarassing.
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
jivelikenice
Analyst

Post#175 » by jivelikenice » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:49 am

TheKingOfVa360 wrote:
keynote wrote:FWIW, Jordan Crawford apparently threw his jersey into the stands after the game.

We could have used Crawford in a game like this. I don't understand why Randy "Bald Spot" Whitman doesn't play Crawford in a game when we cant score!

I've been a huge fan of Wall since he was in high school but this game made me want to smack him in the back of his head. We shouldn't offer him the max extension this summer, he needs to earn it next season if he doesn't finish this season strong. Time for him to learn a whole new shooting form because his shots always end up short. He needs to put in extra time and work with Sam Cassell on his whole game like Beal has been doing. At this rate Beal will be the best player on the Wizards by next season. At least EG got the Beal pick right.

I didn't expect him to play tonight. They didn't want to risk him getting hurt before the deadline. He's out of here...
keynote
General Manager
And1: 2,587

Post#176 » by keynote » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:49 am

jivelikenice wrote:
I'd like to see the team let Beal handle the ball some more....let him attack or create some. Let Wall play off the ball some and take some pressure off of him.

I hear you, but I don't see how Wall can play off the ball if he can't catch and shoot. Wall as an off-ball guard would only be a threat for back door cuts and alley oop lobs.
Always remember, my friend: the world will change again. And you may have to come back through everywhere you've been.
TheKingOfVa360
General Manager
And1: 1,663

Post#177 » by TheKingOfVa360 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:53 am

jivelikenice wrote:
TheKingOfVa360 wrote:

I didn't expect him to play tonight. They didn't want to risk him getting hurt before the deadline. He's out of here...

Yeah I know he is on the way out but we can't trade him and not get an offensive piece in return. We have a top 8 defense but because Wall can't shoot, the offense suffers.
jivelikenice
Analyst

Post#178 » by jivelikenice » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:57 am

nate33 wrote:
jivelikenice wrote:Question on Wittman. Where was Singleton tonight? He got back into the rotation, showed some signs, and all of a sudden he's sitting for Booker tonight. I mean how inconsistent can his rotations be? This was also a game where Vesely and his ability to move without the ball might have helped....

I kinda see what Wittman was thinking. When Toronto had Amir Johnson at PF, Wittman didn't think he could get away with Chris Singleton defending him, so he used Booker. Late in the game, Toronto went with Johnson and Bargnani at the C and PF. That would be the time to use Singleton, but Wittman (rightfully) had so little respect for Bargnani as a big man, he went ahead with Ariza at PF. Ariza is a more skilled player than Singleton on offense and was just as capable as defending Bargnani on defense, so it made sense to me.

I don't. Singleton has been playing better and the team's recent win streak coincided with his increased pt. Why go away from it? Singleton has just as good of a chance at guarding Amir Johnson and has more length than Booker. Either way, why is Amir Johnson dictating what Wittman does?!!! Something works, then Wittman explicably goes away from it. His substitution patterns are inconsistent and just plain STUPID. That's why I have a hard time getting encouraged when he does something well...because you just know he'll go away from it for no damn good reason.
80sballboy
RealGM
And1: 5,650

Post#179 » by 80sballboy » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:58 am

Wizardspride wrote:Yep. I'm blowing this thing up....AGAIN.

Shop Wall for a lottery pick.

I can't justify giving him the max.

At least you're not overreacting to one bad game. :(
jivelikenice
Analyst

Post#180 » by jivelikenice » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:00 am

keynote wrote:
jivelikenice wrote:

I hear you, but I don't see how Wall can play off the ball if he can't catch and shoot. Wall as an off-ball guard would only be a threat for back door cuts and alley oop lobs.

That's all we need. I'm not saying to play him at shooting guard, just let Beal initiate things a play here and a play there....

Return to Washington Wizards