ImageImageImageImageImage

Big Balls traded to Boston for (almost) NOTHING

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

Wizards2Lottery
RealGM
And1: 26

Re: Big Balls traded to Boston for (almost) NOTHING 

Post#281 » by Wizards2Lottery » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:25 pm

I am fed up with this franchise. I don't care for Jordan Crawford.

I am just fed up with the constant turnover of the roster but the idiot who has been running this team and making all the horrible signings/trades/draft picks continues to have job security.

Ted Leonsis is a failure for not firing Ernie the day he took over. This roster speaks for itself. Ernie put together total ****. Nothing else needs to be said about him.
jivelikenice
Analyst
And1: 145

Post#282 » by jivelikenice » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:28 pm

That's the troubling part. One yr we take on salary, one year we try to save salary. One year we want picks/ young players, one year we want no part of them because of past failures. We need consistency & balance. All young is stupid. Past their prime and young is also stupid. We need core players who are in their prime.
McGully Culkin
Sophomore
And1: 19

Post#283 » by McGully Culkin » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:44 pm

I just came across this...I still dont think we got good value for JC, but now I understand WHY the trade was made. There was obviously more going on behind the scenes that we knew about.

But let me paint you the bloody truth about Crawford and why this deal was bound to happen: he was the laziest defender on the roster, the one who didn't give a flying f*** about winning, or team chemistry. You can let someone like Monta Ellis or Deron Williams get away with behavior like that. But not Jordan Crawford.

Or how about this nugget (which you'll see itself play out in the upcoming year):Crawford was sabotaging Bradley Beal from becoming the leader of the Wizards.

Beal, who let's remember is still 19, effectively bossed around older players at Florida last season, and the Gators began to click. He's a much more cerebral leader and speaker than John Wall, who would gladly hand the authoritative keys to Beal. Here's the thing: Wall wasn't around for the first few months of the season and at the exact same time Crawford was flourishing (averaged 19.1 ppg in December) and Beal was sputtering. Crawford acted like the alpha dog and wasn't welcoming to Beal. Randy Wittman idiotically let this situation continue to play out, delaying Beal's emergence and giving false hope to Wizards fans about Crawford's fools gold appeal.

Now Beal won't feel like he's stepping on anybody's toes. Using one of Crawford's old quotes, "people gravitate towards me," is actually true in a good way about Beal. Without Crawford snorting laughter in the background and undermining any type of serious approach to basketball, Wizards fans are about to meet the real Bradley Beal.

http://www.wusa9.com/sports/article/244 ... d-Riddance
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,925

Post#284 » by tontoz » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:47 pm

The "real" Beal? The "fake" Beal has been looking pretty good to me.
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
queridiculo
RealGM
And1: 9,050

Post#285 » by queridiculo » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:00 pm

Grunfeld sucks, nothing new here, but all this vitriol over Jordan **** Crawford? Lol, I can't stop shaking my head.

Good riddance, Crawford is a baller, not a basketball player. You can't win with guys like him.
miller31time
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,125

Post#286 » by miller31time » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:07 pm

queridiculo wrote:Grunfeld sucks, nothing new here, but all this vitriol over Jordan **** Crawford? Lol, I can't stop shaking my head.

Good riddance, Crawford is a baller, not a basketball player. You can't win with guys like him.

It's not over Crawford, per say. It's over mis-managed assets.

A few things should be universally accepted here....

1) Crawford's trade value was at it's all-time peak when he was putting up 19/6/5
3) Crawford wouldn't have as big of a role on the team after Wall came back
4) Crawford wasn't the best person to have in the locker-room

So what does our genius GM do? Ride the Crawford hot-streak, wait until Wall came back, watch as Crawford rotted on the bench and became an even bigger detriment in the locker-room, then trade him at his lowest value of all-time.

It's not that anyone here is a big Crawford fan - quite the opposite. It's that it's a gigantic mis-use of a one-time decent asset. And to an even larger point, it's a continuation of mis-use of assets.
pancakes3
General Manager
And1: 2,626

Post#287 » by pancakes3 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:07 pm

When we were playing the cherrypicking stats game earlier this season with Vesely, didn't Nate turn up that the only player worse in terms of minutes:fouls:points was Collins? I'm surprised that Collins was even in the league still.
Bullets -> Wizards
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,885

Post#288 » by TGW » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:09 pm

jivelikenice wrote:
tontoz wrote:Crawford was a chucker no doubt, but he played hard at least. I always got the impression that he was giving his best effort even if he wasn't playing smart. He also wasn't afraid to take important shots at the end of games.

I really don't like the way this was handled.

Pulling 30 footers is trying hard? Not contesting jumpshots is trying hard? He tried hard when the ball was in his hands, I'll give him that, but that's it.

+ 1

I have no remorse over losing crawful. He played the game the wrong way. Selfish, poor shot selection, poor defense, and a bad attitude. We lost nothing from this trade. We didnt gain anything which is what bothers me.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,306

Post#289 » by nate33 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:09 pm

McGully Culkin wrote:I just came across this...I still dont think we got good value for JC, but now I understand WHY the trade was made. There was obviously more going on behind the scenes that we knew about.

Thanks for posting this. It explains a lot.

It's about time somebody in the media start telling us what's going on in the locker room. If Crawford was going out of his way to undermine Beal, then I can understand why they would view dumping Crawford as addition by subtraction.
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,885

Post#290 » by TGW » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:19 pm

So Crawford was undermining Beal.

Well that's all I need. Good riddance.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
Zonkerbl
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,182

Post#291 » by Zonkerbl » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:21 pm

I wonder if Wall and Beal approached EG together and begged him to get rid of Crawford? Wall was rumored to have had a say in Blatche's departure, maybe he did something similar with Craw (if he did).
I've been taught all my life to value service to the weak and powerless.
Nivek
Head Coach
And1: 959

Post#292 » by Nivek » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:32 pm

TGW: Love the sig.
"A lot of what we call talent is the desire to practice."
-- Malcolm Gladwell

Check out my blog about the Wizards, movies, writing, music, TV, sports, and whatever else comes to mind.
Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,091

Post#293 » by Dat2U » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:33 pm

I'm still a fan of this team... for the moment. When I saw this deal, I openly laughed. I laughed at the thought of the reactions on here. This organization makes me laugh. Not in a funny haha type of way, but in laughing away the pain type of way.
jivelikenice
Analyst
And1: 145

Post#294 » by jivelikenice » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:01 pm

nate33 wrote:
McGully Culkin wrote:I just came across this...I still dont think we got good value for JC, but now I understand WHY the trade was made. There was obviously more going on behind the scenes that we knew about.

It's about time somebody in the media start telling us what's going on in the locker room. If Crawford was going out of his way to undermine Beal, then I can understand why they would view dumping Crawford as addition by subtraction.

Since Nene called him out, its been painfully obvious that something was wrong, but you never hear anything from Michael Lee or the Post unfortunately. Hopefully this puts the depression over losing Crawford to rest.
McGully Culkin
Sophomore
And1: 19

Post#295 » by McGully Culkin » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:12 pm

jivelikenice wrote:
nate33 wrote:

Since Nene called him out, its been painfully obvious that something was wrong, but you never hear anything from Michael Lee or the Post unfortunately. Hopefully this puts the depression over losing Crawford to rest.

Ahh....so it was Crawford who Nene was referencing when he said "certain players not appreciating the game." Interesting.

Also, why don't we hear reports of this nature from Michael Lee?
RustyMagoo
Senior
And1: 84

Post#296 » by RustyMagoo » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:14 pm

So its a good trade because Craw knows the organization is garbage and doesn't mind saying so?

Just another scapegoat for Ernie.
Knighthonor
Sixth Man
And1: 98

Post#297 » by Knighthonor » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:32 pm

RustyMagoo wrote:So its a good trade because Craw knows the organization is garbage and doesn't mind saying so?

Pret much this. That article is bull ****. Blatche is telling the same story as Crawford. There has to be some truth. The Wizard's staff throws anybody under the buss to save their sorry asses.
Nivek
Head Coach
And1: 959

Post#298 » by Nivek » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:33 pm

It is not possible to bolster the credibility of Crawford (or anyone else) by saying that Blatche is telling the same story.
"A lot of what we call talent is the desire to practice."
-- Malcolm Gladwell

Check out my blog about the Wizards, movies, writing, music, TV, sports, and whatever else comes to mind.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,306

Post#299 » by nate33 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:39 pm

Knighthonor wrote:
RustyMagoo wrote:So its a good trade because Craw knows the organization is garbage and doesn't mind saying so?

Pret much this. That article is bull ****. Blatche is telling the same story as Crawford. There has to be some truth. The Wizard's staff throws anybody under the buss to save their sorry asses.

Who's asses are being saved by trading Crawford?

Obviously there is a reason that they want Crawford gone so badly that they didn't even need anything in return for the trade. You can complain all you want about the timing of the trade and general ineptitude of management in executing the trade, but there's no reason to doubt the story that Crawford's attitude was so bad that a trade was necessary.
GhostsOfGil
General Manager
And1: 899

Post#300 » by GhostsOfGil » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:50 pm

Nivek wrote:TGW: Love the sig.

I made that. Saw that quote and had to make a sig of it. :lol:

Return to Washington Wizards