Glen Rice Jr.

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Re: Glen Rice Jr. 

Post#701 » by Ruzious » Fri Jan 9, 2015 4:16 pm

Severn Hoos wrote:Hey Ruz, leave the politics in the Politics Thread!

I was going to do religion. "That's about as subtle as... a Jehovah's Witness on your door stoop."

But I didn't want to risk offending anyone. :)
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#702 » by hands11 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:04 pm

Dark Faze wrote:I liked Glen but he definitely had some Jordan Crawford in him. He's not as good of a shooter as he thinks he is. His most promising attributes I think are his ability to attack the basket and play some D. There are some really bad teams that should give him the opportunity to grow his game.

The All SWAG AS's

BIg Balls Crawford
Drive By Rice - works for the car and the court
Swaggy P

The post game interviews would be classic.
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Post#703 » by FAH1223 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:02 pm

[tweet]https://twitter.com/nbadleague/status/554675677862330368[/tweet]
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,526

Post#704 » by closg00 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:54 pm

Back in the NBDL waiting for that call-up.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,992

Post#705 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:05 am

Meanwhile, Nate Wolters is back in the NBA.

:D

The New Orleans Pelicans are "zeroing in" on signing Nate Wolters on a 10-day contract.

Wolters cleared waivers after being released by the Milwaukee Bucks.

The Pelicans were previously considering Mike James and Gal Mekel before Wolters became available.

Read more at http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/23 ... Jj9kEq1.99

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Bye bye Beal.
closg00
RealGM

Post#706 » by closg00 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:59 am

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:Meanwhile, Nate Wolters is back in the NBA.

The New Orleans Pelicans are "zeroing in" on signing Nate Wolters on a 10-day contract.

The Pelicans were previously considering Mike James and Gal Mekel before Wolters became available.

Read more at http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/23 ... Jj9kEq1.99

Not surprised CCJ, Wolters was a 4th string PG and didn't really get a real shot, NOP were smart to to bring-in Wolter's for a look.
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#707 » by hands11 » Mon Feb 2, 2015 4:17 am

Glen goes for 34 for those interested in watching the game.

11-23 and 8-17 from 3.. Damn.. letting it fly from 3. and 7 assists.

But in 34 pts he managed a -3 +/-

They have it available online

And as a bonus, you get to see... Mike James.. the one and only.

http://dleague.nba.com/games/20150131/RGVTEX/" target="_blank

Can't say I was overly impressed by the style of play though. Also, Glen's looking a little out of shape. Interesting to hear the Houston team wanting them to shoot all 3s to see what they would look like. Doesn't look like he is learning anything down there.

NBA is eventually going to have to cap the number of 3s that count as 3 or the style of ball is going to go down hill. At least to my likely. Not interesting in seeing games with 30 3s or more taken a game.
RealGM

Post#708 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Mon Feb 2, 2015 5:16 am

He will play many years in the NBA if he stays out of legal trouble.

Rice has talent and just needs to check his ego.
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Post#709 » by FAH1223 » Mon Feb 2, 2015 6:03 am

hands11 wrote:Glen goes for 34 for those interested in watch the game.

http://dleague.nba.com/games/20150131/RGVTEX/" target="_blank

I'd ship Webster out and bring back Glen
closg00
RealGM

Post#710 » by closg00 » Mon Feb 2, 2015 1:00 pm

FAH1223 wrote:
hands11 wrote:Glen goes for 34 for those interested in watch the game.

http://dleague.nba.com/games/20150131/RGVTEX/" target="_blank" target="_blank

I'd ship Webster out and bring back Glen

Webster appears to be washed-up and done, look at how he his being "used", he should be a key player for us this season.
dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 15,971

Post#711 » by dckingsfan » Mon Feb 2, 2015 2:50 pm

I would find it shocking if there is a market for Webster... multiple back surgeries + he is unproductive at this time.
Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,091

Post#712 » by Dat2U » Mon Feb 2, 2015 3:08 pm

The market for Webster develops if you include a 1st round pick... otherwise I think were stuck with him for the forseeable future.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,306

Post#713 » by nate33 » Mon Feb 2, 2015 3:27 pm

I didn't mind the contract for Webster since there was an out clause in his 4th year if he couldn't stay healthy. I'm less happy with the contract knowing that we still need to pay $2.5M to buy out that 4th year. If the 4th year was fully unguaranteed, then it would effectively be an expiring contract next year.

There is still some hope though. Maybe he misses all the games he needs to miss this season, but then comes back next year looking more like his old self. Then we get the best of both worlds: an effective Webster with an unguaranteed deal.
RealGM

Post#714 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Mon Feb 2, 2015 9:16 pm

Dat2U wrote:The market for Webster develops if you include a 1st round pick... otherwise I think were stuck with him for the forseeable future.

Nobody seems to agree with me on this, but the obvious move is trade Webster, Seraphin, and a second round pick for Larry Sanders.

Seraphin is a net negative and a guy Wittman is too biased to see really hurts the team. Webster needs to go so Porter can play. Butler probably gets his swagger back the second Webster is traded, too. Sanders' contract is one that can easily be moved in the future provided the Wizards have some playoff success, which the would if they were smart enough to acquire Sanders.

As things are, the Wizards are probably going to sign Seraphin for multi-years, only to figure out right after they sign him that the guy is not good. Webster is an injury waiting to happen. Sanders can do things neither Gortat nor Nene can do and all he would do is play much better with John Wall and this Wizards cast around him.
Bye bye Beal.
closg00
RealGM

Post#715 » by closg00 » Mon Feb 2, 2015 9:24 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:
Dat2U wrote:The market for Webster develops if you include a 1st round pick... otherwise I think were stuck with him for the forseeable future.

Nobody seems to agree with me on this, but the obvious move is trade Webster, Seraphin, and a second round pick for Larry Sanders.

Seraphin is a net negative and a guy Wittman is too biased to see really hurts the team. Webster needs to go so Porter can play. Butler probably gets his swagger back the second Webster is traded, too. Sanders' contract is one that can easily be moved in the future provided the Wizards have some playoff success, which the would if they were smart enough to acquire Sanders.

As things are, the Wizards are probably going to sign Seraphin for multi-years, only to figure out right after they sign him that the guy is not good. Webster is an injury waiting to happen. Sanders can do things neither Gortat nor Nene can do and all he would do is play much better with John Wall and this Wizards cast around him.

Eesh CCJ, you're selling Sanders cheap with that offer. Nobody wanted Webster when we bid against ourselves and gave him that 4-year deal. We tried to trade him last year before he had back surgery and there were no takers. We would have to give-up a 1st rounder to have a shot at Sanders.
RealGM

Post#716 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Mon Feb 2, 2015 9:40 pm

I disagree, closg. Sanders IMO sounds like a real piece of work who the Bucks would practically give away if they could.

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/larry ... ing-rehab/" target="_blank" target="_blank

Contrary to a report, the market for Larry Sanders is virtually non-existent as he not only has been plagued by off-court issues — he is expected to enter a rehab facility this summer — but will be entering the first of a four-year, $44 million contract next season

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/bucks/bu ... 61341.html" target="_blank" target="_blank

The NBA suspended troubled Milwaukee Bucks center Larry Sanders for a minimum of 10 games without pay Friday for violating the terms of the NBA/NBPA anti-drug program.

Sanders' suspension will begin Monday when the Bucks host the Toronto Raptors and will continue until he is in full compliance with his treatment program. The earliest Sanders would be able to return is for the Bucks' Feb. 7 home game against Boston.

"We as a team and organization will continue to support Larry," Bucks general manager John Hammond said by phone Friday after the Bucks arrived back in Milwaukee from their trip to London.

Bucks coach Jason Kidd recently said of Sanders: "He's ours. He's part of the family."

Sanders, 26, has missed 11 straight games, four due to illness, according to the team, and the rest for personal reasons. The last game he played was Dec. 23 against Charlotte.

This is Sanders' second drug suspension in less than a year. He served a five-game suspension in April 2014 for testing positive for marijuana. That positive test was the third of Sanders' career, triggering the five-game suspension.

Under the drug testing policy established by the league and the players association, a fourth positive test for marijuana results in the 10-game suspension without pay. So it is reasonable to assume the penalty was for marijuana use.

Each subsequent positive test results in an additional five games, so a fifth marijuana violation would require a 15-game suspension. If a player tests positive for a drug of abuse such as amphetamines or cocaine, he will be immediately dismissed and disqualified from the league.

The NBA and NBPA have appointed a medical director and counselors to run the league's substance abuse program, but details of treatment are not made public.

Sanders has been enrolled in the program since his first positive test.

The 6-foot-11 center is in the first year of a four-year, $44 million contract extension he signed in the summer of 2013.

Last season, while still in the final season of his rookie-scale contract, he was limited to 23 games and underwent surgeries for two injuries, including a torn thumb ligament suffered in a bar fight. He also got into an altercation in the locker room with then-teammate Gary Neal after a game in Phoenix last January

When Sanders was suspended last year at the end of the season, he was apologetic about the suspension but also vigorously defended his marijuana use.

"I study it and I know the benefits it has," Sanders told the Journal Sentinel and NBA.com in that interview. "In a lot of ways we've been deprived. You can't really label it with so many other drugs that people can be addicted to and have so many negative effects on your body and your family and your relationships and impairment. This is not the same thing.

"The stigma is that it's illegal. I hate that. Once this becomes legal, this all will go away. But I understand for my work it's a banned substance. I will deal with the consequences and I apologize again to my fans for that."

The more I read about the guy the more I think I understand why people DO NOT WANT HIM. :nod:

He's the type of guy who will very likely NOT change. He's going to smoke weed and have outbursts. Yet, I still think there's room for him on this particular team IF he can still rebound and block shots.

Otherwise, I think he sounds like he needs to go smoke himself into oblivion.
Bye bye Beal.
closg00
RealGM

Post#717 » by closg00 » Mon Feb 2, 2015 9:56 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:I disagree, closg. Sanders IMO sounds like a real piece of work who the Bucks would practically give away if they could.

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/larry ... ing-rehab/" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank

Contrary to a report, the market for Larry Sanders is virtually non-existent as he not only has been plagued by off-court issues — he is expected to enter a rehab facility this summer — but will be entering the first of a four-year, $44 million contract next season

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/bucks/bu ... 61341.html" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank

The NBA suspended troubled Milwaukee Bucks center Larry Sanders for a minimum of 10 games without pay Friday for violating the terms of the NBA/NBPA anti-drug program.

Sanders' suspension will begin Monday when the Bucks host the Toronto Raptors and will continue until he is in full compliance with his treatment program. The earliest Sanders would be able to return is for the Bucks' Feb. 7 home game against Boston.

"We as a team and organization will continue to support Larry," Bucks general manager John Hammond said by phone Friday after the Bucks arrived back in Milwaukee from their trip to London.

Bucks coach Jason Kidd recently said of Sanders: "He's ours. He's part of the family."

Sanders, 26, has missed 11 straight games, four due to illness, according to the team, and the rest for personal reasons. The last game he played was Dec. 23 against Charlotte.

This is Sanders' second drug suspension in less than a year. He served a five-game suspension in April 2014 for testing positive for marijuana. That positive test was the third of Sanders' career, triggering the five-game suspension.

Under the drug testing policy established by the league and the players association, a fourth positive test for marijuana results in the 10-game suspension without pay. So it is reasonable to assume the penalty was for marijuana use.

Each subsequent positive test results in an additional five games, so a fifth marijuana violation would require a 15-game suspension. If a player tests positive for a drug of abuse such as amphetamines or cocaine, he will be immediately dismissed and disqualified from the league.

The NBA and NBPA have appointed a medical director and counselors to run the league's substance abuse program, but details of treatment are not made public.

Sanders has been enrolled in the program since his first positive test.

The 6-foot-11 center is in the first year of a four-year, $44 million contract extension he signed in the summer of 2013.

Last season, while still in the final season of his rookie-scale contract, he was limited to 23 games and underwent surgeries for two injuries, including a torn thumb ligament suffered in a bar fight. He also got into an altercation in the locker room with then-teammate Gary Neal after a game in Phoenix last January

When Sanders was suspended last year at the end of the season, he was apologetic about the suspension but also vigorously defended his marijuana use.

"I study it and I know the benefits it has," Sanders told the Journal Sentinel and NBA.com in that interview. "In a lot of ways we've been deprived. You can't really label it with so many other drugs that people can be addicted to and have so many negative effects on your body and your family and your relationships and impairment. This is not the same thing.

"The stigma is that it's illegal. I hate that. Once this becomes legal, this all will go away. But I understand for my work it's a banned substance. I will deal with the consequences and I apologize again to my fans for that."

The more I read about the guy the more I think I understand why people DO NOT WANT HIM. :nod:

He's the type of guy who will very likely NOT change. He's going to smoke weed and have outbursts. Yet, I still think there's room for him on this particular team IF he can still rebound and block shots.

Otherwise, I think he sounds like he needs to go smoke himself into oblivion.

Thank you for the context CCJ. The last thing I read about Sander was that he was going to work on cleaning himself up. A cleaned-up Sanders is a guy I might bet on if he can lick his demons. From your read, it doesn't appear likely that he will clean himself up.
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager
And1: 3,464

Post#718 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Mon Feb 2, 2015 11:46 pm

I would like to be the team after the next team he catches on with. With the next team, he'll blame the Bucks.

At some point, he'll need to own it.
In Rizzo we trust
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,885

Post#719 » by TGW » Tue Feb 3, 2015 5:10 pm

Read more at http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/23 ... Jj9kEq1.99" target="_blank

Sorry CCJ...Nate is going to be bagging groceries soon.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/23 ... te-Wolters" target="_blank
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager
And1: 3,464

Post#720 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Tue Feb 3, 2015 7:03 pm

TGW wrote:

Read more at http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/23 ... Jj9kEq1.99" target="_blank" target="_blank

Sorry CCJ...Nate is going to be bagging groceries soon.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/23 ... te-Wolters" target="_blank" target="_blank

Well, atleast (unlike Temple) he'll be able to hit the broad side of a grocery bag. And, unlike F@rt, he'll get the groceries to the register before they fall out of the cart. And, unlike Miller, he'll get those sundry goods into the bag before the store closes.
In Rizzo we trust

Return to Washington Wizards