ImageImageImageImageImage

The Kevin Durant To Washington Thread (Part 1)

Moderators: nate33, montestewart, LyricalRico

Jay81
Starter
And1: 473

Re: The Kevin Durant To Washington Thread 

Post#1141 » by Jay81 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:52 pm

it feels like he is already a wizard
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,961

Post#1142 » by FAH1223 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:44 pm

It would be #SoWizards for us to sign him next year and he never returns to MVP form.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#1143 » by Ruzious » Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:20 pm

Hypothetically, if OKC does somehow win it all without Durant, does that help or hurt our chances to get Durant? Does Durant take it as meaning OKC doesn't need him? Or does OKC take it as meaning they don't need to spend 27 mil a year on Durant - and would be better served by making sure they can re-sign Kanter and Ibaka?
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Collamore
Ballboy
And1: 3

Post#1144 » by Collamore » Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:56 pm

Durant is going to be fine. Just look to how strongly Chris Singleton came back from his jones fracture for inspiration
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 780

Post#1145 » by LyricalRico » Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:14 am

Collamore wrote:Durant is going to be fine. Just look to how strongly Chris Singleton came back from his jones fracture for inspiration

Exactly. Time to start the "Kevin Love To Washington" thread.
thricethefun
Junior
And1: 46

Post#1146 » by thricethefun » Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:52 am

Really a shame that the Thunder might have ruined KD's career by rushing him back from injuries like they've done.
Pitbull
Pro Prospect
And1: 16

Post#1147 » by Pitbull » Wed Apr 1, 2015 3:55 am

hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#1148 » by hands11 » Wed Apr 1, 2015 4:14 am

thricethefun wrote:Really a shame that the Thunder might have ruined KD's career by rushing him back from injuries like they've done.

They didn't rush him back. KD was involved as were his doctors.

He just so happen to he like 10 percent or less who's body didn't take to the screen they implanted.

Nothing has happened without KD being involved in this.

Actually, OKC shutting him down is them looking out for KD.

OKC has down well to accumulate talent for his return. And Westbrook having this time on his own might actually be good for them in the long run. He is maturing as a PG. Learning when to go and when to pass. And he is getting some of this lead dog out of his system. When KD returns, they might be better then ever.
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#1149 » by hands11 » Wed Apr 1, 2015 4:16 am

Ruzious wrote:Hypothetically, if OKC does somehow win it all without Durant, does that help or hurt our chances to get Durant? Does Durant take it as meaning OKC doesn't need him? Or does OKC take it as meaning they don't need to spend 27 mil a year on Durant - and would be better served by making sure they can re-sign Kanter and Ibaka?

They get him one more year either way so they have time to see.

But I have thought about what you wrote a lot. There might come a time that trading him makes most sense for them. But it would also be crazy. How often do you find a KD ?

Get ready for a Webber type deal if they do.

Would you do it ? Give up Nene and a ton of first ?

I think most would say yes but its way better for us if we get him in FA. The beauty of LeBron to MIA and CLE was what it goes those teams. We want KD that way if he comes.

But this shouldn't be the only deal they are monitoring. And I doubt it is. Gotta look at Milsap, LMA and Love. Though Love scares me. Specially with his injury history.
dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 15,848

Post#1150 » by dckingsfan » Wed Apr 1, 2015 3:08 pm

Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,062

Post#1151 » by Dat2U » Wed Apr 1, 2015 3:38 pm

I'm back to where I was at the beginning of this thread. He's not coming here, especially as inept & clueless as our front office is. ESPN & media types may not trash Ernie yet but I bet you other front offices & agents snicker when Ernie's name gets mentioned. Anyone working closely with Durant is going to be in his ear, 'you can potentially win a ring in OKC, you can potentially win a ring somewhere else, but your not winning anything in DC with Ernie Grunfeld guiding the way'.
queridiculo
RealGM
And1: 9,036

Post#1152 » by queridiculo » Wed Apr 1, 2015 4:07 pm

In 2016/17 the Wizards will be closer to a rebuild than championship contention, he'd be a fool to sign with the Washington Wizards.
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,961

Post#1153 » by FAH1223 » Wed Apr 1, 2015 4:28 pm

Dat2U wrote:I'm back to where I was at the beginning of this thread. He's not coming here, especially as inept & clueless as our front office is. ESPN & media types may not trash Ernie yet but I bet you other front offices & agents snicker when Ernie's name gets mentioned. Anyone working closely with Durant is going to be in his ear, 'you can potentially win a ring in OKC, you can potentially win a ring somewhere else, but your not winning anything in DC with Ernie Grunfeld guiding the way'.

This is why CCJ has been lobbying hard for Troy Weaver to take Ernie's job. :D

But Ernie will never be fired... never.
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,855

Post#1154 » by payitforward » Wed Apr 1, 2015 4:31 pm

Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
Higga
Lead Assistant
And1: 831

Post#1155 » by Higga » Wed Apr 1, 2015 5:19 pm

He's not leaving OKC. It was pretty unlikely he was coming here anyway, especially with Grunfeld as GM(guy has no foresight or ability to think outside the box like say Pat Riley).

Time to come up with a Plan B. Any way we could trade for Demarcus Cousins?
Eric Maynor is the worst basketball player I've ever seen.
Dark Faze
Head Coach
And1: 2,006

Post#1156 » by Dark Faze » Wed Apr 1, 2015 5:35 pm

Calipari and DMC2DC is the new dream
Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,062

Post#1157 » by Dat2U » Wed Apr 1, 2015 5:54 pm

Higga wrote:He's not leaving OKC. It was pretty unlikely he was coming here anyway, especially with Grunfeld as GM(guy has no foresight or ability to think outside the box like say Pat Riley).

Time to come up with a Plan B. Any way we could trade for Demarcus Cousins?

DeMarcus may very well be available. He's not happy and Sacramento doesn't have a clue of what their doing.

Problem is we have very little in terms of assets. I doubt we are willing to sacrifice Beal to make that trade. Ernie typically overvalues his own players until they have little to no value. The time will come when were ready to trade Beal will be the time he's available for ten cents on the dollar.

Had we drafted Noel instead of Porter, we'd be in much better position to make a move but that's all moot.

Porter isn't worth much. Guys who barely average 5 ppg but make approx $5 mil don't have a ton of value.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,082

Post#1158 » by nate33 » Wed Apr 1, 2015 10:08 pm

Yup. I'm getting pretty resigned to the fact that we're just going to be a 42-48 win team for the next couple of years. Then Wall will be a free agent and it'll all be over. Oh well. I guess 45-win seasons and a couple of 2nd round playoff births are better than perennial losing.

The only real hope is if we somehow draft or trade for a Draymond Green type of defensive stretch four who gives us dramatically better spacing and revitalizes the offense. And we also need one of Beal or Porter to really step up and becomes a borderline all star caliber player. Both events are extremely unlikely with the current scouting department and coaching staff.
DMVleGeND
Sixth Man
And1: 194

Post#1159 » by DMVleGeND » Thu Apr 2, 2015 2:16 am

I still think KD leaves OKC in 2016 if they fail to win a ring. I think he was just stating the best case scenario. He said that he would love to stick with one team his entire career, but he DIDN'T say that he would.

Now whether or not he comes here is a different story...
Formerly known as 7-day Dray
verbal8
General Manager
And1: 1,363

Post#1160 » by verbal8 » Thu Apr 2, 2015 2:37 am

DMVleGeND wrote:I still think KD leaves OKC in 2016 if they fail to win a ring. I think he was just stating the best case scenario. He said that he would love to stick with one team his entire career, but he DIDN'T say that he would.

Now whether or not he comes here is a different story...

2 of the 3 examples were close to leaving their teams at one point or other during their careers. Wasn't there a possibility of Duncan going to Orlando? Kobe considered playing for the Clippers are one point.

Return to Washington Wizards