ImageImageImageImageImage

Bradley Beal - Part II

Moderators: nate33, montestewart, LyricalRico

keynote
General Manager
And1: 2,587

Re: Bradley Beal - Part II 

Post#901 » by keynote » Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:24 pm

Beal is looking fit in this vine posted by the Wizards. Does he look like he put on some muscle, or is it just me?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using RealGM Forums mobile app
Always remember, my friend: the world will change again. And you may have to come back through everywhere you've been.
dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 15,845

Post#902 » by dckingsfan » Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:55 pm

Why is he shooting 2 point shots!?
dckingsfan
RealGM

Post#903 » by dckingsfan » Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:59 pm

Also, ESPN is hilarious - I know the season hasn't started but we waived Ely and Rice played all of his minutes last year at SG.

http://espn.go.com/nba/team/depth/_/nam ... on-wizards
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,069

Post#904 » by nate33 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:20 pm

His arms look huge (and long too). It's like he's got two human legs hanging off his shoulders.
keynote
General Manager
And1: 2,587

Post#905 » by keynote » Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:34 pm

dckingsfan wrote:Also, ESPN is hilarious - I know the season hasn't started but...Rice played all of his minutes last year at SG.

http://espn.go.com/nba/team/depth/_/nam ... on-wizards

True, but that was before Rice bulked up to 252 lbs (which I still think was a typo). ;)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using RealGM Forums mobile app
Always remember, my friend: the world will change again. And you may have to come back through everywhere you've been.
BruceO
Sixth Man
And1: 311

Post#906 » by BruceO » Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:58 pm

for his age, I've always thought beal to be ridiculously strong and built. I can't think of anyone at the SG position who was like him recently.
no question he can be elite, he's proven to be a better distance shooter than jordan, kobe, wade, harden and possibly ray allen and projecting to improve. He seems stronger than ray ever was and any of those other guys except perhaps wade was more explosive and the other guys possibly more athletic.

I think the thing that will finally get him on those guys tiers is ball handling leading into slashing and play making ability leading into higher ppg. Also wish he was a little bit taller ( wish i was a baller, wish I had had a girl who looked good I'd call her) but he's in the wade, harden, and ray allen height range.

another thing I like is he's coming up with defense on his mind which projects him to be better than harden and ray allen. So overall I'm placing his career below the jordan, kobe, wade tier and about or above the harden and ray allen tier
Sluggerface
Bench Warmer
And1: 510

Post#907 » by Sluggerface » Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:13 pm

BruceO wrote:for his age, I've always thought beal to be ridiculously strong and built. I can't think of anyone at the SG position who was like him recently.
no question he can be elite, he's proven to be a better distance shooter than jordan, kobe, wade, harden and possibly ray allen and projecting to improve. He seems stronger than ray ever was and any of those other guys except perhaps wade was more explosive and the other guys possibly more athletic.

I think the thing that will finally get him on those guys tiers is ball handling leading into slashing and play making ability leading into higher ppg. Also wish he was a little bit taller ( wish i was a baller, wish I had had a girl who looked good I'd call her) but he's in the wade, harden, and ray allen height range.

another thing I like is he's coming up with defense on his mind which projects him to be better than harden and ray allen. So overall I'm placing his career below the jordan, kobe, wade tier and about or above the harden and ray allen tier

His play in the playoffs reminded me of Brandon Roy. If he approaches anything near Roy's numbers i'd be ecstatic.
Illmatic12
RealGM
And1: 8,459

Post#908 » by Illmatic12 » Wed Oct 8, 2014 11:10 am

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZALbtxb5jA[/youtube]
Illmatic12
RealGM
And1: 8,459

Post#909 » by Illmatic12 » Wed Oct 8, 2014 11:12 am

hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#910 » by hands11 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:52 pm

Illmatic12 wrote:[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZALbtxb5jA[/youtube]

Great video

Sucks he won't be starting the year.

You could just a easily see.

Wall/Miller
Temple/Rice
Pierce/Porter
Gooden/Pierce
Gortat/Seraphin
doclinkin
RealGM
And1: 5,271

Post#911 » by doclinkin » Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:28 am

Illmatic12 wrote:[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZALbtxb5jA[/youtube]

That's David Adkins training him. KD's skills coach in high school, and credited by both Greivis Vasquez, Victor Oladipo and Alex Len for helping build their bodies and games for the NBA. One quote:
"We used to lift weight or do basketball work, and coach Adkins would make me sit in front of a mirror," Oladipo said Wednesday. "Because my elbow used to be out and he basically changed my whole basketball form. My form was horrendous before then and he basically changed it. We kept my elbow in. ... Without (him) I wouldn’t have the work ethic I have, but without him, I wouldn’t be the basketball player that I am today."

All of it thanks to those early morning sessions in front of a mirror at DeMatha.

"I credit (Adkins) for just staying with me and working with me," Oladipo said. "Even when it seemed like he had no business doing it'
doclinkin
RealGM
And1: 5,271

Post#912 » by doclinkin » Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:43 am

Love that Porter, Beal, Wall and Rice are in his hands. Seraphin too. Reading deeper into player quotes on him, he seems to have a knack for isolating the area a player most needs to focus on to make major improvements first.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tk8tsU2rees[/youtube]
hands11
Banned User

Post#913 » by hands11 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:10 am

doclinkin wrote:Love that Porter, Beal, Wall and Rice are in his hands. Seraphin too. Reading deeper into player quotes on him, he seems to have a knack for isolating the area a player most needs to focus on to make major improvements first.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tk8tsU2rees[/youtube]

Great video

thanks for posting it.

Its important to know our coaches so we get a peak at what goes on behind closed doors.

Looks like we got us a good one to work on fundamentals.
dckingsfan
RealGM

Post#914 » by dckingsfan » Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:07 pm

OK, so does this mean that Rice will start?
hands11
Banned User

Post#915 » by hands11 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:08 pm

dckingsfan wrote:OK, so does this mean that Rice will start?

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/gamelog/_ ... en-rice-jr

I really hope GRJ can get it going. He has some potential. That said, he hasn't sold me that he can carry anything more then spot defensive minutes. I'm still not sold he has the mind to pull it off.

I suspected most of what he did in summer league wasn't going to easily translate and so far it hasn't. In summer league, he was a #1 scoring option. Thats totally different then his role in the NBA on this team.

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/gamelog/_ ... vier-silas

I would be less shocked to see Silas carve out a role.

And at some point this preseason, I want to see Temple sitting in the corner letting it fly. Beating Bradly in 3 point contests during practice is one thing. Lets see him take some shots in a real game.

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/gamelog/_ ... ett-temple

One 3 ball isn't getting it done. Otto Sr needs to let it go. He play to safe. He needs to start playing like he is on an NBA roster.

And all that said, we need HELP because none of these guys has a clear shot to get it done.

Draft picks like Jordan Clarkson, Russ Smith or a trade like Webster for Chase Budinger, or holding out hope for Ray Allen. Give us something.

I don't like that we are going into the season with Temple and Glen Rice at guard when we need help there.
dckingsfan
RealGM

Post#916 » by dckingsfan » Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:19 pm

How many games does it cost us to have Temple/Rice as our guards to start the season?

Hmmm, might be a good question...
MarcoPolo
Rookie
And1: 183

Post#917 » by MarcoPolo » Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:50 pm

Beal back in training. Fingers crossed Bradley! :nod: Soft cast has been removed.

dlts20
RealGM
And1: 6,194

Post#918 » by dlts20 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:54 pm

elol..... i went 8 pages back to find this thread and post the same thing
dlts20
RealGM
And1: 6,194

Post#919 » by dlts20 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:56 pm

cant tell from the pic if thats a regular J or just a one hand and he's not using the left
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,869

Post#920 » by TGW » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:39 pm

They need him back soon. Only so long we can feed on Eastern Conference dreck.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.

Return to Washington Wizards