Something Positive To Reflect On

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

milellie111
Pro Prospect
And1: 245

Re: Something Positive To Reflect On 

Post#21 » by milellie111 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:19 pm

dckingsfan wrote:
milellie111 wrote:Sad, thread with positivity gets started highlighting a reason for optimisim and there's only 3 replies, however there are plenty of negative threads with debbie downers that read like books. All for a team who is currently 6th in the east and only 1 1/2 games out of third place.

Your posts make me pessimistic - false praise is a recipe for disaster and a reason for Ted to sit on his hands and do nothing. Fortunately you are reflective of only 10% of fans - which makes me optimistic.

False praise? We have beaten the Nets twice. Pistons twice. Bulls twice. Knicks twice. We've beat the Heat, Hawks and 76ers. We are 1 game out of 3rd place. Where am I way off base or giving "false praise"? And by the way, we just beat one of the best teams in the NBA on their homecourt last night.
TGW = Troll Gone Wild
dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 16,003

Post#22 » by dckingsfan » Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:55 pm

milellie111 wrote:
dckingsfan wrote:
milellie111 wrote:Sad, thread with positivity gets started highlighting a reason for optimisim and there's only 3 replies, however there are plenty of negative threads with debbie downers that read like books. All for a team who is currently 6th in the east and only 1 1/2 games out of third place.

Your posts make me pessimistic - false praise is a recipe for disaster and a reason for Ted to sit on his hands and do nothing. Fortunately you are reflective of only 10% of fans - which makes me optimistic.

False praise? We have beaten the Nets twice. Pistons twice. Bulls twice. Knicks twice. We've beat the Heat, Hawks and 76ers. We are 1 game out of 3rd place. Where am I way off base or giving "false praise"? And by the way, we just beat one of the best teams in the NBA on their homecourt last night.

Happy you asked. We are at .500 in the very weak east. It is not individual games that are the key but the whole of the season. I could make the same arguments for virtually every team in the east. The Knicks have a 3 game winning streak and are only a 1/2 game out of the last spot in the east - also something positive to reflect on.
milellie111
Pro Prospect

Post#23 » by milellie111 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:37 pm

Positive: Drew Gooden signed of the "street" averaging 12.1 ppg and 6.4 rpb. Can most likely be resigned for a bargain.
TGW = Troll Gone Wild
dckingsfan
RealGM

Post#24 » by dckingsfan » Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:55 pm

Another positive: Wittman is getting the most from this team. millie can you give us some positive stats on Wittman?
milellie111
Pro Prospect

Post#25 » by milellie111 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:06 pm

dckingsfan wrote:Another positive: Wittman is getting the most from this team. millie can you give us some positive stats on Wittman?

Jason Reid:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/wizards/jason-reid-is-coach-randy-wittman-the-guy-to-lead-wizards-to-the-next-level/2014/03/05/46fc6e32-a4ce-11e3-a5fa-55f0c77bf39c_story.html

"When Wittman was an assistant on the staff of former coach Flip Saunders, the Wizards were among the least disciplined teams in the league. These days, the Wizards are a model of professionalism."

"Wittman has treated them with respect and put them in position to succeed. Foremost, players want coaches to be consistent. With the team’s top players, Wittman is Mr. Consistency.
Wittman has persuaded everyone in the locker room to buy into what the Wizards are doing."

"Judging by the undertones of his playoffs-or-else comments, Leonsis is convinced that the Wizards still have room to grow. Wittman deserves at least some of the credit for how far they’ve already come."
TGW = Troll Gone Wild
gtn130
Analyst
And1: 2,740

Post#26 » by gtn130 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:29 pm

milellie111 wrote:
Jason Reid:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/wizards/jason-reid-is-coach-randy-wittman-the-guy-to-lead-wizards-to-the-next-level/2014/03/05/46fc6e32-a4ce-11e3-a5fa-55f0c77bf39c_story.html

"When Wittman was an assistant on the staff of former coach Flip Saunders, the Wizards were among the least disciplined teams in the league. These days, the Wizards are a model of professionalism."

"Wittman has treated them with respect and put them in position to succeed. Foremost, players want coaches to be consistent. With the team’s top players, Wittman is Mr. Consistency.
Wittman has persuaded everyone in the locker room to buy into what the Wizards are doing."

Yeah, I'm sure Blatche, McGee, Young and Crawford no longer being on the team has nothing to do with it :roll:
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,527

Post#27 » by closg00 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:49 pm

Ernie and Randy are in the final year of their contract. Let us positively reflect upon that hoping that they will move-on to something else far- away from the Wizards.
dckingsfan
RealGM

Post#28 » by dckingsfan » Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:52 pm

milellie111 wrote:
dckingsfan wrote:Another positive: Wittman is getting the most from this team. millie can you give us some positive stats on Wittman?

Jason Reid:

"Judging by the undertones of his playoffs-or-else comments, Leonsis is convinced that the Wizards still have room to grow. Wittman deserves at least some of the credit for how far they’ve already come."

Perfect, thank you millie...
MikeTheKid
Head Coach
And1: 4,219

Post#29 » by MikeTheKid » Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:53 pm

Heres a stat, I hope Wittman and EG take jobs elsewhere so Ted has no choice but to hire someone else
MikeTheKid
Head Coach
And1: 4,219

Post#30 » by MikeTheKid » Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:57 pm

milellie111 wrote:

Jason Reid:

You really like the Post Columnist who always kiss up to Monumental.
queridiculo
RealGM
And1: 9,054

Post#31 » by queridiculo » Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:11 pm

The Post's coverage of the Wizards is a disgrace, what else is new.
milellie111
Pro Prospect

Post#32 » by milellie111 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:57 pm

MikeTheKid wrote:
milellie111 wrote:

Jason Reid:

You really like the Post Columnist who always kiss up to Monumental.

Reid writes good unbiased objective pieces and he understands the business and the sport.
TGW = Troll Gone Wild
milellie111
Pro Prospect

Post#33 » by milellie111 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:58 pm

queridiculo wrote:The Post's coverage of the Wizards is a disgrace, what else is new.

This post is pure conjecture.
TGW = Troll Gone Wild
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 780

Post#34 » by LyricalRico » Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:59 pm

milellie111 wrote:
queridiculo wrote:The Post's coverage of the Wizards is a disgrace, what else is new.

I think there's been enough about the Wiz in the Post for folks to form an opinion.

I know I've said for a while that the DC media in general (print, radio, etc) doesn't really know much about Wizards basketball. Irrespective of the opinion the person takes, the analysis just isn't that great most of the time IMO. I recall Laron Profit being a temporary breath of fresh air, but I don't read much local media about the Wizards.

Heck, that's why most of us come here! :D

That being said, I think many here could stand to be more positive and articles that acknowledge that the team is making progress are certainly welcome.
milellie111
Pro Prospect

Post#35 » by milellie111 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:31 pm

LyricalRico wrote:
milellie111 wrote:

I think there's been enough about the Wiz in the Post for folks to form an opinion.

I know I've said for a while that the DC media in general (print, radio, etc) doesn't really know much about Wizards basketball. Irrespective of the opinion the person takes, the analysis just isn't that great most of the time IMO. I recall Laron Profit being a temporary breath of fresh air, but I don't read much local media about the Wizards.

That being said, I think many here could stand to be more positive and articles that acknowledge that the team is making progress are certainly welcome.

I can respect that
TGW = Troll Gone Wild
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,704

Post#36 » by montestewart » Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:06 am

LyricalRico wrote:
milellie111 wrote:

I wish they'd do more in depth looks at individual players or facets of the team (defense, pnr, etc), rather than the usual round ups. But I don't mind positive spins if they sound knowledgable.
WallToWall
Veteran
And1: 937

Post#37 » by WallToWall » Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:09 am

Old answer: 2008-09 season.
Question: when was the last time we had a 20pt/game scorer?
New answer: John Wall, this year.

Old answer: 2008-09 season
Question: when was the last time we have a player average over 8.5 assists/game?
New answer: John Wall, this year.

Its been 5 years since we've had a player who has been able to put up very solid (dare I say very good) numbers. Just sayin'... we should be cheering a bit more...
I am not a EG or Whit fan anymore, but I am no longer let that cloud my judgement of a player who is doing all he can to carry the team.
You go, Wall! I'm jumping on your back, man.

Return to Washington Wizards