ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Thread -- Wizards vs Pacers (3/28/14)

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

Who will prevail??

Representing the most powerful city in the world....
25%
Indy
75%

Total votes: 12

Nivek
Head Coach
And1: 959

Re: Official Thread -- Wizards vs Pacers (3/28/14) 

Post#221 » by Nivek » Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:12 pm

DANNYLANDOVER wrote:I absolutely like the passion the guys showed out there + defensive intensity! I honestly did not think Gortat could throw down like that. Makes me even more annoyed at the weak layups that he has been throwing up all season, that usually get blocked.

When I last looked (maybe 10 days ago) Gortat was top 5 in the league in at-rim FG%. If I recall correctly the only guys better were Lebron and Durant.
"A lot of what we call talent is the desire to practice."
-- Malcolm Gladwell

Check out my blog about the Wizards, movies, writing, music, TV, sports, and whatever else comes to mind.
TheKingOfVa360
General Manager
And1: 1,663

Post#222 » by TheKingOfVa360 » Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:55 pm

Great win, Gortat and Wall were beast! I hate to be negative but I don't recall the last good game Beal has played. It's amazing we are making a playoff push with one number 3 overall pick turning into a chucker and the other 3rd overall pick not playing at all.
DANNYLANDOVER
Veteran
And1: 438

Post#223 » by DANNYLANDOVER » Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:02 pm

Nivek wrote:
DANNYLANDOVER wrote:I absolutely like the passion the guys showed out there + defensive intensity! I honestly did not think Gortat could throw down like that. Makes me even more annoyed at the weak layups that he has been throwing up all season, that usually get blocked.

When I last looked (maybe 10 days ago) Gortat was top 5 in the league in at-rim FG%. If I recall correctly the only guys better were Lebron and Durant.

True, but I have watched EVERY game this season and he could shoot a much higher percentage if he dunked the ball more often. I mean we lost the game against the Nuggets because Randy Foye blocked him right under the rim, late in the game.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,704

Post#224 » by montestewart » Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:00 pm

Kanyewest wrote:
montestewart wrote:Winning is good. Beating Pacers is better. So much for my 13 game losing streak.

Did Ariza score all his points in the 3rd quarter? His line looks pretty bad.

Yup. At least he contributed in other ways (5 rebounds, 4 assists, and 0 turnovers plus good defense).

He had a good game otherwise, but I guess I was just remembering his 3rd quarter scoring and blocking out his misses.
Nivek
Head Coach
And1: 959

Post#225 » by Nivek » Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:19 pm

DANNYLANDOVER wrote:
Nivek wrote:

True, but I have watched EVERY game this season and he could shoot a much higher percentage if he dunked the ball more often. I mean we lost the game against the Nuggets because Randy Foye blocked him right under the rim, late in the game.

Realistically speaking, if he's top three in the league, he's not going to shoot a much higher percentage. He's probably close to the reasonable limit for what can be done in the NBA. Getting blocked by Foye late in a game might be memorable, but it's hardly the norm for Gortat.

This season, Gortat has gotten about 8% of his at-rim FGA blocked -- about the same as Lebron, Durant, Hibbert, Blake Griffin (all at 7%). Andre Drummond is at 9%. Dwight Howard and Tim Duncan: 13%.
"A lot of what we call talent is the desire to practice."
-- Malcolm Gladwell

Check out my blog about the Wizards, movies, writing, music, TV, sports, and whatever else comes to mind.

Return to Washington Wizards