ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Thread - Wizard vs Heat (4/14/14)

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

Who will prevail?

Representing the most powerful city in the world....
100%
The world center for hov-R-rounds
No votes

Total votes: 8

dlts20
RealGM
And1: 6,194

Re: Official Thread - Wizard vs Heat (4/14/14) 

Post#141 » by dlts20 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:02 am

this isnt the old days. Rest is overrated. The playoffs are so spaced out now that you dont really need much rest. Only guy on our team who I think may need some rest is Wall but still there is no excuses. I rather it be that our guys have to play and beat Boston while going into the playoffs on a 4 game win streak. Most of all Id like to see Wall get his scoring confidence back before the 1st round starts instead of hoping he comes through on the fly
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager
And1: 3,464

Post#142 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:06 am

What the fast happened to the Hawks in the fourth.

Was ready with my woohoo we're sixth seed victory cigar.
In Rizzo we trust
dlts20
RealGM

Post#143 » by dlts20 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:08 am

doesnt feel like it all the way but we are 7-3 in our last 10 games and just won 3 straight games by double figures although against bad teams. Still has to bode well for confidence. Again though, just doesnt seem special with Wall losing his scoring touch at the same time
Illmatic21
Inactive user
Inactive user
And1: 554

Post#144 » by Illmatic21 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:08 am

miller31time wrote:
Illmatic21 wrote:Damn. Oh well, I'm really not worried about losing to Boston.. I don't know if anyone caught the end of their game vs PHI but they're tanking hard :lol:

That doesn't usually bode well for the Wizards.

Worked out fine last time we played them. Yeah there was that awful loss early in the season, but bad teams have a lot more morale at the beginning of the season than the end.

I'm really not worried. Since we crossed the .500 mark for good, we've been taking care of bad teams for the most part.
dlts20
RealGM

Post#145 » by dlts20 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:10 am

long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:What the fast happened to the Hawks in the fourth.

Was ready with my woohoo we're sixth seed victory cigar.

what happened is it seems as though Teague only played the 1st and 3rd quarters. I think they win if he played the 4th but couldnt sustain without him and the other guys they rested
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager
And1: 3,464

Post#146 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:13 am

Oh well... With as badly as the Heat rolled over tonight, I guess it's Karma
In Rizzo we trust
doclinkin
RealGM
And1: 5,345

Post#147 » by doclinkin » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:30 am

Me I want MIami. Feel like we match up well with their few weaknesses. Our PG and interior size are a mismatch in our favor, and LeBron is great but Ariza can make him work harder. Plus I like the high profile and spotlight if we acquit ourselves well, win or lose it could be a fun series.
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,350

Post#148 » by Kanyewest » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:49 am

queridiculo wrote:What's obvious is that even with two of their best players out, they're a better basketball team.

Nope.
dlts20
RealGM

Post#149 » by dlts20 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:55 am

doclinkin wrote:Me I want MIami. Feel like we match up well with their few weaknesses. Our PG and interior size are a mismatch in our favor, and LeBron is great but Ariza can make him work harder. Plus I like the high profile and spotlight if we acquit ourselves well, win or lose it could be a fun series.

so what do you mean? you want them now in round 1 or you just like them being on our side of the bracket so we face them in round 2?
MikeTheKid
Head Coach
And1: 4,215

Post#150 » by MikeTheKid » Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:19 am

Just got home from the game and just saw that the lolcats came back and won. So is it win the last game and were 6th???

Sent from my SCH-I535 using RealGM Forums mobile app
jeffsays
Rookie
And1: 150

Post#151 » by jeffsays » Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:26 am

MikeTheKid wrote:Just got home from the game and just saw that the lolcats came back and won. So is it win the last game and were 6th???

Sent from my SCH-I535 using RealGM Forums mobile app

Yep, still a game ahead of them so all we need to do is win at the Celtics and it's the sixth seed for us!
dlts20
RealGM

Post#152 » by dlts20 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:37 am

alot of people are accusing Rondo of tanking. IDK if thats a good or bad thing. Good because he will tank against us or bad because so many people are talking about it that he will try to save face against us. I could see this even being talked about on the talk shows tomorrow
Youheardme90
Sophomore
And1: 25

Post#153 » by Youheardme90 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:45 am

miller31time wrote:
Illmatic21 wrote:Damn. Oh well, I'm really not worried about losing to Boston.. I don't know if anyone caught the end of their game vs PHI but they're tanking hard :lol:

That doesn't usually bode well for the Wizards.

It`s different, times are different. :wink:
GhostsOfGil
General Manager
And1: 899

Post#154 » by GhostsOfGil » Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:47 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7NTwdnzQlo[/youtube]

Cant stop watching.
queridiculo
RealGM
And1: 9,050

Post#155 » by queridiculo » Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:18 am

dandridge 10 wrote:The best part of this game (other than the blow out win for the Wiz) is that I sold my two seats for over double than what I paid for it as a season ticketholder to Miami fans. It makes me feel good that two Miami nuthuggers paid me $300 a seat to watch the Heat get shellacked without LeBron or Bosh playing. :lol:

Sweet justice :lol:
TheBabyMaker
Starter
And1: 852

Post#156 » by TheBabyMaker » Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:40 am

dandridge 10 wrote:The best part of this game (other than the blow out win for the Wiz) is that I sold my two seats for over double than what I paid for it as a season ticketholder to Miami fans. It makes me feel good that two Miami nuthuggers paid me $300 a seat to watch the Heat get shellacked without LeBron or Bosh playing. :lol:

Sounds like some idiots bandwagon Heat (LeBron) fans that have no clue. Don't they know the Heat usually rest their main players this time of the season. LMAO

Where is the bandwagon cam.
dangermouse
Lead Assistant
And1: 814

Post#157 » by dangermouse » Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:52 am

this made my week
long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:
NatP4 wrote:but why would the pacers want Mahinmi's contract

Well, in fairness, we took Mike Pence off their hands. Taking back Mahinmi is the least they can do.
doclinkin
RealGM
And1: 5,345

Post#158 » by doclinkin » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:42 am

dlts20 wrote:
doclinkin wrote:Me I want MIami. Feel like we match up well with their few weaknesses. Our PG and interior size are a mismatch in our favor, and LeBron is great but Ariza can make him work harder. Plus I like the high profile and spotlight if we acquit ourselves well, win or lose it could be a fun series.

so what do you mean? you want them now in round 1 or you just like them being on our side of the bracket so we face them in round 2?

I want them whenever. I want to stun them and beat the piss outta them. I want to shock the world. If we lose to them no shame they're the defending champs, but with our size up front and Nene's decent defense roaming outside of the paint combine with Gortat underneath I feel like we have the personnel to frustrate LeBron and forcing them to rely on Bosh to beat us with jumpers. He can do that, he has in fact done that, but the secret fact of LeBJ is he's a bully, he does not like to get challenged on the interior, beaten up, pushed around, and I feel like adding nothing-to-lose vets like Dr Feelgooden and Harrington works to our advantage.

We saw today and it has been shown in the past how little depth the team has behind LeBJ. They outclass us in overall talent. We beat them at PG and the frontcourt (unless LeBJ is at PF). Spoelstra is a notch above Wittman, maybe, but he's no Tom Tippytoe. I feel like legitimately, if all is clicking and they get a little dinged up we could take 'em. They are vulnerable. I got an in-the-bones certainty they are not the champions this year, they will get picked off along the line and LeBJ will start looking around halfway through one tough series thinking about where he's going next etc etc. You've seen him quit before when he gets tested or distracted.

But mostly I would relish the competitive rage I could work up for that team. Would love it. Enjoy either being the villain or battling the villain. Win or lose it would be gratifying to bloody them and make them hear footsteps. I know this board could have fun with it. This city would get charged up for it. This team -- they've shown they will sometimes take lightly an opponent -- for the Miami LeBJ's though, I know they would come out the gate steely-eyed and grim, ready to prove doubters wrong who say they have no chance.

That's who I want. I want the Heat. Want to sink my teeth into that series and get righteous and fired up with a cleansing fire like an exorcism. Heat is an anagram of Hate. That to me is the fun of this sport, this substitute for war, to really really enjoy detesting your opponent, and then, maybe, beat them. For that team I'm already fired up, it would be supremely satisfying to take out my frustrations on them. The Heat.

Sure let me get them in the 2nd round if I have to, but them's the cats this dog wants to chase.
mohammed10
Assistant Coach
And1: 155

Post#159 » by mohammed10 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:50 am

Kinda suprised at the voting. I suspect people are casting ballots, post game.

POTG?
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds’ worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it,
And—which is more—you’ll be a Man, my son!

'If' - by Rudyard Kipling
Jay81
Starter
And1: 480

Post#160 » by Jay81 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:52 am

anyone for resigning Nick young in the offseason? I cant believe we only got a 2nd round pick for him when we traded him. Not that he is a great player but he is a legit NBA rotation guy

Return to Washington Wizards