ImageImageImageImageImage

Wizards-Knicks Discussing Booker Trade

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

pancakes3
General Manager
And1: 2,626

Re: Wizards-Knicks Discussing Booker Trade 

Post#21 » by pancakes3 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:49 pm

Damn, I knew Prigioni was an older rookie but I had no idea he's already 37. Shane Larkin? Thanasis Antetokounmpo? Honestly, I have no idea how this would work out.
Bullets -> Wizards
dobrojim
RealGM
And1: 3,332

Post#22 » by dobrojim » Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:50 pm

even given his limitations, I found Booker to be a guy who was often easy to root for.
Because of that, if he is going to leave, why does it have to be to become a Knick? Yuck.
But I do hope we get Blair. Like many here, I believe that would be a nice pickup.
A lot of what we call 'thought' is just mental activity

When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression

Those who are convinced of absurdities, can be convinced to commit atrocities
nuposse04
RealGM
And1: 2,439

Post#23 » by nuposse04 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:51 pm

Yeah I'd rather run Booker and Blair together, not Seraphin and Blair. Blair should be seraphin's replacement.

Still, I want ed davis, someway, somehow...
nuposse04
RealGM

Post#24 » by nuposse04 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:53 pm

Also a damn shame he'll be a knick. He can do well, but I'd wish it were with a more tolerable fan base.
verbal8
General Manager
And1: 1,364

Post#25 » by verbal8 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:54 pm

pancakes3 wrote:Damn, I knew Prigioni was an older rookie but I had no idea he's already 37.

That is pretty amusing that is the same age as Brad Steven last year as a rookie..coach

pancakes3 wrote:Shane Larkin? Thanasis Antetokounmpo? Honestly, I have no idea how this would work out.

Those players are intriguing. I think Ellington might be the most likely. I don't think the Knicks would be in the position to send back just a TPE.
jmrosenth
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 108

Post#26 » by jmrosenth » Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:56 pm

Booker owes a piece of his next contract to Steve "Booker's now my favorite player in the NBA" Kerr.
[quote:6312c12ed1="imperium1999"]
i had had two martinis at this point so i asked her if he every shouted DAGGER in the bedroom with her.

she looked at me kinda strangely and said she had no idea what DAGGER meant.
[/quote]
nuposse04
RealGM

Post#27 » by nuposse04 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:57 pm

Booker+Webter for Dalembert?
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,925

Post#28 » by tontoz » Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:05 pm

Boarder Patrol wrote:As a Knicks fan, what would you guys want from us?

Also, mind telling a little about Booker? We need a rebounder/defender inside so it looks like a decent pickup to me.

He has elite athleticism but weak court awarness on defense so his game is kind of a mixed bag. He is the best when it comes to running down lose balls but when it comes to making quick defense rotations, ugh.

Offensively he plays within himself pretty well. He is a limited player and understands this so he doesn't force things.
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
Zonkerbl
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,182

Post#29 » by Zonkerbl » Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:07 pm

Also, mind telling a little about Booker? We need a rebounder/defender inside so it looks like a decent pickup to me.

Booker's a decent post defender. He's super strong. But he's short and can be shot over, and his help defense is turrble.

Good offensive rebounder. Kind of so-so defensive rebounder. Decent post game around the basket, has been trying to develop his midrange jumper, in a small sample it looked almost barely decent last year.
I've been taught all my life to value service to the weak and powerless.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,992

Post#30 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:20 pm

jmrosenth wrote:Booker owes a piece of his next contract to Steve "Booker's now my favorite player in the NBA" Kerr.

Kerr really did talk up Booker.

Kerr also loves Nene's "big hands". Golden State is certainly going to listen to any Nene trade ideas. Kerr loves him almost as much as his favorite player Booker.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using RealGM Forums mobile app
Bye bye Beal.
NbdyBeatsTheWiz
Sixth Man
And1: 105

Post#31 » by NbdyBeatsTheWiz » Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:32 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:
jmrosenth wrote:Booker owes a piece of his next contract to Steve "Booker's now my favorite player in the NBA" Kerr.

Kerr really did talk up Booker.

Kerr also loves Nene's "big hands". Golden State is certainly going to listen to any Nene trade ideas. Kerr loves him almost as much as his favorite player Booker.

Lol. I went looking for a vid or audio clip of that episode while the playoffs were still going. Never did find it. You'd have thought Nene just dunked from mid court and didn't just pick up a ball from there judging by the way Kerr flipped out.

Kerr sat through Nene eating Noah alive in that Chicago series. You may be onto something in terms of GS being a potential partner down the road, CCJ.
Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,091

Post#32 » by Dat2U » Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:32 pm

Booker is a no-nonsense player. If he were a little bigger he would be a very good player. He is a grinder who plays within his limitations. He does what he is told to do on defense and he does not look for his own shot. He has worked on his shooting but is a reluctant scorer. Trevor Booker is a pretty good run and jump athlete. He is unselfish and probably could score more but he is content being a role player.

Booker will be good next to Carmelo Anthony.

If Booker actually did what he was told on defense maybe he wouldn't be so lost all the damn time on the perimeter. I don't think it's because he doesn't try but honestly after four years, you'd hope he'd have at least improved his awareness to the point where his rotations would be passable & he'd have a clue of how to hedge on the pick & roll. Unfortunately he still doesn't so I don't know how you play him without hurting your defense. I don't see how you would play him with Carmelo. He shoots pretty well from mid-range but does so infrequently so opponents happily give him that shot to instead focus on his teammates, thus impacting spacing. His best attributes are probably his offensive rebounding & his efficiency but I don't think that offsets the lack of spacing his presence causes and all of his defensive shortcomings.
verbal8
General Manager
And1: 1,364

Post#33 » by verbal8 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:36 pm

Dat2U wrote:

Booker is a no-nonsense player. If he were a little bigger he would be a very good player. He is a grinder who plays within his limitations. He does what he is told to do on defense and he does not look for his own shot. He has worked on his shooting but is a reluctant scorer. Trevor Booker is a pretty good run and jump athlete. He is unselfish and probably could score more but he is content being a role player.

If Booker actually did what he was told on defense maybe he wouldn't be so lost all the damn time on the perimeter. I don't think it's because he doesn't try but honestly after four years, you'd hope he'd have at least improved his awareness to the point where his rotations would be passable & he'd have a clue of how to hedge on the pick & roll. Unfortunately he still doesn't so I don't know how you play him without hurting your defense. I don't see how you would play him with Carmelo. He shoots pretty well from mid-range but does so infrequently so opponents happily give him that shot to instead focus on his teammates, thus impacting spacing. His best attributes are probably his offensive rebounding & his efficiency but I don't think that offsets the lack of spacing his presence causes and all of his defensive shortcomings.

If the Knicks get Booker, a times a Melo-Booker-Bargs frontcourt is a possibility. I see a lot of scoring for both teams if that happens.
JWizmentality
RealGM
And1: 5,093

Post#34 » by JWizmentality » Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:51 pm

Christ, nothing on that team even mildly intrigues me. Ernie making me nervous
WallToWall
Veteran
And1: 937

Post#35 » by WallToWall » Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:00 pm

JWizmentality wrote:Christ, nothing on that team even mildly intrigues me. Ernie making me nervous

Draft picks would be nice.
As much as I like Booker, he seems to be someone who will have a harder time reaching his potential. Being that we are in a "win now" mode, we don't have time to wait for him. We should get a upgraded bench player and/or draft pick for him.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using RealGM Forums mobile app
StrayBullet
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#36 » by StrayBullet » Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:12 pm

WallToWall wrote:
JWizmentality wrote:Christ, nothing on that team even mildly intrigues me. Ernie making me nervous

Draft picks would be nice.
As much as I like Booker, he seems to be someone who will have a harder time reaching his potential. Being that we are in a "win now" mode, we don't have time to wait for him. We should get a upgraded bench player and/or draft pick for him.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using RealGM Forums mobile app

Phil seems to have real value with his draft picks, I don't see him giving up one for Trevor Booker.
J-Ves
Veteran
And1: 1,107

Post#37 » by J-Ves » Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:40 pm

Mecca wrote:Hearing the trade will involve Wayne Ellington... Pablo Prigioni would also make a ton of sense, and he'd be a great fit with you guys.

If the Blair trade happens I think the loss of Booker is fine. We'd have Gortat, nene, Blair, Gooden, seraphin, Birtch and some PP as a stretch 4 for bigs. Ellington could fill in for Webster while he recovers, backing up both SG and SF and gives the Wizards options.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
RealGM

Post#38 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:50 pm

Dat2U wrote:

:)

Did you ever sell a car, Dat? Are the first things you did is point out rust and mention the electrical problems the car experienced?

You're much more accurate about failings you've seen over the years from Booker.I remember just watching the last thing. Booker in these playoffs. Booker had some strong moments. Steve Kerr pointed out many positive plays by Booker.

(Now in the Blair thread I posted Booker is a better athlete but IMO Blair is a much better player. I mentioned Blair playing physical ball and not getting outworked by guys like Gibson and West. )

Dat, I do think Booker's reluctance to shoot will play well with Carmelo shooting very frequently. Booker is fast. He can run with Melo. He will rebound Melo's misses. Knicks fans will appreciate Trevor IMO.

I don't think Booker is nearly as bad as you do, Dat.

Bye bye Beal.
Illmatic12
RealGM
And1: 8,459

Post#39 » by Illmatic12 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:54 pm

Undersized - 6'6, 6'7 tops. Good at hustle things (loose balls, offensive boards, etc),not so good at playing team defense. Booker isn't the brightest guy in the world..

Btw he is an insane athlete. Freakishly fast for his size (he ran the fastest 3/4-sprint at the combine, faster than Wall) and when he jumps for oops it's like he came off a trampoline. Kinda cool but not really useful to your team other than in transition
RealGM

Post#40 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:58 pm

J-Ves wrote:
Mecca wrote:Hearing the trade will involve Wayne Ellington... Pablo Prigioni would also make a ton of sense, and he'd be a great fit with you guys.

If the Blair trade happens I think the loss of Booker is fine. We'd have Gortat, nene, Blair, Gooden, seraphin, Birtch and some PP as a stretch 4 for bigs. Ellington could fill in for Webster while he recovers, backing up both SG and SF and gives the Wizards options.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

I think they need to set Seraphin free if they sign Blair. Booker could have played with Blair, but I am liking all the positive talk about Khem Birch. I like Birch as a Booker replacement.

Bye bye Beal.

Return to Washington Wizards