General Manager
And1: 3,969

Re: Report: Humphries S&T to Wizards 

Post#201 » by DCZards » Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:03 pm

fishercob wrote:
payitforward wrote:
hands11 wrote:PIFF

You did it again.

You inaccurately represented my position and then say you disagreed with it.

It being a fluid process is exactly one of the points I have been making.

Hands, once again, exactly what in particular did I misrepresent? I see nothing whatever.

Please provide an exact citation of a way I misrepresented you.

For example, in a later post you said that more than half the people here "missed the entire rebuild." I proved that wrong by actual simple citation of fact. Did I say something that wasn't true? Or did you not say what I just quoted you saying?

Whatever does "a fluid process" mean, btw?

PIF and hands!

You might be on to something, Fish. They do say opposites attract.
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,883

Post#202 » by TGW » Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:03 pm

PIF, before you get in a spat with that guy, understand that he also wanted Grunfeld fired and wanted the Wizards to lose the their last few games so that Wittman would get fired. Don't let the "I told you so" ernie cheerleading brigade fool you...I think all of them, at some point, was calling for Grunfail's head. 44 wins and a playoff series win was equivalent to a championship ring for that crowd.

And getting back to the topic....why are we loading up on power forwards? Are they going to move one in the next few months?

It doesn't make sense to add Blair AND Humphries. They don't compliment each other.

We could really use a shotblocker. Jason Smith was out there...he might have been a better option than adding two power forwards.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,992

Post#203 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:18 pm

Ernie is like a dealer. He's given us all a free taste of mediocre. Now many of us are gonna keep coming back for more...

I loved the end of last season. I have filibustered/complained vociferously about Ariza because I gotta have another playoffs fix. After seasons with 23 or 26 wins mediocre felt spectacular!

TGW, to be serious I must say Ernie did shift momentum. Lethargy and hopelessness turned to cheering. The distsnt past is not what free agents associate with the Wizards. They saw Wall and Beal at All Star weekend. They saw Gortat drop 31/16 in the playoffs. Nene destroyed Noah. The Wizards beat the great Tom Thibodeau's Bulls. I have to give EG his due. He took the blows and did it His Way.

Who's to say they don't marginally improve again?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using RealGM Forums mobile app
Bye bye Beal.
TGW
RealGM

Post#204 » by TGW » Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:32 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:Ernie is like a dealer. He's given us all a free taste of mediocre. Now many of us are gonna keep coming back for me.

I loved the end of last season. I have filibustered/complained vociferously about Ariza because I gotta have another playoffs fix.

TGW, to be serious I must say Ernie did shift momentum. Lethargy and hopelessness turned to cheering. The distsnt past is not what free agents associate with the Wizards. They saw Wall and Beal at All Star weekend. They saw Gortat droo 31/16 in the playoffs. Nene destroyed Noah. The Wizards beat the great Tom Thibodeau's Bulls. I have to give EG his due. He took the blows and did it His Way.

Who's to say they don't marginally improve again?

CCJ, I don't disagree with the "you win first then you get good" philosophy. The team wanted to win a little, which is fine. But the way they went about doing it was totally against what Ted was preaching when he first took over the team.

The trading of capspace and multiple picks for near 30 year olds bother me CCJ, because that's not what Ted said. Ted said we're going to build through the draft. Well, it's a few years later, and we have 4 draft picks on the team (of which two are any good) and a bunch of...to be blunt...castoffs. Guys that weren't really wanted by their previous teams, and were being shopped.

Respect to Gortat, but no first rounders should have been dealt for that guy. None. I don't care if he helped the team make the playoffs or not...he was simply not worth a first rounder, considering his age and contract status.

Anyway, I'm done arguing about the front office. I'll just wait and see at this point.

Btw—I have the same phone you're using...I can't stand it. :D
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
WizTom
Junior
And1: 126

Post#205 » by WizTom » Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:33 pm

DCZards wrote:
fishercob wrote:
payitforward wrote:Hands, once again, exactly what in particular did I misrepresent? I see nothing whatever.

Please provide an exact citation of a way I misrepresented you.

For example, in a later post you said that more than half the people here "missed the entire rebuild." I proved that wrong by actual simple citation of fact. Did I say something that wasn't true? Or did you not say what I just quoted you saying?

Whatever does "a fluid process" mean, btw?

PIF and hands!

Nearly every thread I read these days, I get to this point:

PIF = Please, It's Fatiguing

Hands = Hands Off the Keyboard

Sorry fellas. Apologies if that sounds rough. It's a cumulative result.
You may now proceed.

I shall merrily scroll on past.
TGW
RealGM

Post#206 » by TGW » Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:35 pm

I happen to enjoy the constant Image between PIF and hands.

It's the dog days of summer people.
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,868

Post#207 » by payitforward » Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:02 pm

WizTom wrote:
DCZards wrote:
fishercob wrote:
PIF and hands!

Nearly every thread I read these days, I get to this point:

PIF = Please, It's Fatiguing

Hands = Hands Off the Keyboard

Sorry fellas. Apologies if that sounds rough. It's a cumulative result.
You may now proceed.

I shall merrily scroll on past.

Actually, you are right -- I'm not going to engage w/ Hands any more. There's no point.

Lets talk about players, etc., not each other.
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
WizTom
Junior
And1: 126

Post#208 » by WizTom » Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:21 pm

Hey, don't take anything too hard from me. I read a lot of this board, but with 220 posts in over 10 years, I'm hardly the lifeblood of this place.

I just think you guys take yourselves and each other a little too seriously sometimes. You both quote selective stats and "prove" rationales. Heck, I think you actually talk yourselves in circles most of the time. But there is no finality in this. All the "he said-she said", "prove to me where I..." stuff only offers banality. Be positive. Or be negative. Just discover your Zen place and keep sliding down the razor blade of life. We're Wizards fans.
nuposse04
RealGM
And1: 2,439

Post#209 » by nuposse04 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:21 pm

PHI will be an interesting team to watch but the notion that they have some tremendous ceiling is asinine. All of their young players will take time to be competitive. I think Noel will go down as the best player from that draft class but he needs at least 2-3 season of work before he can carry a team in the playoffs. By the time that moment has come MCW and Noel will both need to get paid sooner or later as well. They also will attract no one worth a damn in FA unless their young guys win games now, and there is absolutely no reason to believe they will, as it seems they are revved up for another semi tank season. They need a true wing scorer before they can taken seriously.
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#210 » by hands11 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:28 pm

gambitx777 wrote:
deneem4 wrote:What if beal becomes a 26/4/4 guy and and he has to get a max
and porter becomes a 20/7/3 defensive juggernaut

what if our young players live up to their potential before durant get here???
Then what?

Well if that's the case and wall holds or gets better and Gortat holds firm, plus the other guys we brought in and the guys who will b brought in do their jobs, we win a wring this year or next. We would have a big 3 and a capable bunch of bigs with descent shooting and depth else where. If all that happens, and we keep improving the bench as older players fall off, we are contending for titles. So, do we mess with a working formula to add Durant ? it's a legit point to bring up

Only on the Wizards board can we in 2 months go from, nahhh KD is a pipe dream. Get out of here.

to...

What if we are so good that its best not to add him. :lol:

But you know what. That a quality problem. Its nice to have choices. Besides, in my book, building a plan to get KD always involved choices. Maybe its not KD. Maybe its another player. Maybe they are good and kick it off to the year after.

Point is, you build to have that choice. And having Wall, Beal and hopefully Otto gives them a large window to find the right mix. Been saying that all year and its one of the main reasons I told people to stop worrying so much going into last year. There will be options.
hands11
Banned User

Post#211 » by hands11 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:45 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:
hands11 wrote:
DCZards wrote:
News flash, TGW:Those wasted assets are gone and never coming back. So let's talk about building a contender based on what the Zards currently have and not what we wished they had.

You mean wasted assets like..

Worst contract in the league turned in Lewis who was actually the first vet added to try to stabilize the locker room. That was the worst for the 2nd worst but the 2nd worst was for more per year, but less years. It moved GIl off the team so Wall could be the franchise player without the old franchise players around messing things up. And it allowed them to cash in on that expiring asset earlier. And Lewis turned in Trevor A and Okafor. TA is now lamented that he is gone he turned out so well. And Okafor was core to with TA in helping redefine the team as a defense first focused team. And Okafor and a mid first turned into Gortat who is now the starting center for the next 4 years.

And all of those player helped develop Wall as a NBA professional. There was a time early on that many of us worried how Wall would develop. Would he realize and develop his potential. He was a hero ball player with one speed, no shoot and not enough around him to help him develop. Well they adding players like TA/Okafor Gortat, Webster and Nene had big influence in how Wall is turning out. And Beal as well. And now Otto got that education last year.

So they took the worst contract in the league on a player that was suspended by the league indefinitely for bring guns into the locker room and turned that into Lewis, TA/Okafor, then added a mid first and turned Okafor into Gortat. They may have wasted some picks, mostly the #6 used on Ves since all they got for that was Miller for two years, but that also turned a pigs ear into a silk purse.

You can't just isolate individual moves/picks that didn't work out and ignore the other stuff. At the end of the day, you have to take a step back and look at what they had 4 years ago and look at what they have now and evaluate that. Regardless of if you liked all the draft picks or every FA pick up, they have transformed the team. They do have a young core of players in Wall, Beal and Otto. They do have good supporting vets on good contracts. And they do have caps space to go after one of the few transformative players available in the league in 2016.

They may have even drafted one or two of them in Wall and Beal and now we will have the cap space to go after a third in 2016.

That pretty much exactly what most people here have wanted as a end result. And they did it in 4 years. From the worst of worst situations to what we see now. Time to stop crying over spilled milk of things that didn't work out well and look at the things that did and that project to work out moving forward.

The way I see it all the misses and mistakes cost the Wizards time. Had they drafted and developed players well they would have been better much sooner. Other teams like Houston and Golden State bottomed out and reloaded in a hurry.

However, I do think you have the right perspective, hands. The end result justifies the means. The Wizards have come a long way the past 4 seasons. (I would say past 3 seasons, FWIW).

I will put the past completely behind if this team succeeds in getting back to the playoffs.

CCJ, you must have missed my preemptive post saying, watch. Now that its working out people are going to start talking about how it didnt work out fast enough.

You walked into that one CCJ. :D But glad to hear you want to get on the bus.

You know what, its complicated. You move on thing that went wrong in the past and you don't get the thing that went right maybe. Maybe you get their faster. Maybe you don't.

If Haywood isn't injured the year they lost the #5 for Foye and Miller and both of them get injured and Gil doesn't stay injured, they don't get the #1 which turns into Wall. And if Gil doesn't bring guns into the locker room and get suspected indefinitely and Abe passes, maybe there is no hard reboot. Maybe Ted does get the team but holds onto Gil to long and he infects Wall. And if they draft better in 2011, maybe we don't get Beal.

Back to the Future. Star Trek. Moving back in time altars the future. Who know what might have happen.

What we do know is that it looks like its working out. And in only 4 years since we got the #1 pick and Wall.

We do know Ted is more patient and methodical about his plan then Abe was. Abe was always trying to do something cute to make a quick fix. Hell, for years they marketed the team by selling the other teams stars coming to town. And we wonder why home court advantage has been so hard to regain. Do anyone remember La Suz ? Man I hated those days. The team was all marketing and no fundamentals.
hands11
Banned User

Post#212 » by hands11 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:46 pm

payitforward wrote:
hands11 wrote:
Brenice wrote:And to think, how many people didn't want the Gortat trade that saved last season and resulted in playing in the playoffs. Wall and Beal got playoff experience and respect resulting in players wanting to play here. Is Durant soon to be a Wizard? Damn the lottery.

Thats just one move.

More than half the board missed the entire rebuild and questioned almost every move.

But now they magically like the end result and some how frame it as, all the sudden they have a plan and are starting to make good moves. This is in spite of the owner actually detailing the rebuild plan and providing updates in long interviews.

Thats kind of magical thinking don't you think ?

Sorry, Hands -- none of the above is close to the truth. Point by point.

Lets just start with the "questioning almost every move" --

1. the draft. We've had 15 draft picks to work with since 2010. Wall came by luck, or was it part of a "plan" to get lucky w/ ping pong balls? Beal was an excellent pick -- and most people here wanted him (to my recollection -- I certainly did!). I wasn't around in 2010 -- did most people oppose the picks of Seraphin and Booker? I liked both picks. We got lucky again w/ the ping pong balls and picked Porter. There were a variety of opinions about who to pick, but I think most here wanted Porter; I was fine w/ the pick. I think you actually wanted to trade down, didn't you? I might be misremembering. Some people wanted Noel; they might still turn out to have been right.

That's it for good picks out of the 15. Or are you saying you liked some other picks -- and if so, which?

As to trades, which ones are you saying you have liked? In particular, please. The Okariza trade obviously didn't succeed in terms of building a new Wizards squad -- how could it have? They aren't Wizards! The Gortat trade got us a good player -- and I seem to have to say over and over again that a good player and a good trade for that player are *not* the same thing. I wanted Gortat when he went to Phoenix instead. But we didn't get him then. We got him when he cost us $14m and a mid-round 1 pick in the deepest draft in a decade. The trade for Miller most of us liked just fine (of course maybe you want to think about why we had to make that trade!).

How about FA signings? Anyone here object to Gooden? Pierce? Humphries? Blair? And, are you really suggesting that signing Pierce for 2 years at 37 is part of a planned rebuild? Now that really is "magical thinking."

So... what is it that, for example, I missed? I'm sure I'm among your "most people" bunching.

No flame intended here, Hands, just asking for the basis in actual fact of your extensive self-congratulation. I could also point to many posts by you questioning the Gortat trade, calling for Ernie to go and now(!), condemning Wittman, etc.

If you have a criticism to make, why don't you find something particular and empirical to point to? I could just challenge you and say -- why don't you find one place where, for example, I've been wrong about a player acquisition, draft pick, trade, or anything at all. I don't doubt there are some. Just name me one, please.

Actually, my point was entirely true. You will come around eventually.

As for me busting on EG and or Randy. I have admitted that 1000 times PIFF. Contrary to the EG homer some here say I have been, I have not. I had no idea what Randy was thinking during the season and I called for his head because what he was doing made no sense. Then given what I saw in the playoffs, I think I might have stumbled into his logic and I explained what that was. I have much more faith in him now that I saw him coach in the playoffs. I didn't agree with not using Crawford at PG more. I hated the long path it took to find a PG and that was the main thing I busted on EG about. Well that and he rarely picked the players I wanted him to draft. Beal I wanted and locked in on him early. Wall was getting tracked here when he was still in HS. Otto I wanted real early in the draft process when he was down at 12 or something.

I had lots of other choices I would have made. And maybe they would have all added up to something good. But since it worked out anyway, I'm ok with it.

The end result of what they build is what matter most to me. I like this roster. I like how far they have come in 4 years. I wanted PP here last year. I wanted Gortat when he left ORL. Most here liked Blair. Wall has made great strides in two year and I think the majority here believe he isn't done getting better. How can you not like Webby. Everyone respects Miller. And now we have Hump. And Otto will get his shot this year.

Its a team you can both like and expect to produce. How can anyone not be happy with that.
hands11
Banned User

Post#213 » by hands11 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:00 am

payitforward wrote:
DCZards wrote:
payitforward wrote:I couldn't disagree more with the picture you draw, Hands. In fact, this whole vision you, and maybe some others too, seem to have is, I think, wrong -- and demonstrably wrong. You have the idea that a rebuild is like painting a picture. You have to have an overall framework first, then you have to have, as it were, just the right color here and another right color there, and some kind of balance, and... wherever the metaphor goes.

If the world were static, and everything around you stayed the same, I can see how it would be possible to imagine this as the right way to view the process of building a team. But, of course, the world around doesn't stay the same, and things are the exact opposite of static.

In the last 13 months, for example, Philadelphia has acquired more and better assets via the draft than Ernie has managed in the last decade. Embiid, Noel, MC-W, Saric, a likely high R1 pick in 2017 (wch they can trade well before then if they want) -- not to mention McDaniels, Mcrae and Micic (likely that 1 or more of those guys will become quite good players!). Oh, and Pierre Jackson. Yet, they'll have a very high pick next year as well, and their total salary committed next year? About $30m. Talk about having cap room!

Don't get me wrong -- I'm delighted with the moves Ernie has made this Summer! More fun than staring slack-jawed at a press release about signing Eric Maynor, that's for sure! Or Harrington. But what the moves show is that 4 plus years and 5 drafts worth of rebuilding has netted us a grand total of 4 assets we think are worth counting on going forward.

In fact, we're *not* focused on building a team at all right now. We're focused on getting through the next 2 years. By then John Wall will be entering the 2d half of his career, Beal will be a 5 year veteran, etc. While the entire squad outside of those 4 guys (Gortat, Beal, Wall, Porter) is in starting over mode (assuming we haven't suddenly become brilliant late R1 drafters all of a sudden).

I'll enjoy watching Wizards basketball this year and next. I'm a Wizards fan. But I've given up entirely on the notion that we'll ever try to build a title contender. And if the answer is "Kevin Durant is coming here; it's written in the stars -- after all we just hired his high school coach!" that's just more confirmation. Holding your breath for the one thing that makes a mess look a chef thought it up isn't building a team -- don't you think Durant might like playing with Embiid, Noel, etc.?

In other words, no, there is no plan. None whatever -- at least none that any rational person wouldn't find laughable. But, we did recover well from losing Ariza, and we did bring on 2 productive veterans. We may be one of the oldest teams in the league now, but at least some of those old guys are good players.

PIF, here's where I think you're wrong about building a contender. You don't do it by simply collecting a bunch of youngsters or assets. You do it by having the right mix of young talent and vets and the subsequent chemistry that flows from that. I'm not impressed at all by the collection of Philly players you named. What I see in Philly are two quality--potentially great--young big men (both of whom have already had serious injuries, btw) and a bunch of other young guys, only one of whom has proven he can play (MCW) and he's pretty one dimensional offensively since he can't shoot.

Philly will likely need to bring in some vets or glue guys (a la David West in Indy) to show their youngsters how to play the right way and to step up at crunch time if necessary. Kinda like what West does in Indy or the contribution that Boris Diaw made to help S.A. get over the hump against Miami.

That Philly team you're so enamored with is much, much further from contending than the Zards. And, again, we don't know if any of the guys or assets that Philly has collected can play. But we do know that Wall, Beal and Gortat are all-stars or borderline all-stars, that Nene, when healthy, is a major contributor, and that vets like Humphries, Webster, Gooden and Blair are almost certain to be solid role players.

We also now have this guy Paul Pierce who has won a championship and has been known to put a team on his shoulders from time to time. Heck, I can see PP being rejuvenated playing with Wall and Beal and only having to play 20-25 minutes a game for his team to be successful. Pierce is still one of the best one-on-one offensive players in the game, who will likely be taking youngsters (like those in Philly) to school. Pierce also has a serious "clutch" gene.

And I'm excited to see what two the youngins'--Porter and Rice--are capable of doing. I think both have real potential.

Yes, the current Zards team is missing some key pieces, such as a young front court player to develop and someone to replace the aging Andre Miller. But winning and making noise in the playoffs is how you attract that kind of talent. (Maybe even a KD.) Right now, I'm liking the mix of youth and old heads that has emerged from the moves made by the Zards since last year this time.

At some point, you have to stop worrying about collecting "assets"--or weighing who has the most "assets"--and put together a group of men who can actually win on the court. That's where the Zards are in 2014...and Philly has a long ways to go to get there.

Actually win *what* on the court? Last year, in a historically weak Eastern Conference we won 44 games. We got past a Bulls team whose 2 best players were injured or had just been traded, and we were brushed aside by a dysfunctional team that then got blown out by a team that in turn got blown out in the championship series! What was our record vs. the West?

I'm delighted with our current moves -- largely because I've given up on ever being a team with a genuine chance to win a championship under Ernie's regime. In the mean time, sure, lets just enjoy what we *do* manage to accomplish. And those who want to can keep dreaming about how Kevin Durant is going to ride in on a horse from the sky and save everything.

As to Philly, I'll remind you of what you wrote when they blow by us.

Well, at least we got the last two weeks or a sane happy PIFF. Looks like he has reverted back to the norm.
payitforward
RealGM

Post#214 » by payitforward » Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:31 am

hands11 wrote:
payitforward wrote:
DCZards wrote:
PIF, here's where I think you're wrong about building a contender. You don't do it by simply collecting a bunch of youngsters or assets. You do it by having the right mix of young talent and vets and the subsequent chemistry that flows from that. I'm not impressed at all by the collection of Philly players you named. What I see in Philly are two quality--potentially great--young big men (both of whom have already had serious injuries, btw) and a bunch of other young guys, only one of whom has proven he can play (MCW) and he's pretty one dimensional offensively since he can't shoot.

Philly will likely need to bring in some vets or glue guys (a la David West in Indy) to show their youngsters how to play the right way and to step up at crunch time if necessary. Kinda like what West does in Indy or the contribution that Boris Diaw made to help S.A. get over the hump against Miami.

That Philly team you're so enamored with is much, much further from contending than the Zards. And, again, we don't know if any of the guys or assets that Philly has collected can play. But we do know that Wall, Beal and Gortat are all-stars or borderline all-stars, that Nene, when healthy, is a major contributor, and that vets like Humphries, Webster, Gooden and Blair are almost certain to be solid role players.

We also now have this guy Paul Pierce who has won a championship and has been known to put a team on his shoulders from time to time. Heck, I can see PP being rejuvenated playing with Wall and Beal and only having to play 20-25 minutes a game for his team to be successful. Pierce is still one of the best one-on-one offensive players in the game, who will likely be taking youngsters (like those in Philly) to school. Pierce also has a serious "clutch" gene.

And I'm excited to see what two the youngins'--Porter and Rice--are capable of doing. I think both have real potential.

Yes, the current Zards team is missing some key pieces, such as a young front court player to develop and someone to replace the aging Andre Miller. But winning and making noise in the playoffs is how you attract that kind of talent. (Maybe even a KD.) Right now, I'm liking the mix of youth and old heads that has emerged from the moves made by the Zards since last year this time.

At some point, you have to stop worrying about collecting "assets"--or weighing who has the most "assets"--and put together a group of men who can actually win on the court. That's where the Zards are in 2014...and Philly has a long ways to go to get there.

Actually win *what* on the court? Last year, in a historically weak Eastern Conference we won 44 games. We got past a Bulls team whose 2 best players were injured or had just been traded, and we were brushed aside by a dysfunctional team that then got blown out by a team that in turn got blown out in the championship series! What was our record vs. the West?

I'm delighted with our current moves -- largely because I've given up on ever being a team with a genuine chance to win a championship under Ernie's regime. In the mean time, sure, lets just enjoy what we *do* manage to accomplish. And those who want to can keep dreaming about how Kevin Durant is going to ride in on a horse from the sky and save everything.

As to Philly, I'll remind you of what you wrote when they blow by us.

Well, at least we got the last two weeks or a sane happy PIFF. Looks like he has reverted back to the norm.

Anyone who knows me thinks of me as "sane and happy," Hands -- and I've asked you in the past to watch your rhetoric and judgement about others here. As I wrote above "I'm delighted with our current moves -- largely because I've given up on ever being a team with a genuine chance to win a championship under Ernie's regime. In the mean time, sure, lets just enjoy what we *do* manage to accomplish."

Mostly, as Ruzious has written, what you post here falls into the "unconscious comedy" bin. To be more precise, here is a word for you to google: "postdiction". And a phrase "Texas sharpshooter." They describe your methodology here to a T.

In the meantime, how about we stop commenting on one another's posts for a few weeks (except where we can comment positively, of course), ok?
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
Brenice
Banned User
And1: 464

Post#215 » by Brenice » Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:51 am

hands11 wrote:
Its a team you can both like and expect to produce. How can anyone not be happy with that.

They can't be happy because Ernie built it and he won't be fired anytime soon.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,703

Post#216 » by montestewart » Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:31 am

Brenice wrote:
hands11 wrote:

They can't be happy because Ernie built it and he won't be fired anytime soon.

Yuppie scum, with their subway socials, ironic sweater vests and treasure hunts.
AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,151

Post#217 » by AFM » Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:34 am

That's what we call a non sequitur, ladies and gentlemen
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,730

Post#218 » by gambitx777 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:04 am

hands11 wrote:
Only on the Wizards board can we in 2 months go from, nahhh KD is a pipe dream. Get out of here.

to...

What if we are so good that its best not to add him. :lol:

But you know what. That a quality problem. Its nice to have choices. Besides, in my book, building a plan to get KD always involved choices. Maybe its not KD. Maybe its another player. Maybe they are good kick it off to the year after.

Point is, you build to have that choice. And having Wall, Beal and hopefully Otto give them a large window to find the right mix. Been saying that all year and its one of the main reason I told people to stop worrying so much. There will be options.

Well, I agree. I am just saying that it's something that should be talked about, I mean for the first time in a long time, we have a legit chance to make it to the finals. I'm all for Durant, I am just bringing up a point of debate.
pancakes3
General Manager
And1: 2,626

Post#219 » by pancakes3 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:19 pm

WizTom wrote:Hey, don't take anything too hard from me. I read a lot of this board, but with 220 posts in over 10 years, I'm hardly the lifeblood of this place.

Maybe not lifeblood but lurkers like you are the unspoken yet necessary jenga pieces that keep this rickety tower of a fanbase together. *cue Bud LIght Real American Heroes Music* So here's to you Mr. Wiztom. Crack open an ice cold bud light. You deserve it.
Bullets -> Wizards
payitforward
RealGM

Post#220 » by payitforward » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:26 pm

AFM wrote:That's what we call a non sequitur, ladies and gentlemen

Who you calling a ladies & gentlemen?

Return to Washington Wizards