ImageImageImageImageImage

Whos more overrated Chicago or Cleveland?

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

Hidden Eye
Pro Prospect
And1: 370

Whos more overrated Chicago or Cleveland? 

Post#1 » by Hidden Eye » Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:58 pm

If you had to pick one which team would it be?
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,351

Re: Whos more overrated Chicago or Cleveland? 

Post#2 » by Kanyewest » Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:11 pm

Cleveland. They were only a 33 win team last season. While they gain LeBron but they are losing Spencer Hawes and Luol Deng.

Kyrie Irving is still a sieve defensively. Their defense could get worse if they acquire Kevin Love - while it would be a net positive0 they are worse than the 2014 Miami Heat IMO.

Some guys may not mesh with LeBron's style of play like Wiggins and Waiters. We saw how Larry Hughes played much worse with LeBron. Anderson Varejao is a nice player but he has been injury prone the last few seasons. I'm not sure what the Cavs will do defensively.
JWizmentality
RealGM
And1: 5,093

Post#3 » by JWizmentality » Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:28 pm

The LeBronaliers obviously. Chicago is actually quite good.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#4 » by Ruzious » Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:40 pm

There's a reason why Cleveland went from a 60 win a year team to a 20 win a year team after Lebron left. Cleveland is not overrated. I don't think Chicago is, either. So, this wasn't the greatest thread idea.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
nuposse04
RealGM
And1: 2,439

Post#5 » by nuposse04 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:41 pm

Any team with LBJ is a 50 win team in the east. I don't care for Cleveland and its fans but their squad plus LBJ is at least a top 4 seed. LBJ makes guys better and the looks he'll give guys on that team will be unfairish.

You fear a team with LBJ+Shooters on it.

You don't fear the current Bulls in the playoffs. McDermott is extremey slow to play SF IMO and Mirotic has to show in the NBA before you can say he'll be worth a damn. The notion that Rose will somehow be an a legit all star caliber player is also stupid. Pau Gasol has trended downward for 3 years in a row and has logged big minutes over his NBA career, he also, doesn't get the benefit of the doubt. More of the same coming from Noah, Gibson and Butler. Good defensive guys who can't carry teams to Ws by themselves in the playoffs.

CHI will be a regular season front runner again, but their gimmick dies in the playoffs, unless Rose actually comes back...but I have little faith we see "MVP" Rose again, which he never deserved in the first place.
FreeBalling
Starter
And1: 218

Post#6 » by FreeBalling » Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:00 pm

It's got to be the Cavs. Should Le-Travel get hurt this year they are done.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZzgAjjuqZM[/youtube]
FINAL UPDATE
With full military honors, Master Sgt. James W Holt was laid to rest at Arlington National Cemetery today. May 15
You Are Not Forgotten
RIP Master Sergent Holt :usa:

The ultimate sacrifice http://taskforceomegainc.org/H061.html
DCsOwn
Junior
And1: 126

Post#7 » by DCsOwn » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:25 pm

Ruzious wrote:There's a reason why Cleveland went from a 60 win a year team to a 20 win a year team after Lebron left. Cleveland is not overrated. I don't think Chicago is, either. So, this wasn't the greatest thread idea.

Agree with this.
pancakes3
General Manager
And1: 2,626

Post#8 » by pancakes3 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:45 pm

With this thread and all the Kool-ad this board's been chugging lately (me included) it very well could be us.
Bullets -> Wizards
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#9 » by hands11 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:15 pm

Kanyewest wrote:Cleveland. They were only a 33 win team last season. While they gain LeBron but they are losing Spencer Hawes and Luol Deng.

Kyrie Irving is still a sieve defensively. Their defense could get worse if they acquire Kevin Love - while it would be a net positive0 they are worse than the 2014 Miami Heat IMO.

Some guys may not mesh with LeBron's style of play like Wiggins and Waiters. We saw how Larry Hughes played much worse with LeBron. Anderson Varejao is a nice player but he has been injury prone the last few seasons. I'm not sure what the Cavs will do defensively.

Still to early to tell. They aren't done doing stuff. They want to add love and they have that Haywood trade chip.

I think Ray Allen lands there. Without Love. They are a good team, but thin at center and a bit unproven at PF.

Kyrie/Matthew Dellavedova
Waiters/Ray Allen
LeBron/Wiggins/M Miller
Tristian/Bennett/Erik Murphy/Dwight Powell
Mop Head/Haywood

Trying to make sure I am being objective but... I think the Wizards have a better roster. Always hard to say that with another team has a great like LeBron. He will clearly transform that team and make players better.

Now you add Love to that and all the sudden that unproven PF line up turns around in a snap. Then they are just thin at center.

They could maybe add.
Jermaine O'Neal - Unrestricted
Greg Stiemsma - Unrestricted
Emeka Okafor - Unrestricted: if he can still play and someone can find him.

I could see up meeting up with CLE in the 2nd round or later and I like our chances. I could also other teams like TOR, IND, CHI giving them problems.

Keep in mind how many players on that team have never seen the playoffs. Eventually, they hurts you.

And regardless of Love or not, I still think SAS can take them again because they can carve up their defense again. The title is likely going to SAS, DAL or OKC this year. Lets hopes its not OKC. Someone like MEM needs to take them out.
FreeBalling
Starter
And1: 218

Post#10 » by FreeBalling » Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:51 pm

pancakes3 wrote:With this thread and all the Kool-ad this board's been chugging lately (me included) it very well could be us.

If you need a glass this summer just ask. I'm going to ride that playoff win for all it's worth.

FINAL UPDATE
With full military honors, Master Sgt. James W Holt was laid to rest at Arlington National Cemetery today. May 15
You Are Not Forgotten
RIP Master Sergent Holt :usa:

The ultimate sacrifice http://taskforceomegainc.org/H061.html
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#11 » by hands11 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:17 am

FreeBalling wrote:
pancakes3 wrote:With this thread and all the Kool-ad this board's been chugging lately (me included) it very well could be us.

If you need a glass this summer just ask. I'm going to ride that playoff win for all it's worth.

And Glen Rice MVP of summer league.

And OttoMatic Summer League First Team, 2012-2013 Big East Player of the Year and was a finalist for both the Naismith Trophy and Wooden Award

That not to mention,

All Star Johnny Ball Game
Olympian Real Deal Beal, and
ten-time All-Star and four-time All-NBA team selection Paul, NBA world Camp " The Truth" Peirce
truwizfan4evr
Assistant Coach
And1: 642

Post#12 » by truwizfan4evr » Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:40 am

Bulls! What if D rose not 100%?
You Shouldn't Play For Money, But You Should Play Because You Have A Passion For It -- Bradley Beal
dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 15,997

Post#13 » by dckingsfan » Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:55 am

Ruzious wrote:There's a reason why Cleveland went from a 60 win a year team to a 20 win a year team after Lebron left. Cleveland is not overrated. I don't think Chicago is, either. So, this wasn't the greatest thread idea.

Is he even the best player in the east?
dangermouse
Lead Assistant
And1: 814

Post#14 » by dangermouse » Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:14 am

I'm going with the Bulls.

The last time Rose was any good, Shaq was still in the league, and people still liked Obama. "Upgrading" Boozer to Pau was only a slight upgrade. They downgraded at backup PG (and we all know they'll be logging big minutes). Their only player that they can rely on is Noah. What if he gets injured too? Woo boy. They have the look of a perennial first-round-exit team.

LeBron can carry the Cavs. Watching the Heat, he carried them 9 games out of 10 anyway. Unlike the Heat, he really has nothing to fall back on. But, unlike the Heat, he has a good center and a good PG, provided Verajao stays healthy. I'd be more concerned about a matchup with them in the first round than with the Bulls again. LeBron is good enough now (yeah, he is better than when he originally played in CLE) that he can beat any team in the east single handedly.

I don't think we are overrating ourselves at all. We are deeper than last year at every position except the wing. We have young guys who have improved over the years and should improve even more this year. If im drinking the kool aid here on this one, hand me another cup. I like it.
long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:
NatP4 wrote:but why would the pacers want Mahinmi's contract

Well, in fairness, we took Mike Pence off their hands. Taking back Mahinmi is the least they can do.
I_Like_Dirt
RealGM
And1: 8,719

Post#15 » by I_Like_Dirt » Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:31 am

Bulls. I'll believe Rose isn't the next Penny or Grant Hill when I see it. I don't think Pau is such an amazing upgrade over Boozer and Thibs develops rookies alright but doesn't play them much. They don't look any better than last year to me.

Bron on his own makes the Cavs a 50+ win team in the east.
Bucket! Bucket!
truwizfan4evr
Assistant Coach

Post#16 » by truwizfan4evr » Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:56 am

I_Like_Dirt wrote:Bulls. I'll believe Rose isn't the next Penny or Grant Hill when I see it. I don't think Pau is such an amazing upgrade over Boozer and Thibs develops rookies alright but doesn't play them much. They don't look any better than last year to me.

Bron on his own makes the Cavs a 50+ win team in the east.

I agree 100%
You Shouldn't Play For Money, But You Should Play Because You Have A Passion For It -- Bradley Beal
Boardwalker
Junior
And1: 379

Post#17 » by Boardwalker » Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:25 am

Neither is overrated, both are tops in the East. My only hesitancy would be Cleveland, because I'm not sure if they can play defense, even with Lebron. I can see Chi, Wiz, and the Raps beating them.

And to some in this thread, yes, Pau is a significant upgrade over Boozer, a player who barely played defense and didn't even play in the 2nd and 4th quarters of games.
truwizfan4evr
Assistant Coach

Post#18 » by truwizfan4evr » Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:34 am

Boardwalker wrote:Neither is overrated, both are tops in the East. My only hesitancy would be Cleveland, because I'm not sure if they can play defense, even with Lebron. I can see Chi, Wiz, and the Raps beating them.

And to some in this thread, yes, Pau is a significant upgrade over Boozer, a player who barely played defense and didn't even play in the 2nd and 4th quarters of games.

Gasol isn't known for his defense, neither. Gasol isn't the same player he once was, I'm not sold on Gasol. Gasol is a soft player and I don't believe he makes the bulls any better than last season.
Boardwalker
Junior
And1: 379

Post#19 » by Boardwalker » Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:54 am

truwizfan4evr wrote:
Boardwalker wrote:Neither is overrated, both are tops in the East. My only hesitancy would be Cleveland, because I'm not sure if they can play defense, even with Lebron. I can see Chi, Wiz, and the Raps beating them.

Gasol isn't known for his defense, neither. Gasol isn't the same player he once was, I'm not sold on Gasol. Gasol is a soft player and I don't believe he makes the bulls any better than last season.

I disagree, so we'll just have to see how it pans out over the season. By height alone Gasol is a big improvement, and I never bought that "soft" label that some people attached to him. As for Bulls being better than last season, if Rose is healthy, they should be significantly better just with him back.
_tr
Freshman
And1: 16

Post#20 » by _tr » Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:58 am

Cavs - nec Hercules contra plures
They have huuuge holes in their roster. I don't think that they will be even in top 4 in the next season.

Return to Washington Wizards