ImageImageImageImageImage

TGW wins...runs into Gilbert Arenas at BWI

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,885

TGW wins...runs into Gilbert Arenas at BWI 

Post#1 » by TGW » Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:22 pm

I ran into agent zero and his crazy ex wife at the airport. He was in front of me in line at Chesapeake bagels trying to get free bagels lol. Anyway, I happened to have my dc fitted and he blessed it.

I wanted to ask him if he was in the area for basketball reasons, but I didn't want to bother him at 5:30 in the morning and his wife/BM/situation was giving me ****.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
nuposse04
RealGM
And1: 2,439

Re: TGW wins...runs into Gilbert Arenas at BWI 

Post#2 » by nuposse04 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:24 pm

lol at him trying to get free bagels. Did he approach you or did you say hello first?
JWizmentality
RealGM
And1: 5,093

Post#3 » by JWizmentality » Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:40 pm

Awesome. Lucky bastard.
AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,153

Post#4 » by AFM » Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:42 pm

And no restraining orders were filed
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,703

Post#5 » by montestewart » Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:05 pm

TGW wrote:BM/situation was giving me ****.

By all means, please elaborate.

Was he just like, "I'm Agent 0 and that's how much I pay for bagels," or was he asking for day-old bagels? Or perhaps he had a coupon? Just think, if you're a celebrity, you can never use a coupon again without it being a story.
TGW
RealGM

Post#6 » by TGW » Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:30 pm

Ha Monte. ..he was definitely trying to get his bagels for free. He wad holding the lineup and some old lady was about to go ape ish on him.

And his ex fiance was like "too early" when I approached him, but I ignored the b and went straight to Gilbert. He was more than happy to sign my hat.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using RealGM Forums mobile app
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,153

Post#7 » by AFM » Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:38 pm

Did you say I'm TGW from the RealGM WizBoard?
JWizmentality
RealGM
And1: 5,093

Post#8 » by JWizmentality » Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:08 pm

TGW wrote:Ha Monte. ..he was definitely trying to get his bagels for free. He wad holding the lineup and some old lady was about to go ape ish on him.

And his ex fiance was like "too early" when I approached him, but I ignored the b and went straight to Gilbert. He was more than happy to sign my hat.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using RealGM Forums mobile app

Nothing more sad than a guy in a situationship. :noway:
TGW
RealGM

Post#9 » by TGW » Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:55 am

AFM wrote:And no restraining orders were filed

haters gonna hate
lastemp3ror
Junior
And1: 107

Post#10 » by lastemp3ror » Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:29 pm

TGW wrote:I ran into agent zero and his crazy ex wife at the airport. He was in front of me in line at Chesapeake bagels trying to get free bagels lol. Anyway, I happened to have my dc fitted and he blessed it.

I wanted to ask him if he was in the area for basketball reasons, but I didn't want to bother him at 5:30 in the morning and his wife/BM/situation was giving me ****.

I have been looking to obtain that exact hat (w/o the signature) but can't find it anywhere. Anyone know where I can get it?
Higga
Lead Assistant
And1: 831

Post#11 » by Higga » Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:51 pm

That's awesome.

By my experience, most pro athletes wives/girlfriends can be real biatches but the athletes themselves are really chill.
Eric Maynor is the worst basketball player I've ever seen.
TGW
RealGM

Post#12 » by TGW » Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:47 am

lastemp3ror wrote:
TGW wrote:
I have been looking to obtain that exact hat (w/o the signature) but can't find it anywhere. Anyone know where I can get it?

I bought that one at the Verizon center in the team store. Not sure where to get it online...try nba.com.
lastemp3ror
Junior
And1: 107

Post#13 » by lastemp3ror » Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:12 am

TGW wrote:
lastemp3ror wrote:
TGW wrote:

I bought that one at the Verizon center in the team store. Not sure where to get it online...try nba.com.

Ok I will try the store soon. It is impossible to find online. I can only find the one in all red. Thanks for the info.
cdouglas
Veteran
And1: 81

Post#14 » by cdouglas » Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:12 pm

montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#15 » by montestewart » Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:17 pm

cdouglas wrote:Tell IT Gilbert Arenas!!

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/michael-brown- ... re-1461156

Gilbert's not afraid. Sharpton's no Crittenton.
cdouglas
Veteran

Post#16 » by cdouglas » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:10 pm

montestewart wrote:

Gilbert tells the TRUTH about Sharpton, then he gets bashed by the bloggers, then he removes his comments. This guy can't say anything without people bashing him. Remember his Agent 0 Blog and how the bloggers hated on him then. The guy can't get a break!
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#17 » by montestewart » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:13 pm

cdouglas wrote:
montestewart wrote:

Gilbert tells the TRUTH about Sharpton, then he gets bashed by the bloggers, then he removes his comments. This guy can't say anything without people bashing him. Remember his Agent 0 Blog and how he was bashed.

The only problem with free speech is that it's free.
cdouglas
Veteran

Post#18 » by cdouglas » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:22 pm

montestewart wrote:
cdouglas wrote:
montestewart wrote:Gilbert's not afraid. Sharpton's no Crittenton.

Gilbert tells the TRUTH about Sharpton, then he gets bashed by the bloggers, then he removes his comments. This guy can't say anything without people bashing him. Remember his Agent 0 Blog and how he was bashed.

True but you can state your case without attacking a person's character.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#19 » by montestewart » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:31 pm

cdouglas wrote:
montestewart wrote:
cdouglas wrote:

True but you can state your case without attacking a person's character.

I'll aways be an Arenas fan. I'm wearing my "Let It Be Known" t-shirt (my favorite t-shirt) right now. But I know Gilbert will always pay the price for shooting from the hip, so to speak, and being such a quirky and colorful character. That's what makes him who he is, for better or worse.
Nivek
Head Coach
And1: 959

Post#20 » by Nivek » Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:42 pm

I'm as big a fan of Arenas as there is. He remains my favorite Wizards/Bullets player ever. I loved watching him play. Interviewing him was almost as much fun watching him play. One of my favorite people to talk with back when I went to games on press pass.

But, he called Sharpton a "coon." Which, aside from being a racist slur, directly undermines Arenas' point that he'd like to see a significant reduction in black-on-black crime. It's tough to take his more serious point seriously when he's using ad hominem attacks on someone he doesn't like. Especially, when Sharpton would agree there needs to be a reduction in black-on-black crime, because (like ANYONE) he believes there should be a reduction in crime period.

Arenas can believe -- and say -- whatever he wants, of course, but he also has to accept that there will be reaction. The first amendment enumerates a right to freedom of speech without GOVERNMENT censorship -- not the right to say whatever idiot thing comes into your head without anyone pointing out how idiotic your utterance happened to be.

Those posts were classic Arenas ready-fire-aim comments. And, he's rightfully getting hammered for them.
"A lot of what we call talent is the desire to practice."
-- Malcolm Gladwell

Check out my blog about the Wizards, movies, writing, music, TV, sports, and whatever else comes to mind.

Return to Washington Wizards