Washington Wizard's 2014-2014 Schedule Released

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

mohammed10
Assistant Coach
And1: 155

Re: Washington Wizard's 2014-2014 Schedule Released 

Post#21 » by mohammed10 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:54 am

Just reviewed our 2014-15 schedule...

The early portion of the schedule seems pretty favorable compared to last year, when we played Miami, OKC, San Antonio and Dallas all on the road, I think we can beat Miami. Orlando is iffy because it's a back-to-back and I think we should beat Milwaukee in the home opener.

Call me a homer, but I can see a 4-1 or a 5-0 start before the game in Toronto.
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds’ worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it,
And—which is more—you’ll be a Man, my son!

'If' - by Rudyard Kipling
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#22 » by hands11 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:51 am

We do know that the back-to-backs are more evenly distributed this year than last, with just one team (the Pistons) having 22 back-to-backs, and six with 21 (Nuggets, Hawks, Hornets, Spurs, 76ers, and Bucks). The Heat and Lakers each have 16 back-to-backs, and the Magic, Pacers, Mavericks, and Kings have 17. Everyone else is packed in at 18, 19, or 20.

I count 18 back to back for the Wizards.
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,354

Post#23 » by Kanyewest » Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:08 pm

pancakes3 wrote:I was thinking the complete opposite. I only see 2 comfortable wins in the first 10 games: Milwaukee and Detroit at home. Miami and Orlando on the road aren't gimme's and the @NY, Ind, @Tor, @Ind is a rather brutal 4 games in 5 nights.

The good news is 10 national games, including a Christmas matchup. Friday Feb 20. against Cleveland on ESPN is going to be one of the best Wizards games in a while. Dobro and other season ticket holders... that's a doozy of a dilemma between your heart and your wallet.

To finish my post off with more bad news? 5 of the 6 final games are on the road, and all are playoff teams except for Philly. I don't anticipate BKN to be in the playoff race this year (replaced by the Knicks maybe?) but it's still a nailbiting way to end the season with seeding implications on the line.

I guess also see Detroit as a potentiallly tough game simply based upon that they did beat the Wizards a couple times last year and Stan Van Gundy should be a big upgrade in the coaching department.

Return to Washington Wizards