Visiting D.C. from Denmark - Wizards tickets help

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

jax98
RealGM
And1: 3,013

Visiting D.C. from Denmark - Wizards tickets help 

Post#1 » by jax98 » Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:55 am

Hello Wizards fans!

If you could assist me, I'd greatly appreciate it.

My family and I will be spending Christmas in D.C. and on the 23rd, we hope to see the Bulls/Wizards game.

I'm looking around for tickets, and I'm finding several off StubHub, at admittedly wicked prices, but I keep wondering why NBA.com doesn't have any tickets available, even through resale?

Right now, I'm looking at paying $655 for three tickets in section 112, row O through StubHub, but I'm not sure if that's a decent price, or if I'm being hustled.

Any information that would lead to either good seats at a fair price, or a confirmation that these tickets I have now are of good value, would surely be appreciated.

Final question: Also looking into section 120, row H. Tickets are cheaper, but do you get a good view?

Thank you in advance for any assistance!
Induveca
Head Coach
And1: 724

Re: Visiting D.C. from Denmark - Wizards tickets help 

Post#2 » by Induveca » Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:09 pm

Wait until you are in DC. Buy them the day of the game.on StubHub. You'll likely pay 1/4 of the price they're listed at today.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk
jax98
RealGM
And1: 3,013

Post#3 » by jax98 » Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:08 pm

Induveca wrote:Wait until you are in DC. Buy them the day of the game.on StubHub. You'll likely pay 1/4 of the price they're listed at today.

Wow, really? Obviously the Bulls game is a HUGE draw for us, so you're sure StubHub will have tickets available on game day?
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,704

Post#4 » by montestewart » Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:34 pm

Morten Jensen wrote:
Induveca wrote:Wait until you are in DC. Buy them the day of the game.on StubHub. You'll likely pay 1/4 of the price they're listed at today.

Wow, really? Obviously the Bulls game is a HUGE draw for us, so you're sure StubHub will have tickets available on game day?

You can start following StubHub now, but most sellers usually wait until closer to the game to drop prices, and there's a risk: if both Bulls and Wizards look top-3 by the time they play (especially after playoffs this year), tickets would probably be scarcer and more expensive.
http://www.stubhub.com/search/doSearch? ... &geo_exp=1
noworriesinmd
Junior
And1: 69

Post#5 » by noworriesinmd » Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:23 pm

$218 per ticket is too high. You should aim for $120-130 for those seats.

On Tuesday, there is a preseason sale, for all games, for wizards season ticket holders.
You can try to convince a season ticket holder to purchase the tickets for you OR you can wait for individual games to go on sale and get them online.

At minimum, I can place you in contact with my ticket rep.

The NBA has a resale marketplace if you don't believe StubHub (though I've never had issues with StubHub & I sale my tickets through them all the time).

You can wait and hope to get tickets for a discount on 12/23 or you can pay a little bit more and grab some tickets now. At minimum wait till the season starts, unless you buy directly from the team or you find a price that is not marked up by +200%!!!

Section 112 is considered "Center Select". The season ticket holder price is $99.
http://www.nba.com/wizards/seasontickets
Seat # is more important than row # for this seat because it could equal the view of 120. Unless you are in the first 10 rows, the row letter does not matter.

Section 120 is off to the side, and that view is not bad. If I had to choose between section 120 or sitting in the middle of 214,215,215,229,200,201...I'd choose the 200's. The view is better than section 120, but your price is 80 vs 55 per ticket.
mohammed10
Assistant Coach
And1: 155

Post#6 » by mohammed10 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:22 pm

Agree with above. Same day Stubhub is the best option.

Oh, and be sure to rock some Wizards gear at the game
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds’ worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it,
And—which is more—you’ll be a Man, my son!

'If' - by Rudyard Kipling

Return to Washington Wizards