ImageImageImageImageImage

Wizards @ Knicks 10/22/14- 7:30 pm

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

nuposse04
RealGM
And1: 2,439

Re: Wizards @ Knicks 10/22/14- 7:30 pm 

Post#41 » by nuposse04 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:56 am

Good look by Porter. Woulda been nice to get the win...

Lucas III doesn't look worth much of a look...James does. Blair doesn't seem to fit well with Kevin, needs to play with Hump so he has room to operate.
dlts20
RealGM
And1: 6,194

Post#42 » by dlts20 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:56 am

good game. Wall may shouldve hit porter off the inbounds but he still got another good look. good experince for him
Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,091

Post#43 » by Dat2U » Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:59 am

Porter is going to help us this year.
JWizmentality
RealGM
And1: 5,093

Post#44 » by JWizmentality » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:00 am

Solid game. Wall is ready. Don't know why I was worried.
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,349

Post#45 » by Kanyewest » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:01 am

Porter with a Nick Young like stat line 22 points, 2 rebounds, and 1 assist. He did have 3 steals though.
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#46 » by hands11 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:02 am

keynote wrote:Oof. Blair is *incapable* of finishing down low.

He can't jump.

He should be a good situational sub but man, 4 turnover in 13 minutes ?

Getting Humphries and Paul out there will take this team up another notch. Then we get Beal and Webster down the road.

I'm sorry though. If your team is turning it over game after game like that, your offense sucks. The lanes aren't there. The angles are bad. Only thing that makes the offense look rational is letting Wall dominate the ball.

And please bring back the two man game with Wall and Gortat. This is just stupid. They aren't playing to Gortat one good offensive advantage. He isn't a back to the basket player or a mid range fade away shooter.

They looked better because Wall and Otto played really well and Temple hit 2-4 from 3. He need to shoot more of them though to keep things spread out. At least Otto picked up the 3 pace by taking 7 of them.

11-19 from 3. Its about time.
keynote
General Manager
And1: 2,587

Post#47 » by keynote » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:05 am

Kanyewest wrote:Porter with a Nick Young like stat line 22 points, 2 rebounds, and 1 assist. He did have 3 steals though.

Porter's a willing passer, though; if anything, I'm glad that he's learning to become more selfis--er, assertive.

He was also robbed of a few assists, thanks to a few missed shots.
Always remember, my friend: the world will change again. And you may have to come back through everywhere you've been.
hands11
Banned User

Post#48 » by hands11 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:06 am

GhostsOfGil wrote:Lucas looks like a Maynor clone out there.

He is quicker. And at least he didnt shoot.

Maybe that is the logic. Add a quicker PG to off set Miller only being able to run a slower pace.

But who do they keep.

D James was 5-5 and 1-1 from 3
Butler was 2-3 from 3 but only 2-8 overall.

Or Lucas. He does add another "the III" player. So we could have two Jrs and two the 3rds
nuposse04
RealGM

Post#49 » by nuposse04 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:08 am

Dat2U wrote:Porter is going to help us this year.

His awareness off the ball, on defense seems like a step up from Ariza. I recall Ariza getting beat A LOT on back door cuts and things of that nature, but Ariza still seems like the superior man defender.

Porter does a lot of things well already though. He's not just a 3 pointer decoy who can't facilitate offense. I expect him to be pretty damn good by seasons end.

Once GR JR comes back I'd be interested to see randy go to a lineup of

WALL
GR JR
Porter
Pierce
Gortat/Nene/Hump(if we really wanna stretch the floor)

This James guy looks more deserving than Lucas as well. Wall/Miller/Temple is fine for PG depth, and GR JR, Temple/Porter is fine for SG depth until Beal returns.

all the starters were + in the +/- column...bench let us down. Probably a function of Miller not playing.

Also kudos to Dalembert, he looks like way better value then Chandler IMO.
hands11
Banned User

Post#50 » by hands11 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:10 am

Kanyewest wrote:Porter with a Nick Young like stat line 22 points, 2 rebounds, and 1 assist. He did have 3 steals though.

Well one big difference. We know Otto will rebound.

I'm fine with him just focusing on one thing this game. We needed him to score more then anything. And hit 3s which he did. And he did play good D on Melo.
nuposse04
RealGM

Post#51 » by nuposse04 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:11 am

hands11 wrote:
GhostsOfGil wrote:Lucas looks like a Maynor clone out there.

He is quicker. And at least he didnt shoot.

Maybe that is the logic. Add a quicker PG to off set Miller only being able to run a slower pace.

But who do they keep.

D James was 5-5 and 1-1 from 3
Butler was 2-3 from 3 but only 2-8 overall.

Or Lucas. He does add another "the III" player. So we could have two Jrs and two the 3rds

His passiveness is an issue though for our 2nd unit. He becomes a liability if he isn't willing to take a shot. He doesn't quite suck like fart did, and maybe it is just 1st game jitters, but a temporary 3 pt shooter is a more pressing need I think. I think Wall could get James a decent pay day after this season.
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,349

Post#52 » by Kanyewest » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:12 am

keynote wrote:

Porter's a willing passer, though; if anything, I'm glad that he's learning to become more selfis--er, assertive.

True, he seemed to play in a team flow- most of his buckets came of a pass rather than isolation play. I'll take games like this from Porter because I'll also assume the rebounds will come.
Sluggerface
Bench Warmer
And1: 510

Post#53 » by Sluggerface » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:17 am

JWizmentality wrote:Solid game. Wall is ready. Don't know why I was worried.

Maybe because this was the first game where Wall has looked dominant since arguably last march against the Lakers?
hands11
Banned User

Post#54 » by hands11 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:18 am

nuposse04 wrote:

His awareness off the ball, on defense seems like a step up from Ariza. I recall Ariza getting beat A LOT on back door cuts and things of that nature, but Ariza still seems like the superior man defender.

Porter does a lot of things well already though. He's not just a 3 pointer decoy who can't facilitate offense. I expect him to be pretty damn good by seasons end.

WALL
GR JR
Porter
Pierce

This James guy looks more deserving than Lucas as well. Wall/Miller/Temple is fine for PG depth, and GR JR, Temple/Porter is fine for SG depth until Beal returns.

all the starters were + in the +/- column...bench let us down. Probably a function of Miller not playing.

I wouldn't put to much faith in GR JR being efficient. I have yet to see him play well on offense when he wasn't a green light first option. Something tells me he isn't going to stick on the team though they will likely hold onto him a while before figuring that out. And that will be to bad because they could be another player who can be a situational offensive player which they need. Though that can be Webster.

All I see Glen as right now is another defender. He does tend to do that well.

Hopefully I am wrong about him. But I just don't see a good fit more then 3rd option type off the bench for specific situations when Webster can't guard someone or be need a rebounding SG.
Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,866

Post#55 » by Wizardspride » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:18 am

Kanyewest wrote:
keynote wrote:

True, he seemed to play in a team flow- most of his buckets came of a pass rather than isolation play. I'll take games like this from Porter because I'll also assume the rebounds will come.

Otto has already shown us he can rebound in previous games so I wouldn't worry about it.
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
Sluggerface
Bench Warmer
And1: 510

Post#56 » by Sluggerface » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:31 am

hands11 wrote:
nuposse04 wrote:

WALL
GR JR
Porter
Pierce

I wouldn't put to much faith in GR JR being efficient. I have yet to see him play well on offense when he wasn't a green light first option. Something tell me he isn't going to still on the team though they will likely hold onto him a while before figuring that out. And that will be to made because they could be another player who can be a situational offensive player.

Hopefully I am wrong about him. But I just don't see a good fit more then 3rd option type off the bench for specific situations when Webster can't guard someone or be need a rebounding SG.

I'm not really worried about Rice. He's struggled from 3 this preseason but everybody knows he isn't that bad of a shooter. He'll come around.
nuposse04
RealGM

Post#57 » by nuposse04 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:31 am

hands11 wrote:
nuposse04 wrote:

WALL
GR JR
Porter
Pierce

I wouldn't put to much faith in GR JR being efficient. I have yet to see him play well on offense when he wasn't a green light first option. Something tell me he isn't going to still on the team though they will likely hold onto him a while before figuring that out. And that will be to made because they could be another player who can be a situational offensive player.

GR JR is probably going to be inconsistent as hell to start the season. There will be nights where he looks awesome, and then nights when he sucks...I'm willing to accept that, because truthfully, Beal was great on the road, and a rather mediocre player at home...

Here's hoping they BOTH find some semblance of consistency when the rotation minutes stabilize.
hands11
Banned User

Post#58 » by hands11 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:59 am

Sluggerface wrote:
hands11 wrote:
nuposse04 wrote:

WALL
GR JR
Porter
Pierce

I'm not really worried about Rice. He's struggled from 3 this preseason but everybody knows he isn't that bad of a shooter. He'll come around.

He was last year.

Again, I do hope I am wrong. Its hard to put into words what I see in him. Its a little of a lot of things. And that just adds up to my gut not being sold on him being any more then a situational sub. Mostly for defense. The rest of his game isn't something you can rely on.

But if you want someone as your first option iso player to tear up the DLeague. He is your guy.
CntOutSmrtCrazy
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,154

Post#59 » by CntOutSmrtCrazy » Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:59 pm

hands11 wrote:
Sluggerface wrote:
hands11 wrote:

He was last year.

Again, I do hope I am wrong. Its hard to put into words what I see in him. Its a little of a lot of things. And that just adds up to my gut not being sold on him being any more then a situational sub. Mostly for defense. The rest of his game isn't something you can rely on.

But if you want someone as your first option iso player to tear up the DLeague. He is your guy.

Yes he was a bad shooter from three, but very small sample size.
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,883

Post#60 » by TGW » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:43 pm

Gortat is definitely worth 60 mil and some. Image
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.

Return to Washington Wizards