ImageImageImageImageImage

Political Roundtable - Part VI

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

Induveca
Head Coach
And1: 724

Post#1941 » by Induveca » Sat Jun 13, 2015 12:04 pm

Zonkerbl wrote:Furthermore, which would you prefer: A harassing commander in chief who does not get us into trillion dollar wars over oil?
Or a secret gay sex having President who does?

I think most Americans have come to accept Clinton was a good president, but had poor family values and openly lied around many issues.

Hillary Clinton? No one with a moral compass would *choose* to go through the mental anguish of sitting in an office for 4-8 years where their spouse had publicly cheated on them. Especially when that same spouse will be sitting in the room with them for much of the time. A new presidency should bring hope, not 4-8 years of pre-written partisan tabloid fodder.

The country needs to move on from the Clinton/Bush families. Those names further degrade America's fast declining international reputation, and reflect very poorly on the political thought process of the average American voter.
Zonkerbl
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,182

Re: Political Roundtable - Part VI 

Post#1942 » by Zonkerbl » Sat Jun 13, 2015 12:59 pm

Induveca wrote:
Zonkerbl wrote:Furthermore, which would you prefer: A harassing commander in chief who does not get us into trillion dollar wars over oil?

I think most Americans have come to accept Clinton was a good president, but had poor family values and openly lied around many issues.

Hillary Clinton? No one with a moral compass would *choose* to go through the mental anguish of sitting in an office for 4-8 years where their spouse had publicly cheated on them. Especially when that same spouse will be sitting in the room with them for much of the time. A new presidency should bring hope, not 4-8 years of pre-written partisan tabloid fodder.

The country needs to move on from the Clinton/Bush families. Those names further degrade America's fast declining international reputation, and reflect very poorly on the political thought process of the average American voter.

Oh, man, Indu, you captured my feelings about a Hillary presidency perfectly.

There are so many better candidates out there. Cory Booker. Chris Christie. Bernie Sanders. Rand Paul. Elizabeth Warren. Do we really have to go with whoever has the closest connections to the big political spenders? Can't we just go with whoever would be, you know, a good president?
I've been taught all my life to value service to the weak and powerless.
Induveca
Head Coach

Post#1943 » by Induveca » Sat Jun 13, 2015 1:51 pm

I'd be very happy to see Sanders or Paul in office as well.
crackhed
Assistant Coach
And1: 66

Post#1944 » by crackhed » Sat Jun 13, 2015 3:00 pm

Zonkerbl wrote:
Induveca wrote:

There are so many better candidates out there. Cory Booker. Chris Christie. Bernie Sanders. Rand Paul. Elizabeth Warren. Do we really have to go with whoever has the closest connections to the big political spenders? Can't we just go with whoever would be, you know, a good president?

zonk, you act as tho u don't understand the rules of the house wherest u dwell.
now be a good dem and enjoy the first female president for next 8yrs
"I never apologize. I'm sorry but that's just the kind of man I am"
H. Simpson
Zonkerbl
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1945 » by Zonkerbl » Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:03 pm

crackhed wrote:
Zonkerbl wrote:
Induveca wrote:

lol
Zonkerbl
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1946 » by Zonkerbl » Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:05 pm

Induveca wrote: A new presidency should bring hope, not 4-8 years of pre-written partisan tabloid fodder.

Considering making this my new sig.
crackhed
Assistant Coach
And1: 66

Post#1947 » by crackhed » Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:36 pm

Zonkerbl wrote:
crackhed wrote:
Zonkerbl wrote:

lol

:-)
"I never apologize. I'm sorry but that's just the kind of man I am"
H. Simpson
dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 15,969

Post#1948 » by dckingsfan » Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:23 pm

I guess the troops back into Iraq is an issue?
dobrojim
RealGM
And1: 3,332

Post#1949 » by dobrojim » Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:26 pm

Induveca wrote:I'd be very happy to see Sanders or Paul in office as well.

I'm quite shocked to read that. This is an interesting board.

BTW - I'd say the biggest policy gripe I had or have with Slick was the Telecom act.
Such a giveaway and so antithetical to the greater public interest.
A lot of what we call 'thought' is just mental activity

When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression

Those who are convinced of absurdities, can be convinced to commit atrocities
dobrojim
RealGM

Post#1950 » by dobrojim » Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:30 pm

dckingsfan wrote:I guess the troops back into Iraq is an issue?

Seems to me it ought to be talked about before it's done.
Too many 'leaders' are thinking too short term about immediate issues
while ignoring the long term implications, risks and costs of those
short term decisions.

dobrojim
RealGM

Post#1951 » by dobrojim » Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:36 pm

BTW - I have my doubts (but how could I know?) about Dubya having a closeted orientation
but I'm pretty convinced he did go AWOL while in the guard quite possibly because of recreational
activities lots of people did at that time and at that age. The essence of the CBS story was probably
true in contrast to the essence of the SwiftBoaters story. Funny how things work sometimes. Or tragic,
take your pick. But he sure walked like a real leader of men.

W. Unseld
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 106

Post#1952 » by W. Unseld » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:11 pm

Zonkerbl wrote:
W. Unseld wrote:I think the unending throwing of stones at Clinton has to stop. It's hypocritical. Does it really make sense to endlessly dwell on how awful a person Clinton is while at the same time ignoring the child raping leadership of your own party?

Let those without sin cast the first stone. And glass houses and stuff. BIBLE BIBLE BIBLE!!!

And what party would that be?
dobrojim
RealGM

Post#1953 » by dobrojim » Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:50 pm

popper wrote:If you haven't had a chance to listen to or read about Carly Fiorina then you should treat yourself to the pleasure. She is an incredible person and much more impressive than any presidential candidate I've seen in the last 30 years.

As much as we denigrate politicians, I have my doubts that any of the non-pols have any chance
either to be nominated or to do a good job in elected office. Being a public office holder is WAY
different than being a business person.

My bro-in-law worked for HP and doesn't have much of a complimentary nature to say about CF.
Eventually, neither did her fellow board members at HP. Doesn't mean she is a bad person...

Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,091

Post#1954 » by Dat2U » Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:02 pm

Zonkerbl wrote:
Induveca wrote:

Did you really just type Chris Christie? I cannot believe you just typed Chris Christie.
Induveca
Head Coach

Post#1955 » by Induveca » Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:50 pm

Ugh, Bush already winning in latest republican polls. Clinton obviously as well.

Depressing. I'll not be "voting". This has been a 3rd world nomination process, money bought the nominations before a campaign ever began.
dobrojim
RealGM

Post#1956 » by dobrojim » Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:02 pm

Bush winning polls? I had heard the exact opposite. He's hovering around 10%.

popper
Veteran
And1: 365

Post#1957 » by popper » Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:20 pm

dobrojim wrote:
popper wrote:If you haven't had a chance to listen to or read about Carly Fiorina then you should treat yourself to the pleasure. She is an incredible person and much more impressive than any presidential candidate I've seen in the last 30 years.

As much as we denigrate politicians, I have my doubts that any of the non-pols have any chance
either to be nominated or to do a good job in elected office. Being a public office holder is WAY
different than being a business person.

My bro-in-law worked for HP and doesn't have much of a complimentary nature to say about CF.
Eventually, neither did her fellow board members at HP. Doesn't mean she is a bad person...

After refreshing my memory on the HP acquisition fiasco and her mgmt. style back then, I would have to agree she probably doesn't have the right temperament for the job. It's possible she learned from her mistakes and has changed but there's no way of knowing.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,301

Post#1958 » by nate33 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:40 pm

Induveca wrote:Ugh, Bush already winning in latest republican polls. Clinton obviously as well.

Depressing. I'll not be "voting". This has been a 3rd world nomination process, money bought the nominations before a campaign ever began.

There is no chance that Bush wins the Republican nomination.
Induveca
Head Coach

Post#1959 » by Induveca » Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:57 pm

dobrojim wrote:Bush winning polls? I had heard the exact opposite. He's hovering around 10%.

I read he was up 5.3% this morning on flipboard.
Induveca
Head Coach

Post#1960 » by Induveca » Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:59 pm

Double post

Return to Washington Wizards