ImageImageImageImageImage

GT #2: Wizards (0-1) @ Magic (0-1) 7 PM CSN

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,874

Re: GT #2: Wizards (0-1) @ Magic (0-1) 7 PM CSN 

Post#281 » by payitforward » Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:38 pm

Nivek wrote:Nah, you don't keep Temple in or pull him because he's making or not making shots. You play him as few minutes as possible because he's shown through nearly 2400 NBA minutes that he's a bad NBA player. He shoots poorly, he's okay on the boards, he's an okay assist guy, but he's high turnover for a guy who touches the ball so infrequently, and he fouls a lot. He's a good guy and he tries hard, but you play him as little as you can because your team has better players.

He must be following you, Kev, because last night he was nothing on the boards or assists, but he shot well, didn't turn it over and didn't foul much! :)
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,874

Post#282 » by payitforward » Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:45 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:
dlts20 wrote:So glad we won but in 2 games so far weve given up 67 points in the 4th quarter. Thats not good and we have to find a better strategy or something.

On another note, do people still hate the Pierce signing? Back to back good games and some nice buckets when we needed them. He still knows how to play and I truly think he came here not only because he thought we had an outside chance to win the East but also because he thought with Wall and our bigs, that we could extend his career. I could see him being super effecient in our system.

He also had trouble adjusting some to the Ariza role in the Preseason but I think he saw how Wall was finding guys non stop in that last Preseason game in NY. After that I think he realized how he has to stand in the corners and Wall will find him. Thats always going to be there but the icing on the cake is that we can also give him the iso that we couldnt give TA and he can also handle the rock/make plays for others.

I don't know any Wizards fan who hated the Pierce signing. Most were thrilled with it day one.

The question is whether or not adding a 37 year old player who seemed to have some trouble defending SF made the team better than with Ariza.

Very early on it seems like a win win. Ariza looks great in Houston. Pierce clearly has game and Otto is already stepping up. How the season plays out will give the final answer.

Well said, CCJ: and I'm a good example. I thought Pierce was a great get for us, but no he is not as productive as Ariza at this point in his career.

But... he costs a lot less than Ariza! And we weren't interested in taking on more long-term salary once we retained Gortat.
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 16,010

Post#283 » by dckingsfan » Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:06 pm

Illmatic12 wrote:Seraphin shouldn't see the court, period. He singlehandedly let Orlando back into the game.

If he can't even play well against a lesser team when we're up by double-digits, why should he play ever?

Breakout season to European ball :)
Donkey McDonkerton
General Manager
And1: 411

Post#284 » by Donkey McDonkerton » Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:22 pm

Please, someone explain WTF this graphic is about. Are we supposed to be able to tell who's who?

Can find it at the bottom of this article...image doesnt look good here.

keynote
General Manager
And1: 2,587

Post#285 » by keynote » Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:26 pm

Donkey McDonkerton wrote:Please, someone explain WTF this graphic is about. Are we supposed to be able to tell who's who?

Can find it at the bottom of this article...image doesnt look good here.

I assume you can click on the players' names to get their individual "shot rain" charts. Wall's name is highlighted here, so I assume this image is of Wall's shot chart.
Always remember, my friend: the world will change again. And you may have to come back through everywhere you've been.
Donkey McDonkerton
General Manager
And1: 411

Post#286 » by Donkey McDonkerton » Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:30 pm

AH, not from the article, but it will take you here
:http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/special/sports/wizards-shooting-stars/

The top doesnt change, but the bottom shows some stats. Thanks
stevemcqueen1
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,137

Post#287 » by stevemcqueen1 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:44 pm

fishercob wrote:I wonder if ORL knows this and is thus trying to build a superior defensive perimeter with Payton, VO and Gordon. I look forward to seeing that group grown together.

I think this was the impetus behind the Gordon pick. He was deserving of the slot he was taken, but so were other players. But Gordon comes in from college as a good defender and he has the potential to be a really excellent defensive player down the line. I think he'll be able to cover a lot of the ground that Vucevic can't, and he'll be able to help protect the rim.

Vuc has a huge body, he's a capable one on one defender against posting bigs because you can't back him down and he did get March to take a lot of fallaway shots because Gortat couldn't uproot him. He's a gifted rebounder too, I was impressed with how well he tipped the ball to himself and got those contested rebounds. We got a lot of tip ins, but I'm not sure that came against him.

I think with Vuc you get the size and rebounding you need and with Gordon you get the speed and athleticism. That's a nice front court. And like you said, Oladipo and Payton have the potential to be excellent perimeter defenders. Plus they do have Harris, who at least has some strength on him.

I like the long term core they've built. No obvious stars. But a lot of blue collar players with a good mix of size and each with a handful of go to offensive skills. And a couple spectacular athletes in Gordon and OIadipo. If they keep the core together long enough, I could see them growing into a Memphis Grizzlies style tough team that nobody enjoys playing against.
Hypnotizer
Rookie
And1: 265

Post#288 » by Hypnotizer » Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:42 pm

FAH, no POTG thread?
dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 16,010

Post#289 » by dckingsfan » Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:46 pm

FAH is on a winning streak - Post GM #3!
fishercob
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#290 » by fishercob » Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:58 pm

Ont thing I like away this game -- the Wiz played all of 5 minutes without either Gortat or Nene on the floor. Part of that is that Gortat played a few too many minutes for my liking (36), but part of that is also that Nene was on the floor for 7 of the 12 minutes that March was not.

I'd like to see that 5 number move closer to zero; I'm hopeful that once we have all hands on deck it will. Nene played too many minutes too (34), but again, that will decrease we everyone gets healthy and acclimated. I liked how Witt staggered his minutes to get him long rests.
"Some people have a way with words....some people....not have way."
— Steve Martin
JWizmentality
RealGM
And1: 5,093

Post#291 » by JWizmentality » Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:35 pm

fishercob wrote:Ont thing I like away this game -- the Wiz played all of 5 minutes without either Gortat or Nene on the floor. Part of that is that Gortat played a few too many minutes for my liking (36), but part of that is also that Nene was on the floor for 7 of the 12 minutes that March was not.

I'd like to see that 5 number move closer to zero; I'm hopeful that once we have all hands on deck it will. Nene played too many minutes too (34), but again, that will decrease we everyone gets healthy and acclimated. I liked how Witt staggered his minutes to get him long rests.

Good point, although part of that is because Kevin wet the bed pretty badly and Wittman had to get Nene back in quicker than he would have liked.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,994

Post#292 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:47 pm

Dejuan Blair signed cheaply and for multiple years. If I didn't think he will eventually get a chance to shine I would be concerned. Wittman gave Blair very adequate minutes in preseason. However, Blair was a DNP-CD in his first appearance as a Wizard.

Seraphin playing poorly with Blair not playing at all shows Randy might not be too impressed with DJ Blair at this point in the season

Sent from my SGH-M919 using RealGM Forums mobile app
Bye bye Beal.
Higga
Lead Assistant
And1: 831

Post#293 » by Higga » Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:22 pm

Good to see Wall bounce back with a dominant game and Pierce hit some clutch shots late.

Don't like nearly blowing a big lead late but I'll attribute that to fatigue with it being a 2nd game of a back to back and the typical late game runs made by trailing teams that happens all the time.
Eric Maynor is the worst basketball player I've ever seen.
penbeast0
Senior Mod - NBA Player Comparisons
Senior Mod - NBA Player Comparisons
And1: 8,679

Post#294 » by penbeast0 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:45 pm

mhd wrote:The Cavs need defensive-minded players around their big three. They have the chips (Waiters, that future Memphis 1st) to do it.

Temple is a defensive minded player :D
“Most people use statistics like a drunk man uses a lamppost; more for support than illumination,” Andrew Lang.
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,354

Post#295 » by Kanyewest » Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:50 pm

penbeast0 wrote:
mhd wrote:The Cavs need defensive-minded players around their big three. They have the chips (Waiters, that future Memphis 1st) to do it.

Temple is a defensive minded player :D

Temple also outscored Waiters last night... go figure.
Jay81
Starter
And1: 480

Post#296 » by Jay81 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:22 pm

Wall played much better last night but i still dont feel like his shot is any better. I have zero confidence when he shoots an outside shot
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,892

Post#297 » by TGW » Sat Nov 1, 2014 12:19 am

Vucecic is a good player...I would probably take him over Cousins. But man he is piss poor defensively.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
pineappleheadindc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,479

Post#298 » by pineappleheadindc » Sat Nov 1, 2014 4:45 pm

Where is FAH to make the Bucks game thread? Dude.

:nonono:

If nothing is up by 2:00, will someone volunteer to make one?
"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart."
--Confucius

"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try"
- Yoda
Hypnotizer
Rookie
And1: 265

Post#299 » by Hypnotizer » Sat Nov 1, 2014 5:40 pm

pineappleheadindc wrote:Where is FAH to make the Bucks game thread? Dude.

He must be
Far
Away from
Home.
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#300 » by hands11 » Sat Nov 1, 2014 5:58 pm

pineappleheadindc wrote:Where is FAH to make the Bucks game thread? Dude.

FAH messing with the board mojo early I see.

Return to Washington Wizards