ImageImageImageImageImage

GT #5: Pacers @ Wizards 8 PM (ESPN / CSN / 99.1 FM)

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

fishercob
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Re: GT #5: Pacers @ Wizards 8 PM (ESPN / CSN / 99.1 FM) 

Post#281 » by fishercob » Thu Nov 6, 2014 7:25 pm

CntOutSmrtCrazy wrote:
fishercob wrote:Fish Thoughts:

Bad news: Poor effort. If we had played Toronto last night, we would have lost by 20.
Good news: We won! We played the Pacers JV team. It was ugly, but I think this is a game Wizards teams past would have figured out how to lose.

There's a ton not to like in the box score: Wall and Temple playing 43 minutes each and Miller playing 10 doesn't work for me. Again, if you make the decision to pick up Miller's option and pay him $4.6M, you have to play him.

Otto's worst effort of the young season, by far. Same for Gooden. Seraphin with 3 TO's, 3 fouls, 5 shots and 2 boards in 14 minutes. Etc. We really need Blair and Humphries to get integrated into or we're going to start to see diminishing returns from our starters.

But hey, Garrett "Old Dog" Temple continuing to show off his new tricks. Gotta love that.

Onward. We need to play much, much better in Toronto tomorrow.

I don't understand the obsession by some on limiting minutes, especially without putting context to it. Teams have to play OT sometimes, sometimes players are going to have to log heavy minutes. I get that heavy minutes are not ideal in the long run, but I don't see the need to nitpick at 'heavy' minutes in an OT game.

I wouldn't call it an obsession, but I am very mindful of it. The season is ridiculously long, and playing a few extra minutes a night adds up (except according to Thibs). Wall is just 24 and has already dealt with overuse injuries. And to your point, yes you do have to play overtime occasionally. That's precisely why you dont want Wall playing 38 minutes in regulation and Miller playing just 10.
"Some people have a way with words....some people....not have way."
— Steve Martin

Return to Washington Wizards