ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Thread - Wizards vs Pistons (11/12/14)

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

Who will prevail?

Representing the most powerful city in the world....
89%
The dudes from Michigan
11%

Total votes: 18

Hendrix
RealGM
And1: 3,662

Re: Official Thread - Wizards vs Pistons (11/12/14) 

Post#321 » by Hendrix » Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:44 pm

Congrats on the win Wiz fans.

Top conference teams are expected to go out and rack up wins against the weaker opponents and you guys are doing that. In past years you may have dropped the odd game against Knicks/Pistons type teams, but not this year. Going to be interesting when Beal is back.
oak2455 wrote:Do understand English???
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#322 » by hands11 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:46 pm

Higga wrote:Good win. Detroit is better than their record and they always play us tough. I was worried going in, knew it'd be a close game because the Pistons history against us coupled with Stan Van who always seems to coach his teams well against us, but at the end of the day we were the better team and we grinded out a tough win.

We're winning games that we probably would have found a way to lose last year. We still really haven't even hit our stride yet as a team(probably won't until Beal/Webster return)yet we're still 6-2. Good times in Wizard Nation. :)

Yeah. Any win is a good win.

They have a good coach and more then a few think that in a little time, they can be pretty good.
hands11
Banned User

Post#323 » by hands11 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:18 pm

payitforward wrote:
hands11 wrote:
FAH1223 wrote:
And Rasul Butler will stink it up after the game of his life

So Wizards.

Give up on a young kid to play a 35 year old journeyman who had one good game

This guy
http://espn.go.com/nba/player/stats/_/i ... en-rice-jr

will be damn lucky to have the career this guy is having.

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/stats/_/i ... ual-butler

RB is a 12 year vet and still showing he can be productive and contribute. If you are a 12 year vet, you did something right. Glen hasn't shown he can even earn minutes. I would feel pretty confident in saying, Glen will not be in the league as long as RB has been.

What my man Hands says!

Only proviso being that I hope Glen Rice does become a player and stays in the league many many years. I imagine Hands does too. But it hasn't happened yet.

Sure. I don't hate him. I don't even know him personally.

All I am doing is calling it like I see it. I just don't see in the grand scheme that he is a priority, nor should he be for the reason I mentioned. But he can play a role down the road. Maybe even some this year. But his window is small.
hands11
Banned User

Post#324 » by hands11 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:28 pm

payitforward wrote:
hands11 wrote:
dckingsfan wrote:
Yep, if you can believe it, this is actually the worst rebounding year of his career. He is rebounding like a guard - actually not even that well given his position on the court. Between the rebounding and fouling - he should never see the court. Ugh.

But he is scoring efficiently. 606 and scoring is something we need from the post right now. His TS is .625 and his usage is down from 21.5 to 19.8.

I think Randy is doing his Randy thing where he is sticking with him over 7-10 games to see if he can settle in. He has one part of his game working pretty well. And he is a pretty reliable FT shooter which this team needs more of badly.

But he still has a way to go. The game does appear to be slowing down for him. He is making better decisions on offense. Rebounding is a head scratcher.

Well... we all have our favorites, I suppose, Kevin Seraphin seems to be a favorite of Hands. Only thing, he is a terrible NBA basketball player. I'm glad to see his shot go in, as I would be for any of our players (because I like to win games!), but no we don't need "scoring... from the post right now" or ever if it comes at the expense of the other things KS does and doesn't do (because I like to win games!).

This touches on FAH's (supposed) point that the FO is "lazy" and doesn't want to develop young players -- i.e. Glen Rice. Well, they've put an awful lot of time into "developing" Seraphin! So I don't know if FAH is on the money.

Back to "favorites" -- I don't know what Kevin has done to make himself one, but whatever it is Glen Rice better learn it! :)

Not really. Kevin isn't a favorite of mine. It would be great if he matures and gets better but that begs, what next. What do they do after this season with him ? Signing him to 3-4M over 4 years really doesn't fit the KD plan.

I think its more likely he can be useful this year then Glen. Just saying what I think they are doing and why and where he is improving. I could see them trading him before the trade deadline and picking up a pick for him.

The team need rim protection. They need a big that is more athletic then Nene or Gortat. Well that is Humphries and Kevin for now. Blair can't jump. That leaves Gooden who I personally like. He hustles.

I like the front court depth they have. All the players are different in some way. Its ok for now but I can see them eventually wanting to consolidate if they can. Depth is nice. But so is having a true stud.

Boogie in 2018 is my projected safety net.

For now, just happy they are winning and I see the upside in the team when Beal and Webster return.
Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,097

Post#325 » by Dat2U » Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:58 pm

hands11 wrote:
FAH1223 wrote:
JWizmentality wrote:Also, Glen Rice Jr can kiss his playing time goodbye. We can call him Bench Mafia.

So Wizards.

This guy

RB is a 12 year vet and still showing he can be productive and contribute. If you are a 12 year vet, you did something right. Glen hasn't shown he can even earn minutes. I would feel pretty confident in saying, Glen will not be in the league as long as RB has been.

I guess longevity is a good thing but lets not act like Rasual Butler's career is anything to write home about. He's been a replacement level player for most of his career and its not hard to imagine many former NBDL'ers including Rice out performing his career numbers. In fact, this season so far his numbers are at career highs in many categories, unsustainable numbers for sure. Lets enjoy the 35 yr old playing way above his head but not lose sight that this is a short term mirage.
hands11
Banned User

Post#326 » by hands11 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:50 am

Dat2U wrote:
hands11 wrote:
FAH1223 wrote:

So Wizards.

This guy

I guess longevity is a good thing but lets not act like Rasual Butler's career is anything to write home about. He's been a replacement level player for most of his career and its not hard to imagine many former NBDL'ers including Rice out performing his career numbers. In fact, this season so far his numbers are at career highs in many categories, unsustainable numbers for sure. Lets enjoy the 35 yr old playing way above his head but not lose sight that this is a short term mirage.

I will stick to what I said before. Glen would be lucky to achieve what RB has. Can I imagine it. Sure. Do I think it is likely.

NO

RB has played 12 years and is on his 13th and has 265 career starts out of 692 games.

Glen has a ways to go to catch up with that and on the pace he is on, its not looking good.

Return to Washington Wizards