ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Thread - Wizards vs Pistons (11/12/14)

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

Who will prevail?

Representing the most powerful city in the world....
89%
The dudes from Michigan
11%

Total votes: 18

FreeBalling
Starter
And1: 218

Re: Official Thread - Wizards vs Pistons (11/12/14) 

Post#281 » by FreeBalling » Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:08 am

Missed the game tonight, the stat box shows Wall kicked ass 27 / 11............... very nice.

We are 6-2 now you have to go back to the mid 70s for that record folks. The Baltimore Arena / Capital Center days. :D :D :D
FINAL UPDATE
With full military honors, Master Sgt. James W Holt was laid to rest at Arlington National Cemetery today. May 15
You Are Not Forgotten
RIP Master Sergent Holt :usa:

The ultimate sacrifice http://taskforceomegainc.org/H061.html
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,353

Post#282 » by Kanyewest » Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:16 am

TGW wrote:
WizWillWin wrote:
TGW wrote:A win is a win....I guess.

They better start playing better at home and on defense, or the real NBA teams are going to kick their asses. Just saying.

always gotta be one buzzkill

Hey I think it's awesome we're feeding on the Eastern Conference's garbage...in years past, they would have lost at least 3 of these games. Now they're actually winning them...narrowly.

Too bad they've looked terrible against the two-half decent teams they've played.

I agree they looked terrible against Toronto. Against Miami I would say that they looked alright until Dwayne Wade started doing his thing in the 4th quarter.

Miami and Toronto have looked decent so far plus both of those games the Wizards were on the road. I would qualify Milwaulkee at this point of the season as a half decent team (they are .500 and they beat the Grizzlies).
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager
And1: 3,465

Post#283 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:20 am

Really fun game tonight. With the exception of most of the first, great game flow throughout.

Some of the **** Jennings pulled off tonight was pretty sick-- that fake behind the back layup, the fade away four point play, the alley oop to Drummond. Nasty.

I know it's empty calories... But he can be enjoyable to watch.
In Rizzo we trust
dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 16,005

Post#284 » by dckingsfan » Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:33 am

TGW wrote:A win is a win....I guess.

They better start playing better at home and on defense, or the real NBA teams are going to kick their asses. Just saying.

Yep, agreed. They aren't playing well. Poor D tonight. And they need to improve in many areas. But they will get Beal back and that should help.

Nice to have an easy schedule to start even nicer to have the 6&2.

But your point stands... we don't play better and we aren't going anywhere.
Hidden Eye
Pro Prospect
And1: 370

Post#285 » by Hidden Eye » Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:46 am

long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:Really fun game tonight. With the exception of most of the first, great game flow throughout.

Some of the **** Jennings pulled off tonight was pretty sick-- that fake behind the back layup, the fade away four point play, the alley oop to Drummond. Nasty.

I know it's empty calories... But he can be enjoyable to watch.

SVG rubbing his hands like Birdman when he found out he gets a better version of Jameer Nelson.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,993

Post#286 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:04 am

JWizmentality wrote:Also, Glen Rice Jr can kiss his playing time goodbye. We can call him Bench Mafia.

I take back saying I would rather see Rice play well than Butler play well. Rasual Butler did better than Caron Butler. That's a sign. :)

In the past a former Wizard would have played very well. Glad to see the Wizards won. Rasual won't be losing PT. Rice Jr better learn to cheer the success of others while he waits. If he gets another shot he better have his game on.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using RealGM Forums mobile app
Bye bye Beal.
jangles86
Starter
And1: 939

Post#287 » by jangles86 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:05 am

Wonder if Van Gundy still thinks you can't build a franchise around Wall...
RealGM

Post#288 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:25 am

hands11 wrote:Win

2 more days rest

ORL at home.

3 more days rest

DAL at home

Feeling pretty good about this season so far.

Talk about a feel good season. :)

Best start in 35-40 years. Cake walk schedule when Beal is out. The guys no longer with the Wizards, Ariza and Booker are balling and probably very happy with their teams.

This roster has a deep, rugged frontcourt. Gortat is unsung but worth his money. Humphries is a brute. Poor DeJuan Blair can't even get in the game. They're winning despite/with Seraphin. Wittman dials up Temple who started hot when needed. Randy sits Rice Jr and off the bench gets more and better from Rasual Butler. ... And I still think it's neat having a HOFer like Pierce who wanted in on this team

I am really content.

Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#289 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:48 am

pineappleheadindc wrote:Somebody has to show Wall a game-by-game spreadsheet of Wizards' opponents' PG production (vs their season average). And define for John that being an all star isn't just about what happens on the offensive end of the court.

Wiz opponent PGs are decimating us.

Some of this would be better if Ariza were here. I think Trevor tightened the perimeter up somewhat. Pierce locks his man up well enough but Ariza helped better. The great news the Wizards are tougher than last year and they are beating teams despite getting hurt by opposing guard play.

Despite his defense Wall seems to be leading on offense better than ever.

Bye bye Beal.
ST21
Junior
And1: 1

Post#290 » by ST21 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:54 pm

Buck got caught looking dumb as hell last night. one play in the 2nd quarter hump set a screen for butler and the defender fouled hump while setting the screen, Butler knocks down the 3 and Buckhantz thought it was gonna be a 4 point play, where Butler would get credited for 3 and Hump would get credited for 1 point. seriously buck? :crazy: how can you get a credited for a point w/o scoring? *dead* it was clear it was a foul before the shot. I just thought that funny.
@garretts703 on twitter
dobrojim
RealGM
And1: 3,334

Post#291 » by dobrojim » Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:54 pm

pineappleheadindc wrote:Wow - I come home from work a little late. Turn on the TV...WTF - Wiz down 10 in the 1st.

:nonono:

I was late getting to my seat (effing traffic) and arrived just in time to see us fall behind by 12.

Good solid win though. This is what good teams do, find different ways to win from night to night.
Good depth again with Butler providing great shooting. Couple last minute key possessions from PP,
27-11 from our all star and we got us a win and are still undefeated at home. Wasn't pretty and I
don't much like our scheme of allowing penetration so easily but after a very poor first half defensively,
they only gave up 44 pts in the 2nd half.
A lot of what we call 'thought' is just mental activity

When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression

Those who are convinced of absurdities, can be convinced to commit atrocities
AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,158

Post#292 » by AFM » Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:56 pm

Is this year the turning point for Le Seraphin? Sacre bleu!!!
dobrojim
RealGM

Post#293 » by dobrojim » Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:57 pm

keynote wrote:I will say this, though: I love watching Wall draw fouls at will.

I thought he could of actually drawn a few more FTAs on swallowed whistles.

dobrojim
RealGM

Post#294 » by dobrojim » Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:00 pm

Illmatic12 wrote:
jangles86 wrote:Is Blair completely out of the rotation?

Can't play everybody. I think Blair was on the verge of getting minutes then Seraphin started playing well.

Problem with Blair is he doesn't do enough offensively, maybe when we get Beal/Webster back we can play them with Blair in the second unit. But right now we're probably better with Seraphin's scoring

Blair was also foul proned almost like KS but without the back to the basket game.
My eyes say KS seems better than before. What do your numbers say kev?

Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#295 » by Ruzious » Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:04 pm

AFM wrote:Is this year the turning point for Le Seraphin? Sacre bleu!!!

His shooting has been great, but the rest of his game has been... troublesome. He's somehow fouling at a rate of 8.4 per 40 minutes, and he's at a career-worse at 2 other stats that he was already bad at - rebounding and turnovers.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
dobrojim
RealGM

Post#296 » by dobrojim » Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:07 pm

jangles86 wrote:Our crowd is putrid. No atmosphere at all.

were you there? For a Wed night crowd vs the Pistons, I thought the crowd was
pretty decent. Of course it could always be better but baby steps. At least there
wasn't a cadre of annoying DET fans in evidence.

hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#297 » by hands11 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:10 pm

Scrapping out the Ws

http://www.monumentalnetwork.com/videos ... e-11-12-14

But this team still is only at about 65% as good as it can get.

Otto needs to get it going again. Same with Temple.
http://espn.go.com/nba/player/gamelog/_ ... -porter-jr

Seems like they have done well in having players step up here and there but not all at the same time. I think Hump and R Butler can be steady off the bench. Now its up to Otto, Miller and Kevin to get there.

And between Gortat, Hump and Kevin, they need to protect the rim. If they can't, they need to add one via opening a spot or a trade. Man, if we could have signed Ed Davis that would be great. But he went to LA to get a lot of min and play for a big contract. Khem would be nice if we had an open spot. Adding P Gasol would have been awesome if he was a two year. Should be interesting to see how things work out. Maybe they trade D Blair if they aren't going to use him or maybe he can help. I saw a report that Nene hurt his shoulder so many Blair gets some minutes. Does he protect the rim. Seems like Kevin should be able to do the job. He is young and athletic. But rim protectors are a mind set and usually have long arms. Like a Khem.
dobrojim
RealGM

Post#298 » by dobrojim » Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:13 pm

benb331 wrote:
tontoz wrote:If Rice can't get in the game with Beal out and Temple sucking then when is he ever going to play?

Before the season started, I was sitting at a bar watching the Redskins lose. I spent a whole quarter boasting to my friend about this kid who was going to get a great opportunity to translate his NBADL and summer league success into a breakout NBA season. He had all the opportunity and talent in the world. I swore Rice was going to be a big name in 3 weeks. Then Temple started fast, Rice couldn't hit a shot and was getting rookie called on D. Frustrated, he started yelling at his coach. Season over for the young man. I lost all my hope for him in 2014-15. Hope he gets another shot, but I don't see it happening this year.

I doubt this happens. A year is a really long time. If Rice screws his head back on properly,
works hard in practice, his chance will eventually come. What he does with that chance
remains to be seen.

Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#299 » by Ruzious » Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:19 pm

cammac wrote:Congratulations good teams find ways to win on bad days.

...against bad teams. Give credit to Washington for using smoke and mirrors at the 2 position - getting by with Temple and Butler. This is why some of us said to take Rice's MVP at Vegas with many grains o salt.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
dobrojim
RealGM

Post#300 » by dobrojim » Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:19 pm

bealwithit wrote:Has Wall ever made both free throws in the clutch? It's incredible

first game as a rookie, time basically expired, shoots 3 FTs to send the game into OT
and we win.

Return to Washington Wizards