ImageImageImageImageImage

The Problem that is Nene

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

Dark Faze
Head Coach
And1: 2,011

Re: The Problem that is Nene 

Post#201 » by Dark Faze » Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:53 pm

Nenes being given every chance to succeed--any on the court failings are purely on his shoulders. Complaining about going against backups and preserving his health? I'll excuse last nights efforts because he was matched against Gordon who is Blake Griffin tier athletically and in terms of strength but I better not see that same effort against other units
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,994

Post#202 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:27 am

(see nate33's post, below)

Boogie HIT FOUR THREE POINT SHOTS IN ONE GAME. How many did he have for his freaking career, nate?

You SHOULD know I love you, nate. You're all class and smart as all that .....but you CAN'T say this was a typical Boogie stat pad game. Nah, man.
Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#203 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:27 am

nate33 wrote:
Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:I can blame Wittman for not using Blair at backup C.

Sooner than later I hope Nene plus talent and picks gets DeMarcus Cousins.

Nate: Boogie hit four threes yesterday. He's a Tremendous PF, also. He CAN play with Gortat!

Boogie had a typical Boogie game yesterday. He posted 32 points and 15 boards - fabulous counting stats. But then you look a little deeper and see that he had 8 turnovers, 6 fouls, and his team got outscored by 7 when he was on the floor. (They played the Clippers to a draw when he was off the floor.)

But there's no point in debating you on the subject. There's a reason why nobody plays with 2 plodding big men anymore but you refuse to acknowledge it. You will continue to believe you are right because nobody is ever going to PROVE you wrong by actually playing Cousins at PF. I've got nothing else to say on the matter.

see reply above

EDITED TO ADD: Some how, we're both right, nate. 8 turnovers???? HOWEVER: You can't look at his minus 7 in a vaccuum. How were the rest of the Kings.

Let's keep the debate, even if I DO REFUSE to acknowledge monkey see is the way to monkey do. Just cuz nobody's drafting Millsap at #5 as I said doesn't mean I wasn't right.

I'm the smartest guy in the room more than extremely infrequently. :D
Bye bye Beal.
fishercob
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#204 » by fishercob » Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:11 pm

22 minutes. 9 points on 3 FGA, 8 boards, 4 assists. One turnover; at least one charge taken.

Nene at backup center can be the solution -- a huge boon for this squad.

He was instrumental in the comeback.
"Some people have a way with words....some people....not have way."
— Steve Martin
miller31time
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,125

Post#205 » by miller31time » Sat Oct 31, 2015 3:17 pm

I was most impressed with his rebounding yesterday. Perfect position and used his strength to his advantage.

On offense, he really should make better use of his elite court vision. Last night was one of those games that makes you drop your jaw in how he is able to find cutters with his back to the basket. This shouldn't just be a once-in-a-while type thing.
RealGM

Post#206 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sat Oct 31, 2015 3:42 pm

His unselfish passes and pep in his step show he's a team player who is going to give his best, albeit off the bench.

Great that last night happened so early in the season. Nene's bought in.
Bye bye Beal.
fishercob
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#207 » by fishercob » Sat Oct 31, 2015 3:54 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:His unselfish passes and pep in his step show he's a team player who is going to give his best, albeit off the bench.

Great that last night happened so early in the season. Nene's bought in.

I sure hope so. Part of getting players to buy in is treating playing time as a meritocracy. That's why I was please to see Randy stick with Nene later into the 4th when he really had it going more than Gortat did. The Wizards staged a big run with Gortat and Porter on the bench. If players know that matchups and performance is going to dictate who plays, then they are apt to buy in. I credit Randy for the job he's done these first two games.
"Some people have a way with words....some people....not have way."
— Steve Martin
RealGM

Post#208 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sat Oct 31, 2015 5:32 pm

Randy's at minimum a pretty good coach.
Bye bye Beal.
AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,161

Post#209 » by AFM » Sat Oct 31, 2015 5:32 pm

That Nene Beal Wall Sessions Dudley lineup was DEADLY. Nene can pass out of the post to 4 different shooters. He set up Beal I believe for that 3 that set off the 11-2 run.
WallToWall
Veteran
And1: 937

Post#210 » by WallToWall » Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:48 pm

Nene belongs on the bench. He can be the best center off the bench on any team, if he does what he's supposed to. His days as a PF are over.
J-Ves
Veteran
And1: 1,111

Post#211 » by J-Ves » Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:11 pm

AFM wrote:That Nene Beal Wall Sessions Dudley lineup was DEADLY. Nene can pass out of the post to 4 different shooters. He set up Beal I believe for that 3 that set off the 11-2 run.

It's an interesting lineup, it puts just about all our play makers (sans porter) on the floor. Highly offensive and can defend decently, but man that is a terrible unit for rebounding. You can get away with it if shots are falling, but I wouldn't expect to see it too often.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
RealGM

Post#212 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:25 pm

WallToWall wrote:Nene belongs on the bench. He can be the best center off the bench on any team, if he does what he's supposed to. His days as a PF are over.

He really can be THE best backup C.
Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#213 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:27 pm

J-Ves wrote:
AFM wrote:That Nene Beal Wall Sessions Dudley lineup was DEADLY. Nene can pass out of the post to 4 different shooters. He set up Beal I believe for that 3 that set off the 11-2 run.

It's an interesting lineup, it puts just about all our play makers (sans porter) on the floor. Highly offensive and can defend decently, but man that is a terrible unit for rebounding. You can get away with it if shots are falling, but I wouldn't expect to see it too often.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

That's the "Yuh betta not miss"(!!!), lineup.

Long rebounds only
Bye bye Beal.
dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 16,013

Post#214 » by dckingsfan » Tue Nov 3, 2015 2:59 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:
WallToWall wrote:Nene belongs on the bench. He can be the best center off the bench on any team, if he does what he's supposed to. His days as a PF are over.

He really can be THE best backup C.

I agree, but like most players - he need to be with other players that compliment him?
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#215 » by Ruzious » Tue Nov 3, 2015 5:23 pm

Well, everyone can have a few moments when they look good, but Nene simply can't move like he used to. The feet don't move as quickly, and he can't jump. He could have a good game here and there, but I think he's virtually done.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams

Return to Washington Wizards