ImageImageImageImageImage

GT #15: Pelicans @ Wizards 7:00 PM (CSN/99.1 FM) [11/29/14]

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

The winner will BE...

Reppin' the most powerful city in the world!
71%
Flying Birds from NOLA
29%

Total votes: 7

FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,969

GT #15: Pelicans @ Wizards 7:00 PM (CSN/99.1 FM) [11/29/14] 

Post#1 » by FAH1223 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:50 am

HAPPY TURKEY DAY :clap:

YOUR Washington Bullets are 9-5! Back to back HORRIBLE losses to the Hawks and Cavs have shown the Wizards to SUCK at rotations, lack communication, and play even more horrible offense than ever could be imagined. Randy Wittman basketball is back in force ten fold with the long two being taken at record rates and the Wizards guards of Wall/Beal being low impact positively and disappearing from games or just turning the ball over.

Paul Pierce seems to be the one with the most heart playing on the court!

They play the Pelicans at home to start a home stand. Without Nene though, it seems that future MVP Anthony Davis will dominate the paint unless Gortat and co. grow a pair and start moving their feet on pick and roll defense and guarding the rim. Evans and Holiday might combine for 70 if the Wizard don't start playing defense.

Nene's absence has shown how pathetic things get for the Wizards.

Pelicans play the Hawks on Friday. Score will be updated afterwards!

-------------------------AT-------------------------
Last game:
Wizards vs. Cavs (L) 87-113
Pelicans vs. Hawks (L) 91-100

Lineups:

ImageImage

Image Image

Image Image

ImageImage

Image Image

Bench:

ImageImage

Image Image

ImageImage

Image Image

Image Image

ImageImage

ImageImage
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,348

Re: GT #15: Pelicans @ Wizards 7:30 PM (CSN/99.1 FM) [11/29/ 

Post#2 » by Kanyewest » Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:06 am

Please keep making the game threads so we don't have to see those Bulls cheerleaders.
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager
And1: 3,464

Post#3 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:19 pm

Free throws conceded and fast break points.

Second team ineptitude.

These are some of the dominos falling from Nene's absence.

When we aren't good on defense, we foul a lot, don't get stops and subsequently can't get out on the break.

Compounding that is that in our half court sets, we don't have any real beef ... hump is a perimeter player, so we can't go inside, outside.

Our second team, without Hump is not great.

Nene drives me crazy at times, but without him, our chances of winning games like this one are significantly diminished.
In Rizzo we trust
cammac
General Manager
And1: 6,216

Post#4 » by cammac » Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:53 pm

Time to get back n the saddle and get a win with pride!!!!!!!
nuposse04
RealGM
And1: 2,439

Post#5 » by nuposse04 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:38 pm

Wouldn't be surprised if Davis dropped 40 on us.
JudBuchler
Rookie
And1: 787

Post#6 » by JudBuchler » Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:39 pm

jrue will probably rip us apart like most pgs do

Davis gets goes for 30 and 15

wiz win though by 5
pineappleheadindc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,479

Post#7 » by pineappleheadindc » Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:44 pm

Kanyewest wrote:Please keep making the game threads so we don't have to see those Bulls cheerleaders.

:nonono:
"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart."
--Confucius

"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try"
- Yoda
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,883

Post#8 » by TGW » Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:51 pm

This is going to be a tough one. Anthony Davis is the real deal. A potential hall of fame player. Im not feeling god about this one.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using RealGM Forums mobile app
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
nuposse04
RealGM
And1: 2,439

Post#9 » by nuposse04 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:30 pm

TGW wrote:This is going to be a tough one. Anthony Davis is the real deal. A potential hall of fame player. Im not feeling god about this one.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using RealGM Forums mobile app

Even if Nene doesn't play this one I think we can get this one. Pelicans are improved, they have a great borderline excellent 3 man big rotation but I think their guards aren't all that...scary. It'll be on the starting wing players to secure a victory, and I think this will prove to be a decent opportunity to break outta the slump.

It will not be easy though. Hump is going to have nightmares about the brow.
Sluggerface
Bench Warmer
And1: 510

Post#10 » by Sluggerface » Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:54 pm

long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:Free throws conceded and fast break points.

Second team ineptitude.

When we aren't good on defense, we foul a lot, don't get stops and subsequently can't get out on the break.

Compounding that is that in our half court sets, we don't have any real beef ... hump is a perimeter player, so we can't go inside, outside.

Nene drives me crazy at times, but without him, our chances of winning games like this one are significantly diminished.

The fact that this team relies on Nene's defense is incredibly infuriating, especially given the fact that he's been pretty horrible offensively so far. I wish EG would trade him for somebody like Ilyasova, I really do, but he'll never do it.

Also, Randy's aversion to playing small ball throughout all of this has been INFURIATING. He waited until the game was out of hand to match Atlanta, and he played Pierce all of 2 minutes at the 4 against the Cavs. When you watch them go small, you can tell that a lot of guys don't know where to go and are mostly free styling, which tells me that Randy doesn't even devote sufficient practice time to running a small lineup. **** makes me want to puke. It's really really telling that all of our losses (save one) so far have been BLOWOUTS against teams that place a premium on floor spacing. We don't have an elite post presence to take advantage of a teams lack of size, so there's little point in continuing to attempt to bully (and fail) against teams, either that or he swaps out players with the exact same skill set and try to get a hot hand. Randy's response to this so far has been "herp derp work harder". This old school approach isn't good enough to win at this level. Sure, we'll get by based on the talent we have in a weak conference, but if we run into Cleveland or Toronto we are going to get SLAUGHTERED. I'm not sure we'd even make the playoffs in the West.
TheBabyMaker
Starter
And1: 852

Post#11 » by TheBabyMaker » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:26 am

Anthony Davis is going to get his, the guards are what I am worried about. Time for a quality win.
pineappleheadindc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#12 » by pineappleheadindc » Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:22 am

Atlanta up 71-56 over the Pelicans in the 4th as I type this. Perhaps the Hawks are better than we gave them credit for. Hopefully they tired out New Orleans tonight for the Wizards tomorrow night.

--Confucius

- Yoda
JWizmentality
RealGM
And1: 5,093

Post#13 » by JWizmentality » Sat Nov 29, 2014 4:38 am

Sluggerface wrote:

Second team ineptitude.

The fact that this team relies on Nene's defense is incredibly infuriating, especially given the fact that he's been pretty horrible offensively so far. I wish EG would trade him for somebody like Ilyasova, I really do, but he'll never do it.

Also, Randy's aversion to playing small ball throughout all of this has been INFURIATING. He waited until the game was out of hand to match Atlanta, and he played Pierce all of 2 minutes at the 4 against the Cavs. When you watch them go small, you can tell that a lot of guys don't know where to go and are mostly free styling, which tells me that Randy doesn't even devote sufficient practice time to running a small lineup. **** makes me want to puke. It's really really telling that all of our losses (save one) so far have been BLOWOUTS against teams that place a premium on floor spacing. We don't have an elite post presence to take advantage of a teams lack of size, so there's little point in continuing to attempt to bully (and fail) against teams, either that or he swaps out players with the exact same skill set and try to get a hot hand. Randy's response to this so far has been "herp derp work harder". This old school approach isn't good enough to win at this level. Sure, we'll get by based on the talent we have in a weak conference, but if we run into Cleveland or Toronto we are going to get SLAUGHTERED. I'm not sure we'd even make the playoffs in the West.

Two game losing streak and the Ersan fanclub is back in full force. :roll:
pineappleheadindc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#14 » by pineappleheadindc » Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:21 pm

Let's go Wiz-ards! Clap, clap, clap-clap-clap!

--Confucius

- Yoda
Sluggerface
Bench Warmer
And1: 510

Post#15 » by Sluggerface » Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:32 pm

JWizmentality wrote:
Sluggerface wrote:

Second team ineptitude.

Two game losing streak and the Ersan fanclub is back in full force. :roll:

Not even, you can replace Nene with at least 10 other guys and it would be more beneficial to this team. I only brought up Ilyasova because he's getting phased out in Milwaukee due to the presence of Jabari Parker and is obtainable.
jangles86
Starter
And1: 939

Post#16 » by jangles86 » Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:15 pm

No nene again. This guy being injured so much is starting to get on my nerves.
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,969

Post#17 » by FAH1223 » Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:21 pm

jangles86 wrote:No nene again. This guy being injured so much is starting to get on my nerves.

Nene is only good for 60 games a year, where you been?

This is his 3rd game missed due to the foot
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,992

Post#18 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:11 am

I as still wrong to be against the trade that sent McGee and others and returned Nene.

I thought he would miss a lot of games injured, but he's given a decent amount to the culture improvement and the turnaround of the team. He's been effective when healthy.

That said, he's slowing a lot.
Bye bye Beal.
pineappleheadindc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Re: GT #15: Pelicans @ Wizards 7:00 PM (CSN/99.1 FM) [11/29/ 

Post#19 » by pineappleheadindc » Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:15 am

Hump not hitting the shots he used to hit

--Confucius