ImageImageImageImageImage

GT #27: Bulls @ Wizards 7 PM (CSN/99.1 FM) 12/23/2014

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

THE WINNER IS

Reppin the most powerful city in the world...
20%
CHI-COLDGo
80%

Total votes: 15

hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Re: GT #27: Bulls @ Wizards 7 PM (CSN/99.1 FM) 12/23/2014 

Post#301 » by hands11 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 5:26 pm

nate33 wrote:I also think there is a bit too much second guessing.

Starting Humphries and bringing Nene off the bench has worked very well for the last 12 games. You don't switch it because it doesn't work once.

The Wall isolations during 2 consecutive plays down the stretch weren't by design. The Wizards ran their sets and the Bulls switched. Typically, when a PG gets in isolation against an opposing center, that's a good thing. It's not quite so good when that PG is a mediocre shooter like Wall, and the opposing center is one of the best position defenders in the league. You can blame Wall, but you can't blame Randy. If the Bulls are willing to switch the screens, that's the kind of matchup that's going to happen.

The real problem here, as Hands pointed out, is that our team still has some holes. Everybody knows we need a quick young backup PG. And we could also use a quick-leaping athletic presence on the front line. The PG was a hole we should have filled. Those guys are available. I can accept that athletic bigs that can play are fairly rare commodities and that one wasn't easily obtainable while also being affordable and on a short contract.

I really hope we start to see more of Pierce at stretch four. I can understand why Randy didnt' try it against Chicago with Gibson out there, but against a lot of teams, it should work well.

Man, Gibson is a great player. I love that guy.

I think you nailed it Nate.

It is what it is for now. The team is still developing. Considering they transitioned from TA last year ( a starter ) and Webster hasn't been available yet, I think they have done pretty well.

They added PP, Hump, Blair, and Miller was added late last year. They let go of/lost TA and Booker.

I think they adjusted well to that. But there is more work to do for sure. And we knew there would be a transition period where others would need to step up.
Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,097

Post#302 » by Dat2U » Wed Dec 24, 2014 5:30 pm

Zonkerbl wrote:And he is still awful. Kevin's defensive rotations last night were AWFUL.

Can't believe he's playing over Blair.

Yep and why no Humphries at C either? It seems as if Wittman feels like he has to play Seraphin because there's no viable alternative?
Nivek
Head Coach
And1: 959

Post#303 » by Nivek » Wed Dec 24, 2014 5:58 pm

Dat2U wrote:
Zonkerbl wrote:And he is still awful. Kevin's defensive rotations last night were AWFUL.

Yep and why no Humphries at C either? It seems as if Wittman feels like he has to play Seraphin because there's no viable alternative?

Nenê and Blair would seem to be better alternatives. Maybe Blair needs to start taking more 18 footers in scrimmages so he can get more playing time.
"A lot of what we call talent is the desire to practice."
-- Malcolm Gladwell

Check out my blog about the Wizards, movies, writing, music, TV, sports, and whatever else comes to mind.
hands11
Banned User

Post#304 » by hands11 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:32 pm

Dat2U wrote:

We don't know the end game. Maybe they are shopping him. Not like Blair and Gooden won't be there after that if that's what they are doing and its not like they need playing time to develop. And if that is what they are doing, Blair and Gooden should be fresh and ready to role when other player might have tired legs.

Its a long season.
Dark Faze
Head Coach
And1: 2,011

Post#305 » by Dark Faze » Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:17 pm

I agree we're mostly second guessing after a tough loss, but I would like to see Otto developed more. Especially when you know Rasual is going to be looking to cash out from his performance with us. And we'd be stupid to give him the Webster treatment.
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Post#306 » by FAH1223 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:53 pm

Nivek wrote:
Dat2U wrote:

Nenê and Blair would seem to be better alternatives. Maybe Blair needs to start taking more 18 footers in scrimmages so he can get more playing time.

LOL :D
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,926

Post#307 » by tontoz » Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:53 pm

Dark Faze wrote:I agree we're mostly second guessing after a tough loss, but I would like to see Otto developed more. Especially when you know Rasual is going to be looking to cash out from his performance with us. And we'd be stupid to give him the Webster treatment.

Given that we still have major needs inside and at backup point it probably wasn't that smart to give Webster the Webster treatment.
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
CobraCommander
RealGM
And1: 13,913

Post#308 » by CobraCommander » Thu Dec 25, 2014 4:49 am

Zonkerbl wrote:I don't understand why Wall didn't drive by the big guarding him once he'd drawn him that far out from the basket. He settled for jumpers three times in a row and that was game.

Wall has to keep shooting that jumper to keep the defense honest. It's a 82 game season and Wall can get better- I'd rather he shoot then have him pass up open shots like he did in the playoffs.

Guys are overacting to Walls play when honestly if he didn't go off in the 4th quarter we would not even be in this game. we should be more concerned with where the heck did Beal go down the stretch. If Rose is healthy and engaged we can only hope Wall and Rose play to a draw. I love Wall but Rose is the youngest MVP in the history of the league! We should be happy that Wall can play at or even close to the rose his level now. What we need is Beal to make that leap like Butler did or we have no chance against the Bulls- at every position they are as good or better than we are. This L isn't on Wall entirely. in the end he tried to play hero ball against Rose because The rest of the wiz disappeared -

If they take this as a learning experience we will be better for it-
hands11
Banned User

Post#309 » by hands11 » Thu Dec 25, 2014 7:01 am

Dat2U wrote:
hands11 wrote:
I like Otto so I wouldn't mind that. But he has to force the issue as I see it. This the NBA. Things are not always handed to you. To often he floats around like Ves would. He needs to be more of an impact. I'm fine with glue guys and I know Otto is young. But the team could really benefit from him playing more like OttoMatic.

I am not down on Otto. I think he has a future. But as I laid out before, his time might be running thinner. You might not agree, but that's what I see. Webster will get some minutes. Maybe they will go smaller more and those will be Kevin's minutes. Maybe not. I think it will be a mixed bag. Specially closer to the playoffs. But for the record, I wanted him to get more minutes last year so he was ready for the playoffs. I thought they could have utilized him and needed what he could add.

But Otto needs to make his case. And Beal needs to steep it up as well.

That's how this teams future will look brighter.

Not sure there an anything to disagree with here. We are just painting the picture of what is in front of us.

So Otto's time is running out in his 2nd season (he still hasn't gotten 1,000 minutes in the NBA under his belt) but Seraphin gets 5 years (4,500 minutes+) to try to figure it out. Can you understand why that makes no sense on any level?

It makes no sense because thats not what I said. Go read again. Dude, how in the world did you find a way to twist that into and disagreement and close it which a statement like.. can understand why that makes no sense on any level? Your reply is what doesn't make any sense. Neither in tone or content, not my post.
Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,097

Post#310 » by Dat2U » Thu Dec 25, 2014 7:13 am

hands11 wrote:
Dat2U wrote:
hands11 wrote:
I like Otto so I wouldn't mind that. But he has to force the issue as I see it. This the NBA. Things are not always handed to you. To often he floats around like Ves would. He needs to be more of an impact. I'm fine with glue guys and I know Otto is young. But the team could really benefit from him playing more like OttoMatic.

I am not down on Otto. I think he has a future. But as I laid out before, his time might be running thinner. You might not agree, but that's what I see. Webster will get some minutes. Maybe they will go smaller more and those will be Kevin's minutes. Maybe not. I think it will be a mixed bag. Specially closer to the playoffs. But for the record, I wanted him to get more minutes last year so he was ready for the playoffs. I thought they could have utilized him and needed what he could add.

But Otto needs to make his case. And Beal needs to steep it up as well.

That's how this teams future will look brighter.

Not sure there an anything to disagree with here. We are just painting the picture of what is in front of us.

So Otto's time is running out in his 2nd season (he still hasn't gotten 1,000 minutes in the NBA under his belt) but Seraphin gets 5 years (4,500 minutes+) to try to figure it out. Can you understand why that makes no sense on any level?

It makes no sense because thats not what I said. Go read again.

Dude, you've said Otto's time was running out on at least 3 occasions already this season yet you've argued for continued patience with KSLife to the point of suggesting development that really isn't there.
hands11
Banned User

Post#311 » by hands11 » Thu Dec 25, 2014 2:53 pm

^^^ You still aren't making any sense, I've seen this act before. Not interested in playing. You took a perfectly friendly and agreeable post and are twisting what I said and arguing against your twisting, common facts and common sense. Clearly you have no interest in an honest friendly exchange here. I'll keep that in mind moving forward. Hey, I tried. Seems you are more interesting in playing games then an honest exchange.

Return to Washington Wizards