Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Re: GT 36: CHI at Wiz January 9th 8pm 

Post#421 » by hands11 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:45 pm

dlts20 wrote:
Kanyewest wrote:
dlts20 wrote:just remember last time we lost to the Hawks & Bulls b2b so its only right for this time we beat them both b2b. They have been playing great but you can lose the mo at any time and I feel like that 4th quarter against the Pistons could be the start of them going in a lil funk but it is a day game so we probably get blown out. On the other hand its at 3 and not 12 so I think we can play well and we will be motivated

The Pistons are playing great ball right now. Even the Spurs and Mavericks went into a 4th quarter funk against them.

oh I know but the difference is the Pistons were winning those games and Atl was blowing Det out. Now that could make it easier for a team to let some go but the old saying is "big mo aint got no friends" and if you get in a lil funk, it can carry over. The Hawks were on a groove that was out of this world and they are a great team but no one can stay in a groove that long

I would be interesting in knowing if it was MO or did DET figure something out. And if they did, can we replicate it.

If Nene and Gortat can handle Horford and Millsap and Beal brings the Jimmy defense, I think Wall can handle the rest.

A little Rasual from 3. Some Hump. Webby in the wings if we need him.

Oddly, the key might be Schroder. Do we need to go all Temple on him ? Otto ? I think Otto might be the answer. We used to throw TA on players like that. TA shut down DJ in the playoffs.

Hopefully Randy is ready to dust off the OttoMan and let him go defend their quicker guard bench.

That is one of the few remaining holes on this team.
pineappleheadindc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,479

Post#422 » by pineappleheadindc » Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:45 pm

I'm watching the game again on my DVR.

I swear, Nene has a personal hatred for his girlfriend Joakim Noah. It's personal. He just doesn't like the amateur posing, bush-league yelling after every routine play, overrated pretender. Even last year, when his girlfriend was named by the slobbering ESPN-propaganda led "experts" as Defensive Player of the Year, Nene ate him alive in the playoffs.

At the end of the game, Nene scored on Noah then just stared him down and muttered: "B*tch, go make me a sandwich."

Nene > Noah.

:nod:
"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart."
--Confucius

"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try"
- Yoda
hands11
Banned User

Post#423 » by hands11 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:58 pm

pineappleheadindc wrote:I'm watching the game again on my DVR.

I swear, Nene has a personal hatred for his girlfriend Joakim Noah. It's personal. He just doesn't like the amateur posing, bush-league yelling after every routine play, overrated pretender. Even last year, when his girlfriend was named by the slobbering ESPN-propaganda led "experts" as Defensive Player of the Year, Nene ate him alive in the playoffs.

At the end of the game, Nene scored on Noah then just stared him down and muttered: "B*tch, go make me a sandwich."

Nene > Noah.

Ok, hopefully no one gets their undies in a bundle saying we are being sexist or anything. Just having some fun being dudes. For the record. I have no problem with women having some fun with this stuff either. Well, as long as my sandwich is made. :wink:

But after this post, I had to Google that and found this.

http://www.bitchmakemeasandwich.com/

How awesome it that. Someone bought the URL just to post that and and a donate button. :lol:
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,704

Post#424 » by montestewart » Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:37 pm

hands11 wrote:

Nene > Noah.

Ok, hopefully no one gets their undies in a bundle saying we are being sexiest or anything.

Sexiest usually gets my undies in a bundle. You think you got what it takes?
AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,160

Post#425 » by AFM » Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:16 pm

montestewart wrote:
hands11 wrote:

Nene > Noah.

Ok, hopefully no one gets their undies in a bundle saying we are being sexiest or anything.

What are you wearing right now?
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,704

Post#426 » by montestewart » Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:02 pm

AFM wrote:
montestewart wrote:
hands11 wrote:

Depends. Whose asking?
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,873

Post#427 » by payitforward » Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:18 pm

You guys are funny. That was a great win. Nene played a fantastic!! game.

Then again, if I believe you and think Noah isn't much of a player, what's the big deal that Nene dominated him? In fact, Noah is a terrific player -- that's why it is so freaking awesome that Nene dominated him.

I'm wearing Carhartt denims, btw. Once you wear Carhartt you don't want to wear anything else. You have more time to be smart about basketball. This is my edge on you, Hands: Carhartt is my edge.
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,160

Post#428 » by AFM » Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:13 am

montestewart wrote:
AFM wrote:
montestewart wrote:Sexiest usually gets my undies in a bundle. You think you got what it takes?

Depends. Whose asking?

You can call me Evadney.
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,926

Post#429 » by tontoz » Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:27 am

montestewart wrote:
AFM wrote:
montestewart wrote:Sexiest usually gets my undies in a bundle. You think you got what it takes?

Depends. Whose asking?

Depends? i didn't think you were that old.
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
nuposse04
RealGM
And1: 2,439

Post#430 » by nuposse04 » Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:18 am

payitforward wrote:You guys are funny. That was a great win. Nene played a fantastic!! game.

Then again, if I believe you and think Noah isn't much of a player, what's the big deal that Nene dominated him? In fact, Noah is a terrific player -- that's why it is so freaking awesome that Nene dominated him.

I'm wearing Carhartt denims, btw. Once you wear Carhartt you don't want to wear anything else. You have more time to be smart about basketball. This is my edge on you, Hands: Carhartt is my edge.

I don't know if Noah's game translates to consistent use in playoff basketball. He can hit a jumper every now and then but he has very little post moves and really only is a threat on put backs. So long as a team has bigs that can box him out in playoff basketball, I don't see how the Bulls advance past ECF (if they get there). He's still a great defender against finesse bigs.

I also still believe the sum of Chicago's parts is better then each individual part.

One guy who deserves loads of kudos tho is Pau. I wrote him off for dead, but man, he is playing like the best big in the east. Its weird as hell.
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,354

Post#431 » by Kanyewest » Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:38 am

I find Noah's style of play annoying. Noah tends to push people in the back when he rebounds. But when people do it to him he exaggerates it and yells to draw the foul. Same thing goes when he tried to draw a foul late by flailing his arms when he shoots and on the next possession he starts grabbing Nene.
hands11
Banned User

Post#432 » by hands11 » Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:16 am

Kanyewest wrote:I find Noah's style of play annoying. Noah tends to push people in the back when he rebounds. But when people do it to him he exaggerates it and yells to draw the foul. Same thing goes when he tried to draw a foul late by flailing his arms when he shoots and on the next possession he starts grabbing Nene.

Yes.. Noah = Annoying.

So should be interesting to see how CLE gels with these new players.
dobrojim
RealGM
And1: 3,334

Post#433 » by dobrojim » Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:19 am

Rafael122 wrote:
pineappleheadindc wrote:Okay, in all seriousness. Rose seems to have lost something.

I wonder if he needs to be moved to the 2? (If he gets his shot back). Not immediately, but perhaps next season.

He's a horrible shooter. He keeps saying "just wait and see in two months." He's got a broken jumpshot, is that going to be fixed?

His jumper is what the defense wants him to take, this is true. But he has great touch, Parker-esque I daresay,
in the paint and around the rim.
A lot of what we call 'thought' is just mental activity

When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression

Those who are convinced of absurdities, can be convinced to commit atrocities
dangermouse
Lead Assistant
And1: 814

Post#434 » by dangermouse » Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:32 am

long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:
NatP4 wrote:but why would the pacers want Mahinmi's contract

Well, in fairness, we took Mike Pence off their hands. Taking back Mahinmi is the least they can do.
Higga
Lead Assistant
And1: 831

Post#435 » by Higga » Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:37 pm

Kanyewest wrote:I find Noah's style of play annoying. Noah tends to push people in the back when he rebounds. But when people do it to him he exaggerates it and yells to draw the foul. Same thing goes when he tried to draw a foul late by flailing his arms when he shoots and on the next possession he starts grabbing Nene.

Nene is like that guy in the pick up game who has absolutely no skill and just grabs, pushes, and shoves all the time. Then you factor in the flopping and just general annoyance about him and you Noah.

Watching him with the ball in his hand is just so laughable. Guy has the least refined offensive skill I've seen for a "premier" player.
Eric Maynor is the worst basketball player I've ever seen.

Return to Washington Wizards