ImageImageImageImageImage

GT #38: Spurs @ Wizards 7 PM (CSN/NBATV/99.1 FM) [1/13/15)

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

Who wins?

Reppin' the most powerful city in the world
56%
The old boys from the Riverwalk
44%

Total votes: 9

Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,993

Re: GT #38: Spurs @ Wizards 7 PM (CSN/NBATV/99.1 FM) [1/13/15) 

Post#221 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:52 am

Cicero, you're engaging though you're bordering on trolling.

The top of the East has been defeating the top of the West. Check your facts.

You are emoting. I don't know if you're very juvenile or you're under the influence or if you've got issues. Don't care. I've got issues myself.

I don't exactly know what your point is ...
Bye bye Beal.
Cicero
Junior
And1: 156

Post#222 » by Cicero » Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:53 am

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:Cicero, you're engaging though you're bordering on trolling.

You are emoting. I don't know if you're very juvenile or you're under the influence or if you've got issues. Don't care. I've got issues myself.

What was your point, tard? You agreed with my initial point about how **** the Spurs are going to be from the Kawhi injuries and then decided to pile on with your rah rah mouthbreathing idiots when they started labeling me with their "US VS. THEM" bull because your feelings got hurt from me pointing out how initially stupid your thoughts on basketball were.

though honestly like, I shouldn't talk **** about ALL fanbases because basically every other team forum I posted on was better than this silly pathetic tripe, I was critiquing and talking basketball up in the Cavs and Thunder forums and I didn't instantly get dudes going "DURRR U ATTACK TEAM??? GO TEAMM!!!!!"
80sballboy
RealGM
And1: 5,650

Post#223 » by 80sballboy » Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:55 am

Cicero wrote:
Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:
FreeBalling wrote:
Go ahead and vent, it's very therapeutic.

It's like those stages of accepting death. Isn't denial part of the deal? Cicero kinda knows the Wizards are going to start beating the Spurs on the regular now ... He's pointing to the absence of Leonard but not acknowledging Parker, Ginobili, and Duncan couldn't deal with Seraphin .... SERAPHIN. :D

I would vent, too.

FreeBalling wrote:
Cicero wrote:I like how some people are so stupid they think that missing the Finals MVP and lynchpin of the Spurs defense isn't 99.5% of the reason "they're on the downside". There's no way they beat the Heat last year without Kawhi Leonard, let alone make the Finals, yet we've still got clueless boobs going "DURRR WHAT'S GOING ON WIT DA SPURS, GUESS DEYRE DONE NOW!!!! WHO'S KAWHI LEONARD???"

Great win for the Wiz though.

ugh, what a bunch of lames, I'm a fan of basketball (sorry if that blows your minds), you instantly assume I'm a Spurs fan or some **** because I start talking about facts you don't agree with. I completely agree the Spurs are going to be **** because of their injuries, you mouthbreathing fanboy tards, it's because Chocolate initially was denying that it was obviously the impact from Kawhi. He even conceded that point afterwards. The thing is the Spurs are **** even if Leonard comes back, cuz last I heard that hand injury might need summer surgery.
I hate talking basketball with fanboys. :roll: lol tards. they always turn it into some RAH RAH Us vs. Them bull because they're not really fans of basketball, just your generic DURRRR GO TEAM fanboys. No different from the giant international Laker fanbase or Heat fans that everyone likes to rag on.
lmao at how pumped you guys get from winning season games though, I guess you gotta take what scraps you can get since whoever gets out of the West (DEFINITELY NOT THE SPURS) would probably sweep the Wiz (if they even get out of the ECF LOL). Put that **** on an arena banner or something, "Beat the Spurs". Are you guys planning a celebration ceremony? Maybe pass some rings out for that **** lmao. All the team fanbases can get bad enough but then you deal with fanboys whose teams haven't even had a scrap of success and they lose their goddamn minds over the regular season. This is why you don't give a mouse a cookie. :lol: later tards

Classy post. How old are you? Ten?
Cicero
Junior

Post#224 » by Cicero » Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:55 am

80sballboy wrote:
Cicero wrote:
It's like those stages of accepting death. Isn't denial part of the deal? Cicero kinda knows the Wizards are going to start beating the Spurs on the regular now ... He's pointing to the absence of Leonard but not acknowledging Parker, Ginobili, and Duncan couldn't deal with Seraphin .... SERAPHIN. :D

I would vent, too.

FreeBalling wrote:

ugh, what a bunch of lames, I'm a fan of basketball (sorry if that blows your minds), you instantly assume I'm a Spurs fan or some **** because I start talking about facts you don't agree with. I completely agree the Spurs are going to be **** because of their injuries, you mouthbreathing fanboy tards, it's because Chocolate initially was denying that it was obviously the impact from Kawhi. He even conceded that point afterwards. The thing is the Spurs are **** even if Leonard comes back, cuz last I heard that hand injury might need summer surgery.
I hate talking basketball with fanboys. :roll: lol tards. they always turn it into some RAH RAH Us vs. Them bull because they're not really fans of basketball, just your generic DURRRR GO TEAM fanboys. No different from the giant international Laker fanbase or Heat fans that everyone likes to rag on.
lmao at how pumped you guys get from winning season games though, I guess you gotta take what scraps you can get since whoever gets out of the West (DEFINITELY NOT THE SPURS) would probably sweep the Wiz (if they even get out of the ECF LOL). Put that **** on an arena banner or something, "Beat the Spurs". Are you guys planning a celebration ceremony? Maybe pass some rings out for that **** lmao. All the team fanbases can get bad enough but then you deal with fanboys whose teams haven't even had a scrap of success and they lose their goddamn minds over the regular season. This is why you don't give a mouse a cookie. :lol: later tards

Classy post. How old are you? Ten?

blahblahblah

I appreciate your comment. Sure you're right ....

FreeBalling wrote:
Cicero wrote:I like how some people are so stupid they think that missing the Finals MVP and lynchpin of the Spurs defense isn't 99.5% of the reason "they're on the downside". There's no way they beat the Heat last year without Kawhi Leonard, let alone make the Finals, yet we've still got clueless boobs going "DURRR WHAT'S GOING ON WIT DA SPURS, GUESS DEYRE DONE NOW!!!! WHO'S KAWHI LEONARD???"

Great win for the Wiz though.

I would vent, too.

exhibit of a dumbass :lol: "WAIT MY BROS ARE BACKING ME UP NOW??? OKKKK"

hey idiots, I wasn't attacking your team, I wasn't supporting the Spurs, I was trying to talk basketball.
whatever though, now I know that the Wizards team forum isn't really a place where you can talk basketball without fanboys jumping all over your ass, unlike the other team forums I've been on here thankfully. I'd theorize that it comes from a difference in fanbase insecurity but ****, I got better less-kneejerk treatment from Cavs fans, so it must just be something in the water.
RealGM

Post#225 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:58 am

Cicero wrote:
Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:Cicero, you're engaging though you're bordering on trolling.

What was your point, tard? You agreed with my initial point about how **** the Spurs are going to be from the Kawhi injuries and then decided to pile on with your rah rah mouthbreathing idiots when they started labeling me with their "US VS. THEM" bull because your feelings got hurt from me pointing out how initially stupid your thoughts on basketball were.

though honestly like, I shouldn't talk **** about ALL fanbases because basically every other team forum I posted on was better than this silly pathetic tripe, I was critiquing and talking basketball up in the Cavs and Thunder forums and I didn't instantly get dudes going "DURRR U ATTACK TEAM??? GO TEAMM!!!!!"

:)
Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#226 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:00 am

Cicero wrote:

FreeBalling wrote:

I would vent, too.

hey idiots, I wasn't attacking your team, I wasn't supporting the Spurs, I was trying to talk basketball.

Cicero, thank you for allowing me to be the better man.

Be well.
Bye bye Beal.
Cicero
Junior

Post#227 » by Cicero » Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:01 am

Cicero wrote:

I would vent, too.

Cicero, thank you for allowing me to be the better man.

Be well.

Chocolate City Jordanaire, thank you for allowing me to be the better man.

Be well.

I'm off to every other team forum with less **** insecurity. :lol: "WHAT'D U SAY BOUT DA WIZ??? YOU MUST BE SPURS FAN !!!!! BUHHHH GO TEAMM"
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#228 » by hands11 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:04 am

Hey Cicero

Not jumping into the fray but wanted to add a comment.

Wizards got their butts kicked down the stretch against ATL last game.
They hadn't beaten the Spurs in 17 games. That's a lot of games. It was the longest active losing streak to a team in the league.

We just pulled out a pretty close win in my book. Against the Spurs. After losing 17 straight. After getting whooped last game.

Might expect that immediately after that, fans of the team might want to celebrate that a little.

Take that into perceptive. Give is a sec. People hear will talk objectively. Right now they are enjoying the win.

As for whatever lead to the heated exchange here, I didn't read it. But no need to get all pissed and go after Chocolate City Jordanaire with the name calling. Chocolate City Jordanaire is a cool dude and doesn't need or deserve that. I'll leave it at that.
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,528

Post#229 » by closg00 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:08 am

JWizmentality wrote:How I wish Kevin played like this every night...sigh.

On a another note...the John Wall floater though...could it possibly be?!?!?

Other teams that we have faced have been getter prepared for Kevin's game, surprising considering we were going against a POP team. Was Kevin doubled tonight?
pineappleheadindc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,479

Post#230 » by pineappleheadindc » Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:10 am

This is why I appreciate all you regular guys here and this board.

Everywhere else on RealGM, this dude is suspended. No such call from the usuals of the Wizards board for similar action -- though It would have been my first instinct.

Patience and tolerance -- stuff you guys are good at. And it reflects well on all of you. You *can* judge a poster's character by their words.

On the the next win, guys.
"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart."
--Confucius

"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try"
- Yoda
hands11
Banned User

Post#231 » by hands11 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:12 am

closg00 wrote:

Other teams that we have faced have been getter prepared for Kevin's game, surprising considering we were going against a POP team. Was Kevin doubled tonight?

Not that I saw. I think SAS was just playing their base defense. I could be wrong but I don't recall seeing him doubled.

He got two baskets at the rim on rebounds.
One on a double pump fake one dribble to just below the key.
One on a right side using the Kevin hook.

Thats 4 or the 6 made shots.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,704

Post#232 » by montestewart » Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:17 am

Cicero wrote:I'm off to every other team forum with less **** insecurity. "WHAT'D U SAY BOUT DA WIZ???

They're all busting at the seams, waiting for the best poster named after a suburb of Chicago to drop by and let them know what's what. Those posters who have a mentally (Please Use More Appropriate Word) relative surely miss you most of all. Come back anytime Krisko Wizardry Degenerate. Sweet sweat emanates from your seminal words.

PS: I'm glad CCJ has embraced a religion of peace because, sweet Jesus, you called him CHOCOLATE!
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#233 » by montestewart » Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:21 am

hands11 wrote:
closg00 wrote:

Not that I saw. I think SAS was just playing their base defense. I could be wrong but I don't recall seeing him doubled.

He got two baskets at the rim on rebounds.
One of a double pump fake one dribble to just below the key.
One on a right side using the Kevin hook.

Thats 4 or the 6 made shots.

Yeah, not as a tactic, but he definitely had to work through thick traffic on a couple. He was just really on. On the other end, he was caught out of position a few times and the Spurs scored on that, but I take into account his past play has me keyed in on that. I'm not letting that take away from his exceptional game.
RealGM

Post#234 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:34 am

montestewart wrote:
Cicero wrote:I'm off to every other team forum with less **** insecurity. "WHAT'D U SAY BOUT DA WIZ???

They're all busting at the seams, waiting for the best poster named after a suburb of Chicago to drop by and let them know what's what. Those posters who have a mentally (Please Use More Appropriate Word) relative surely miss you most of all. Come back anytime Krisko Wizardry Degenerate. Sweet sweat emanates from your seminal words.

PS: I'm glad CCJ has embraced a religion of peace because, sweet Jesus, you called him CHOCOLATE!

monte, there was so much "Yo' mama" material that I COULD HAVE used. :D

I am sitting here laughing about what went unsaid. :lol:

I seriously prayed with someone today and am making a conscious (conscience?) effort to have my soul ready to inherit blessings to come forth... I can't be getting all indignant, monte. :lol:
Bye bye Beal.
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,353

Post#235 » by Kanyewest » Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:36 am

Good win- even if the Spurs didn't play their best ball because Leonard was injured and Parker still doesn't look 100%. Still, the Wizards will take it, I believe the Wizards lost a double OT game last year with Parker and Ginobli out and Tim Duncan fouled out.
hands11
Banned User

Post#236 » by hands11 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:49 am

Kanyewest wrote:Good win- even if the Spurs didn't play their best ball because Leonard was injured and Parker still doesn't look 100%. Still, the Wizards will take it, I believe the Wizards lost a double OT game last year with Parker and Ginobli out and Tim Duncan fouled out.

There offense still just moves so well. I watch them dribble, pass cut, handful, cut, pass, drive, pass, shoot and I just say,

WHY CAN'T WE DO THAT ?

We did a decent job of coming close to how they move the ball in the first half, but the half half was HORRIBLE.

And the fact we get up so few 3s and trade 2 or 3 just makes pulling away so hard.

I mean, covering them defensively is brutal to keep up with all game. If you aren't forcing them to cover you the same way, its like holding onto the tail of a Tiger.

It took great effort to pull out that win. I wouldn't count on that approach working many time moving forward though. Basically Wall was amazing. The defense was very solid. And Kevin stepped up to give them a big body in the post down the stretch that helped them get over the hump. But had SAS shot closer to their 3 pt percentage instead of 9-29, they would have won ... AGAIN
CntOutSmrtCrazy
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,156

Post#237 » by CntOutSmrtCrazy » Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:59 am

In a side note, we cannot keep getting so heavily out shot in three point attempts. They took 17 more than us tonight. I wouldn't even mind letting Webster start jacking up some contested ones. He passed up a fairly open look today.
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,888

Post#238 » by TGW » Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:00 am

Mods...let's do our job...mmmmkay? ;)
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#239 » by montestewart » Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:18 am

CntOutSmrtCrazy wrote:In a side note, we cannot keep getting so heavily out shot in three point attempts. They took 17 more than us tonight. I wouldn't even mind letting Webster start jacking up some contested ones. He passed up a fairly open look today.

That's what you get when you construct a team where virtually every player is a deep shooter. EG has added quite a few himself with Beal, Butler, Webster, and Pierce. I guess Wall, Porter, Gooden, and Temple too, and even Humphries at some point could be added, but they need an offensive scheme that emphasizes that and works to get them the open looks behind the line. The Wizards have one of the best 3 pt shooting percentages in the league, but they take among the fewest 3 pt shots.
pancakes3
General Manager
And1: 2,626

Post#240 » by pancakes3 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:38 am

closg00 wrote:

I know that part of what makes Pops Pops is that he's the consummate pro but the mental image of Pops leading the coaching staff going into the wee hours breaking down Seraphin game film is just too absurd.
Bullets -> Wizards

Return to Washington Wizards