Countdown to Don Newman Being Named Interim Head Coach

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Re: Countdown to Don Newman Being Named Interim Head Coach 

Post#101 » by Ruzious » Thu Jun 4, 2015 7:42 pm

Well, Denver's GM came from the Wiz, so I guess this makes sense. But being the Nuggs GM is probably not exactly a highly coveted job - partly because their GM used to work for Ernie Grunfeld.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
JWizmentality
RealGM
And1: 5,093

Post#102 » by JWizmentality » Thu Jun 4, 2015 8:49 pm

fishercob wrote:[tweet]https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/606521972730785792[/tweet]

Wait, so if Wittless isn't the mastermind behind our defense...why the f*ck is he here? :-?
dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 16,008

Post#103 » by dckingsfan » Thu Jun 4, 2015 9:47 pm

JWizmentality wrote:
fishercob wrote:[tweet]https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/606521972730785792[/tweet]

Wait, so if Wittless isn't the mastermind behind our defense...why the f*ck is he here? :-?

It doesn't bode well for our defense for next year :(
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 780

Post#104 » by LyricalRico » Wed Jul 8, 2015 4:51 pm

LyricalRico wrote:One old guy I might consider would be Alvin Gentry, primarily from an offensive perspective. He's not high on my list, but I wouldn't be upset if he was in the mix.

Looks like Gentry is giving Pelicans fans a lot to look forward to:

http://theadvocate.com/sports/pelicans/12851557-128/alvin-gentry-promises-pelicans-season

Let's see if he delivers.
AWIZZINGBULLET
Rookie
And1: 139

Post#105 » by AWIZZINGBULLET » Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:31 am

You know what time it is...

Bump.
CMRicci89
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#106 » by CMRicci89 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:45 am

Given our defense is so erratic, this looks more and more likely by the day now. Has to happen before or around Christmas.
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,730

Post#108 » by gambitx777 » Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:02 am

If wittman looses the locker room who could we bring in mid season to wright the ship. I personally would not hate having dantoni for this team. Mark Jackson or van gundy maybe?
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 780

Post#109 » by LyricalRico » Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:26 pm

gambitx777 wrote:If wittman looses the locker room who could we bring in mid season to wright the ship. I personally would not hate having dantoni for this team. Mark Jackson or van gundy maybe?

I wouldn't be opposed to Jackson. He had Golden State at 50 wins in the West, and may have been fired from non-basketball reasons. No reason to think he wouldn't do the same with a Wizards team that is in a similar position as GS from a couple years ago. I'm not convinced he's a championship coach, but he'd be a step up from Wittman IMO.
DCZards
RealGM
And1: 3,974

Post#110 » by DCZards » Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:47 pm

AWIZZINGBULLET wrote:http://www.csnmidatlantic.com/basketball-washington-wizards/talk/morning-tip-wizards-stars-unraveling-after-just-12-games

Big Problems in Little Chinatown?

I think J. Michael pretty much nailed it. He gets props for not simply being a homer and glossing over the issue. His column identifies some real and concrete problems.

The primary problem is not Wittman's coaching or the new offense. It's the immaturity of the Zards two most important players--Beal and Wall. Both have a tendency to pout when things aren't going well, especially Beal, and you can see it in their body language. They need to grow out of that...and soon.

Beal and Wall need to walk the talk and prove that they're one of the top backcourts in the NBA. If you know you need to attack the basket more often and get to the FT line, do it, just don't talk about it. Etc., etc.
JWizmentality
RealGM
And1: 5,093

Post#111 » by JWizmentality » Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:08 am

Can't happen soon enough, but bitter sweet since we'll still have Ernie.
Donkey McDonkerton
General Manager
And1: 411

Post#112 » by Donkey McDonkerton » Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:29 am

It's surely time. Enough of this craptastic basketball.
nuposse04
RealGM
And1: 2,439

Post#113 » by nuposse04 » Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:44 am

Whoever they bring in better have the cojones to call out Wall/Beal for their mediocrity. Don't know who is out there who would salvage the season either.
thricethefun
Junior
And1: 46

Post#114 » by thricethefun » Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:38 am

nuposse04 wrote:Whoever they bring in better have the cojones to call out Wall/Beal for their mediocrity. Don't know who is out there who would salvage the season either.

I feel like Thibs could get this team back on track playing defensively sound basketball. He wouldn't put up with any of their crap either.
AWIZZINGBULLET
Rookie
And1: 139

Post#115 » by AWIZZINGBULLET » Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:05 am

DCZards wrote:
AWIZZINGBULLET wrote:http://www.csnmidatlantic.com/basketball-washington-wizards/talk/morning-tip-wizards-stars-unraveling-after-just-12-games

I think J. Michael pretty much nailed it. He gets props for not simply being a homer and glossing over the issue. His column identifies some real and concrete problems.

The primary problem is not Wittman's coaching or the new offense. It's the immaturity of the Zards two most important players--Beal and Wall. Both have a tendency to pout when things aren't going well, especially Beal, and you can see it in their body language. They need to grow out of that...and soon.

Beal and Wall need to walk the talk and prove that they're one of the top backcourts in the NBA. If you know you need to attack the basket more often and get to the FT line, do it, just don't talk about it. Etc., etc.

Wittman's personality is the primary problem.

It's always been Wall's team. Wittman has just been on it.

Wall has and always has had more sway than Wittman and he knows it.
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,529

Post#116 » by closg00 » Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:40 am

I guess it's that time of the season again, time for the Wizards to fire a coach.....again.
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,730

Post#117 » by gambitx777 » Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:22 am

Can we go kid nap luke walton ! LOL.
Sluggerface
Bench Warmer
And1: 510

Post#118 » by Sluggerface » Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:37 pm

DCZards wrote:

Man, I need to put a site block on this trash. Is it the players fault? Yes, but who the **** is the one that fostered that development? Who were the ones who told guys to just take shots they were comfortable taking, who ceded all control to the players and just let them do whatever they want? Who pats them on the back every time they make an awful long two that they shouldn't have been taking in the first place? The FO is just as at fault for the team treadmilling as the players are. Get the **** out of here with this childish blame game.
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager
And1: 3,465

Post#119 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:58 pm

gambitx777 wrote:Can we go kid nap luke walton ! LOL.

May not even need to kidnap him. He isn't leaving during the season, but there's zero reason to think he wouldn't be a prime coaching candidate after the Warriors collect their second set of rings.

He completely fits the bill. Young but experienced assistant with head coaching credentials. Understands modern offenses. Great BBall pedigree.

It would be a dream scenario to nab him in the offseason... Right before we sign KD.
In Rizzo we trust
Dark Faze
Head Coach
And1: 2,011

Post#120 » by Dark Faze » Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:05 pm

Ernie grunsfeld would have coached the warriors to a chip this year

Return to Washington Wizards