ImageImageImageImageImage

GT #40: Nets @ Wizards 7 PM (CSN/99.1 FM) [1/16/15]

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

Your winner will be

REPPIN THE MOST POWERFUL CITY IN THE WORLD...
44%
Best team in New York
56%

Total votes: 9

Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,994

Post#121 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:47 am

Dead game thread. Hmmmmm....

I didn't see the game and I still will say you guys are wrong, no, make that IDIOTS to hate Blair. :)

http://www.nba.com/#$/games/20150116/BK ... etracker~1

If Blair was so bad how was he just -1?

The Lopez basket was one play where two points were scored. Washington OUTSCORED New Jersey after that one play while Blair was on the court.

You are just judging a fat guy on limited minutes. Bunch of haters with an agenda and mad after a loss.

I am glad Blair had 4 rebounds in 6 minutes.
deneem4
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,255

Re: GT #40: Nets @ Wizards 7 PM (CSN/99.1 FM) [1/16/15] 

Post#122 » by deneem4 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:05 am

this is where we needed wall to be westbrook instead of chris paul....your best player shouldnt shoot 50% and u still lose...period
Pay your beals....or its lights out!!!
Bron, Bosh, Wade is like Mike, Hakeem, barkley...3 top 5 picks from same draft
mike, hakeem and Barkley on the same team!!!!
JudBuchler
Rookie
And1: 787

Post#123 » by JudBuchler » Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:17 am

most embarrassing game ive seen in awhile, definately this year, Im disgusted and i didnt watch even 1 second of the game i was looking at play-by-play on my phone and it was agonizing seeing the name jack and lopez destroying us
dlts20
RealGM
And1: 6,194

Post#124 » by dlts20 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:27 am

deneem4 wrote:this is where we needed wall to be westbrook instead of chris paul....your best player shouldnt shoot 50% and u still lose...period

Usually I would agree and I didnt watch the full game so I may still agree but I think this game was different. First off he got 2 quick fouls which already screws everything up from a rhythm standpoint after you have to sit for so long. More importantly though, almost literally everyone was drunk. Wall probably couldnt have saved them in this one. We didnt just lose or look bad or like inferior. We looked like the 3 stooges. Everyone dropping the ball, missing easy rebounds, missing wide open shots, etc..... It looked like a HS team that is use to playing at 7pm and had to play at 11am. Just werent there tonight. We got fat off the 2 big wins and nothing else mattered. Hopefully its the final wakeup call
dandridge 10
Veteran
And1: 537

Post#125 » by dandridge 10 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:49 pm

MOrgil wrote:Very disappointing, it was a very winnable game at home. Elite teams don't pull this kind of sh*t. We're almost halfway the season and the team still has several glaring issues.

Agree this loss was very disappointing. However, I disagree that elite teams don't have games like last night. Just about every elite team lays an egg against an inferior opponent every season. They just limit them to 1-2 a season.

The Wizards just looked like the keystone cops last night. Every single player looked bad except for possibly Humphries. It was a total team loss. Let's see how they bounce back tonight and against the Sixers on Monday.
RustyMagoo
Senior
And1: 84

Post#126 » by RustyMagoo » Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:43 pm

I guess it was a hell of a party Thursday night.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,325

Post#127 » by nate33 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:50 pm

dandridge 10 wrote:
MOrgil wrote:Very disappointing, it was a very winnable game at home. Elite teams don't pull this kind of sh*t. We're almost halfway the season and the team still has several glaring issues.

Agree this loss was very disappointing. However, I disagree that elite teams don't have games like last night. Just about every elite team lays an egg against an inferior opponent every season. They just limit them to 1-2 a season.

The Wizards just looked like the keystone cops last night. Every single player looked bad except for possibly Humphries. It was a total team loss. Let's see how they bounce back tonight and against the Sixers on Monday.

Yup. Horrible game. Horrible effort. It happens, even to elite ball clubs. Just forget it and move on. Make sure we win the next game.
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,926

Post#128 » by tontoz » Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:17 pm

It isnt just about one bad game. Dumb turnovers are a recurring problem that they need to clean up if they want to make any noise this season.
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
Nivek
Head Coach
And1: 959

Post#129 » by Nivek » Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:33 pm

nate33 wrote:
dandridge 10 wrote:

Yup. Horrible game. Horrible effort. It happens, even to elite ball clubs. Just forget it and move on. Make sure we win the next game.

Elite teams do have this happen to them now and then. But, research done by the guys at basketball-reference a couple years ago showed that a team's record in "stomps" -- games decided by 20+ points -- does a better job of predicting playoff success and the champion than record in close games. In games decided by 20+ points this season, the Wizards are now 2-4.

That said, I don't think anyone with sense believed the Wizards to be an elite team or a title contender.
"A lot of what we call talent is the desire to practice."
-- Malcolm Gladwell

Check out my blog about the Wizards, movies, writing, music, TV, sports, and whatever else comes to mind.
CntOutSmrtCrazy
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,158

Post#130 » by CntOutSmrtCrazy » Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:23 pm

JWizmentality wrote:For quite some time now we have had stretches of just lazy, careless, sloppy passing. Even when the passes were fine, nobody seemed to able to hold unto the ball. Nene and Gortat can't finish inside for $h*t, and the one game where that single electron in Wittman's brain gets some stimuli...he comes up with Blair on Lopez. Brilliant!!!

Good Night all.

I've been saying this for awhile, this team has seriously digressed with turnovers this season. We are way to cavalier with passes especially after defensive rebounds. They need to clean that crap up.
Nivek
Head Coach
And1: 959

Post#131 » by Nivek » Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:45 pm

CntOutSmrtCrazy wrote:
JWizmentality wrote:For quite some time now we have had stretches of just lazy, careless, sloppy passing. Even when the passes were fine, nobody seemed to able to hold unto the ball. Nene and Gortat can't finish inside for $h*t, and the one game where that single electron in Wittman's brain gets some stimuli...he comes up with Blair on Lopez. Brilliant!!!

Good Night all.

I've been saying this for awhile, this team has seriously digressed with turnovers this season. We are way to cavalier with passes especially after defensive rebounds. They need to clean that crap up.

Wizards are down to 21st in turnover percentage. Their level of turnovers isn't necessarily a problem -- their tov% is about the same as Golden State, Atlanta and Phoenix, and those are the 4th, 5th and 6th most efficient offenses so far this season. But, Washington doesn't get to the FT line (25th) and is about average in getting offensive rebounds.
"A lot of what we call talent is the desire to practice."
-- Malcolm Gladwell

Check out my blog about the Wizards, movies, writing, music, TV, sports, and whatever else comes to mind.

Return to Washington Wizards