ImageImageImageImageImage

The Sky Is Not Falling

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

milellie111
Pro Prospect
And1: 245

The Sky Is Not Falling 

Post#1 » by milellie111 » Tue Feb 3, 2015 3:11 am

Sure, the team has dropped three, however some need to step off the ledge. Calling for emergency trades and Wittmans head is premature. I expect this team to come back fully focused, healed and re energized after the all star break.

There are some positives such as Garrett Temple getting some valuable burn and Otto continuing to develop. I expect Webster to get stronger as well after the break as he continues to work through coming back off injury. Let's not forget, we are a deep team and have gone through slumps before but always come back with a vengeance. Gortat is still a top 10 center in the league and just has to get refocused.
TGW = Troll Gone Wild
MJG
Assistant Coach
And1: 151

Re: The Sky Is Not Falling 

Post#2 » by MJG » Tue Feb 3, 2015 3:33 am

milellie111 wrote:Sure, the team has dropped three, however some need to step off the ledge. Calling for emergency trades and Wittmans head is premature. I expect this team to come back fully focused, healed and re energized after the all star break.

There are some positives such as Garrett Temple getting some valuable burn and Otto continuing to develop. I expect Webster to get stronger as well after the break as he continues to work through coming back off injury. Let's not forget, we are a deep team and have gone through slumps before but always come back with a vengeance. Gortat is still a top 10 center in the league and just has to get refocused.
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,524

Post#3 » by closg00 » Tue Feb 3, 2015 4:06 am

MJG wrote:
milellie111 wrote:Sure, the team has dropped three, however some need to step off the ledge. Calling for emergency trades and Wittmans head is premature. I expect this team to come back fully focused, healed and re energized after the all star break.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,969

Post#4 » by FAH1223 » Tue Feb 3, 2015 4:21 am

:crazy:
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager
And1: 3,464

Post#5 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Tue Feb 3, 2015 4:25 am

Put a sock in it. Not in the mood
In Rizzo we trust
MikeTheKid
Head Coach
And1: 4,215

Post#6 » by MikeTheKid » Tue Feb 3, 2015 5:27 am

:nonono: :nonono: :nonono: :nonono: :nonono:

The more you post lololol.....................Give it a rest til after all start break at least
milellie111
Pro Prospect

Post#7 » by milellie111 » Tue Feb 3, 2015 2:42 pm

Laugh all you want but Temple is useful to this club because of his good defense. He will be an asset off the bench come time for the playoffs where defense will be key to advancing.
TGW = Troll Gone Wild
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,883

Post#8 » by TGW » Tue Feb 3, 2015 2:58 pm

Keep responding to trolls guys.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,925

Post#9 » by tontoz » Tue Feb 3, 2015 3:05 pm

Playing Temple is nothing but a sign of desperation. he wouldn't make the roster for most teams.

OP needs to lay off the drugs....or share.
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
JWizmentality
RealGM
And1: 5,093

Post#10 » by JWizmentality » Tue Feb 3, 2015 3:18 pm

This honestly made my day.
jangles86
Starter
And1: 939

Post#11 » by jangles86 » Tue Feb 3, 2015 4:31 pm

This team is not just in a slump. It just isn't good enough to compete with any elite team. It is two level below elite.
We are yet to consistently beat good teams. Wall is relied on far too much. We have no scorer off the bench to give the second unit an added kick.
Beal has regressed.
Our whole front court is to old and we do not have a young big coming through that's capable to start.
Kevin Serephin does not look like he is going to improve to be anything else apart from a back up undersized tweener.
We have the oldest team in the NBA.
Porters shooting is no where near NBA standard yet and is lucky to not be in the d league.
Butler, Miller, Pierce are all looking like they are declining at a very rapid rate.

This team needs a trade. This team needs to add some quality at any position except the 3.
I do not think EG and Randy see this though and even worse I don't think they're capable of getting back quality in a trade.
dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 15,966

Post#12 » by dckingsfan » Tue Feb 3, 2015 5:18 pm

jangles86 wrote:This team is not just in a slump. It just isn't good enough to compete with any elite team. It is two level below elite.
We are yet to consistently beat good teams. Wall is relied on far too much. We have no scorer off the bench to give the second unit an added kick.
Beal has regressed.
Our whole front court is to old and we do not have a young big coming through that's capable to start.
Kevin Serephin does not look like he is going to improve to be anything else apart from a back up undersized tweener.
We have the oldest team in the NBA.
Porters shooting is no where near NBA standard yet and is lucky to not be in the d league.
Butler, Miller, Pierce are all looking like they are declining at a very rapid rate.

This team needs a trade. This team needs to add some quality at any position except the 3.
I do not think EG and Randy see this though and even worse I don't think they're capable of getting back quality in a trade.

Other than that Ms. Lincoln, how was the play?
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,883

Post#13 » by TGW » Tue Feb 3, 2015 5:24 pm

Not to sound negative guys, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
miller31time
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,125

Post#14 » by miller31time » Tue Feb 3, 2015 5:28 pm

I agree with milellie111. The sky isn't falling. We're simple regressing to the mean. We've been playing over our head and winning an absurd number of close games this season and now, we're in the process of showing that we are not an elite or even semi-elite team but rather a pretty good team playing in a weak conference.

And that's ok. There's no shame in not being an elite team right now. The goal should be to remain a playoff team until we have the capspace to make a move that GET'S us to that elite level.
queridiculo
RealGM
And1: 9,044

Post#15 » by queridiculo » Tue Feb 3, 2015 5:50 pm

Obvious troll is obvious.
DANNYLANDOVER
Veteran
And1: 438

Post#16 » by DANNYLANDOVER » Tue Feb 3, 2015 6:03 pm

ROFL I needed that laugh. God, I hope you don't really believe any of that crap.
JWizmentality
RealGM
And1: 5,093

Post#17 » by JWizmentality » Tue Feb 3, 2015 6:05 pm

miller31time wrote:I agree with milellie111. The sky isn't falling. We're simple regressing to the mean. We've been playing over our head and winning an absurd number of close games this season and now, we're in the process of showing that we are not an elite or even semi-elite team but rather a pretty good team playing in a weak conference.

And that's ok. There's no shame in not being an elite team right now. The goal should be to remain a playoff team until we have the capspace to make a move that GET'S us to that elite level.

Nobody likes a tease. We are pissed because we brought the hot chick home from the club, bragged about it, then found out she stands up to pee. That's what this team is doing to us right now. Taking a long hot Wiz on the fans. :(
dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 15,966

Post#18 » by dckingsfan » Tue Feb 3, 2015 6:23 pm

queridiculo wrote:Obvious troll is obvious.

But the very best of trolls - hehehe
BigA
Analyst
And1: 997

Post#19 » by BigA » Tue Feb 3, 2015 8:25 pm

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDAmPIq29ro[/youtube]
milellie111
Pro Prospect

Post#20 » by milellie111 » Tue Feb 3, 2015 8:40 pm

Not trolling here, just looking at this thing from both sides of the coin.Sure, losses suck but let's not hang our heads down too low. These past 3 losses were 8 points or less and one was in overtime. We are not totally getting blown out or dominated. The loss to Phoenix in Phoenix is nothing to be ashamed of. The Suns have beaten some quality teams this year including San Antonio, Golden State and recently Cleavland and Chicago.

Losing only by 4 in overtime to Toronto shows that in a 4 game series it will be close and will be determined by who stays hot. Toronto was unbelievably hot last game but they won't shoot like that every single game in a 4 game series.

Last night was just a bad loss at home, but Charlotte is no lottery team. They themselves have recently beat Toronto, New Orleans and Miami.

So yes, I'm saying the sky isn't falling, this is not the time to panic and make a desperate trade or "clean house". Our current group of guys have built a chemistry. Wall is hurt/banged up and the team could use some needed rest approaching all star break to regroup and come back out with a vengeance. Gortat did not all of a sudden forget how to play center within the last month neither has Rasual Butler forgotten how to make a 3 pointer. Guys will settle down, these slumps happen around the league with other teams and players too.

Do not lose faith yet wondering if we are still a good team or not. This is still a 50+ win playoff team.
TGW = Troll Gone Wild

Return to Washington Wizards