Hello Brooklyn
60%

Total votes: 5

hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Re: GT #52: Nets @ Wizards 7 PM (CSN/99.1 FM) [2/7/15] 

Post#121 » by hands11 » Sun Feb 8, 2015 4:22 am

jeffsays wrote:Wizards are 4-0 when Otto starts.

Really. That's interesting.

Here is another one I don't think we will ever see again.

All 13 players scored and with everyone playing and scoring, Paul Piece was the low scorer in 22 mins wit just 2 pts.

That's right. Gooden, Blair and Webster outscored PP in only 6 minutes each.
hands11
Banned User

Post#122 » by hands11 » Sun Feb 8, 2015 4:51 am

deneem4 wrote:our lineup should be
wall
beal
porter
seraphin
gortat

miller
butler
pierce
Humphries
nene
off the bench...

I don't think that would work well. KS isn't ready to start with that many young players and Beal is part of the problem. Wall, Beal, Porter and KS starting would likely spell trouble.

I would rather see something like

Wall
Porter
Rasual
Hump
Gortat

with

Temple
Beal
Paul
Gooden
Nene

Webster, Kevin, Miller

Webster for Rasual, Otto, Beal, Paul if any are off, not enough energy, ball sticking.. whatever.
Kevin for Gooden or Hump if they are off or play Kevin there if you want. Its just Gooden spaces the floor better.
Miller if needed

And no bones about it. If Beal or Otto or anyone really aren't getting it done, sub them out. Its getting to crunch time. Not time to baby sit anyone. Its a team and they are here to win games.

Play Pops ball. He will sit Manu if he has to. Even seen him sit Duncan. You play to win the damn games. Not baby sit egos.

I actually hope Beal misses a few games to be honest. I think the other players can gel better. Right now, there aren't enough open slots for the players we have and Beal being so young and trying to grow his game I think he is mucking up the works.

One thing I really like about Otto, the ball never sticks in his hands. And he is 6-8. He can get his shot off over any SG
dlts20
RealGM
And1: 6,194

Post#123 » by dlts20 » Sun Feb 8, 2015 5:55 am

Wall is looking darn near flawless at times right now. He can look you down when he wants, his mid range has been solid all year, i think he's in the midst of a 3pt hot streak like he had at that one point last year, he's becoming a great finisher when he couldnt buy a layup to start the year, he had the worst floater in history at the start of the season and now he looks like Rose/Parker, and his post game is starting to be unstoppable. Infact, that is one of my bigger complaints with Witt right now. I want more of Wall in the post, especially when we have huge mismatches like last game when Charlotte had Roberts on him. That shouldve been our go to play for that game. I think the best coaches take advantage of things like that
miller31time
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,125

Post#124 » by miller31time » Sun Feb 8, 2015 7:59 am

Aside from the game, all I could think was that Dat should have been invited to the game to honor Antawn "The Great Leader of Men" Jamison.
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,350

Post#125 » by Kanyewest » Sun Feb 8, 2015 11:38 am

Jamison picked himself in the all time starting 5 in the greatest of the 5 Wizards of all time. Obviously, you have to look back at Hayes for that pick, but I wouldn't even have Jamison ahead of Webber.

I might consider Nene over Jamison- although the problem is that Nene is often not healthy- then again while Jamison is better offensively, Nene is much better defensively.
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,350

Post#126 » by Kanyewest » Sun Feb 8, 2015 11:39 am

[tweet]https://twitter.com/jorgeccastillo/status/564254385598115840[/tweet]
Benjammin
Lead Assistant
And1: 378

Post#127 » by Benjammin » Sun Feb 8, 2015 1:10 pm

Kanyewest wrote:Jamison picked himself in the all time starting 5 in the greatest of the 5 Wizards of all time. Obviously, you have to look back at Hayes for that pick, but I wouldn't even have Jamison ahead of Webber.

I might consider Nene over Jamison- although the problem is that Nene is often not healthy- then again while Jamison is better offensively, Nene is much better defensively.

Yeah, I just laughed at that. Gus Johnson would go ahead of the great leader of men as well, and the Big E is a no-brainer. Webber wasn't here long enough nor MJ either.
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,925

Post#128 » by tontoz » Sun Feb 8, 2015 1:42 pm

Small sample obviously but in those 4 games Otto is averaging 10/4 in 24 minutes shooting 55% from the field, 50% from 3.
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
stevemcqueen1
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,137

Post#129 » by stevemcqueen1 » Sun Feb 8, 2015 4:14 pm

Gortat shouldn't be gloating. We'll take any win we can get right now.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 780

Post#130 » by LyricalRico » Sun Feb 8, 2015 4:21 pm

tontoz wrote:

Small sample obviously but in those 4 games Otto is averaging 10/4 in 24 minutes shooting 55% from the field, 50% from 3.

Been saying it for a while now - Otto plays better with the starters. Randy's got to find a way to make that work, for the team's sake and for Otto's develpoment.
deneem4
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,255

Post#131 » by deneem4 » Sun Feb 8, 2015 4:58 pm

hands11 wrote:
deneem4 wrote:our lineup should be
wall
beal
porter
seraphin
gortat

miller
butler
pierce
Humphries
nene
off the bench...

I don't think that would work well. KS isn't ready to start with that many young players and Beal is part of the problem. Wall, Beal, Porter and KS starting would likely spell trouble.

I would rather see something like

Wall
Porter
Rasual
Hump
Gortat

with

Temple
Beal
Paul
Gooden
Nene

Webster, Kevin, Miller

Webster for Rasual, Otto, Beal, Paul if any are off, not enough energy, ball sticking.. whatever.
Kevin for Gooden or Hump if they are off or play Kevin there if you want. Its just Gooden spaces the floor better.
Miller if needed

And no bones about it. If Beal or Otto or anyone really aren't getting it done, sub them out. Its getting to crunch time. Not time to baby sit anyone. Its a team and they are here to win games.

Play Pops ball. He will sit Manu if he has to. Even seen him sit Duncan. You play to win the damn games. Not baby sit egos.

I actually hope Beal misses a few games to be honest. I think the other players can gel better. Right now, there aren't enough open slots for the players we have and Beal being so young and trying to grow his game I think he is mucking up the works.

One thing I really like about Otto, the ball never sticks in his hands. And he is 6-8. He can get his shot off over any SG

nah those guys need wall...pierce, nene, can get their own in they iso sets while miller setup butler and humpries
but beal, seraphin, gortat need wall to create for them..seraphin a low post guy but with wall putting him in his spots, hes automatic...otto also looks better playing with wall...
Pay your beals....or its lights out!!!
Bron, Bosh, Wade is like Mike, Hakeem, barkley...3 top 5 picks from same draft
mike, hakeem and Barkley on the same team!!!!
hands11
Banned User

Post#132 » by hands11 » Sun Feb 8, 2015 5:20 pm

I bet you this. You take the your line ups and rotations and I take mine and I bet you my line ups and rotations whop your butt.

And that's why coaching matters. Same rosters. Two different coaches and you will get two different results.

Dude.. You want to start..

wall
beal
porter
seraphin

And for context... not to start the year and develop on an at best .500 team but going into and coming out of the AS break of a team looking to make some noise ?

Maybe next year you can do that. Not this year. Those 4 together wouldn't be able to execute and handle the pressure of playing efficiently. To many holes in their combined games when you combine them as starters. Might make for an interesting 2nd unit for a glimpse.

And thats what makes just putting Otto in for PP a challenge right now. Only way it works is moving PP to S4 and in doing that, you lose size, rebounding and you beat up on an older PP.

But if you put Otto in there and move Beal off the bench, you can make it work. Problem is, we can only do that while Beal is recovering from injury because Randy wouldn't do that to Beal. Our best hope is that Beal discovers how to trim he game back to be more efficient. That he does more catch and shoot and doesn't let the ball stick in his hands. Less dribbling. Less catching the ball moving away from the basket. More curse plays for catch and shoot. And he needs to clean up his foot work when receiving the ball. And with all that, Randy needs to help by not calling inefficient plays that has Beal as a Wade type. He isn't ready for that. Make him more of a Webster type right now. Corner 3s. Elbow 3s. Drives. Motion offense with everyone moving. Not standing around while Beal runs off double screens and catches 20 feet from the basket moving in the wrong direction or peak a boo with Gortat.

Hell, Beal used to be able to run the PnR pretty well last year with Gortat. Lets see that. Only lets see it farther out where it leads to a 3 or a drive, not a long 2.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,992

Re: Re: GT #52: Nets @ Wizards 7 PM (CSN/99.1 FM) [2/7/15] 

Post#133 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sun Feb 8, 2015 6:08 pm

Kanyewest wrote:Jamison picked himself in the all time starting 5 in the greatest of the 5 Wizards of all time. Obviously, you have to look back at Hayes for that pick, but I wouldn't even have Jamison ahead of Webber.

Antawn Jamison spoke with me at Pete Newell's Big Man Camp. He's a good man with great manners and he's not in any way too good or big time to be real. Very humble gentleman who was a pleasure to talk to on more than one occasion. Nicest pro athlete I have met. Him and Hershel Walker, who spoke with my son's football team and other youth.

I totally agree with you on where he rates, Kanyewest. He played longer for the franchise than Webber but Chris was on another level. Big E is all-time best PF period, because of the championship ring. First year as a Wizard Nene was better than Jamison. Bigger and stronger and a two-way player. Overall, Jamison got buckets and he did have one outstanding playoffs against Cleveland. Averaged 32 and 10 for the series! He was reliably above average for years as a Wizard.

I would give Jamison the nod over Nene because of that and his longevity. Nene needs to have a repeat dominating playoffs like he did against Chicago for me to move him up.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,992

Re: Re: GT #52: Nets @ Wizards 7 PM (CSN/99.1 FM) [2/7/15] 

Post#134 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sun Feb 8, 2015 6:12 pm

Benjammin wrote:

Yeah, I just laughed at that. Gus Johnson would go ahead of the great leader of men as well, and the Big E is a no-brainer. Webber wasn't here long enough nor MJ either.

Johnson and Walt Bellamy (but he played C) were before my time, but each had game if what I've read is true.
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,525

GT #52: Nets @ Wizards 7 PM (CSN/99.1 FM) [2/7/15] 

Post#135 » by closg00 » Sun Feb 8, 2015 8:24 pm

LyricalRico wrote:
tontoz wrote:

...and this is where a competent GM could benefit the Wizards.

Gilbert Arenas playing 40 min games coming off a knee surgery

Etan Thomas starting over Haywood

No apparent development plan for Porter.

5 years and no back PG to back-up JW.

Been saying it for a while now - Otto plays better with the starters. Randy's got to find a way to make that work, for the team's sake and for Otto's develpoment.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
JWizmentality
RealGM
And1: 5,093

Post#136 » by JWizmentality » Mon Feb 9, 2015 2:35 pm

Illmatic12 wrote:
JWizmentality wrote:Beal has worn thin on me. I like Otto better, at least he hits open shots and doesn't turn the ball over. And in the very few minutes played it's easy to see Blair does everything better than Seraphin...other than being tall.

Blair has pretty much sucked against decent centers. Seraphin does his damage against 2nd string bigs and occasionally even starters. Blair only does anything against bottom-tier 3rd/4th string bigs on the end of the bench.

Bull. Blair was an integral part in San Antonio and primary reserve off the bench for Dallas, especially in the playoffs. He wasn't playing against 3rd/4th stringers.

Return to Washington Wizards