ImageImageImageImageImage

GT #56: Wizards @ Pistons 3:30 PM (CSN/99.1 FM) [2/22/15]

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,993

Post#361 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:50 am

But my hands are bigger than most people 6'4". Can easily palm two basketball's at the same time. So, short guy with huge hands...

Makes no sense to me that my hands are bigger than a buddy who was a big time receiver and went to the NFL combine a few years ago. Bigger than a young fella who was a D1 PG listed at 6'1". He can palm a ball but my hands are much larger than his.

I only wish I had more height or more speed because I obviously might have competed at a higher level. But check this out. I couldn't grip a basketball when I was in HS. I dunked a volleyball but couldn't dunk a basketball. Never did.

At 54 I still get thoughts that if I wasn't a fat, no overweight guy, I COULD dunk now.....
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,926

Re: GT #56: Wizards @ Pistons 3:30 PM (CSN/99.1 FM) [2/22/15] 

Post#362 » by tontoz » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:58 am

in his last two seasons with us Booker shot 42% from 15-22 feet. He only made 1 three pointer in his 4 years here.

In Utah he has taken 55 threes and is shooting 34.5%. Is Utah trying to put a square peg in a round hole, or are they using basic math?
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#363 » by hands11 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:25 pm

Hey mods... so what up with the hyper links getting broken every time you click edit ? Is someone working on that ?
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#364 » by Ruzious » Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:38 pm

hands11 wrote:http://www.monumentalnetwork.com/videos ... an-2-23-15

Hmmm

Sounds like Randy's fix is more effort and not to change anything. His solution. Just try harder.

Well, with that as the fix, not feeling real good about this next game.

Effort isn't going to make 2pts more then 2pts and as long as 3 is greater then 2, I don't see that math adding up.

They better be the best defensive team in the league tomorrow if he thinks they can out 2 pt the GSWs.

If we are only going to get up 15 threes and make .40 of them at best, thats 6 threes. or 18 pts.
GSW will likely get up 26 or so .. at .40 thats 10 threes or 30 pts.. So out of the gate, we have to make up 12 pts

Forget about it if they get hot like they did against SAS where they went 17-33 from 3 or 51 pts in 3s

Personally, I don't like what the league has become regarding shoot a 3 or a drive but that's what it is. You can either join in or get left behind. Except MEM.

Just a crappy way to enter a game against a talented team that also plays defense. @justplayharederrandywitless

That's always the bottom line with Randy. It's never about strategy. It's always that the players aren't trying hard enough or aren't good enough (He did say something about not having players who can drive to the basket and draw easy fouls). Randy's idea of strategizing during games is to drop his head into his hands when things go bad. When he raises his head, you get to see that expression that sickly implores "Why me, lord? Why me?" It's a wonder that his team doesn't get motivated by that kind of leadership.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,926

Post#365 » by tontoz » Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:18 pm

Ruzious wrote:
hands11 wrote:http://www.monumentalnetwork.com/videos ... an-2-23-15

Hmmm

Sounds like Randy's fix is more effort and not to change anything. His solution. Just try harder.

Well, with that as the fix, not feeling real good about this next game.

Effort isn't going to make 2pts more then 2pts and as long as 3 is greater then 2, I don't see that math adding up.

They better be the best defensive team in the league tomorrow if he thinks they can out 2 pt the GSWs.

If we are only going to get up 15 threes and make .40 of them at best, thats 6 threes. or 18 pts.
GSW will likely get up 26 or so .. at .40 thats 10 threes or 30 pts.. So out of the gate, we have to make up 12 pts

Forget about it if they get hot like they did against SAS where they went 17-33 from 3 or 51 pts in 3s

Personally, I don't like what the league has become regarding shoot a 3 or a drive but that's what it is. You can either join in or get left behind. Except MEM.

Just a crappy way to enter a game
against a talented team that also plays defense. @justplayharederrandywitless

That's always the bottom line with Randy. It's never about strategy. It's always that the players aren't trying hard enough or aren't good enough (He did say something about not having players who can drive to the basket and draw easy fouls). Randy's idea of strategizing during games is to drop his head into his hands when things go bad. When he raises his head, you get to see that expression that sickly implores "Why me, lord? Why me?" It's a wonder that his team doesn't get motivated by that kind of leadership.

To be a consistent winner you need to play hard and play smart.

When you lead the league in long 2s and are near the bottom in 3 point attempts you aren't playing smart.

When you run the same isos over and over at the end of quarters, no matter how many times they don't work, you aren't playing smart.
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#366 » by Ruzious » Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:08 pm

Yeah, I think it was near the end of the 3rd quarter with 5 seconds left - he calls a timeout to put Wall in the game. Wall does what he seemingly always does at the end of quarters (when he doesn't turn it over) - dribbles around and miss-fires a jump shot. Definition of insanity.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams

Return to Washington Wizards