ImageImageImageImageImage

More Marcin Gortat is the answer!!

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

JohnBFanatic123
Ballboy
And1: 0

More Marcin Gortat is the answer!! 

Post#1 » by JohnBFanatic123 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:49 pm

He scored 24 points in the blowout loss to the Pistons on 12/18 shooting and 10 rebounds and he had 18 16 points on 8/11 shooting and 11 rebounds against Golden State without playing in the 4th quarter. I believe he could easily score 30 points per game and have 12 rebound games if Wittman let him. He could also be the Shaq to John Wall Kobe, by acting as a very good screener. A lot of people say the Wizards don't have some big guy like Kevin Love to play like that, I believe that minus the 3 point shooting that Marcin Gortat could be that guy. Thoughts? Let's not hang up the towel just yet.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,339

Re: More Marcin Gortat is the answer!! 

Post#2 » by nate33 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:02 pm

JohnBFanatic123 wrote:He scored 24 points in the blowout loss to the Pistons on 12/18 shooting and 10 rebounds and he had 18 16 points on 8/11 shooting and 11 rebounds against Golden State without playing in the 4th quarter. I believe he could easily score 30 points per game and have 12 rebound games if Wittman let him. He could also be the Shaq to John Wall Kobe, by acting as a very good screener. A lot of people say the Wizards don't have some big guy like Kevin Love to play like that, I believe that minus the 3 point shooting that Marcin Gortat could be that guy. Thoughts? Let's not hang up the towel just yet.

I think we are all in agreement that Gortat should get some more minutes, particularly in the 4th. But let's not go overboard.
nuposse04
RealGM
And1: 2,439

Post#3 » by nuposse04 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:05 pm

30 points and 12 boards? Uhhhhhh >.>

I think 17-11 might be realistic for him with proper minutes and playing alongside a stretch big...
JohnBFanatic123
Ballboy

Post#4 » by JohnBFanatic123 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:10 pm

Okay maybe I'm a bit biased :D but he's been really good the past two games and I think he should be utilized more!! Agreed?
80sballboy
RealGM
And1: 5,650

Post#5 » by 80sballboy » Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:11 pm

Two weeks ago, many people on this board were claiming that he was the most overpaid center in the league. Now after two good games, he's the Polish Shaq.
20MexicanosIn1Van
Veteran
And1: 318

Post#6 » by 20MexicanosIn1Van » Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:24 pm

He's not the Polish Shaq and he's not the most over-rated player in the league. What he is, however, is a player that needs more playing time on this squad.
Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,097

Post#7 » by Dat2U » Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:24 pm

More like "No More Wittman" is the answer...
Higga
Lead Assistant
And1: 831

Post#8 » by Higga » Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:33 pm

Gortat is a good Center. Is he an elite or All-Star? No, but even average Cs get paid and Gortat is above average at least IMO. Not sure why Wittman hates him so much.
Eric Maynor is the worst basketball player I've ever seen.
McFilthy
Sophomore
And1: 108

Post#9 » by McFilthy » Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:57 pm

SAT analogy question for those who remember the Eddie Jordan years:

Brendan Todd Haywood : Etan Thomas ::
Marcin Gortat : Chris Humphries/Nene

Remember the Gil/Caron/ years, the Wizards would play Etan instead of Haywood in the at crucial times. During one playoff series, The Cav's Ilgauskas commented that he liked it because it was easier to for to score/rebound.

Wittman seems to like Nene's decision-making/passing at the end games (though he can't like his free throw shooting) at the end of games, so Randy's version of going small is a Hump/Nene front court. I really like Humpy Dance on our team and think he deserves minutes, but wish he shot the three; not his range. I will agree with many here who argued that Paul Pierce is probably our best stretch four (where he played more in Brooklyn last year with success.) This team lacks a premier rim protector, but Marcin is probably our best one, which is good to have when the floor is stretched out. March can rebound and score too.

Gortat has not been consistent this season, but he had been hot against the Warriors. Gortat at the end of games will not solve all of the Bullets woes, but it is worth trying more. Does the leave Nene out at the end of games? Would he consider that a demotion?

edited to add Nene to the analogy
McFilthy
Sophomore
And1: 108

Post#10 » by McFilthy » Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:09 pm

McFilthy wrote:SAT analogy question for those who remember the Eddie Jordan years:

Brendan Todd Haywood : Etan Thomas ::
Marcin Gortat : Chris Humphries/Nene

Remember the Gil/Caron/ years, the Wizards would play Etan instead of Haywood in the at crucial times. During one playoff series, The Cav's Ilgauskas commented that he liked it because it was easier to for to score/rebound.

Wittman seems to like Nene's decision-making/passing at the end games (though he can't like his free throw shooting) at the end of games, so Randy's version of going small is a Hump/Nene front court. I really like Humpy Dance on our team and think he deserves minutes, but wish he shot the three; not his range. I will agree with many here who argued that Paul Pierce is probably our best stretch four (where he played more in Brooklyn last year with success.) This team lacks a premier rim protector, but Marcin is probably our best one, which is good to have when the floor is stretched out. March can rebound and score too.

Gortat has not been consistent this season, but he had been hot against the Warriors. Gortat at the end of games will not solve all of the Bullets woes, but it is worth trying more. Does the leave Nene out at the end of games? Would he consider that a demotion?

edited to add Nene to the analogy

Late in games, I advocate for a front court of Pierce/Gortat in some situations and Nene/Gortat in others.
JohnBFanatic123
Ballboy

Post#11 » by JohnBFanatic123 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:33 pm

^^

To be fair there was a time when Nene appeared to have a lot more tenacity and didn't appear as soft on the court as he is now.
Sluggerface
Bench Warmer
And1: 510

Post#12 » by Sluggerface » Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:29 pm

Higga wrote:Gortat is a good Center. Is he an elite or All-Star? No, but even average Cs get paid and Gortat is above average at least IMO. Not sure why Wittman hates him so much.

Because Randy's idea of spacing consists of playing two midrange bigs. That's why the Nene/Humphries combo is often his go to in the crunch. It's utterly ridiculous and uninspired. He has zero feel for the game.

Return to Washington Wizards