The team Nene hates the most
83%

Total votes: 6

hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Re: GT #61: Wizards @ Bulls 8 PM (CSN/99.1 FM) [3/3/15] 

Post#201 » by hands11 » Wed Mar 4, 2015 10:46 am

FAH1223 wrote:[tweet]https://twitter.com/ESPNStatsInfo/status/572995562372534273[/tweet]

#firerandywittlessnow

Best thing Randy does for the team at this point is he is getting them a higher draft pick.

But make now mistake, this is tragic regarding this season.

Loses to TOR in two games by 6pts and now CHI without Rose, Butler and Taj and back to back loses to MIN and PHI

Horrible.

Randy has to go. Give the team over the Newman. At least they might stand a chance in the playoff even if they can't fix their season record.
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,529

Post#202 » by closg00 » Wed Mar 4, 2015 11:42 am

The Bulls beat us with their back-up PG, could Ramon Sessions done the same? Sessions = Maynor 2.0
Tricky_Kid
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,771

Post#203 » by Tricky_Kid » Wed Mar 4, 2015 12:25 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:
Tricky_Kid wrote:I am done with this team as long as Wittman is the coach. Staying till morning and watching this ****...it's not worth it.

Wall's defence was poor and this is not the first time He is abused by opposite not all star PG (Jack, Brooks,IT)
Another game with no P&R Wall and Gortat
Gooden and KS staying too long which basicly cost us a game.
Beal bricking more 2's

KEEP HATING BLAIR, WITTMAN.

It's not hate. He isn't just good enough for this team (Wittman)

last record similar to Denver 3-12... He is like Shaw never shouldn't coach
AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,161

Post#204 » by AFM » Wed Mar 4, 2015 3:41 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:
AFM wrote:Didn't watch because I don't care.

I'm not as checked out as I am about the Redskins. Them I really don't care. Too painful to watch.

This team? I'm just waiting to see how things play out.

Sacramento has Dee Brown assisting. George Karl coaching. Now, they go and hire King's legendary former player Vlade Divacs; who Oh By the Way has been a GM in Europe. That team's making moves.

Washington is just playing out the string.

We'll see what Rev Dr Ted Leonis does.

I've never felt as negatively about this team as I do now. Even 3 years ago when it was the McGee and Swaggy P show, yeah we sucked but at least we were in the beginning of the "rebuild". I had hope for the future and enjoyed watching the games to at least see John develop. Now we are one of the worst teams in the league right now with no conceivable way to get better. Our only hope is a hail mary, getting Durant to sign here, which quite frankly is ridiculous.
Just looking at the rosters of both teams, I have no idea how a team that starts Wall, Beal, PP, Gortat, and Nene loses to the Bulls down their three best players.
TheSecretWeapon
RealGM
And1: 877

Post#205 » by TheSecretWeapon » Wed Mar 4, 2015 3:59 pm

AFM wrote:
I've never felt as negatively about this team as I do now. Even 3 years ago when it was the McGee and Swaggy P show, yeah we sucked but at least we were in the beginning of the "rebuild". I had hope for the future and enjoyed watching the games to at least see John develop. Now we are one of the worst teams in the league right now with no conceivable way to get better. Our only hope is a hail mary, getting Durant to sign here, which quite frankly is ridiculous.
Just looking at the rosters of both teams, I have no idea how a team that starts Wall, Beal, PP, Gortat, and Nene loses to the Bulls down their three best players.

To psychoanalyze a sec -- I think part of the reason there's a pervasive negativity toward the team at this point is that fans were kinda sold a fraud. This team wasn't "built" in the sense of drafting well, growing together, and increasing the level of accomplishment year over year. The team sucked, screwed the pooch in drafts, and then spent their player acquisition resources to buy older players who still had enough left to patch together an average team that could make the playoffs.

Making the playoffs gave Leonsis and the marketers something to sell: an up and coming team that would be a contender in the East. The "hot" start that was mostly close wins over bad teams fed that narrative -- they'd gained valuable experience in the playoffs, and now were a good team that could threaten to the Eastern powers. Except, they weren't a good team. They were decent and playing pretty well, but fundamentally flawed AND lacking top-end talent. And, they weren't really an "up and coming" team -- they had an old rotation without much upside.

Also, it's worth remembering that teams tend to look good when they win and bad when they lose. :D
"A lot of what we call talent is the desire to practice."
-- Malcolm Gladwell

Check out my blog about the Wizards, movies, writing, music, TV, sports, and whatever else comes to mind.
queridiculo
RealGM
And1: 9,055

Post#206 » by queridiculo » Wed Mar 4, 2015 4:41 pm

What pains me the most is to see what many had predicted play out exactly as it has.

If an army of RealGM posters can anticipate where this franchise is heading, how on earth can Leonsis sit by and watch Grunfeld steer this franchise right off the cliff, over, and over, and over again.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,994

Post#207 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Wed Mar 4, 2015 4:48 pm

TheSecretWeapon wrote:
AFM wrote:

To psychoanalyze a sec -- I think part of the reason there's a pervasive negativity toward the team at this point is that fans were kinda sold a fraud. This team wasn't "built" in the sense of drafting well, growing together, and increasing the level of accomplishment year over year. The team sucked, screwed the pooch in drafts, and then spent their player acquisition resources to buy older players who still had enough left to patch together an average team that could make the playoffs.

Making the playoffs gave Leonsis and the marketers something to sell: an up and coming team that would be a contender in the East. The "hot" start that was mostly close wins over bad teams fed that narrative -- they'd gained valuable experience in the playoffs, and now were a good team that could threaten to the Eastern powers. Except, they weren't a good team. They were decent and playing pretty well, but fundamentally flawed AND lacking top-end talent. And, they weren't really an "up and coming" team -- they had an old rotation without much upside.

Also, it's worth remembering that teams tend to look good when they win and bad when they lose. :D

Kevin, they need ME. :nod:

I wish I could go in their locker room and give a "motivational speech". Might need some security because I'm liable to call them all kinds of MFers. NO, JUST KIDDING.

The Wizards are STILL VERY CAPABLE OF HAVING A GREAT PLAYOFFS.

The team has somewhat mediocre talent but they just need to synergistically come together. Their identity needs to be that of a mean assed, old, veteran team. Wall's not the leader to take them over the top. Pierce IS.

They also need to be encouraged.

Dez Wells said something after Maryland beat Wisconsin. If I didn't have to check out of this hotel by noon ....

:D

(Wizards need to hook a brother up. I promise I can help them by sharing what God shared with me and others.)
Bye bye Beal.
Tricky_Kid
Assistant Coach

Post#208 » by Tricky_Kid » Wed Mar 4, 2015 4:49 pm

i found this - Otto like Han Solo on the last play

:lol:

AFM
General Manager

Post#209 » by AFM » Wed Mar 4, 2015 4:51 pm

MarcoPolo wrote:

Look at this play... It's (use the most appropiate term for this)... F*** !

:lol: looked like McGee
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,730

Post#210 » by gambitx777 » Thu Mar 5, 2015 5:55 am

I feel bad for Porter...... Other than that, he had a really nice game, I hope he does not loose playing time over a simple mistake.
Sluggerface
Bench Warmer
And1: 510

Post#211 » by Sluggerface » Thu Mar 5, 2015 6:20 pm

gambitx777 wrote:I feel bad for Porter...... Other than that, he had a really nice game, I hope he does not loose playing time over a simple mistake.

Cmon, It's Randy. Dude is in the dog house until further notice. I'd bet five bucks that he picks up a DNP next game and Webster plays.
fishercob
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#212 » by fishercob » Thu Mar 5, 2015 6:52 pm

gambitx777 wrote:I feel bad for Porter...... Other than that, he had a really nice game, I hope he does not loose playing time over a simple mistake.

It was an embarrassing mistake that Otto has taking a ton of **** for in social media. I'm sure his teammates are having some fun at his expense too.

But in the macro, that play didn't lose us the game and I agree that Otto had a good game. 11 points on 5 shots, 4 boards, 2 blocks and a lone turnover. The only gripe on that line in 30 minutes of game action is that you'd like to see him be even more aggressive.

Otto made a mistake that young players make. He was caught thinking and he spaced out. But this is the price you pay for sitting Otto in favor of Seraphin, Webster and Butler. Ideally, this is a mistake he'd have made and learned from 2 months ago, and not at a critical point during a very tough stretch. BUt Witt's gonna Witt, so....whatever.
"Some people have a way with words....some people....not have way."
— Steve Martin
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,730

Post#213 » by gambitx777 » Thu Mar 5, 2015 6:57 pm

fishercob wrote:

It was an embarrassing mistake that Otto has taking a ton of **** for in social media. I'm sure his teammates are having some fun at his expense too.

But in the macro, that play didn't lose us the game and I agree that Otto had a good game. 11 points on 5 shots, 4 boards, 2 blocks and a lone turnover. The only gripe on that line in 30 minutes of game action is that you'd like to see him be even more aggressive.

Otto made a mistake that young players make. He was caught thinking and he spaced out. But this is the price you pay for sitting Otto in favor of Seraphin, Webster and Butler. Ideally, this is a mistake he'd have made and learned from 2 months ago, and not at a critical point during a very tough stretch. BUt Witt's gonna Witt, so....whatever.

That is a great point, 90% of the mistakes he makes, mistakes like that, can be blames on wittman not giving him playing time !
AFM
General Manager

Post#214 » by AFM » Thu Mar 5, 2015 8:31 pm

Actually, if you think about it, everything can be blamed on Wittman, cus he's the coach!

Wall's car breaks down? Wittman shoulda done a 50 pt inspection!

Seraphin's EZ Bake Oven burning his croissants? Wittman shoulda turned the heat down!

Being the coach of the Washington Wizards is like being the President of the United States.
RealGM

Post#215 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu Mar 5, 2015 8:39 pm

Seraphin. Ez bake oven. Croissants.
Tricky_Kid
Assistant Coach

Post#216 » by Tricky_Kid » Thu Mar 5, 2015 9:37 pm

Mistake by Otto was funny at the end when I watch it now.
I was a little bit angry when i watched this game live. But... after all He had a good game, doesn't play consistent minutes through the season and He is still very young. Painful but important lesson for him.

I don't want to see DNP for him next game, or more minutes for Webster!
DCZards
RealGM
And1: 3,974

Post#217 » by DCZards » Thu Mar 5, 2015 10:32 pm

fishercob wrote:

Otto has had several solid games in the past couple of weeks and here's hoping that Witt has gotten beyond trying to rehab Webster and that Porter doesn't get any more DNP-CDs. But it's a real stretch to blame Otto's crazy defensive lapse on Witt. That was totally on Otto.
RealGM

Re: Re: GT #61: Wizards @ Bulls 8 PM (CSN/99.1 FM) [3/3/15] 

Post#218 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu Mar 5, 2015 11:28 pm

queridiculo wrote:What pains me the most is to see what many had predicted play out exactly as it has.

If an army of RealGM posters can anticipate where this franchise is heading, how on earth can Leonsis sit by and watch Grunfeld steer this franchise right off the cliff, over, and over, and over again.

I have been better than EG for years

Ted Leonsis would rather do it his way than get closer to the top for next to nothing.
Tricky_Kid
Assistant Coach

Post#219 » by Tricky_Kid » Fri Mar 6, 2015 12:20 am

Most of RealGM posters would do better job than EG for less money - If U read this Ted I'm available :P
fishercob
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#220 » by fishercob » Fri Mar 6, 2015 2:12 am

DCZards wrote:
fishercob wrote:

Otto has had several solid games in the past couple of weeks and here's hoping that Witt has gotten beyond trying to rehab Webster and that Porter doesn't get any more DNP-CDs. But it's a real stretch to blame Otto's crazy defensive lapse on Witt. That was totally on Otto.

I did not blame porter's lapse on Wittman. I do blame Wittman for not playing Porter more so that such mistakes could get worked out earlier.
"Some people have a way with words....some people....not have way."
— Steve Martin

Return to Washington Wizards