Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

JWizmentality
RealGM
And1: 5,093

Re: The Incredibly Sucky Ramon Sessions Thread 

Post#21 » by JWizmentality » Sun Mar 8, 2015 2:38 pm

80sballboy wrote:
JWizmentality wrote:
Induveca wrote:I'm not sure I've seen a player brick layups and floaters with such ferocity. He obviously failed geometry in middle school.

I just can't fathom it. When I played ball, the floater was easy as pie. I could make that shot with my eyes closed. When I see players like Sessions, Maynor and to some extent Wall...I just don't get it. I've come to accept the fact that their hand eye coordination is just ****.

Wall can't make a floater either. He did early in the season and now he just can't or won't try it. I'm sure you're great at floaters in rec league. Doing it in the NBA over 7-footers with eight foot wing spans are probably a bit more difficult than at the Y.

I know the difference. They're not making open ones either.
TheSecretWeapon
RealGM
And1: 877

Post#22 » by TheSecretWeapon » Mon Mar 9, 2015 4:23 pm

In general, I don't want guys shooting floaters. By definition, they're tough shots -- especially in the NBA. A floater is a pure bailout shot. They're running jumpers that are generally contested by someone big. They represent a failed drive -- the shooter couldn't get to the rim and could find an open man so he's forced into the floater. It's better for a guy like Wall to be good at shooting them in the same way it was good for peak Tiger Woods to be good at hitting shots out of a bunker, but in general, it's not a shot you want.
"A lot of what we call talent is the desire to practice."
-- Malcolm Gladwell

Check out my blog about the Wizards, movies, writing, music, TV, sports, and whatever else comes to mind.
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,527

The Incredibly Sucky Ramon Sessions Thread 

Post#23 » by closg00 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:17 pm

Utah is signing Bryce Cotton to a multi-year deal.
http://www.nba.com/jazz/news/jazz-sign- ... -year-deal

Imagine if we had kept Miller while looking ahead long-term at guys like Bryce. It is truly sad that we cannot aspire to seek out up-and-coming talent, we leave it to other teams.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Zonkerbl
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,184

Post#24 » by Zonkerbl » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:22 pm

Wow, that didn't take lo...

bah, ninja'd.
I've been taught all my life to value service to the weak and powerless.
MarcoPolo
Rookie
And1: 183

Post#25 » by MarcoPolo » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:44 pm

His shoot selection is terrible(everybody knows that after few games with Wiz), but at least guy is running fast and drawing fouls. Miller was walking there and other PG were resting on the court while we played our back up. He's not as bad as.. Maynor.. was.

closg00
RealGM

Post#26 » by closg00 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:52 pm

What kind of scraps will we be able to get for him next-year when we try to trade him?
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,888

Post#27 » by TGW » Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:00 pm

He's really bad.

Grunfailed just can't seem to find a half-decent backup point guard. Is it really that hard? He even used a former lottery pick to get one and still it hasn't panned out.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,871

Post#28 » by payitforward » Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:11 pm

Wasn't Augustin available for a while this season? Wasn't Udrih?

Wolters would be a better guy to have than Sessions.

Pin the tail on the donkey would be a better talent evaluator than Ernie Grunfeld.
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,704

Post#29 » by montestewart » Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:42 pm

Backup PG on the Wizards = the drummer in Spinal Tap
McFilthy
Sophomore
And1: 108

Post#30 » by McFilthy » Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:46 pm

payitforward wrote:Wasn't Augustin available for a while this season? Wasn't Udrih?

Pin the tail on the donkey would be a better talent evaluator than Ernie Grunfeld.

I always feel like EG uses scouting reports that are a couple of years old. We acquire certain players about four years after CCJ says we ought to.
closg00
RealGM

Post#31 » by closg00 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:19 pm

payitforward wrote:Wasn't Augustin available for a while this season? Wasn't Udrih?

5 years of this crap, can u believe it? 5-years of back-up PG merry-go-round, a position of little importance to this incompetent FO.
McFilthy
Sophomore
And1: 108

Post#32 » by McFilthy » Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:56 pm

montestewart wrote:Backup PG on the Wizards = the drummer in Spinal Tap

Also
Backup PG on the Wizards = the Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher from Harry Potter
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#33 » by hands11 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:26 pm

Having depth at PG has been a problem on this team forever. Even before EG.

At one point we had Steve Blake. I felt pretty strongly we should have kept him but they didn't.. couldn't.. whatever ended up happening.

Had Gil and AD at one point but Gil got hurt so AD had to start. Still an older back up PG though.

Session has been alright. He is a better fit then Professor was. And the trade package was a decent one..it was a good, not great move. And he was good for making the team younger.

Sessions is alright for now. They will have lots of options to add someone else down the road including from the draft.

A much bigger problem is finding that elite SF. Most the good teams have one. And if not that, an elite S4 PF. You want to run for the title, you need that.

That's the goal over the next two years. Along the way, they need to find a young future center. Which is why I thought Len was a decent choice last year. If not, grabbing a center later in the draft. There were a ton that would have worked fine. That's a big piece to add psychologically for this team to make it more stabilized.
dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 16,003

Post#34 » by dckingsfan » Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:59 pm

hands11 wrote:Having deep at PG has been a problem on this team forever. Even before EG.

At one point we had Steve Blake. I felt pretty strongly we should have kept him but they didn't.. couldn't.. whatever ended up happening.

Had Gil and AD at one point but Gil got hurt so AD had to start. Still an older back up PG though.

Session has been alright. He is a better fit then Professor was. And the trade package was a decent one..it was a good, not great move. And he was good for making the team younger.

Sessions is alright for now. They will have lots of options to add something else down the road including from the draft.

A much bigger problem is finding that elite SF. Most the good teams have one. And if not that, an elite S4 PF. You want to run for the title, you need that.

That's the goal over the next two years. Along the way, they need to find a young future center. Which is why I thought Len was a decent choice last year. If not, grabbing a center later. There were a ton that would have worked fine. That's a big piece to add psychologically for this team to make it more stabilized.

So basically, "other than that Ms. Lincoln, how was the EG play?"
Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,097

Post#35 » by Dat2U » Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:06 pm

At least we didn't sacrifice draft positioning to trade for the rotting carcass of Jarrett Jack. That would be much worse than watching Ramon Sessions brick layup after layup for the next 14 months or so.
closg00
RealGM

Post#36 » by closg00 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:19 am

Dat2U wrote:At least we didn't sacrifice draft positioning to trade for the rotting carcass of Jarrett Jack. That would be much worse than watching Ramon Sessions brick layup after layup for the next 14 months or so.

:lol: The thing is that we tried to do exactly that, trade for Jarret Jacket using next-years 1 st rounder.
TheSecretWeapon
RealGM
And1: 877

Post#37 » by TheSecretWeapon » Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:57 am

Ramon Sessions rebounds well for a PG. Such an important thing to get from a perimeter position.
"A lot of what we call talent is the desire to practice."
-- Malcolm Gladwell

Check out my blog about the Wizards, movies, writing, music, TV, sports, and whatever else comes to mind.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,704

Post#38 » by montestewart » Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:58 am

closg00 wrote:
Dat2U wrote:At least we didn't sacrifice draft positioning to trade for the rotting carcass of Jarrett Jack. That would be much worse than watching Ramon Sessions brick layup after layup for the next 14 months or so.

:lol: The thing is that we tried to do exactly that, trade for Jarret Jacket using next-years 1 st rounder.

Not that it would shock me, but did EG really try to do that? I heard some rumblings but don't recall anything concrete.
closg00
RealGM

Post#39 » by closg00 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:55 am

montestewart wrote:
closg00 wrote:

Not that it would shock me, but did EG really try to do that? I heard some rumblings but don't recall anything concrete.

Yup
Zach Lowe @ZachLowe_NBA
Follow
Re: reports that Nets could have flipped Jack to Wiz for a 1st: they'd have had to take on Webster, and "1st" was a pick swap, per sources.
11:43 AM - 4 Mar 2015
Induveca
Head Coach
And1: 724

The Incredibly Sucky Ramon Sessions Thread 

Post#40 » by Induveca » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:11 pm

Despite yesterday where his stats *looked* ok, I have zero clue why he was acquired. Miller, while old, was at least a savvy player.

Sessions is a low IQ, has been.. He actually had some seasons where he was decent. My god he looks a decade removed. Ugh.

Return to Washington Wizards