ImageImageImageImageImage

3/25/15 - Wiz Vs Pacers

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

TheSecretWeapon
RealGM
And1: 877

Re: 3/25/15 - Wiz Vs Pacers 

Post#221 » by TheSecretWeapon » Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:21 pm

I thought Wittman did a great job of coaching against the Pacers. It was a clever move to use Webster's size defensively on that past Indy possession. It's not his fault that Webster failed to contain Hill's penetration. I mean, it's not like Webster has been struggling physically since returning from back surgery, and that he's been immobile. It was a great coaching decision that didn't work because Webster didn't try hard enough or execute properly.
"A lot of what we call talent is the desire to practice."
-- Malcolm Gladwell

Check out my blog about the Wizards, movies, writing, music, TV, sports, and whatever else comes to mind.
DCZards
General Manager
And1: 3,967

Post#222 » by DCZards » Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:33 pm

80sballboy wrote:
tontoz wrote:How do you put Martell on Hill there? Epic fail by Wit there even by his standards.

The options are minimal. Wall had 5 fouls and couldn't defend him. Butler stinks. Sessions can't defend. Beal isn't around. Porter was defending inbounds play. But Webster was expecting a screen. Smart. I'd probably rather have Toure' defending him but he sat all game.

Wall should have been guarding Hill. So what if he had 5 fouls. If Wall fouls Hill and Hill knocks down 2 free throws the game is over anyway. So it wouldn't have mattered that Wall just fouled out of the game.
gtn130
Analyst
And1: 2,740

Post#223 » by gtn130 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:11 pm

How can the players accept Wittman blaming them like this? His reason for every failure is effort, and his game plan is never in question. If I'm a player I would be furious.
McFilthy
Sophomore
And1: 108

Post#224 » by McFilthy » Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:21 pm

Anyone can be a Monday-morning quarterback, so here...
+1 to the folks who say Gortat should have be in on the last possession for rim protection.
+1 for Wall should have been on Hill. No need to save him for overtime when you give up a layup on the last play and lose in regulation.
+1 for Torre Murray should have been in on the last possession. He is our indigent-man's Garrett Temple. (Temple is a poor-man's Tony Allen.)

What a disappointing loss that was, sadly, predictable.

I might be in the minority, but I think Nene is still a usefully player for this team, but needs to accept being on the 2nd unit more. Wittman relies on him more than he should.

Otto has not been great this season, but I think his lack of play shows that Randy is coaching scared.

Randy Wittman gets the gas face for his rotations and scheme on the last play.

Ernie Grunfeld gets the gas face for not signing Ariza, not enough offensive creators, 3 point shooters, ball handlers (and for the litany of sins as stated in the Countdown to Ernie Grunfeld Firing thread.)

Ted Leonsis, you will get the gas face if you don't act soon.

Wow, there are a lot of fun cameos in 3rd Bass' "The Gas Face" video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYp28tEAVvs
Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,865

Post#225 » by Wizardspride » Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:35 pm

[tweet]https://twitter.com/HoopDistrictDC/status/581114627486023682[/tweet]
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
truth18
RealGM
And1: 42,830

Post#226 » by truth18 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:00 pm

How long will Beal be out?
YOU LOSE
AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,148

Post#227 » by AFM » Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:07 pm

truth18 wrote:How long will Beal be out?

Hopefully not long. Just sprained his ankle.
Although you should stop listening to me since I told you to start Pierce last night. Sorry.
truth18
RealGM
And1: 42,830

Post#228 » by truth18 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:24 pm

AFM wrote:
truth18 wrote:How long will Beal be out?

Hopefully not long. Just sprained his ankle.
Although you should stop listening to me since I told you to start Pierce last night. Sorry.

Haha, no worries. Thanks for the help. I'll probably drop him for illyasova and pick him up again next week if I make it to the finals.
YOU LOSE
Collamore
Ballboy
And1: 3

Post#229 » by Collamore » Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:39 pm

Walking off the court before the game is over is unacceptable behavior out of your head coach. I've never been more angry at a Wizards coach. That says a lot because we've had some really bad ones. He is a team cancer with his bad attitude. I wish one of the players would call him out. It really seems that he is asking to be fired. He would getout of a situation that he clearly hates and still get paid. His behavior is pathetic.
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,969

Post#230 » by FAH1223 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:49 pm

[tweet]https://twitter.com/_JakeRussell/status/581116366272499714[/tweet]
MikeTheKid
Head Coach
And1: 4,213

Post#231 » by MikeTheKid » Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:54 pm

J. Michael on 106.7 talking about what happened now, he says Webby wasnt supposed to be on Hill it was supposed to be Wall but Wall voluntarily guarded CJ Watson. Is Wall nervous on last plays on D? Doubt that idk though
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,969

Post#232 » by FAH1223 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:20 pm

MikeTheKid wrote:J. Michael on 106.7 talking about what happened now, he says Webby wasnt supposed to be on Hill it was supposed to be Wall but Wall voluntarily guarded CJ Watson. Is Wall nervous on last plays on D? Doubt that idk though

I don't believe J.Michael because every time he talks I imagine it is EG talking through him.

So typical that he is trying to cover Wittless.
Tricky_Kid
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,771

Post#233 » by Tricky_Kid » Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:57 pm

FAH1223 wrote:
MikeTheKid wrote:J. Michael on 106.7 talking about what happened now, he says Webby wasnt supposed to be on Hill it was supposed to be Wall but Wall voluntarily guarded CJ Watson. Is Wall nervous on last plays on D? Doubt that idk though

I don't believe J.Michael because every time he talks I imagine it is EG talking through him.

this guy should be cut together with EG and Wittless
DANNYLANDOVER
Veteran
And1: 438

Post#234 » by DANNYLANDOVER » Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:19 am

FAH1223 wrote:

I can't stand that lying snake.
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#235 » by hands11 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:34 am

DCZards wrote:
Tricky_Kid wrote:
miller31time wrote:We won't rest players the rest of this season because Randy knows he's in the hot seat (as far as next season goes) and needs to not finish the season with a big losing streak.

Yes, true. And Randy always put the blame for loss on players - always! He wants to only save his a$$ :banghead:

Yeah, just one time I'd like to hear Randy say: "We coaches have to do a better job of....."

Well, I hate to be the one to say it because Randy does suck but in fairness.

He has said that.

Just not very often. Maybe 4-6 times this year would be my guess.

Its just way more often he throws the players under the bus. And even when he does say it, its like just a little part of the post interview when the lions share being he blaming the players.
hands11
Banned User

Post#236 » by hands11 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:41 am

TheSecretWeapon wrote:I thought Wittman did a great job of coaching against the Pacers. It was a clever move to use Webster's size defensively on that past Indy possession. It's not his fault that Webster failed to contain Hill's penetration. I mean, it's not like Webster has been struggling physically since returning from back surgery, and that he's been immobile. It was a great coaching decision that didn't work because Webster didn't try hard enough or execute properly.

Did you miss Randy's post game ?

For starts. I don't think Webster should have been out there for the last defensive play.

But the problem was much more Nene then Webster.

They were supposed to trap. Webster was actually on the correct side to do that.

Its Nene that didn't trap and in the process, he actually kind of picked Webster.

And what's even crazier about the entire thing is this. Watch the reply. G Hill just barely got that shot off. It actually looks like Nene got a small piece of it. It was the smallest of windows and he extended to the rim and got it in. And Wall was closing from the weak side.

So even though Nene totally blow the play and Webster should not have been out there. Webster actually did his job and Nene almost made the recovery. It was a really great move by G Hill and West made a great slip on the pick to fool Nene.

But that is at the core of what went wrong. Nene was supposed to trap. And he didn't. That's on NENE. Not Webster. Even though I wouldn't have had Webster out there myself.

Randy pulled Gortat instead of Nene. And Nene let him down.
hands11
Banned User

Post#237 » by hands11 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:47 am

gtn130 wrote:How can the players accept Wittman blaming them like this? His reason for every failure is effort, and his game plan is never in question. If I'm a player I would be furious.

GORTAT IS.

Wall and Beal aren't the types to show they are pissed or overly question the coach. Though Wall have made a few comments.

Paul is trying to keep them focused on winning the next game. The next game. The next game.

Who else is going to speak up ? Gooden ? Kevin ? Rasaul ?

Nene isn't saying dick because Randy treats him like he is the star of the team.

Session just got their. Miller doesn't talk. Otto isn't saying anything.

Webster I'm sure isn't happy but what is he going to do ?

Gortat is the voice of objection for this team. Just another reason I appreciate the Hammer.

He gives voice to the fans thinking Randy is a IDIOT.
hands11
Banned User

Post#238 » by hands11 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:48 am

McFilthy wrote:Anyone can be a Monday-morning quarterback, so here...
+1 to the folks who say Gortat should have be in on the last possession for rim protection.
+1 for Wall should have been on Hill. No need to save him for overtime when you give up a layup on the last play and lose in regulation.
+1 for Torre Murray should have been in on the last possession. He is our indigent-man's Garrett Temple. (Temple is a poor-man's Tony Allen.)

I might be in the minority, but I think Nene is still a usefully player for this team, but needs to accept being on the 2nd unit more. Wittman relies on him more than he should.

Otto has not been great this season, but I think his lack of play shows that Randy is coaching scared.

Ernie Grunfeld gets the gas face for not signing Ariza, not enough offensive creators, 3 point shooters, ball handlers (and for the litany of sins as stated in the Countdown to Ernie Grunfeld Firing thread.)

"I might be in the minority, but I think Nene is still a usefully player for this team, but needs to accept being on the 2nd unit more"

Why would you say you are in the minority when this is what the majority is saying ?
McFilthy
Sophomore
And1: 108

Post#239 » by McFilthy » Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:54 am

hands11 wrote:
McFilthy wrote:Anyone can be a Monday-morning quarterback, so here...

"I might be in the minority, but I think Nene is still a usefully player for this team, but needs to accept being on the 2nd unit more"

Why would you say you are in the minority when this is what the majority is saying ?

Perhaps I am not in the minority. I was under the impression that many would like to move on from Nene completely, in particular with how much he is paid and all moaning about him.
exculpatory
RealGM
And1: 10,997

Post#240 » by exculpatory » Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:54 am

Hands - a question?

We all know Paul is closing out his magnificent HOF career.

And his overall stats this year remain remarkable: 12.4 on 45.2% & 39.6% & 58.6% TS%.
And he has hit MANY clutch shots for this team.
And for the 10 games immediately preceding the last 4 games, he was scoring even more & shooting 55-60% from 3.
And then for the last 4 games, he has **** VANISHED from the face of the earth - 5 **** points a game! Are u **** kidding me? Has he finally run out of gas at age 37 1/2? Is he hurt & not advertising it (which has happened before)? Many posters on my Celtics Board have incorrectly & very prematurely counted him out over the years, & then voila, he goes on a run of All Star/All Pro play - even when he was 35+ years old.

What the hell is going on now? Even his biggest supporter on the planet is getting concerned. This team is going NOWHERE unless he starts bringing it again & supporting WallStar. I am very frustrated!
SamIam 2010: Truth's ability to play so incredibly efficiently is so UNDERAPPRECIATED. Bballcool 2012: Amazing how great Pierce has been for so long. Continues to defy age! KG 2013: P is original Celtic. Wherever he goes, we go. This is The Truth's house.

Return to Washington Wizards