NBA Playoffs Tank Wars

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

Mickstix
Junior
And1: 27

Re: NBA Playoffs Tank Wars 

Post#41 » by Mickstix » Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:58 pm

McFilthy wrote:
Mickstix wrote:Leonsis knows ZERO about hiring proper personnel.. If he does muster up the courage to fire Grundfeld, look for his assistant to be promoted.. The man wouldn't know how to make a clean break/ fresh start if his life and entire family depended on it..

I don't watch a lot of hockey. Mickstix, I was wondering what you think about the Capitals GM Brian MacLellan and what the perception is of him around the NHL? Seemed to be an uninspiring promotion from within when I heard about it. Did MacLellan hire Trotz? Appears to be a solid coach? Has the team's personnel improved?

I am curious as I am hoping for a firing/retiring/"promotion" that takes Grunfeld out of the Wizards GM position (along with Wittman) and I see a few parallels between last year's Caps and this years Wizards.

Book is still out.. He hired 2 big free agents in the offseason, to help a struggling Caps defense and supposedly had a hand in hiring 15 year vet NHL coach, Barry Trotz, which was a big step in the right direction.. (Caps/McPhee had hired 5 rookie coaches in a row before BT and some think Leonsis had his mind made up on Trotz, before the BMac promotion?)

The only apparent negative so far is he's held onto ALL the same core players McPhee built and while they are better then last year, he's probably going to lose big on MikeGreen (UFA) in the offseason, when he could of gotten a nice return on him before the trade deadline. (and no one really thinks the Caps are "cup worthy" at the moment, but it's hockey so you never know)

But we'll see what happens in this years playoffs and offseason before knowing if he's just McPhee light or his own man.. At the moment though, no one is starting any "Countdown to MacLellan firing" threads or anything.. :lol:
Mick
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,969

Re: NBA Playoffs Tank Wars 

Post#42 » by FAH1223 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:25 pm

Let's rev up the tank tonight folks

Return to Washington Wizards