WVA VS Kentucky @ 9:49, who's watching?
BarnabyJones
Sixth Man
And1: 292

Re: March Madness Discussion 

Post#2 » by BarnabyJones » Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:04 am

What happened?

:lol:
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”― Mark Twain
Higga
Lead Assistant
And1: 831

Post#3 » by Higga » Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:40 pm

I'm glad UK crushed WVU. I'm pulling for perfection and WVU is a dirty piece of trash team. Plus my sister goes to UK School of Medicine so I guess that's my rooting interest.
Eric Maynor is the worst basketball player I've ever seen.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#4 » by Ruzious » Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:58 pm

Very glad to see WV and Huggins get their arses handed to them. Now, can Notre Dame upset Kentucky? They don't have the size, but they do have 3 point shooters. Look for Connaughton to have a big game for Notre Dame. He's more of a baseball prospect (pitcher for the Orioles) than a basketball prospect, but he's an unusual matchup - playing under-sized stretch 4.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,529

Post#5 » by closg00 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:42 pm

Kudos to Notre Dame for taking Kentucky down to the wire 68-66.
http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=400787576
closg00
RealGM

March Madness Discussion 

Post#6 » by closg00 » Sun Apr 5, 2015 1:39 am

Puke wins, Wisconsin leading in the first vs Kentucky.

#FireErnie ~ Because he believed Stephen Curry couldn't help us and Jan Vesely could.
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager
And1: 3,465

Post#7 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Sun Apr 5, 2015 3:04 am

Dekker's a stud
In Rizzo we trust
verbal8
General Manager
And1: 1,364

Post#8 » by verbal8 » Sun Apr 5, 2015 3:12 am

long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:Dekker's a stud

Wow, it looks like Wisconsin will pull it off.
pineappleheadindc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,479

Post#9 » by pineappleheadindc » Sun Apr 5, 2015 3:19 am

Well, Wisconsin earned it. Gotta roll with them over the Dukies.
"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart."
--Confucius

"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try"
- Yoda
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,994

Re: Re: March Madness Discussion 

Post#10 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sun Apr 5, 2015 3:25 am

closg00 wrote:Puke wins, Wisconsin leading in the first vs Kentucky.

#FireErnie ~ Because he believed Stephen Curry couldn't help us and Jan Vesely could.

I was happy to see Michigan State get smashed. Just once I am glad to see Duke win. :)

Maryland beat MSU twice. The one time the Spartans beat Maryland it cost the Terps in seeding.

On top of that Izzo made a comment about Wisconsin being the class of the Big Ten right after his team beat Maryland.

Well, the Terps beat Wisconsin pretty easily at Xfinity Center.

I am glad to see the Big Ten get its due. I truly believe that the Terps could have played Kentucky tight, if not beat them.

I am not surprised UK lost.

Maryland went 3-1 vs Final Four teams.
RealGM

Post#11 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sun Apr 5, 2015 3:34 am

pineappleheadindc wrote:Well, Wisconsin earned it. Gotta roll with them over the Dukies.

This is really a bit of a replay of Wisconsin vs Kentucky.

Mostly talented freshmen vs upperclassmen with senior leadership.

I give Duke the advantage because their guards and perimeter personnel are going to get after it better than Kentucky's. Wisconsin created matchup problems by posting up bigs vs the Wildcat smalls. Duke won't switch the same way.

Also, Duke is going to blitz Wisconsin IMO.

I expect Duke will win fairly easily.
Sluggerface
Bench Warmer
And1: 510

Post#12 » by Sluggerface » Sun Apr 5, 2015 3:36 am

Phenomenal game really. Wildcat fans can bitch about the calls all they want, Kentucky sealed their fate by committing three straight shot clock violations in the closing minutes.

Bo Ryan straight up UNDRESSED Calipari to end this game. The back to back Dekker isos, the gamble and foul on towns. Nirvana level coaching.

Kaminsky was also excellent against THE best frontline the NCAA has seen in years. Kaminsky is going to make it in the NBA. The questions of athleticism are always going to be there, but there's simply just too much he's good at not to make it.
closg00
RealGM

March Madness Discussion 

Post#13 » by closg00 » Sun Apr 5, 2015 4:06 am

Great game, glad Wisconsin won

Illmatic12
RealGM
And1: 8,459

Post#14 » by Illmatic12 » Sun Apr 5, 2015 4:08 am

CBB is just brutal at times.. there's no rhyme or reason to the officiating, you can't help but feel like the refs overexert their influence on the games
thricethefun
Junior
And1: 46

Post#15 » by thricethefun » Sun Apr 5, 2015 4:36 am

This is a dream finals matchup for Wisconsin. No way they lose to Duke twice.
RealGM

Post#16 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sun Apr 5, 2015 6:10 am

Sluggerface wrote:Phenomenal game really. Wildcat fans can bitch about the calls all they want, Kentucky sealed their fate by committing three straight shot clock violations in the closing minutes.

Bo Ryan straight up UNDRESSED Calipari to end this game. The back to back Dekker isos, the gamble and foul on towns. Nirvana level coaching.

Kaminsky was also excellent against THE best frontline the NCAA has seen in years. Kaminsky is going to make it in the NBA. The questions of athleticism are always going to be there, but there's simply just too much he's good at not to make it.

Frank will be lottery pick. He's better than I thought.

Dekker is probably also going near lottery. He's a good player who I will be curious to see if he's a SF at the next level.
RealGM

Post#17 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sun Apr 5, 2015 6:11 am

Illmatic12 wrote:CBB is just brutal at times.. there's no rhyme or reason to the officiating, you can't help but feel like the refs overexert their influence on the games

The refs were bad both ways.

Just when I knew they wanted Kentucky to win they missed the shot clock violation.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,334

Post#18 » by nate33 » Sun Apr 5, 2015 12:59 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:Frank will be lottery pick. He's better than I thought.

I'm not so sure. Don't forget Severn Hoos' Law: old, late-blooming college bigs get overrated.

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:Dekker is probably also going near lottery. He's a good player who I will be curious to see if he's a SF at the next level.

Dekker had a great game, but his season and career stats are pretty underwhelming. He's a month shy of 21 already.
Induveca
Head Coach
And1: 724

March Madness Discussion 

Post#19 » by Induveca » Sun Apr 5, 2015 3:14 pm

Very happy Kentucky lost, but Kaminsky will be an Eric Montross type in the NBA. ZERO athleticism. He is completely floor bound.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#20 » by Ruzious » Sun Apr 5, 2015 3:19 pm

nate33 wrote:
Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:Frank will be lottery pick. He's better than I thought.

I'm not so sure. Don't forget Severn Hoos' Law: old, late-blooming college bigs get overrated.

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:Dekker is probably also going near lottery. He's a good player who I will be curious to see if he's a SF at the next level.

Dekker had a great game, but his season and career stats are pretty underwhelming. He's a month shy of 21 already.

So anything over 19 is too old... :lol:. I think you and Sev are miss-applying what was actually a pretty good rule. Kaminsky was good as a 19 year old sophomore. He was a guard in HS and had a big growth spurt - which is why he didn't play much as a frosh. He turned 22 yesterday - he's actually young for a senior. He's 4 months older than WCS, so is WCS also too old? There was an article out the other day that made the case that Wisconsin had the most efficient college offense in the last 20 years, but the author neglected to count off for the fact that they had a 20 year old junior and a 21 year old senior leading the way.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams

Return to Washington Wizards