Total votes: 11

KidHawk2020
Freshman
And1: 17

Re: GT #4, Round 2: ATL Hawks @ Wizards 7 PM (TNT/99.1 FM) [5/11/15] 

Post#541 » by KidHawk2020 » Tue May 12, 2015 2:13 am

fishercob wrote:
KidHawk2020 wrote:
miller31time wrote:I may be in the minority but I think the gameplan against Horford worked successfully. He hit a bunch of shots, sure, but they were mostly mid-ranger 2pt jumpers. Those are the shots we WANT the Hawks to take.

Horford had 18pts in almost 40 minutes. Because he had so many mid range looks, he could never kick it out to open 3pt shooters like Atlanta wants.

I'm fine letting that continue.

Those midrange 2pt jumpers are his strength. You don't want to give him those uncontested.

He scored 18 points on 18 shots. The Wizards will take that every day of the week.

Yeah, but he's been off due to him having that dislocated finger, he's just starting to get his touch back. He's looking more and more like his old self on that shot. Lookout! lol. Hawks gonna go wild at home, they getting their swagger back.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,304

Post#542 » by nate33 » Tue May 12, 2015 2:16 am

We lost the game because of our atrocious 1st half defense. Atlanta was getting into the lane at will. It should have been a blowout but, thankfully, we shot out of our minds from 3-point range. Hopefully, whatever adjustment Wittman made at halftime solves the issue. If we can play like that 2nd half for the rest of the series, we should be okay. We cannot allow another 1st half like that though. That was painful to watch.
nuposse04
RealGM
And1: 2,439

Post#543 » by nuposse04 » Tue May 12, 2015 2:18 am

nate33 wrote:We lost the game because of our atrocious 1st half defense. Atlanta was getting into the lane at will. It should have been a blowout but, thankfully, we shot out of our minds from 3-point range. Hopefully, whatever adjustment Wittman made at halftime solves the issue. If we can play like that 2nd half for the rest of the series, we should be okay. We cannot allow another 1st half like that though. That was painful to watch.

Our intensity wasn't there, I think the guys might have still been a bit full of themselves after game 3. I don't know if we will win game 5 sans wall, but it should serve as a wake up call.
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#544 » by hands11 » Tue May 12, 2015 2:51 am

miller31time wrote:
hands11 wrote:
miller31time wrote:I may be in the minority but I think the gameplan against Horford worked successfully. He hit a bunch of shots, sure, but they were mostly mid-ranger 2pt jumpers. Those are the shots we WANT the Hawks to take.

Horford had 18pts in almost 40 minutes. Because he had so many mid range looks, he could never kick it out to open 3pt shooters like Atlanta wants.

I'm fine letting that continue.

Well it you want to lose again. Sure.

Milsap, Horford, Teague owned the game.. All game.

And Muscala and Antic got theirs as well.

Wizards were never playing Wizards basketball. They were never in a rhythm. It was up hill all night.

You're eyes lied to you if you think Horford "owned" this game. He hit a lot of mid-range 2's and guess what that amounted to - 18 points in almost 40 minutes. That's about 16 points per 36 minutes.

And again, he wasn't able to kick it out to 3pt shooters or crash for offensive rebounds which lead to 3's for Atlanta.

You want to talk about Teague and Millsap owning us? Sure, I'll buy that argument. Horford, no sir.

I didnt say Horford owned the game.

I said.

Milsap, Horford, Teague owned the game.. All game
Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,866

Post#545 » by Wizardspride » Tue May 12, 2015 2:52 am

This guy on the GB is trying to argue that because other guys (Beal,Porter etc) are playing well Wizards fans are overstating the loss of John Wall.

Yeah.....
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,992

Re: Re: GT #4, Round 2: ATL Hawks @ Wizards 7 PM (TNT/99.1 FM) [5/11/15] 

Post#546 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Tue May 12, 2015 2:56 am

80sballboy wrote:One guy who I have to hand it to is Sessions. He didn't shrink tonight late. He had just one turnover. He wasn't great but we just need him to be solid. Can't ask for much more.

They got as much from Sessions as could be hoped for.
miller31time
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,125

Post#547 » by miller31time » Tue May 12, 2015 2:59 am

hands11 wrote:
miller31time wrote:
hands11 wrote:
Well it you want to lose again. Sure.

Milsap, Horford, Teague owned the game.. All game.

And Muscala and Antic got theirs as well.

Wizards were never playing Wizards basketball. They were never in a rhythm. It was up hill all night.

You're eyes lied to you if you think Horford "owned" this game. He hit a lot of mid-range 2's and guess what that amounted to - 18 points in almost 40 minutes. That's about 16 points per 36 minutes.

And again, he wasn't able to kick it out to 3pt shooters or crash for offensive rebounds which lead to 3's for Atlanta.

You want to talk about Teague and Millsap owning us? Sure, I'll buy that argument. Horford, no sir.

I didnt say Horford owned the game.

I said.

Milsap, Horford, Teague owned the game.. All game

What? If you're saying three players owned the game and one of those three players is named Al Horford, then you are saying Al Horford owned the game.

You know what, it doesn't matter. You can have this debate.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,992

Post#548 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Tue May 12, 2015 3:11 am

KidHawk2020 wrote:
fishercob wrote:
KidHawk2020 wrote:

Those midrange 2pt jumpers are his strength. You don't want to give him those uncontested.

He scored 18 points on 18 shots. The Wizards will take that every day of the week.

Yeah, but he's been off due to him having that dislocated finger, he's just starting to get his touch back. He's looking more and more like his old self on that shot. Lookout! lol. Hawks gonna go wild at home, they getting their swagger back.

Swagger means that Washington without Wall could have tied the game at 104. They also should have been give the ball when Korver traveled.
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,969

Post#549 » by FAH1223 » Tue May 12, 2015 3:35 am

ATL's bench is full of young guys

Makes me jealous since a lot of those guys were there for the taking in the last 3 years
Jimmy Recard
RealGM
And1: 5,373

Post#550 » by Jimmy Recard » Tue May 12, 2015 3:36 am

KidHawk2020 wrote:
fishercob wrote:
KidHawk2020 wrote:

Hawks fans were saying that after the Brookyln series too, then what happened?

Man, absolutely sucks that John is out :( it really felt like something special was brewing before he went down. I couldn't see anyone in the East beating us 4 times in a series.
TheSecretWeapon
RealGM
And1: 877

Post#551 » by TheSecretWeapon » Tue May 12, 2015 3:59 am

Horford was 6-15 on shots attempted from everywhere except at-rim (inside 3 feet). That's 40%, which is actually a subpar shooting night for him. That said, you most definitely want him shooting 2pt jumpers. He converts 75% of his at-rim attempts the past three seasons, but only about 43% on 2pt jumpers. Try to get a hand in his face to maybe bother him a little, but definitely encourage him to shoot 2pt jumpers. Those are bad shots -- even for a guy like Horford, who shoots them well.
"A lot of what we call talent is the desire to practice."
-- Malcolm Gladwell

Check out my blog about the Wizards, movies, writing, music, TV, sports, and whatever else comes to mind.
stevemcqueen1
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,137

Post#552 » by stevemcqueen1 » Tue May 12, 2015 4:15 am

Wall's injury has been tough. The team is battling but losing Wall compromised them. Given how weak Atlanta, Chicago, and Cleveland look, I think we would have won the East in three short series if not for that damn injury.

But the silver lining is how good Beal and some of our role players have been. Beal is a budding star and the rest of the cast has another year in the tank IMO. I think we compete with Cleveland to be the favorites to win the East next season. Still could happen this year too.
TheSecretWeapon
RealGM
And1: 877

Post#553 » by TheSecretWeapon » Tue May 12, 2015 4:20 am

Quick and dirty estimated PPA scores from game 4 (in PPA, average = 100 and higher is better)

- Pierce -- 262
- Beal -- 238
- Nenê -- 134
- Sessions -- 80
- Bynum -- 64
- Porter -- 48
- Gortat -- -58
- Gooden -- -133
- Temple -- -496
"A lot of what we call talent is the desire to practice."
-- Malcolm Gladwell

Check out my blog about the Wizards, movies, writing, music, TV, sports, and whatever else comes to mind.
nuposse04
RealGM
And1: 2,439

Post#554 » by nuposse04 » Tue May 12, 2015 4:40 am

So...Temple is a monster then? :P
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#555 » by hands11 » Tue May 12, 2015 4:51 am

nuposse04 wrote:So...Temple is a monster then? :P

Yeah. His 4 mins was the difference.

But seriously..

Come back Otto .... Come back Hammer. Come back Gooden

They have to get those 3 going better next game.

I expect Wall will suit up for Game 5 now.
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,883

GT #4, Round 2: ATL Hawks @ Wizards 7 PM (TNT/99.1 FM) [5/11/15] 

Post#556 » by TGW » Tue May 12, 2015 4:54 am

If Wall plays, we arguably sweep this Hawks team. They are not impressive at all.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
KidHawk2020
Freshman
And1: 17

Post#557 » by KidHawk2020 » Tue May 12, 2015 4:58 am

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:
KidHawk2020 wrote:
fishercob wrote:

Swagger means that Washington without Wall could have tied the game at 104. They also should have been give the ball when Korver traveled.

Everybody has injuries, either you win or you lose. No excuses in the playoffs. Atlanta is missing their best perimeter defender in Thabo Sefalosha, which would have been guarding Pierce in late game situations, but he gone for the year injured. Milsap himself is just getting back from his shoulder injury, Horford too with the dislocated finger. So everybody got injuries, only the strong survive my brotha. Look at Cleveland, with Love out. Nobody is gonna feel sorry for Cleveland if they lose, cause Love got hurt. You either win or you don't that's it.

Wall has great talent, but that dude always getting hurt. Horford has been hurt for Atlanta last few years when it came to the playoffs, now he's healthy. So it all evens out man.

Be afraid tho, cause Korver hasn't done nothing so far. The man is due, he's too good of a shooter to stay cold. What cha gonna do when Kyle Korver goes wild on you!!!!

See ya'll in the "A"!!!
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,969

Post#558 » by FAH1223 » Tue May 12, 2015 5:05 am

KidHawk2020 wrote:
Everybody has injuries, either you win or you lose. No excuses in the playoffs. Atlanta is missing their best perimeter defender in Thabo Sefalosha, which would have been guarding Pierce in late game situations, but he gone for the year injured. Milsap himself is just getting back from his shoulder injury, Horford too with the dislocated finger. So everybody got injuries, only the strong survive my brotha. Look at Cleveland, with Love out. Nobody is gonna feel sorry for Cleveland if they lose, cause Love got hurt. You either win or you don't that's it.

Wall has great talent, but that dude always getting hurt. Horford has been hurt for Atlanta last few years when it came to the playoffs, now he's healthy. So it all evens out man.

Be afraid tho, cause Korver hasn't done nothing so far. The man is due, he's too good of a shooter to stay cold. What cha gonna do when Kyle Korver goes wild on you!!!!

See ya'll in the "A"!!!

Wall played in 200+ straight games dating back to January 2013. He's been an iron man the last two years and has played through smaller injuries but has been pretty healthy. He's not always hurt.

And Korver is having a difficult time because Beal is not letting him get airspace and Beal is also going at him offensively. Kyle can't pick him up when Beal puts it off the bounce and is driving the rack.

Beal postgame said he is not going to let Kyle catch the ball.

Good luck in the Eastern Conference Finals.
thricethefun
Junior
And1: 46

Post#559 » by thricethefun » Tue May 12, 2015 5:13 am

KidHawk2020 wrote:
Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:
KidHawk2020 wrote:

See ya'll in the "A"!!!

So much stupidity in this post where do I even start.

1. Wall is not always getting hurt. This was his first injury where he missed any time in 2 seasons.
2. Cleveland losing Love is not comparable with us losing Wall. Wall IS our offense. He has been for his whole career. Cleveland lost Love yes but they have Lebron freaking James on their team. We're talking about the best player on the planet and probably a top 5 player of all time.
3. Don't even try to compare losing Sefalosha with Wall. Just don't. Or Horford for that matter.
4. Korver isn't getting any looks because Beal is playing lock down D on him. He should not have been an all star.
thricethefun
Junior
And1: 46

Post#560 » by thricethefun » Tue May 12, 2015 5:15 am

FAH1223 wrote:
KidHawk2020 wrote:

See ya'll in the "A"!!!

Wall played in 200+ straight games dating back to January 2013. He's been an iron man the last two years and has played through smaller injuries but has been pretty healthy. He's not always hurt.

And Korver is having a difficult time because Beal is not letting him get airspace and Beal is also going at him offensively. Kyle can't pick him up when Beal puts it off the bounce and is driving the rack.

Beal postgame said he is not going to let Kyle catch the ball.

Good luck in the Eastern Conference Finals.

Series isn't over bro.

Return to Washington Wizards