ImageImageImageImageImage

Game Thread #5, Round 2 Wizards @ Hawks 5/13 8PM (TNT/99.1 FM)

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

Who wins Game 5?

Poll ended at Thu May 14, 2015 5:52 am

Wizards
50%
Hawks
50%

Total votes: 16

DANNYLANDOVER
Veteran
And1: 438

Re: Game Thread #5, Round 2 Wizards @ Hawks 5/13 8PM (TNT/99.1 FM) 

Post#601 » by DANNYLANDOVER » Thu May 14, 2015 4:30 am

Illmatic12 wrote:I just want to get this off my chest.. Nene is a 7' tall pos basketball player. What a garbage effort from him, I can't stand how he plays. And always complaining to the refs and looking for calls, just PLAY you big loaf.

There's a perfect term to describe Nene with, but it's not very PC considering the man's personal health history. But you all know what I am talking about, and that's exactly what he is.

Cannot wait until we replace him with a talented young guy like Bobby Portis who isn't just playing ball for a pay check:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFxh9i6QNEY[/youtube]

Did we trade for a real GM?
dangermouse
Lead Assistant
And1: 814

Post#602 » by dangermouse » Thu May 14, 2015 6:40 am

Thought the refereeing was a joke

Win or lose, at least John Wall's brass balls playing on multiple fractures makes Derrick Rose look like a b*tch
long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:
NatP4 wrote:but why would the pacers want Mahinmi's contract

Well, in fairness, we took Mike Pence off their hands. Taking back Mahinmi is the least they can do.
WallToWall
Veteran
And1: 937

Post#603 » by WallToWall » Thu May 14, 2015 6:47 am

FAH1223 wrote:Horford traveled on the final play too.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/tony_fratto/status/598679430224031744[/tweet]

oh wow! Wouldnt have believed it till I saw it again.

Refs missed another BIG call, and Atlanta stole a game.
crackhed
Assistant Coach
And1: 66

Post#604 » by crackhed » Thu May 14, 2015 7:27 am

^ no they didn't. refs pocket the whistle in the last play everyone should know that.. especially nene
"I never apologize. I'm sorry but that's just the kind of man I am"
H. Simpson
JudBuchler
Rookie
And1: 787

Post#605 » by JudBuchler » Thu May 14, 2015 7:52 am

why does nene look like hes sick,hes playing like a puzzy, its sickening , hes the worst at 50/50 type of balls, he will never come away with it, he had two hands on the ball there and coldnt secure it , and then falls to the floor smh

thats irritating, and to top it off hes playing like garbage on offense too missing point blank shots ,getting blocked
WashWiz54
Veteran
And1: 434

Post#606 » by WashWiz54 » Thu May 14, 2015 8:12 am

We're blowing them out game 6. I'll put any money with any fan (Hawk or Wizard) on that. I'm not scared, and I do believe we can do it, 100%.

This was John's tune up and in DC, we won't fall. I'm being serious, if you think the Hawks have it, put your money where your mouth is! We'll discuss terms of the bet in PM. Doubters, put your money where your mouth is....
KidHawk2020
Freshman
And1: 17

Post#607 » by KidHawk2020 » Thu May 14, 2015 9:59 am

WallToWall wrote:
FAH1223 wrote:Horford traveled on the final play too.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/tony_fratto/status/598679430224031744[/tweet]

oh wow! Wouldnt have believed it till I saw it again.

Refs missed another BIG call, and Atlanta stole a game.

Stop crying about the refs, lol. If you slow mo tons of plays, you'll be able to see whatever you want. In real time and speed you can't see this stuff. Same as when the ball goes out of bounds when two players are going for it, if you slow mo replayed all of those plays I bet you atleast 1/3 of those are wrong calls. The game isn't played in slow mo replay so relax with the nonsense.

There was a play earlier in the game where the ball clearly went off of Gortat's foot and they called jump ball and Washington ended up getting the ball. Man at the end of the day, you win or you lose. No excuses!

You win or lose regardless of calls, fouls and everything else. You'd be a fool to think the refs would call a travel there. No way...
Tricky_Kid
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,771

Post#608 » by Tricky_Kid » Thu May 14, 2015 11:02 am

Nene is being pathethic for a long time, i wonder how Randy can't try Hump instead of Nene. Drew is non factor this series too.

Last play sticking with Nene instead of Gortat, our coach can't learn on own mistakes.
Tricky_Kid
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,771

Post#609 » by Tricky_Kid » Thu May 14, 2015 11:18 am

this series is over :(
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,527

Post#610 » by closg00 » Thu May 14, 2015 11:27 am

Ya know a former Wiz I would like back for this series? The high-flying, 3-point shooting Booker.

How sad is it that Mike Muscala can get 15 minutes of PT while Kevin cannot be trusted for even 5. ATL used 10 players, Randy 9.
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,870

Post#611 » by payitforward » Thu May 14, 2015 11:32 am

Tricky_Kid wrote:Nene is being pathethic for a long time, i wonder how Randy can't try Hump instead of Nene. Drew is non factor this series too....

Take a look at the box scores of our wins -- Gooden has played great ball.
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
payitforward
RealGM

Post#612 » by payitforward » Thu May 14, 2015 11:42 am

Most of the analysis of this game by posters has made little sense to me. We didn't lose because Gortat was out, and we certainly didn't lose because Randy coached poorly -- the guy has coached a brilliant series.

Atlanta did just about everything they could to give us this game. They turned it over 23 times. They shot badly. They couldn't make 3-pointers.

They gave us 5 more shots on basket than they had. We couldn't get them to drop. But, worse -- way worse! -- was that they gave us 5 more FT attempts than they had as well. We couldn't make those either. We went 11 for 16 from the line. 68%. Atlanta went 9 for 11.

Basketball isn't rocket science. And nearly all playoff games are close games. You miss your FTs, you're likely to lose. And that's what happened last night.

Go 13 for 16 from the line, and we win the game. Period. Make the f@@king free throws!
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
stevemcqueen1
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,137

Post#613 » by stevemcqueen1 » Thu May 14, 2015 11:53 am

KidHawk2020 wrote:Stop crying about the refs, lol. If you slow mo tons of plays, you'll be able to see whatever you want. In real time and speed you can't see this stuff. Same as when the ball goes out of bounds when two players are going for it, if you slow mo replayed all of those plays I bet you atleast 1/3 of those are wrong calls. The game isn't played in slow mo replay so relax with the nonsense.

There was a play earlier in the game where the ball clearly went off of Gortat's foot and they called jump ball and Washington ended up getting the ball. Man at the end of the day, you win or you lose. No excuses!

You win or lose regardless of calls, fouls and everything else. You'd be a fool to think the refs would call a travel there. No way...

Easy to say when your team is the beneficiary of most of the blown calls.
payitforward
RealGM

Post#614 » by payitforward » Thu May 14, 2015 11:54 am

closg00 wrote:Ya know a former Wiz I would like back for this series? The high-flying, 3-point shooting Booker.

How sad is it that Mike Muscala can get 15 minutes of PT while Kevin cannot be trusted for even 5. ATL used 10 players, Randy 9.

Agreed. Booker could well have been a factor. But then again...

So could Mike Muscala -- as a Wizard I mean!! Instead we actually gave away a 2d R2 pick for a chance to waive Glen Rice!! And...

So could Jordan Clarkson.
So could Draymond Green or Jae Crowder.
So could Kyle O'Quinn.
So could Chandler Parsons or Isalah Thomas.

But Ernie is way too smart to acquire young talent. Nah... there are guys on the waiver wire, or who've been out of the league a year or two, or... whatever. Ernie gets those guys. They're always available, and that's why R2 doesn't matter.

There's a hard ceiling on the Washington Wizards. His name is Ernie Grunfeld.
fishercob
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Game Thread #5, Round 2 Wizards @ Hawks 5/13 8PM (TNT/99.1 FM) 

Post#615 » by fishercob » Thu May 14, 2015 12:05 pm

Wiz in 7.
dandridge 10
Veteran
And1: 537

Post#616 » by dandridge 10 » Thu May 14, 2015 12:14 pm

payitforward wrote:Most of the analysis of this game by posters has made little sense to me. We didn't lose because Gortat was out, and we certainly didn't lose because Randy coached poorly -- the guy has coached a brilliant series.

Atlanta did just about everything they could to give us this game. They turned it over 23 times. They shot badly. They couldn't make 3-pointers.

They gave us 5 more shots on basket than they had. We couldn't get them to drop. But, worse -- way worse! -- was that they gave us 5 more FT attempts than they had as well. We couldn't make those either. We went 11 for 16 from the line. 68%. Atlanta went 9 for 11.

Basketball isn't rocket science. And nearly all playoff games are close games. You miss your FTs, you're likely to lose. And that's what happened last night.

Go 13 for 16 from the line, and we win the game. Period. Make the f@@king free throws!

Agree on the missed FTs as being a critical factor for the loss. I would add that our own TOs, a stagnant offense in the last 7 minutes of the game, the lack of any production from the bench, and the inability to get the 50/50 balls also contributed highly to the loss.

Nene is my least favorite player on the Wizards, but I'm not going to pin the blame solely on him or Wittman for the loss. This was a total team loss.

I am probably naïve, but I think we win Game 6 and force a Game 7 in Atlanta. I just don't think Atlanta is good enough to beat us 3 times in a row. However, I'm not going to call who wins Game 7. To me, that last game will likely come down to the wire and is anyone's game. Hope its the good guys, but certainly the odds are not with us now.
payitforward
RealGM

Post#617 » by payitforward » Thu May 14, 2015 12:35 pm

stevemcqueen1 wrote:
KidHawk2020 wrote:Stop crying about the refs, lol. If you slow mo tons of plays, you'll be able to see whatever you want. In real time and speed you can't see this stuff. Same as when the ball goes out of bounds when two players are going for it, if you slow mo replayed all of those plays I bet you atleast 1/3 of those are wrong calls. The game isn't played in slow mo replay so relax with the nonsense.

Easy to say when your team is the beneficiary of most of the blown calls.

No. He's right. Every team's fans thinks the refs favor the other team. The Hawks didn't win the game; we lost it -- make the damn FTs, and we win.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,992

Re: Re: Game Thread #5, Round 2 Wizards @ Hawks 5/13 8PM (TNT/99.1 FM) 

Post#618 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu May 14, 2015 12:44 pm

closg00 wrote:Ya know a former Wiz I would like back for this series? The high-flying, 3-point shooting Booker.

It's sad guys like Humphries and Blair and Butler can practice all year just to not play (except 5 minutes in Humphries' case) all playoffs. Seraphin could have done better against Muscala than Nene did.

Randy doesn't have any sense of creativity ot open mindedness.
payitforward
RealGM

Post#619 » by payitforward » Thu May 14, 2015 12:46 pm

dandridge 10 wrote:...our own TOs, ...lack of any production from the bench, ...inability to get the 50/50 balls also contributed highly to the loss.

I've never believed in the "50/50 ball" concept. We got as many offensive boards as they did, and we went to the line more than they did.

Of course our TOs contributed to the loss, but every team turns the ball over in every game, and we turned it over less than they did. TOs didn't cost us the game.

Bench production: you can't count on aging bench guys (or starters for that matter) to be able to *sustain* a high level of efficient production over an extended playoffs like what we have in the NBA. You *have to have* some young, "energy" talent off the bench. We have none. Zero.

Why single out Nene, btw? Pierce hit a big shot late in the game, but before that shot he was 2-8. Not critiqueing Paul Pierce here, btw! But being 37 is being 37 -- at some point no matter if you're a HOF player your energy will flag. The problem is how few other options we have. We don't have a single young, "energy" player to bring off the bench. Not even one.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,992

Re: Re: Game Thread #5, Round 2 Wizards @ Hawks 5/13 8PM (TNT/99.1 FM) 

Post#620 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu May 14, 2015 12:49 pm

dandridge 10 wrote:
payitforward wrote:Most of the analysis of this game by posters has made little sense to me. We didn't lose because Gortat was out, and we certainly didn't lose because Randy coached poorly -- the guy has coached a brilliant series.

Agree on the missed FTs as being a critical factor for the loss. I would add that our own TOs, a stagnant offense in the last 7 minutes of the game, the lack of any production from the bench, and the inability to get the 50/50 balls also contributed highly to the loss.

Nene is my least favorite player on the Wizards, but I'm not going to pin the blame solely on him or Wittman for the loss. This was a total team loss.

I am probably naïve, but I think we win Game 6 and force a Game 7 in Atlanta. I just don't think Atlanta is good enough to beat us 3 times in a row. However, I'm not going to call who wins Game 7. To me, that last game will likely come down to the wire and is anyone's game. Hope its the good guys, but certainly the odds are not with us now.

The last 7 minutes is when just for one possession Wittman could have inserted Seraphin or Humphries.

The odds are not with us. Still, I will say from my heart the Wizards will win in 7.

Return to Washington Wizards