John Wall, Bradley Beal & Otto Porter 2015 Playoffs Appreciation Thread

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

TheSecretWeapon
RealGM
And1: 877

Re: John Wall, Bradley Beal & Otto Porter 2015 Playoffs Appreciation Thread 

Post#61 » by TheSecretWeapon » Mon May 18, 2015 9:37 pm

Darko Miliminutes wrote:
I don't need to agreed with. I'm not here because i want to be right.

Good thing my man. ;)
"A lot of what we call talent is the desire to practice."
-- Malcolm Gladwell

Check out my blog about the Wizards, movies, writing, music, TV, sports, and whatever else comes to mind.
Darko Miliminutes
Analyst
And1: 425

Post#62 » by Darko Miliminutes » Mon May 18, 2015 9:59 pm

TheSecretWeapon wrote:
Darko Miliminutes wrote:

Good thing my man. ;)

Though i suspect time will prove that i am. :nod:
Will you fools ever realize that when the cameras are on and the microphones are hot, they are Lying to you! Lying to illicit a prescribed reaction, to easier manipulate you.

Useful idiots!
AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,160

Post#63 » by AFM » Mon May 18, 2015 10:06 pm

Darko Miliminutes wrote:
TheSecretWeapon wrote:
Darko Miliminutes wrote:

Good thing my man. ;)

You're already wrong, very wrong. :banghead:

Doesn't know how to run a half court offense? That was true in 2012, get with the times brother. Did you watch any games this year? You know he was #2 in assists right?
Darko Miliminutes
Analyst
And1: 425

Post#64 » by Darko Miliminutes » Mon May 18, 2015 10:15 pm

Good god Bradley beal can run the PnR too. Whoopdee dooo.
Will you fools ever realize that when the cameras are on and the microphones are hot, they are Lying to you! Lying to illicit a prescribed reaction, to easier manipulate you.

Useful idiots!
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,888

Post#65 » by TGW » Mon May 18, 2015 10:41 pm

Darko Miliminutes wrote:Good god Bradley beal can run the PnR too. Whoopdee dooo.

I think that filthy Detroit air has destroyed what little brain capacity you ever had...
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,994

Re: Re: John Wall, Bradley Beal & Otto Porter 2015 Playoffs Appreciation Thread 

Post#66 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Mon May 18, 2015 10:44 pm

nate33 wrote:These playoffs were so different from last year. Last year, we were led by Nene, Ariza, and Beal. Wall had a weak performance and Porter was DNP CD. Our success was nice, but it wasn't an indication that we were a "team of the future" or anything like that.

This time, we were led by Wall, Beal, Porter and Gortat (and, of course, Pierce, in limited minutes). The guys that carried us are also the core guys who will anchor our team in 2016 and beyond. There is now little doubt that the Wizards will be a force in the East for the next several years. All free agents will take notice. Who wouldn't want to play for a team that has best pass-first PG in the league under the age of 30, a guy who looks like he'll be a top 5 SG in Beal, an above-average two-way center in Gortat, and an unselfish uber glue guy in Porter?

Great post.

The three youngest Wizards played well this playoffs.

Regardless of whether you or anyone else thinks I hate Wall I noticed a huge difference between Wall this playoffs and last.
Earth2Ted
Junior
And1: 58

Post#67 » by Earth2Ted » Tue May 19, 2015 12:15 am

fishercob wrote:It.

You remember "it," right? That thing that Pierce said that Toronto didn't have?

Well, John Wall -- who played his heart out with five breaks in his hand -- he has "it."

Bradley Beal, who outscored Kyle Korver 52-5 over the past two games and made numerous tough shots, has "it."

Otto Porter has "it." He needs to develop it some more, but it's there.

The reason losing hurts is because I don't get to watch these guys play anymore this year and I loved doing so. These guys hate to lose more than they love to win; they care. They somehow understand the connection between a team and its long suffering fans.

This young troika has IT. They're going to become great together here. There's hope and solace in that.

+1

What guts by Wall to even be out on the court with those fractures- as glorious as it would've been to steal that series from the Hawks, I'll take a healthy and hungry Wall in 2015-16 anyday. Something tells me in the parallel universe where Horford gets boxed out and we move on the the ECF finals, that Wall ends up falling on that wrist again and wrecking it permanently.

It's easy to forget, but what Beal did in the Atlanta series was on an injured ankle that at first looked like it might be as bad as Wall's injury. He's 21 years old, and if the basketball gods have any sense of decency, they'll grant him some good health for once and let him develop into the star that he should be.

Great to see Otto starting to blossom at 21 as well, from the ugly red headed step duckling that he seemed to be, to hopefully becoming a legit wingman for a championship contender.

Looks like Nene ended up being the goat (lowercase letters) in the series. Only bright side is, any upgrades almost have to be at the 4, and we'll have cap room to do it.

And as much as we love to hate on Ernie, he's the guy that sold Gilbert Arenas on DC once upon a time. With Wall, Beal, and Porter, he'll actually have something worth selling this time around.
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#68 » by hands11 » Tue May 19, 2015 1:58 am

The team is ancient.. There is no hope. They are cursed. Ted sucks. EG sucks. Randy sucks. Wall. Sucks. Beal hops to much and shots to many long 2 and has no handles. Otto is to thin. He a bust. Gortat sucks. He was just good for a contract year. Webster was a terrible signing. They blow it letting TA go. Gortat for a first LOL... Nene is done. Hump has no range. Rasual is old as dirt. Temple sucks. Sessions can't make a layup. Kevin is horrible. Blair is fat and horrible. And Paul is old as dirt. Gooden sucks. Terrible drafting. Selling picks. Signing Maybor. Suck. Terrible. Cursed.

I think we have dedicated threads for most of this..

Spoiler:
Yet they were a healthy Wall and two made 3s from Paul from likely beating ATL and being in the ECF
A TOR sweep. Back to back 2nd round playoff appearances. How many on the board where on the wrong side of most of this rebuild and missed the entire thing ? Answer... very many.
crackhed
Assistant Coach
And1: 66

Post#69 » by crackhed » Tue May 19, 2015 4:04 am

Darko Miliminutes wrote:
TheSecretWeapon wrote:
Darko Miliminutes wrote:

Good thing my man. ;)

ur not a moron but a skeptic, my apologies. but ur ignoring what many good ball analysts have said about john.. he's a reliable jumper away from being an mvp candidate
"I never apologize. I'm sorry but that's just the kind of man I am"
H. Simpson
dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 16,008

Post#70 » by dckingsfan » Tue May 19, 2015 7:38 pm

crackhed wrote:
Darko Miliminutes wrote:
TheSecretWeapon wrote:
Good thing my man. ;)

ur not a moron but a skeptic, my apologies. but ur ignoring what many good ball analysts have said about john.. he's a reliable jumper away from being an mvp candidate

At this point in his career - I would normally argue with you. But Jason Kidd developed a 3 ball late to prolong his career.

Return to Washington Wizards