Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Re: Where is doc? The long lost WizFans thread 

Post#61 » by Ruzious » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:59 pm

fishercob wrote:
Cramer wrote:lol.....well look at this.

I ended up moving to NC about 3 years ago. An old family farm became available and in a matter of about 3 weeks, it was bought, the house in NOVA sold, and country living became the way of life. Absolutely love it. Get to work from home looking out my office window at horses in the pasture and working on Obamacare (security on the IRS side of the house). It's hard to find the time to venture into this place with work, work around the farm, and trying to bring a 1927 farm house up to meet the wife's stringent comfort requirements.

I do miss the old days though. There were a lot of people in here that kinda felt like family.

What's Scottie Reynolds up to?

According to his Wikipedia page, On January 22, 2015, he signed with BeÅŸiktaÅŸ of the Turkish Basketball League.

Hey, if you have a Wikipedia page, that means you made it, imo.

Or... that you committed a horrible crime.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
fishercob
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#62 » by fishercob » Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:24 pm

Ruzious wrote:
fishercob wrote:
Cramer wrote:lol.....well look at this.

I ended up moving to NC about 3 years ago. An old family farm became available and in a matter of about 3 weeks, it was bought, the house in NOVA sold, and country living became the way of life. Absolutely love it. Get to work from home looking out my office window at horses in the pasture and working on Obamacare (security on the IRS side of the house). It's hard to find the time to venture into this place with work, work around the farm, and trying to bring a 1927 farm house up to meet the wife's stringent comfort requirements.

I do miss the old days though. There were a lot of people in here that kinda felt like family.

What's Scottie Reynolds up to?

According to his Wikipedia page, On January 22, 2015, he signed with BeÅŸiktaÅŸ of the Turkish Basketball League.

Hey, if you have a Wikipedia page, that means you made it, imo.

Or... that you committed a horrible crime.

They are actually a legit club -- they, Fenerbache and Efes are the three Turkish teams that tend to do well in the Euroleague. Pretty sure Beksitas is who Deron Williams played for during the lockout.
"Some people have a way with words....some people....not have way."
— Steve Martin
Cramer
Lead Assistant
And1: 381

Post#63 » by Cramer » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:04 pm

Turkey, eh? Still surprised no one ever really gave him a look.
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,354

Post#64 » by Kanyewest » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:03 pm

Reynolds was great as a freshman but he never really got better. In his senior year, he also struggled immensely in the tournament and Villanova lost early on in his senior year to St. Marys. Although Reynolds was guarded by Matthew Delevadova of St. Marys so that probably had a lot to do with it- but there was also some rumors that Reynolds wasn't getting along with his teammate Corey Fisher.
Cramer
Lead Assistant
And1: 381

Post#65 » by Cramer » Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:04 pm

Well, the actual rumor was that Fisher was knocking the bottom out of Scottie's girlfriend.
doclinkin
RealGM
And1: 5,357

Post#66 » by doclinkin » Tue Mar 1, 2016 4:22 pm

Ruzious wrote:Yeah, now that Doc's back, it'd be cool for Cramer, Hoopa, Ed Wood, SD20 and a bunch of others that left a mark here to return. The beer is cold.

Ed Wood wrote:I can't believe that I'm choosing this comedic tour de force of a thread to fulfill my serious post quota, but I'd just like to point out that characterizing the expressed desire to see turnover in the front office of the Wizards as panic demonstrates a lack of a sense of history, both of the team and of the board.

Never mind that the arguments against the effective operation of the team can be quantified, read out in the gap between the modest statistical benchmarks each new acquisition can ostensibly claim and the more barren reality revealed by any semi-serious attempt to apply more rigor and method to those numbers.

There's no panic here because panic would imply a suddenness and urgency that is so many years behind us now if it ever existed. Grunfeld has run this team poorly for a long, long time, and so, having come to realize this, we more or less constantly hope that he'll be fired and things will get better. I don't necessarily root for the team to actively fail to fascillitate that anymore because it's already happened, happened a second and third time after that, and nothing was so accomplished. So I'd happily see the team win the NBA Finals and then fire Grunfeld the next day; there's simply too much assembled evidence weighed against his competency at this point to counterbalance anything but a sustained run of excellent decisions spanning a number of years. I'd prefer not to give him that chance because I can put only so much faith in the notion of regression to the mean, but frankly he was equally obliged to make up for having been a moron for some time half a decade ago and he's spent the intervening time being **** at running a basketball team.

So I'm not panicking here, leisurely preparing to mosey back down that hill and start again with my boulder perhaps, but I am a learning animal so when I've nearly pushed it to the top and its contract is renewed for another couple of years I hardly panic.

I laugh.

Welcome back Ed Wood.
Ed Wood
Sixth Man
And1: 262

Post#67 » by Ed Wood » Tue Mar 1, 2016 6:32 pm

doclinkin wrote:Image

Aha! I knew you couldn't resist the siren song of that many twenty word sentences.

edit: Is the joke that I'm basking in this creepy appreciation? Is it that I'm prodding Doc et al. for the mutual appreciation station thing going on? Tune in next week...
dobrojim
RealGM
And1: 3,334

Post#68 » by dobrojim » Tue Mar 1, 2016 6:32 pm

This is kind of a tease. Is Doc really 'back' without actually composing more than this ?
Need me some Doc. Glad to see EW back on board.
A lot of what we call 'thought' is just mental activity

When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression

Those who are convinced of absurdities, can be convinced to commit atrocities
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager
And1: 3,465

Post#69 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Wed Mar 2, 2016 12:10 am

dobrojim wrote:This is kind of a tease. Is Doc really 'back' without actually composing more than this ?
Need me some Doc. Glad to see EW back on board.

Exactly. What a tease. Opened up the thread expecting A+ in media res Doc heroic epic.

Got a link.

What a let down. Come on Doc. Give us some love. We need perspective. Psychotic ramblings. Poison prose. A sonnet. Haiku. Anything. We're dying here without you brother.
In Rizzo we trust
AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,159

Post#70 » by AFM » Wed Mar 2, 2016 12:49 am

He's a doc tease.
doclinkin
RealGM
And1: 5,357

Post#71 » by doclinkin » Wed Mar 2, 2016 5:32 pm

I'm on protest. Payitforward owes us a poem.

He bitched out after thinking I wouldn't write a sestina. Done. RIP Hands.

PIFfler said he'd publish in that thread if someone wrote a sestina. Now he sits rocking in his chair at the old folks home certain he'll expose himself as a fraud, sure that all his talent has fled.

I'm bout ready to out this published purportedly famous poet who edits his own wikipedia entry...
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,872

Post#72 » by payitforward » Mon Mar 7, 2016 5:49 pm

doclinkin wrote:I'm on protest. Payitforward owes us a poem.

He bitched out after thinking I wouldn't write a sestina. Done. RIP Hands.

PIFfler said he'd publish in that thread if someone wrote a sestina.

You're right -- sorry. Check the thread....
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....

Return to Washington Wizards