Some board changes and our next steps together

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

fishercob
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Re: Some board changes and our next steps together 

Post#241 » by fishercob » Wed Aug 5, 2015 5:42 pm

Induveca wrote:
Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:Pine, you'll just have to wonder whether I am being "delusional" when I say that after your comments above, I think you are a cyber bully and a hypocrite.

Moderator has moderate as a root. You shouldn't be allowed to launch into personal, emotion-filled tirades on one hand and pontificate about how you make the site content better on the other.

CCJ, give him a break. How many times do these guys have to break down dozens of offenses/warnings, a ban from the general board (which they had nothing to do with) and the incessant spamming?

The moderators on the board are the most even keeled I've ever come across, either owning boards myself, or the dozens I've frequented. Pine *especially*, he's a genuinely nice guy who isn't a knee-jerk decision maker.

Cut him some slack, as much as I respect you CCJ for the many years spent on the board, you should take a look in the mirror after these posts. They insult me, and I'm not even the intended target.

The guy had his chances, he ignored them and got axed. It's happened maybe 1-2 times in the past 6 years that I can remember. That shows excessive restraint, not "cyber bully" moderation techniques.

Give the mods a break?

Indu, I think CCJ is upset at comments PIne directed to CCJ, not about those he made about hands. FWIW CCJ, I don't think Pine intended to hurt you with his comments; that's just not who he is. Both you guys are obviously valued members of this community; I'd love to see you take it to PMs and make some peace.
"Some people have a way with words....some people....not have way."
— Steve Martin
Induveca
Head Coach
And1: 724

Post#242 » by Induveca » Wed Aug 5, 2015 6:59 pm

fishercob wrote:
Induveca wrote:
Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:Pine, you'll just have to wonder whether I am being "delusional" when I say that after your comments above, I think you are a cyber bully and a hypocrite.

Moderator has moderate as a root. You shouldn't be allowed to launch into personal, emotion-filled tirades on one hand and pontificate about how you make the site content better on the other.

CCJ, give him a break. How many times do these guys have to break down dozens of offenses/warnings, a ban from the general board (which they had nothing to do with) and the incessant spamming?

The moderators on the board are the most even keeled I've ever come across, either owning boards myself, or the dozens I've frequented. Pine *especially*, he's a genuinely nice guy who isn't a knee-jerk decision maker.

Cut him some slack, as much as I respect you CCJ for the many years spent on the board, you should take a look in the mirror after these posts. They insult me, and I'm not even the intended target.

The guy had his chances, he ignored them and got axed. It's happened maybe 1-2 times in the past 6 years that I can remember. That shows excessive restraint, not "cyber bully" moderation techniques.

Give the mods a break?

Indu, I think CCJ is upset at comments PIne directed to CCJ, not about those he made about hands. FWIW CCJ, I don't think Pine intended to hurt you with his comments; that's just not who he is. Both you guys are obviously valued members of this community; I'd love to see you take it to PMs and make some peace.

I thought I got it.....but wasn't it a week between posts? It went from emotional/defensive to whatever the hell happened for a few pages there...now back to overly emotional. Time to suck it up and move on, it wasn't Pine's intention to insult anyone. The guy is a consummate professional. If I missed a direct attack (I doubt it) I'm sure it wasn't directed towards anyone with purpose. More a general frustration with claiming gestapo like tactics to the Norway of RealGM boards.

Now CCJ if you had a few cocktails, ignore my comments completely. :)
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,869

Post#243 » by payitforward » Wed Aug 5, 2015 8:10 pm

WizTom wrote:
payitforward wrote:His new handle will be "Fingers11" -- he's been saying that for a while. Or maybe "Toes11" -- it's all in the plan.

We'll just have to wait and see.

That's what I've been saying all along; I knew the Board would come around.
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,869

Post#244 » by payitforward » Wed Aug 5, 2015 8:15 pm

Someone make book on whether this thread lasts until training camp. I hope not. Right now TC seems like it's a year and a half away!!
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,155

Post#245 » by AFM » Wed Aug 5, 2015 9:05 pm

I'll be sure it lasts baby. We gonna take it nice and slow.
fishercob
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#246 » by fishercob » Thu Aug 6, 2015 1:08 am

Not impressed with Lenny Kravitz.
"Some people have a way with words....some people....not have way."
— Steve Martin
Jaekast
Sophomore
And1: 55

Post#247 » by Jaekast » Thu Aug 6, 2015 1:09 am

Just passing by, droping off some flowers for hands.
Jaekast
Sophomore

Post#248 » by Jaekast » Thu Aug 6, 2015 1:14 am

No matter how condescending hands may have come across, his typos kept it real......he was just an over zealous fanboy who loved his Wizards. May Pine have mercy on his soul.
Jaekast
Sophomore

Post#249 » by Jaekast » Thu Aug 6, 2015 1:17 am

Candle light vigil for Hands in front of the verizon center in 10 min. C u all there.
Jaekast
Sophomore

Post#250 » by Jaekast » Thu Aug 6, 2015 1:19 am

"The letter of the law kills but the spirit brings life." ~I forgot the name of the bible verse.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,992

Post#251 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu Aug 6, 2015 8:13 am

Induveca wrote:

Give the mods a break?

Page 7 of this thread. Your admonition of me and absolution of the only person I addressed is noted.

There is no response for offense you took when you haven't been specific. You state you weren't the intended target but that I offend you. I haven't mentioned you in any way.
Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#252 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu Aug 6, 2015 8:30 am

Induveca wrote:
fishercob wrote:
Induveca wrote:

Give the mods a break?

I thought I got it.....but wasn't it a week between posts? It went from emotional/defensive to whatever the hell happened for a few pages there...now back to overly emotional. Time to suck it up and move on, it wasn't Pine's intention to insult anyone. The guy is a consummate professional. If I missed a direct attack (I doubt it) I'm sure it wasn't directed towards anyone with purpose. More a general frustration with claiming gestapo like tactics to the Norway of RealGM boards.

Now CCJ if you had a few cocktails, ignore my comments completely. :)

That last comment about cocktails reminds me of something David Stern responded to a reporter. He asked the man, "How often do you beat your wife". Stern introduced some random topic. Induveca, I don't drink.

Specifically, what I replied was carefully worded. You can be third man in all you want. You can interject all kinds of stuff like Gestapo tactics. I never said that. All I'm going to do is tell you my mind is very clear. I've already said what I feel and exactly why.

I can speak succinctly, coherently, and not fall into whatever you have in mind. Cocktails? Naw, man. That's something I could choose to be offended by but I'm not.
Bye bye Beal.
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,925

Post#253 » by tontoz » Thu Aug 6, 2015 12:40 pm

I rarely post on other teams boards other than to ask for opinions about a player. I found that so many of the mods are very quick to take offense and get censor/ban-happy so i just don't bother.
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
FreeBalling
Starter
And1: 218

Post#254 » by FreeBalling » Thu Aug 6, 2015 4:20 pm

tontoz wrote:I rarely post on other teams boards other than to ask for opinions about a player. I found that so many of the mods are very quick to take offense and get censor/ban-happy so i just don't bother.

I agree with you Tontoz, if fan shows their team colors on a site, watch out....red pen or boot is coming.

That's the culture the MODS create. it's forbidden on the Cavs site to even discuss traveling rules.
FINAL UPDATE
With full military honors, Master Sgt. James W Holt was laid to rest at Arlington National Cemetery today. May 15
You Are Not Forgotten
RIP Master Sergent Holt :usa:

The ultimate sacrifice http://taskforceomegainc.org/H061.html
FreeBalling
Starter
And1: 218

Post#255 » by FreeBalling » Thu Aug 6, 2015 4:23 pm

Jaekast wrote:Candle light vigil for Hands in front of the verizon center in 10 min. C u all there.

Welcome Jaekast, your screen name started the same day as the thread. You are just in time. :hug:
FINAL UPDATE
With full military honors, Master Sgt. James W Holt was laid to rest at Arlington National Cemetery today. May 15
You Are Not Forgotten
RIP Master Sergent Holt :usa:

The ultimate sacrifice http://taskforceomegainc.org/H061.html
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 780

Post#256 » by LyricalRico » Thu Aug 6, 2015 5:46 pm

Getting back to one of the other purposes of this thread...

pineappleheadindc wrote:Separately, we'd like board input about how we can best move discussions about the Skins, Caps, Nats, and Os onto their boards. If we start a thread for those teams here on the Wiz board, those threads are engaging and populated with lots of regulars. But we have not figured out how to get you (and new users) to move discussions off of this board and onto the other boards. If you have any thoughts, please post them here.

...the 2015 training camp thread is up on the Skins board! Camp is in full swing and the first preseason is right around the corner. Discuss it all here:

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=182&t=1402578#start_here

Go Skins! :clap:
WizTom
Junior
And1: 126

Post#257 » by WizTom » Thu Aug 6, 2015 6:02 pm

FWIW, I took a look at page 7 of this thread and I don't see anything that I would call a "personal, emotion-filled tirade".

On the other hand, calling someone "a cyber bully and a hypocrite" is rather personal and seems like it may have been filled with emotion.

In the key of G:

Kum bay ya, my Lord, kum bay ya;
Kum bay ya, my Lord, kum bay ya,
O Lord, kum bay ya.

Father Indu, I may sometimes earn admonishment. But I will continually strive to gain absolution.
WizTom
Junior
And1: 126

Post#258 » by WizTom » Thu Aug 6, 2015 6:06 pm

BigA wrote:
Jaekast wrote:2 Pac-Biggie-Nas & Hands 11 R.i.p.

Did Nas die or get banned from the board without me noticing?

Aren't dying and getting banned from the board just about the same thing?
RealGM

Post#259 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu Aug 6, 2015 7:18 pm

WizTom wrote:FWIW, I took a look at page 7 of this thread and I don't see anything that I would call a "personal, emotion-filled tirade".

On the other hand, calling someone "a cyber bully and a hypocrite" is rather personal and seems like it may have been filled with emotion.

In the key of G:

Kum bay ya, my Lord, kum bay ya,
O Lord, kum bay ya.

Father Indu, I may sometimes earn admonishment. But I will continually strive to gain absolution.

You missed where pine called AFM a dork? You missed his diatribe about what I think, delusions, what's going on in my head? (The paragraphs before his 1,2,&3). How many words, phrases, adjectives did it require and was he being professional? Or, are you intentionally added nothing to this discussion other than to defend your friend?

If you had cancer or your wife died from cancer, the last thing you will accept is a series of attacks about cancer.

WizTom, I think what you are doing is the same as induveca. Attack me when no one said a word to you, but I'm real clear on this. Do mods get to name call and attempt to ruin credibility on one hand and then assume authority roles on the other?

Read the part about ad hominem and refute it if you can, WizTom.
Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#260 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu Aug 6, 2015 8:12 pm

FreeBalling wrote:
Jaekast wrote:Candle light vigil for Hands in front of the verizon center in 10 min. C u all there.

Welcome Jaekast, your screen name started the same day as the thread. You are just in time. :hug:

Mighty ironic timing. I think this is quite the coincidence. Jaekast will be sure to post responsibly, hopefully?
Bye bye Beal.

Return to Washington Wizards