Post#21 » by Hypnotizer » Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:45 pm

I've just typed 'hands11' and servers went down for 2 hrs. :D
Thanks for the link, monte!
benb331
Pro Prospect
And1: 314

Re: Forum problems 

Post#22 » by benb331 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:37 pm

It's kinda funny seeing modern companies, often profitless and backed by venture capital, building out slick platforms to attract users who they hope will generate great content, one day leading to advertisements. Here, we've got a stodgy old forum, (too) well equipped with advertisements and an amazing user base churning out content by the minute. But we can't get a decent platform!

Short sighted business at its finest. Forego capital investment and defer maintenance for those sweet today $$$'s, but see what happens RealGM? No site availability, no $$$'s today, less $$$'s tomorrow. Invest in this beast, please.
AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,161

Post#23 » by AFM » Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:05 pm

Funny you all mention hands, I came here to post that I have word that he has been DDoSing this site as payback
fishercob
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#24 » by fishercob » Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:43 am

After 12 years, I'm almost ready to call it quits here. This website is a piece of ****.
"Some people have a way with words....some people....not have way."
— Steve Martin
AFM
General Manager

Post#25 » by AFM » Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:01 am

You have to remember, this is a board where the "moderators" (Orwellian for "tyrants") came together in the wee small hours of the morning to ban the most active and loyal wizards fan, simply for loving the community and the wizards too much. You can't really expect too much from these boards.
benb331
Pro Prospect

Post#26 » by benb331 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:08 am

AFM wrote:You have to remember, this is a board where the "moderators" (Orwellian for "tyrants") came together in the wee small hours of the morning to ban the most active and loyal wizards fan, simply for loving the community and the wizards too much. You can't really expect too much from these boards.

Nothing personal here, really enjoy your posts, but for the sake of maintaining clarity in this thread:

BOOO!!! Keep that ish over in the Hands Memorial Thread. Unless one of our Wiz Board mods is a secret angel RealGM investor, they have absolutely nothing to do with how crappy this site is. That's 100% on the ownership, the leadership, and the IT staff of RealGM. This thread should be a beacon to those folks and not to our mods. Here, we'll threaten the culprits with mass user attrition, whiny public posts, vaguely raunchy PM's, and - if we succeed in the campaign to collect the right mailing addresses - rank packages of unidentifiable feces on their front doorsteps.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,994

Post#27 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:35 am

AFM wrote:Funny you all mention hands, I came here to post that I have word that he has been DDoSing this site as payback

Dude is hella dangerous if so. (I know you're kidding)

His revenge is a bitch! (I am kidding)

:P
Bye bye Beal.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,704

Post#28 » by montestewart » Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:35 am

benb331 wrote:packages of unidentifiable feces on their front doorsteps

Ever watch CSI? Turds are like fingerprints and snowflakes. You might as well give them your library card.
RealGM

Post#29 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:37 am

benb331 wrote:
AFM wrote:You have to remember, this is a board where the "moderators" (Orwellian for "tyrants") came together in the wee small hours of the morning to ban the most active and loyal wizards fan, simply for loving the community and the wizards too much. You can't really expect too much from these boards.

Nothing personal here, really enjoy your posts, but for the sake of maintaining clarity in this thread:

BOOO!!! Keep that ish over in the Hands Memorial Thread. Unless one of our Wiz Board mods is a secret angel RealGM investor, they have absolutely nothing to do with how crappy this site is. That's 100% on the ownership, the leadership, and the IT staff of RealGM. This thread should be a beacon to those folks and not to our mods. Here, we'll threaten the culprits with mass user attrition, whiny public posts, vaguely raunchy PM's, and - if we succeed in the campaign to collect the right mailing addresses - rank packages of unidentifiable feces on their front doorsteps.

I started this off by saying what drives high value customers away is ... IDK? I brought up hands because I know how much he loved this site and it never really did sit well how he got axed, even though he pissed off a WHOLE LOT OF YOU....

benb331, this isn't the hands memorial but IMO (POSSIBLY BY YOUR STERN REDIRECT ATTEMPT) you're starting something here when YOU could bounce from this one thread. Just my 2 cents.... :D

HISTORICAL POST: 7/27/15

Dat2U wrote:
AFM wrote:milellie111 -- not banned

hands11 -- banned

This is a good point. Milellie111 was an obvious troll. Hands11 was a devoted fan who posted too much and tended to dominate the discussion. This does seem a bit unfair.

My biggest concern however is the long term health of the board. Me and a few others have been here over 14 years. I just want to help insure were here in another 14 years and well beyond that. If Hands11 was costing us posters then that's a major concern for me. But I do agree it's hard to imagine a scenario where you have to ban a passionate fan.
Bye bye Beal.
WallToWall
Veteran
And1: 937

Post#30 » by WallToWall » Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:10 am

I dont know whats going on with our web site, but its been having issues lately. We just had another "drop". If there is maintenance going on, perhaps it can be scheduled/advertised. Hey, I am just a user of this form...I am happy to have a place where I can share opinions about my team and keep up with it. Yes, from a user perspective, it is free. Still, this site must be worthy enough for free. :)
benb331
Pro Prospect

Post#31 » by benb331 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:10 am

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:benb331, this isn't the hands memorial but IMO (POSSIBLY BY YOUR STERN REDIRECT ATTEMPT) you're starting something here when YOU could bounce from this one thread. Just my 2 cents.... :D

Really? It wasn't my intent to start anything, and I'll gladly bounce from this thread to focus on basketball and other more important things.

But let me tone down the language, which was purely for entertainment and not strife, and clarify my point. The hands saga was well argued on both sides, and I'm neutral on the conclusion. I'm just here to read well-informed and entertaining people talk about the Washington Wizards. The site problems are clearly interfering with users' ability to read and participate in that discussion.

Other than your valid point that both the site problems and the hands situation may drive away users, the issue in this thread and the issue with hands are entirely separate in the nature of the problem and the culpable parties. One is in the responsibility of moderators (hands) the other is the responsibility of ownership, admins, and IT (technical site problems). I'd just hate to see the black-and-white issue that this site has inexcusable technical problems become muddled with the gray area that was the handling of hands.
RealGM

Post#32 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:28 am

benb331 wrote:
Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:benb331, this isn't the hands memorial but IMO (POSSIBLY BY YOUR STERN REDIRECT ATTEMPT) you're starting something here when YOU could bounce from this one thread. Just my 2 cents.... :D

Really? It wasn't my intent to start anything, and I'll gladly bounce from this thread to focus on basketball and other more important things.

But let me tone down the language, which was purely for entertainment and not strife, and clarify my point. The hands saga was well argued on both sides, and I'm neutral on the conclusion. I'm just here to read well-informed and entertaining people talk about the Washington Wizards. The site problems are clearly interfering with users' ability to read and participate in that discussion.

Other than your valid point that both the site problems and the hands situation may drive away users, the issue in this thread and the issue with hands are entirely separate in the nature of the problem and the culpable parties. One is in the responsibility of moderators (hands) the other is the responsibility of ownership, admins, and IT (technical site problems). I'd just hate to see the black-and-white issue that this site has inexcusable technical problems become muddled with the gray area that was the handling of hands.

Awesome!

Don't bounce. I enjoyed your post. Sometimes, people who disagree with me show me I'm wrong (like, I eventually get it!). :D
Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#33 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:36 pm

pineappleheadindc wrote:Guys, site admins have been alerted and are working fixes. Hang in there!

I kinda dig funky, quirky RealGM.

It's like a comm problem in the field, pine. Being on a deployment and not getting satellite uplink or just getting hit and miss signal attenuation.

Not that I would know about that too much...just I've never had to worry or guess how jacked up the forums might be.

No biggie.
Bye bye Beal.
JWizmentality
RealGM
And1: 5,093

Post#34 » by JWizmentality » Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:17 pm

I've experienced a few outages here and there but nothing as excessive as some of you are describing. And I have so many ad programs installed that I'm never bothered by them.
MJG
Assistant Coach
And1: 151

Post#35 » by MJG » Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:50 pm

This site as a whole is pretty garbage, in my opinion. I never visit RealGM because enjoy the site itself; I only visit because there's a group of posters on the Wizards forum whose opinions, thoughts, and ideas I enjoy reading. The site is just baggage I tolerate to get that content. If Kevin, Nate, Dat, fisher, et al. ever hold a meeting and decide to take their talents to another site, that's the day RealGM is gone from my bookmarks.
fishercob
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#36 » by fishercob » Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:03 pm

MJG wrote:This site as a whole is pretty garbage, in my opinion. I never visit RealGM because enjoy the site itself; I only visit because there's a group of posters on the Wizards forum whose opinions, thoughts, and ideas I enjoy reading. The site is just baggage I tolerate to get that content. If Kevin, Nate, Dat, fisher, et al. ever hold a meeting and decide to take their talents to another site, that's the day RealGM is gone from my bookmarks.

I'm down.
"Some people have a way with words....some people....not have way."
— Steve Martin
AFM
General Manager

Post#37 » by AFM » Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:06 pm

I want my and1 count to come with me though. Induveca can finally put his money where his mouth is and make an ultra exclusive realGM successor for Wiz Fans only!
Induveca
Head Coach
And1: 724

Post#38 » by Induveca » Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:14 pm

AFM wrote:I want my and1 count to come with me though. Induveca can finally put his money where his mouth is and make an ultra exclusive realGM successor for Wiz Fans only!

I'd fund it 100%, and have my guys handle the development. If anyone wants to flesh out the idea more, I'm down.
benb331
Pro Prospect

Post#39 » by benb331 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:19 pm

AFM wrote:I want my and1 count to come with me though. Induveca can finally put his money where his mouth is and make an ultra exclusive realGM successor for Wiz Fans only!

Wow, your And1 % is awesome.

Induveca wrote:
<br abp="881"><br abp="882">I'd fund it 100%, and have my guys handle the development. If anyone wants to flesh out the idea more, I'm down.

I'm down. I also sense a locked thread upcoming.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,704

Post#40 » by montestewart » Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:46 pm

benb331 wrote:

Wow, your And1 % is awesome.

Ctrl+Alt+1, then type benb331x10. That'll get your numbers up fast. Worked for AFM. But don't do it all at once. Maybe one a day, cause there's a snitch on this board. Ji, Arenas, hands, Trump. That's not a coincidence. Gotta go, paulpressey's calling.

Return to Washington Wizards