ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Thread - Wizards at Hornets

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

Who will prevail?

Representing the most powerful city in the world....
33%
The LOLcats
67%

Total votes: 3

TheSecretWeapon
RealGM
And1: 877

Re: Official Thread - Wizards at Hornets 

Post#101 » by TheSecretWeapon » Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:16 am

Tonight, Wall's PPA was 99. If he'd committed no turnovers, the same game -- even with 6-18 shooting -- his PPA would have been 203. He has to learn to value possessions.
"A lot of what we call talent is the desire to practice."
-- Malcolm Gladwell

Check out my blog about the Wizards, movies, writing, music, TV, sports, and whatever else comes to mind.
AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,155

Post#102 » by AFM » Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:18 am

Forget my idea of TSW, nate, and CCJ becoming GM
they should start for the wizards, would probably have better success than that multi car pileup I just witnessed
That 4th quarter was like an ISIS recruitment video
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,992

Post#103 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:18 am

Perhaps, Dandridge.

My theory, and I've never been a coach, is you play guys who energize while they're out there. CJ Miles, Paul George, and Nikolas Batum have killed the Wizards from the perimeter.

Washington is lacking energy and athletic play on the wings. Seems to me playing Oubre some at SF should be an option because he's long and he jumps high.

It's reaching but definitely not argumentative. I only want energetic situational substitution for minutes here and there out of Oubre or Blair. You said saviors.

When the Wizards had an 85-76 lead turn into an 85-98 deficit they needed energy at both ends. Different guys off the bench can do that but Wittman is lockstep and damned predictable IMO.
Bye bye Beal.
nuposse04
RealGM
And1: 2,439

Post#104 » by nuposse04 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:18 am

I can buy the notion that Oubre and Blair would not have been the saviors, but you prolly are better served situationally starting Jared in a game like this and having Hump play with the 2nd unit. Oubre/Temple should be getting the backup SF minutes for the 12-14 mins that are available... this three guard stuff doesn't work.

I also disdain the whole bench mob idea, he has to stagger the units. Too often the offense gets bogged down. Its only 12 games but .500 pretty much seems guaranteed with this level of incompetent play and coaching.
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager
And1: 3,464

Post#105 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:24 am

Temple is barely an NBA player. He is fine as #14 on your roster, break glass in case of emergency. As a rotation guy, fuggedaboudit.
In Rizzo we trust
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,992

Post#106 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:27 am

I disagree on Temple, lsbf. When Beal is out he shows his worth.

Just a couple games back folks wanted Neal kicked off the team and Temple ahead of him.

This loss is on Wall most of all.
Bye bye Beal.
TheSecretWeapon
RealGM
And1: 877

Post#107 » by TheSecretWeapon » Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:30 am

Temple is a pretty marginal player. Still better than Neal most nights. Temple would be a nice 5th guard in a 3.5 guard rotation.
"A lot of what we call talent is the desire to practice."
-- Malcolm Gladwell

Check out my blog about the Wizards, movies, writing, music, TV, sports, and whatever else comes to mind.
dandridge 10
Veteran
And1: 537

Post#108 » by dandridge 10 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:35 am

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:Perhaps, Dandridge.

My theory, and I've never been a coach, is you play guys who energize while they're out there. CJ Miles, Paul George, and Nikolas Batum have killed the Wizards from the perimeter.

Washington is lacking energy and athletic play on the wings. Seems to me playing Oubre some at SF should be an option because he's long and he jumps high.

It's reaching but definitely not argumentative. I only want energetic situational substitution for minutes here and there out of Oubre or Blair. You said saviors.

When the Wizards had an 85-76 lead turn into an 85-98 deficit they needed energy at both ends. Different guys off the bench can do that but Wittman is lockstep and damned predictable IMO.

I don't have a problem with giving Oubre some minutes here and there. Just don't think he would have made a difference this game at the end.

Ultimately, I agree that the loss tonight was mainly on Wall...and Beal. Our "stars" did not show up.
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager
And1: 3,464

Post#109 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:35 am

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:I disagree on Temple, lsbf. When Beal is out he shows his worth.

Just a couple games back folks wanted Neal kicked off the team and Temple ahead of him.

This loss is on Wall most of all.

Yeah, it's funny. In that role, temporary fill in starter, he has had his best games.

Last year, first few games, he was great before falling off a cliff. I don't mind him on the team at all... Just wish he was out of the rotation, which I guess will happen when Anderson comes back.
In Rizzo we trust
dandridge 10
Veteran
And1: 537

Post#110 » by dandridge 10 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:37 am

I'm out guys. Have a Happy Thanksgiving. Hoping a day football and eating like a King make me forget about this debacle tonight.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,704

Post#111 » by montestewart » Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:58 am

Had to work late. Just read the box score. Shooting chart says Wiz shot 1-20 in the 4th. I hate it when I miss spectacular performances.
JWizmentality
RealGM
And1: 5,093

Post#112 » by JWizmentality » Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:28 am

montestewart wrote:Had to work late. Just read the box score. Shooting chart says Wiz shot 1-20 in the 4th. I hate it when I miss spectacular performances.

You would have missed it anyway after you gouged your eyes out halfway through.
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,527

Post#113 » by closg00 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:30 am

thebigE wrote:
JWizmentality wrote:The new offense is a travesty. Go back to starting Nene at the 4. F*ck it.

Who in the F@@k signed off on pace and space? What clown thought the Wiz had the the personnel to be successful running an offense predicated on great perimeter shooting and athleticism at the wing. What in Gods name was this teams brass thinking? Newsflash: What works in Golden State ain't gonna work in Washington. Need material and we don't have it.

We have been.....Grunfelded.
AFM
General Manager

Post#114 » by AFM » Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:38 am

:wink:
dandridge 10 wrote:I'm out guys. Have a Happy Thanksgiving. Hoping a day football and eating like a King make me forget about this debacle tonight.

Only dr cuervo can help you now
DANNYLANDOVER
Veteran
And1: 438

Post#115 » by DANNYLANDOVER » Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:38 am

Wow, I left to run an errand early in the 4th when the Wiz were leading 85-76. How the **** did they end up losing 87-101. That's a 25-2 run!!! WTF is up with this team?
CMRicci89
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#116 » by CMRicci89 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:01 am

Need to change the offensive setup and strategy ASAP. Wizards don't have to wing and athleticism to do Small Ball or similar to what Golden State are capable of. Humphries starting yesterday against Pacers was clearly out of place and came off immediately. The problem between Gortat/Nene is bugging the team. Another thing- Otto can't have a 15 point game then go to trash the next, now he is starting he has to been more consistent and nail those open Threes, which he couldn't do tonight. 1/6 shooting with 3 pts is unacceptable.
popper
Veteran
And1: 366

Post#117 » by popper » Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:32 pm

I know it"s too early to panic but it doesn't look to me like we are a top eight team in the East. If TL feels the same way then IMO he should..

1. Fire EG
2. Hire the best GM we can find
3. Have the new GM trade Beal before the deadline (assuming we can get comparable assets in return, maybe a young C or PF, a first round pick and filler)
4, Tank

We start 2016 with a potentially decent core, a lottery pick, a later first round pick, tons of available cash for FA, and whatever else we get for Beal.

Wall
Porter
Oubre
Gortat
Satoransky
Young big from Beal trade
Two first round picks
FA star
maybe resign Sessions, Anderson and Dudley, etc.
AFM
General Manager

Post#118 » by AFM » Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:46 pm

Ted isn't going to make ANY change this year, I bet my RealGM And1 count on it.
He is trying to make our organization appear stable to attract Durant. He wants the Wiz to look like a stable core that just needs Durant to sign to become championship contenders.
He's not going to fire Randy or EG this year.
thricethefun
Junior
And1: 46

Post#119 » by thricethefun » Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:42 pm

What would you guys think of going after Brook Lopez on the Nets? Something like Gortat + Webster + their choice of Oubre/Our 2016 pick for Lopez. We'd still have money for a max player this offseason and Lopez is a huge upgrade over Gortat imo.
DANNYLANDOVER
Veteran
And1: 438

Post#120 » by DANNYLANDOVER » Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:37 pm

thricethefun wrote:What would you guys think of going after Brook Lopez on the Nets? Something like Gortat + Webster + their choice of Oubre/Our 2016 pick for Lopez. We'd still have money for a max player this offseason and Lopez is a huge upgrade over Gortat imo.

He's injury prone. That foot still scares me...and he's not a very good rebounder or shot blocker. He scores better than Gortat...that's pretty much it.

Return to Washington Wizards